Now Jozy out Tuesday. Need a goal
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    Fuck
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    Fuck Jozy.  Such a whiny little bitch.  
    Pathetic performance all around.  
    Hey US Soccer...don't have a home world cup qualifying game in fucking New York.  So many Costa Rican fans there...brutal.
    So Costa Rica is a better team. Not a surprise. This is bad but not the end of the world. not sure why everyone was assuming this was a win. They convinced me. Win in that stupid stadium in honduras and you are fine.
    Stop saying they schooled them. They didn't. 
    The US back line is trash.

Worst case scenario this team is playing a playoff against someone like India or New Zealand, no?
    The US back line is trash.

Worst case scenario this team is playing a playoff against someone like India or New Zealand, no?
    Yeah that was awful tonight.  Brooks and Yedlin just can't stay healthy.  I'm sure it will look much different on Tuesday.

Could be a possibility for a playoff.  Guess it depends how the rest of the group shakes out and if they win on Tuesday.  Just an awful position to put themselves in.
    This is fucking awful.  Desperately need a goal here in the last 30 mins
    This is pathetic. These guys don't deserve to make the World Cup. Straight trash. I get Friday. That is a good team but to not even show up today..
    They haven't even had a scoring chance in either of these games 
    Well they're gonna make it to Russia barring a complete disaster 
    Well they're gonna make it to Russia barring a complete disaster 

They're damn lucky to be in CONCACAF where it's just about impossible not to qualify for a decent team.

That was about the only scoring chance they had all day and Wood nailed it.  That was pretty sweet.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Like my friend said, 323 million people and this is the best we got?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Lalas spits some fire at the USMNT.  Can't really argue with anything he said, though I don't agree with the Pulisic comment.  He had a bad couple games but both teams knocked him down every time because they knew no one else could do anything.  What is he supposed to do?
    Lalas spits some fire at the USMNT.  Can't really argue with anything he said, though I don't agree with the Pulisic comment.  He had a bad couple games but both teams knocked him down every time because they knew no one else could do anything.  What is he supposed to do?

Loved the rant.  Especially the part aimed at Altidore...one of the most overrated players in USMNT history.  Sure, he has scored plenty of goals against St. Vincent and all these other horseshit teams or in friendlies, but he never shows up when they really need him to.  The shot at Pulisic was a bit much, but I think he was just calling out everybody because those 2 games were complete garbage from everybody.  Once you get to the hex, it's harder not to qualify for the world cup from CONCACAF than it is to qualify and they've put themselves in serious jeopardy here.  Sad!
    Friday's game is one of the biggest games in US Soccer history.  If they don't get at least a draw, their World Cup chances are not looking good.  Would be an enormous step back for US soccer to not qualify for the WC out of fucking CONCACAF.

Still can't figure out why Fabian Johnson didn't make the roster.  But hey, at least Wondo made it......fucking Wondo.
    Well that was awesome.  Needed a performance like that.  Not much left to say about Pulisic...he's their best player and it isn't even close.  The kid is a star and will just keep getting better.  As long as they get at least a tie at Trinidad on Tuesday, we're going to Russia!  
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    That was really fun to watch for sure
    There may be 100 people at this game 
    Um
    What in the fuck is this team doing 
    You can't make this up 
    Holy shit.  We didn't make the fucking World Cup. 
    I am speechless
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    Holy shit.  We didn't make the fucking World Cup. 
    embarrassing! 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited October 2017
    So Dempsey doesn't break Donovan's record? I think he gets some time in trash friendlies over the next year and probably still will but I wouldn't be surprised if he is done. I think he wants that record though

I don't think Howard puts on a national jersey again. Bradley sure as fuck shouldn't. Jozy played as bad as a game as you can possibly play. Lot of big time careers are done. I hate Bradley.

The worst fucking thing about this is the experience of pulisic. What a fucking disaster. He is the only one who looked like he gave a shit

I do not want tab ramos as the coach.

Somehow Sunil will survive this. 

This is fucking pathetic. What a fucking disaster. Can't tie Trinidad to make the World Cup. 

Blow it up
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    The good news is that I didn't know we had a thread for US Soccer and I found this. The bad news is that I had to find it under these circumstances. 
    1) I want USSF to provide a GOOD reason as to why Bruce, the US coach with the lowest winning percentage in the World Cup, was brought in to get this team across the finish line? It's fucking pathetic. 
    2) Christian is a generational player by US standards (and doing very well on his own overseas) and we just wasted a chance to get him some World Cup games under him to build towards 2022, but....nope. I hope he's pissed. Like it was said earlier, he looked like the only one who gave a shit tonight. Say what you want about Klinsmann, but he would have had this team up for tonight. 

Fuck this. I bet I'm up until 2:00 stewing over this. 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    I think this set US soccer back about two decades.  I don't know if I can respect a sport that the US soccer team loses to a country that our military could take over in a weekend with one Humvee and some bottle rockets.