U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    I am speechless

I was sick in bed with the flu all day yesterday....woke up just in time to watch this game.  It almost made me start puking again.  I don't even know what to say.  The worst part is that Pulisic will be sitting at home next summer.  Like others have said, he looked like the only one that gave a shit last night.  I'm fucking done with Bradley and Jozy.

It's time to clean house at US Soccer.  Obviously Arena will be gone, but Gulati needs to go too...what a fucking fucking disaster.  Unreal.
    Also- what the fuck was Cameron doing on the bench instead of Gonzalez????  
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    This boggles my mind.  It makes absolutely no sense.  I about lost my mind when I heard after the game that Cameron was healthy.
    I am speechless

I was sick in bed with the flu all day yesterday....woke up just in time to watch this game.  It almost made me start puking again.  I don't even know what to say.  The worst part is that Pulisic will be sitting at home next summer.  Like others have said, he looked like the only one that gave a shit last night.  I'm fucking done with Bradley and Jozy.

It's time to clean house at US Soccer.  Obviously Arena will be gone, but Gulati needs to go too...what a fucking fucking disaster.  Unreal.
    I was reading last night that Gulati will likely survive this.  F the reelection, the dude should resign.  The US will get the world cup based on the country and infastrcture in place. It makes no difference if Gulati is in charge.

No Tab Ramos.

This is bad.
    This boggles my mind.  It makes absolutely no sense.  I about lost my mind when I heard after the game that Cameron was healthy.
    And not to mention that Fabian Johnson was left off the squad entirely for these 2 games.  
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    edited October 2017
    as long as Trump is still President US Soccer will only be the second most pathetic thing in the US.  what a disgrace.  
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

The Worst Loss In The History Of U.S. Men’s Soccer

What a goddamned disaster. A bunch of low-energy, unmotivated scrubs wearing our crest. Pulisic was the only guy who looked like he gave two shits. Where was the urgency? Where was the hustle? Bruce didn't care about this game, spent no time on the lineup, spent no time on tactics. Instead had the team mentally focused on water on the pitch. Good work. Another 600+ days before we play a competitive game. Time to burn this house of cards to the ground and rebuild it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    On the bright side, at least we don't have to fly half way around they world so Putin and the Russians get to watch our asses whooped.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    So Dempsey doesn't break Donovan's record? I think he gets some time in trash friendlies over the next year and probably still will but I wouldn't be surprised if he is done. I think he wants that record though

I don't think Howard puts on a national jersey again. Bradley sure as fuck shouldn't. Jozy played as bad as a game as you can possibly play. Lot of big time careers are done. I hate Bradley.

The worst fucking thing about this is the experience of pulisic. What a fucking disaster. He is the only one who looked like he gave a shit

I do not want tab ramos as the coach.

Somehow Sunil will survive this. 

This is fucking pathetic. What a fucking disaster. Can't tie Trinidad to make the World Cup. 

Blow it up

maybe your yankees will win..... :triumph:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Arena is out.  Hopefully Gulati is next.  

I still can't believe this actually happened.  Fuck.
    Arena is out.  Hopefully Gulati is next.  

I still can't believe this actually happened.  Fuck.
    Least surprising news ever. What a disaster.
    The fucking ego on this guy.  Unreal.  

He's clearly a really smart kid.  Made some really great points as far as the way younger kids are developed in the US.  There seem to be more and more younger American kids signing with European teams....absolutely love it and hope it continues.

Also, still can't believe the US isn't going to the World Cup.  Fuck.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828

He's clearly a really smart kid.  Made some really great points as far as the way younger kids are developed in the US.  There seem to be more and more younger American kids signing with European teams....absolutely love it and hope it continues.

Yeah, it sucks. It's been a good run, though. Maybe the team needed a wake up call. They haven't looked threatening at the actual WC since 2002.
    Holy crap. Italy doesn't make the World Cup.  

Yeah, obviously had a lot of help with it, but like all his points and agree.  Though I think the entire format of our youth programs need to change more than he does.  You know how expensive it is to get good coaching on a good team?  Insane.  It is just not accessible to the vast majority of America.
    edited November 2017
    Like, the US not making the world cup sucks, especially coming from CONCACAF.  Buuuuuuut Italy, oh my.  What a disaster.  Lot of careers ended there today.  Buffon deserves better.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Didn't watch any of yesterday's friendly with Portugal.  Nice to see McKennie's debut go well with a goal.  Kid has been starting for Schalke in the Bundesliga this year....and naturally he wasn't even on Arena's radar.  Brutal.
    It was great seeing McKennie's debut goal. That kid has skills. He spun that Portugal defender around like a top before taking a well placed shot. The future looks bright with him. Horvath on the other hand should stay in Belgium. That kid is a sieve.
    Who is coaching this team at the moment?

I don't know much of anything about McKennie until yesterday, but nice to see another potential star paying on the other side of the pond.
    Arena's right hand man, Dave Sarachan is the interim coach. So there won't be anything revolutionary happening with the team until US Soccer announces a permanent Arena replacement. 
    Who is coaching this team at the moment?

I don't know much of anything about McKennie until yesterday, but nice to see another potential star paying on the other side of the pond.

One of Arena's assistants.  Forget the guys name.  Assuming they won't announce a full time replacement for Arena until after the USSF elects a new president.  And possibly not until after the world cup depending on who that person wants to target.

Sounds like McKennie looked really good.  So did some other young guys like Adams, Vickers and Miazga.  Too bad Sargent was injured and couldn't play.  He'll be going to the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen when he turns 18 in February.  A lot of young kids playing over in Europe to get excited about...hopefully this becomes the norm.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    NIT World Cup?

dumb.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    NIT World Cup?

dumb.
    FIFA would never sanction such a thing.   They will try to dress up the friendlies that always precede the cup, but it won't be anything more than a marketing gimmic.   
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Wobbie said:
    NIT World Cup?

dumb.
    FIFA would never sanction such a thing.   They will try to dress up the friendlies that always precede the cup, but it won't be anything more than a marketing gimmic.   
    Such a stupid, loser idea
    Wobbie said:
    NIT World Cup?

dumb.
    Such a stupid, loser idea

Obviously they're going to play some friendlies before the World Cup, but please no bullshit "tournament" like this....complete money grab by US Soccer.  I might be done with them if they do this.....this is beyond pathetic.
    Here's a great article touching on this money grab by US Soccer, as well as scorching Bruce Arena. I think the author is spot on.

American Soccer Needs To Burn To The Ground

"First we learned about an absolutely absurd, moronic, avaricious, unintentionally self-disgracing plan by the money-grubbing shitbrains in charge of soccer in this country. These geniuses are apparently attempting to organize a Tournament of Losers next summer in the U.S. that would host some of the prominent international teams that failed to make the World Cup. Rather than hibernating for a year or so in shame over how colossally the U.S. botched the World Cup qualification process—and rather than undergoing a sober and ruthless accounting of the specific ways the entire soccer system in America failed, and coming up with a strategy for how to fix these flaws—U.S. Soccer and their shady marketing arm Soccer United Marketing thought the best use of their time was to draw even more attention to the most humiliating incident in this country’s history in the sport by dreaming up a risible, though almost certainly profitable, World Crap."