Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,733
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

and how you feeling about your MMJ boy being on Roadies twice already? i guess when no one knows who you are you gotta sell out like that. at least Ed is only going to be on the final show as a favor to a friend.

What is your problem with MMJ, outdoor fires, etc? So weird. MMJ is one of the great rock bands in the world and still making great albums, and are an amazing live act (you can actually get tickets too!). I can sure think of worse things.
    was just responding to Mr. Sunshine's take on current Pearl Jam. I think it's way weirder to bitch and moan about a band, as you type on their web site and are planning on going to multiple shows over the next month and a half.

and fires when it's 90+ fucking degrees out is fucking stupid. i stand by that.
    Yeah, it's easy to just not go see a band. They have had the same political views since 1991, it shouldn't surprise anyone.

But MMJ is fucking awesome.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,231
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Got 2 tix for N2 for TOTD.

good score. I put in for 10C tickets but that was pretty much a lost cause. I didn't even try Ticketmaster. I'll check secondary market some but not sure i'll take the plunge. will have to see as we get closer. Seeing them at the Tower would be great though.

i didn't even know they added a second show until it was too late (not that it matters too much since i'm going the first night).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    edited July 2016
    The Fixer said:

I can see myself paying more for this show than any show I've ever gone too. Just know that I wont be lucky with tenclub and then the stubhub/broker market will be ungodly expensive...once in a lifetime show though, right?

Prolly no Eddie though, right?

I'm thinking he stops by and does Seattle but not the others.
    Vedder will be in Philly too. Swing state so he will be here to pimp the biggest loser candidate ever.

His shit is old. And their new music has sucked for a while. And their Philly/msg run was average at best. And they cancel shows two days beforehand. And he's playing shows w Beyoncé and rihanna. Fuck these guys
    Ha.
    You know you could just let your membership to their fan club lapse? Just a thought.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The fact that Klentac's even listening to offers on Velasquez shows how different this regime is than the previous one.

Also heard they could get 3-4 prospects back on Helickson. Not a bad return on investment.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    so the combination of Ryan Howard and Tommy Joseph leads all NL 1st basemen in home runs.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

so the combination of Ryan Howard and Tommy Joseph leads all NL 1st basemen in home runs.

and no major moves from the Phills :neutral:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

pjhawks said:

and no major moves from the Phills :neutral:
    Kind of surprised. Figured at least one guy would go. Maybe still a waiver wire deal. You have to think Jake Thompson will be up soon. What else can he do in the minors at this point? Maybe they go with a 6 man rotation? Hate to see them send Nola down but I have a feeling they might if he doesn't come out of his funk real soon.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,827
    Welp, just like I've thought, Nola's elbow is about to become dust in the wind.
  • Options

15 day DL

thoughts on the fan being ejected last night?
    http://www.12up.com/posts/3558747-video-phillies-fan-ejected-by-home-plate-umpire-for-extreme-heckling?a_aid=40166
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

First thing I thought of was your posts about this possibly happening.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Crazy what this Philiies lineup has done to Madbum and Cueto this year. Suck it Giants.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

15 day DL

http://www.12up.com/posts/3558747-video-phillies-fan-ejected-by-home-plate-umpire-for-extreme-heckling?a_aid=40166
    Sounding like he's toast for the season now.

From what I gather, the piece of garbage was referencing 69th Street and the douchebag ump thought he was using it for innuendo(nice) towards some of the Giants players. In the end, both the fan and the ump are garbage.

I'm all for yelling and getting into it...when the time is right, and when your team blows isn't the right time.
  • Options

I don't think this is....sustainable.

I couldn't find a picture where the elbow is straight-up leading his delivery.

I'd say Eflin (if he stops imploding), Eikhoff, Velasquez, Nola, Thompson, could make for a very solid mix of 3-5's. Now it's time to bring some bats along. Maybe one of those guys rise up to 2....maybe.
  • Options

15 day DL

Sounding like he's toast for the season now.

From what I gather, the piece of garbage was referencing 69th Street and the douchebag ump thought he was using it for innuendo(nice) towards some of the Giants players. In the end, both the fan and the ump are garbage.

I'm all for yelling and getting into it...when the time is right, and when your team blows isn't the right time.
    the fan is a giant dbag. i don't necessarily think the umpire should be handling that but i guess he had heard enough. The people in the area and the ushers should be handling it. i have no problem having umpires being heckled but you can't do it in an inappropriate way. you can't say 'come down to 69th street and suck' like he supposedly said.
  • Options

I don't think this is....sustainable.

I couldn't find a picture where the elbow is straight-up leading his delivery.

I'd say Eflin (if he stops imploding), Eikhoff, Velasquez, Nola, Thompson, could make for a very solid mix of 3-5's. Now it's time to bring some bats along. Maybe one of those guys rise up to 2....maybe.
    I'm fine with that since they have almost an unlimited amount of cash to sign an ace when the time is right.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    one of the many reason i hate Camden and going to concerts there
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rEjG6qTbzs
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Triple play!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Triple play!

that's the third one they've turned this year. might be a record.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,658
    c'mon Phillies!!!!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited August 2016
    Wobbie said:

c'mon Phillies!!!!!!

We owe you no favors

BTW, nice slide by Buster. Are they going to make the bases softer now to accommodate him?
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Wobbie said:

c'mon Phillies!!!!!!

We owe you no favors

BTW, nice slide by Buster. Are they going to make the bases softer now to accommodate him?
    ...zing
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    anyone head to Boston? headed up for Sunday show. Had a fantastic time in Boston Saturday and Sunday. It was so awesome to be on the field and get to touch the Green Monster and then to look back at the packed grandstands during the show. Not a Sox fan but to be on the field at Fenway Park was a really special moment. Even if the show sucked still would have been a good time but I thought the show was great. Sound on the field was great, good setlist and perfect weather for the show. still on a high from it all.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,653
    pjhawks said:

anyone head to Boston? headed up for Sunday show. Had a fantastic time in Boston Saturday and Sunday. It was so awesome to be on the field and get to touch the Green Monster and then to look back at the packed grandstands during the show. Not a Sox fan but to be on the field at Fenway Park was a really special moment. Even if the show sucked still would have been a good time but I thought the show was great. Sound on the field was great, good setlist and perfect weather for the show. still on a high from it all.

Yeah dude. I had a great time. As much as it pains me to say, Boston is a great and beautiful city. I was up there every other week for work for a couple years and miss being there.

I really enjoyed the show. I loved the set list but I thought it was a bit out of order. Too much fast slow fast slow. The sound was great. The crowd by us was so so. A lot of first timers from Boston which I thought was cool. They all loved it. Had some fuuuucking hilarious southie chicks right next to us. I have no real complaints though. The whole thing was a blast. The wife and I turned it into a vacation and spent the week before in New Hampshire and Maine and some other peeps met up with us in Boston. Today fucking sucked especially considering I had a 9am client meeting that I needed to be on point for.

Oh also, I love that Boston people apparently can't drink and Eddie had to tell them to pace themselves after the first song.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Yeah dude. I had a great time. As much as it pains me to say, Boston is a great and beautiful city. I was up there every other week for work for a couple years and miss being there.

I really enjoyed the show. I loved the set list but I thought it was a bit out of order. Too much fast slow fast slow. The sound was great. The crowd by us was so so. A lot of first timers from Boston which I thought was cool. They all loved it. Had some fuuuucking hilarious southie chicks right next to us. I have no real complaints though. The whole thing was a blast. The wife and I turned it into a vacation and spent the week before in New Hampshire and Maine and some other peeps met up with us in Boston. Today fucking sucked especially considering I had a 9am client meeting that I needed to be on point for.

Oh also, I love that Boston people apparently can't drink and Eddie had to tell them to pace themselves after the first song.

pjhawks said:

maybe this is why most of the service in the four or five bars we went into mostly sucked. i couldn't believe how long it took waitresses and waiters to come around for beer orders. luckily most places served 23 oz'ers. one place that we visited that was really cool was Harpoon Brewery even though not usually a fan of craft beers. Cool bar in there and met some folks heading to show Sunday afternoon.

My nephew and his buddy were first timers too. in their late 20s now and never had seen them before and were kind of casual fans but they were blown away by the show. they couldn't believe how awesome it was and both said they were converts now.

my first trip to Boston but luckily was there with a few others who have been there a bunch. enjoyed the city but seems like a hard city to drive in. i mean i don't think any of their streets were straight. some weird fucking turns on the streets there. we really enjoyed walking around the city though. just a really nice vibe all weekend.
  • Options
    c'mon fuckers! :prayer:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

pjhawks said:

wish i did. Put in for the lottery didn't win. If i went i probably could have gotten tickets since people were selling them day of, but money was the main reason i didn't go (and kinda glad i didn't get the lottery cause of that).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Thank you!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Thank you!

you're welcome
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Phils open to moving El Torrito in the off season if the right deal comes along. Again--something the previous regime wouldn't even consider.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think we have a Mexican restaurant in town called El Torrito

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11