Prophets Of Rage

Comments

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    It really was! That "No Sleep Til Brooklyn/Fight The Power" mash up is fantastic!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    jburneyko said:

i am a big RatM fan, but this just doesnt interest me. I thought from the start these large venues were way too ambitious for their tour... looks like these places will have tons of empty seats. Even TM still has great tix for sale.

You're missing out cause it was awesome. I know it's easy for skeptic to dismiss it as "Well it's a band touring without their real singer" a la Alice In Chains or something like that. But they play still play the fuck out of these songs and B-Real and Chuck D totally put their own spin on them. Actually, it was better than when I saw Rage at Lolla '08 just because of the venue and sound. The energy in that small Fairfax arena (and my great seats with a great view of Tom) made this more enjoyable.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • jburneykojburneyko Posts: 116

jburneyko said:

i am a big RatM fan, but this just doesnt interest me. I thought from the start these large venues were way too ambitious for their tour... looks like these places will have tons of empty seats. Even TM still has great tix for sale.

You're missing out cause it was awesome. I know it's easy for skeptic to dismiss it as "Well it's a band touring without their real singer" a la Alice In Chains or something like that. But they play still play the fuck out of these songs and B-Real and Chuck D totally put their own spin on them. Actually, it was better than when I saw Rage at Lolla '08 just because of the venue and sound. The energy in that small Fairfax arena (and my great seats with a great view of Tom) made this more enjoyable.
    well I'm glad to hear it was good, and that you enjoyed it !
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    They killed it at Great Woods!
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    cmalisze said:

Selling 2 PIT GA tickets to Tinley Park Saturday September 3. FACE VALUE

Still available
    edited August 2016
    I have reserved seats for the NYC show at Barclay's this Saturday, also for face value. Wasn't sure I could go when I bought them, now sure I can't, unfortunately. PM me if interested. Fairfax was a fantastic show and I bet it's getting tighter as it goes along!
  • philzonereddyphilzonereddy NH, NY Posts: 117
    halv said:

It's not Rage but I'd go see these guys in a heartbeat if they came anywhere near where I live. I guarantee it will be a killer show.

I was just thinking this while running today...it hit me while cranking No Sleep till Cleveland...this would be of the hizoook, yo!
    Rochester, NY>The Haunt...Ithaca>Syracuse>Troy, NY

Upstate '91 Tour Alumni...the rest is history...
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    scored tix to Barclays for $6 on stub
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,412
    Apparently tonight's Toronto show will be streamed live on Facebook (not sure if there are other online outlets for this). Since I won't be making the show, I'll be glued to the PC tonight, I guess, lol. Enjoy!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    edited August 2016
    Wow, so a miracle has been done unto me (I'm a Grateful Dead fan, lol), so hopefully I can return the favour. I'll be heading down to the Molson Amphitheatre shortly (from deepest Scarberia, likely arrive by 8, lol) with an extra ticket (last minute, no one I know can make it, lol). I'm hoping someone here can take advantage (if you don't mind sitting next to me, lol), if not, I'll be the long-haired guy in a Stickman tshirt wandering around before the show calling out if anyone would like a miracle. Except for when I'm on the subway I should be able to get any PMs about this (I'll get the PMs as emails fairly quickly), lol.

Should've asked if the giver minded being called out publicly, but you know who you are and, as I said, made my day and likely month, thanks again!!!

This offer will also be posted in the RAK thread, hope I don't get cross-offers, it'll be the first I hear from that gets it.

Edit: Ticket's been claimed, hope everyone digs the show!
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    edited August 2016
    What a freaking fun time! PS, if anyone was close enough to see a bra flying to the band and then back out into the crowd - that would be my crazy cousin's! Dave Growl playing and singing Kick Out The Jams with the band was most definitely the highlight for me.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,251
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Anyone interested in seeing them in Holmdel tomorrow night? No babysitter. Have a pair in section 302 for under face value. Can e-transfer tickets.
    [email protected]
    My lips are shaking.......
    Wait what city did Dave Grohl play with them in? Kick Out the Jams woulda been KILLER!!!
    I also still have good seats for Barclays Saturday night, but seems like there's no reason for anyone to buy for face. I'll sell for below face... but totally understand people buying them on net if they're going for so cheap!
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    JH6056 said:

Wait what city did Dave Grohl play with them in? Kick Out the Jams woulda been KILLER!!!

Was right here in Toronto! And it WAS killer!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,702
    Tom Morello came out at the Bruce show in Jersey last night!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2

Tom Morello came out at the Bruce show in Jersey last night!

Sweet, at the Toronto show Morello did say he's "...the only Boss worth listening to..." in introducing The Ghost Of Tom Joad (which gave away the song to me). It was an interesting rearrangement of that song too.

Really hope a good bootleg surfaces soon, it was an amazing show!

• samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Pumped for tonight! Ended up grabbing $82 tickets for $10 (+$5 fee) on Stub Hub!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    What time has AWOLNATION been going on? Do I really need to get there right when they say show start time is (for Barclays it's 7).
  • KH71368KH71368 Florida Posts: 65
    I have GA Pit tickets for WPB. I'm looking forward to it, but listening to some videos online I don't think B-Real or Chuck D are sounding that great.
    samjam said:

Pumped for tonight! Ended up grabbing $82 tickets for $10 (+$5 fee) on Stub Hub!

Enjoy! It's NYC so I'm expecting you to get an even better show than we got, and ours was great!
    Suziemay said:

What time has AWOLNATION been going on? Do I really need to get there right when they say show start time is (for Barclays it's 7).

I was at the Fairfax show. Timmy C's crappy band came on at whatever time the ticket said the show started. They played for about a half hour, then a little break before Awolnation.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

Suziemay said:

I was at the Fairfax show. Timmy C's crappy band came on at whatever time the ticket said the show started. They played for about a half hour, then a little break before Awolnation.
    Thanks! There are TWO openers? I really haven't been paying attention!
    Reporting back in case anyone else is wondering.

7:00-7:30 Wakrat (Ledbetterman10 was right, they were crappy!!)
    7:50-8:30 AWOLNATION
    9-9:15 DJ Lord from Public Enemy DJ set
    9:15-10:50 Prophets of Rage
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Show was a lot of fun last night! Didn't care for either opener, but Prophets brought it. If this is the closest I'll ever get to see Rage, I'd be satisfied. High energy show from start to finish, and the crowd was nuts. The pit last night looked like it could have been from a festival in the 90s! I never got the chance to see RATM, so hearing these songs live for the first time was awesome. I definitely recommend going if you're on the fence!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    Glad you enjoyed SamJam! Suziemay what did you think?

Yeah, the pit at my show also looked like a 90s pit, and the people in it looked like they were the same people there in the 90s LOL! It was mostly not a young kids thing, which was also really cool. (Everyone seemed welcome in the pit though, but I loved that the average age seemed middle aged :) )
    edited August 2016
    I thought the show was solid and I'm glad I went because I've never seen Rage before, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Not really sure what I was expecting to be honest, might be the Pearl Jam factor (in that I just saw PJ at Fenway and Wrigley so every show I see following will not even come close to those experiences). Wish they played longer, I think they played a little over 90 minutes? Maybe that's normal, but I've come to expect 2 hour sets.

I didn't think there was much on-stage chemistry, like everyone was kinda doing their own thing. Not very cohesive.

I also would have preferred if they scratched the DJ set and played an extra 15 minutes. If there were no openers it would have been cool, but we already sat through two openers so I think we were sufficiently warmed up. I thought it really killed the energy. Or maybe just do 5 minutes.

I love Tom Morello, though, so I could watch him all night doing whatever. My favourite moment was Ghost of Tom Joad. Aaron Bruno did a great job, what a moment for him to join the Rage guys for a song. Oh, and they also did a mashup of Audioslave's Cochise and something that I didn't recognize. Probably a Public Enemy or Cypress HIll song. That was super cool.

At the end of the show, Brad Wilk handed his cymbal to someone on the rail (saw a Facebook post, he's a PJ fan so probably on here) and setlists were handed out. Tom also gave his pick to a very specific person, he made the security dude knew who he was pointing to and he didn't leave the stage until the person got their pick. I love seeing that stuff from bands, so that was super awesome.

Wakrat sucked. They were so angry and their lyrics were awful. "Gimme the gun, fuck the knife" "Now we're fucked really fucked, we are really super fucked, generation fucked". Seriously?!?!

I love Awolnation, but I think it's an odd combination since they have such a different fanbase. Rage fans are predominantly white men in their 30s-40s, I'm pretty sure Awolnation's fanbase are much younger and mostly female. I'm not sure if the crowd appreciated them. I think most people were probably pleasantly surprised at how good they were though. I saw them at Irving Plaza and they killed it, don't think they are suitable for an arena. Hopefully they are enjoying touring with Rage because they cancelled their own tour just to do this tour. They must be huge fans.

Also wonder if they were being overly ambitious by booking arenas. The entire top section of Barclays (the 200s) was blocked off completely. The floor was full at least, thank god. I was a little worried that it would be half empty.

Oh, and for those in GA, rough pit but hoping you're aware since these are mostly Rage fans. There was no way in hell I was going to go in the pit for this show. At multiple points during the show there was just a huge hole in the middle because there was a circle pit going. Looked like everyone was having fun but that would have been too rough for me.

Sorry if I sound negative! I think I went in with super high expectations. I was definitely much more pleased with the Audioslave show I saw a bunch of years ago, but then again, I'm a huge Chris Cornell fan, so probably unfair to compare.
    Post edited by Suziemay on
    edited August 2016
    Suziemay said:

I thought the show was solid and I'm glad I went because I've never seen Rage before, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Not really sure what I was expecting to be honest, might be the Pearl Jam factor (in that I just saw PJ at Fenway and Wrigley so every show I see following will not even come close to those experiences). Wish they played longer, I think they played a little over 90 minutes? Maybe that's normal, but I've come to expect 2 hour sets.

I didn't think there was much on-stage chemistry, like everyone was kinda doing their own thing. Not very cohesive.

I also would have preferred if they scratched the DJ set and played an extra 15 minutes. If there were no openers it would have been cool, but we already sat through two openers so I think we were sufficiently warmed up. I thought it really killed the energy. Or maybe just do 5 minutes.

I love Tom Morello, though, so I could watch him all night doing whatever. My favourite moment was Ghost of Tom Joad. Aaron Bruno did a great job, what a moment for him to join the Rage guys for a song. Oh, and they also did a mashup of Audioslave's Cochise and something that I didn't recognize. Probably a Public Enemy or Cypress HIll song. That was super cool.

At the end of the show, Brad Wilk handed his cymbal to someone on the rail (saw a Facebook post, he's a PJ fan so probably on here) and setlists were handed out. Tom also gave his pick to a very specific person, he made the security dude knew who he was pointing to and he didn't leave the stage until the person got their pick. I love seeing that stuff from bands, so that was super awesome.

Wakrat sucked. They were so angry and their lyrics were awful. "Gimme the gun, fuck the knife" "Now we're fucked really fucked, we are really super fucked, generation fucked". Seriously?!?!

I love Awolnation, but I think it's an odd combination since they have such a different fanbase. Rage fans are predominantly white men in their 30s-40s, I'm pretty sure Awolnation's fanbase are much younger and mostly female. I'm not sure if the crowd appreciated them. I think most people were probably pleasantly surprised at how good they were though. I saw them at Irving Plaza and they killed it, don't think they are suitable for an arena. Hopefully they are enjoying touring with Rage because they cancelled their own tour just to do this tour. They must be huge fans.

Also wonder if they were being overly ambitious by booking arenas. The entire top section of Barclays (the 200s) was blocked off completely. The floor was full at least, thank god. I was a little worried that it would be half empty.

Oh, and for those in GA, rough pit but hoping you're aware since these are mostly Rage fans. There was no way in hell I was going to go in the pit for this show. At multiple points during the show there was just a huge hole in the middle because there was a circle pit going. Looked like everyone was having fun but that would have been too rough for me.

Sorry if I sound negative! I think I went in with super high expectations. I was definitely much more pleased with the Audioslave show I saw a bunch of years ago, but then again, I'm a huge Chris Cornell fan, so probably unfair to compare.

You don't sound too negative. But it seems like I definitely had a better time at my show (Fairfax) than you did at yours. Like you, I'm all about Tom Morello. He's my second favorite guitarist ever (after Jimmy Page) and to see him doing these songs again was great. I've seen Rage twice; once in 1999 (got elbowed in face during Sleep Now In The Fire down in the pit) and in 2008 at Lollapalooza (I was SO FAR away) so this was actually my favorite Tom Morello experience (which includes two Audioslave shows). I thought he, Brad, and Tim rocked the joint as well as ever. And I thought B-Real and Chuck D did a fine job. Nobody can replace Zach, but if anybody could possibly stand-in for him, they picked the right guys. I thought B-Real was great on songs like Bullet In The Head. And the Cypress and Public Enemy songs were great too. Putting the lyrics of Public Enemy songs to No Sleep Till Brooklyn and Cochise was pretty sweet as well.

I don't think the opening DJ set went nearly 15 minutes. At least not at my show. It was about five to seven minutes tops. But I agree that it's unnecessary and frankly, I find very little talent or art in doing it. And I completely agree that Timmy C's band sucked beyond suck. He's a horrible singer and the guitarist sucked too. Awolnation just isn't my thing so I'm not even going to comment on them other than to say, yes, they cancelled their own tour and hopped on with Rage cause they're big fans.

And yes, a little overzealous booking arenas like Barclays. The place I saw them in Fairfax sat about 10,000 and it was near capacity. No way they're filling an NBA arena. But that's okay. I don't take Tom Morello as the type to look at the crowd and say "look at all the empty seats." I think he's the type to look at the people that are there and say "we're going to rock these people."

Overall, I loved it. Had a much better time than I did at Lolla '08.

Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    pretty good show last night in BK. Tom is Tom (great) and in top form. The band sounds tight and the Rage tunes performed by BReal were surprisingly good. I think they could actually do a Rage tour with B frontin it and it would work out. Chuck's deep voice doesnt quite cut it for the Rage material but he still brings it. The pit was quite 90ish and I enjoyed watching, lol. My 6 dollar seats were upgraded to side stage row 17 because they didn't even open the uppers that they sold.

ow ya, Blueberry pie shake from Shake Shack is on point! It may have been the 175th Street Harlem haze talkin! I think that also kept me out the pit.