U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    First of all fuck Lalas.

I don't think Klinsman can claim that they played evenly given Colombia had a 2 goal lead and sat back, but I don't think the score reflects the game. Team is in a weird spot.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    That was awful. Bradley had a terrible game. Jermaine Jones was horrible as well. Hard to take any positives away from that game. Not looking good to get out of the group.
    So this tournament is off to about as bad of a start as possible...

About those ticket prices....
    edited June 2016
    With the Costa Rica -Paraguay tie, assuming Colombia wins all 3, the US can win it's next two games and advance, I think. Obviously easier said than done.

Not going to see any of tomorrow's game. Going to see Mudcrutch.
    Well that was more like it. Very nice performance all around. Have themselves in a position to advance against a shitty Paraguay team on Saturday.

Well that was more like it. Very nice performance all around. Have themselves in a position to advance against a shitty Paraguay team on Saturday.

Yessir. How was the game? I was at a concert and didn't see a second of it, but looks like it was probably a good time. Pumped for Saturday

Yessir. How was the game? I was at a concert and didn't see a second of it, but looks like it was probably a good time. Pumped for Saturday
    It was a good time. My seats were kinda shitty, but still awesome to be at a big international game like that....my first time seeing the U.S. in person. Philly should be rocking on Saturday night.
    edited June 2016

It was a good time. My seats were kinda shitty, but still awesome to be at a big international game like that....my first time seeing the U.S. in person. Philly should be rocking on Saturday night.
    Nice. I saw some clips of the goals and looked like it was sweet. Yeah, ours aren't very good for Saturday. Middle level of 3 levels behind the goal, but whatever, I have bitched about the prices plenty and the tournament is paying for it. I think we are at the opposite end of the American Outlaws which kind of stinks. Gonna be a good drunk time. Weather is supposed to be glorious. Think we have at least 10 people coming and tailgating.

I have seen them a few times when I was a kid, but never something like this.

Nice. I saw some clips of the goals and looked like it was sweet. Yeah, ours aren't very good for Saturday. Middle level of 3 levels behind the goal, but whatever, I have bitched about the prices plenty and the tournament is paying for it. I think we are at the opposite end of the American Outlaws which kind of stinks. Gonna be a good drunk time. Weather is supposed to be glorious. Think we have at least 10 people coming and tailgating.

Yeah man, they way overpriced the tickets for this tournament. Some of the crowds have been embarrassing.

Yeah man, they way overpriced the tickets for this tournament. Some of the crowds have been embarrassing.
    Really hope this doesn't hurt our chances to host another World Cup. I am sure other countries would try to hold this against us.

Really hope this doesn't hurt our chances to host another World Cup. I am sure other countries would try to hold this against us.
    Yeah, hopefully not. I feel like most people don't even know what the hell this tournament is. I've had to explain it to a lot of my friends. US would have zero problem selling tickets for a world cup.

Yeah, hopefully not. I feel like most people don't even know what the hell this tournament is. I've had to explain it to a lot of my friends. US would have zero problem selling tickets for a world cup.
    Oh no doubt. Every game would be in demand, this is just not a good look.
    Have been planning the tailgate for Saturday today and just got extremely excited.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    So it seems increasingly likely that the quarterfinal at Metlife will be Brazil v. USA, which for selfish reasons I am not complaining about at all.

Odds of the US beating Brazil though?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435

Have been planning the tailgate for Saturday today and just got extremely excited.

So nice you got a Saturday night game in Philly. Tuesday night was great, but had to take the train back out to the burbs and didnt get home until after 1am. Shit like that really makes me miss living in the city. Work on Wednesday was a big struggle.

I think they're going to smoke Parguay. Paraguay has been bad and has had brutal travel for their first 3 games. Orlando, then the Rose Bowl and now Philly all within a week. Another 4-0 score wouldn't surprise me at all.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    soccer....pffft.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

So nice you got a Saturday night game in Philly. Tuesday night was great, but had to take the train back out to the burbs and didnt get home until after 1am. Shit like that really makes me miss living in the city. Work on Wednesday was a big struggle.

I think they're going to smoke Parguay. Paraguay has been bad and has had brutal travel for their first 3 games. Orlando, then the Rose Bowl and now Philly all within a week. Another 4-0 score wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Yeah, dude. I would have definitely gone to a weekday game, but most definitely a different vibe. Especially with them needing a result.

That would be sweet. Didn't realize they traveled that much. Thought I read they played a decent game against Colombia though.
    ldent42 said:

So it seems increasingly likely that the quarterfinal at Metlife will be Brazil v. USA, which for selfish reasons I am not complaining about at all.

Odds of the US beating Brazil though?

Screw it...I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN

Not really
    Sunday is going to be intense, to me at least.
    Ecuador is playing Haiti, if they spank them as hard as Brazil did then it could be neck and neck between Ecuador and Brazil for first place in the group, ASSUMING of course that Brazil ties against Peru 1-1. Or actually loses. Which I don't see happening.
    I dunno how likely it is that Haiti will allow 6+ goals to be scored on them a second time in a row, though.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    ldent42 said:

Sunday is going to be intense, to me at least.
    Ecuador is playing Haiti, if they spank them as hard as Brazil did then it could be neck and neck between Ecuador and Brazil for first place in the group, ASSUMING of course that Brazil ties against Peru 1-1. Or actually loses. Which I don't see happening.
    I dunno how likely it is that Haiti will allow 6+ goals to be scored on them a second time in a row, though.

When is that 2nd round game?
    The Quarter Final at Metlife is on June 17. It'll be 1B vs 2A, which is why I'm all twitchy about Sunday. Not that I wouldn't like to see Brazil, but I know a lot of Ecuadorians.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

dude, I'm in tomorrow. will be three of us. let me know if you need me to bring anything

weather is supposed to be awesome -- should be a great time
    The Fixer said:

dude, I'm in tomorrow. will be three of us. let me know if you need me to bring anything

The Fixer said:

Hell yeah, gonna be a blast. Hope storms miss south philly, but what can you do.

Planning on getting down there early afternoonish. Probably between 2-3. I will hit you up with details.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Hell yeah, gonna be a blast. Hope storms miss south philly, but what can you do.

Planning on getting down there early afternoonish. Probably between 2-3. I will hit you up with details.
    cool. I'm meeting my friends in university city at 130 so 2-3 is perfect timing.

gonna have to bring the spf 3,000 for my pale ass
    Gameday!!!
    And they win the group! Crazy.
    I can say I saw Clint Dempsey score a goal in person. I dig it.

Phenomenal day. The venue fucking sucked and was so unprepared

Was the security terrible? The clear tote bag thing is killing me
    edited June 2016
    ldent42 said:

security wasn't too bad but that's venue to venue I think. No NFL stadium allows bags. There were a couple real long lines but we were able to walk a bit and find a quick one.

No preparation for a 50k crowd. Lines inside were beyond belief
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

ldent42 said:

security wasn't too bad but that's venue to venue I think. No NFL stadium allows bags. There were a couple real long lines but we were able to walk a bit and find a quick one.

No preparation for a 50k crowd. Lines inside were beyond belief
    Soldier Field wasn't too bad last week with the big crowds. But overall it feels like the preparation for this tournament hasn't been the best.

Sounded like a rowdy crowd in Philly last night. Should be another rowdy crowd in Seattle on Thursday for the QF....glad they ended up there. Should be a mostly US crowd no matter who they play.