what is up with all these hollywood pedos?

rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    So when does the FBI investigation start?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Pretty sure there are pedophiles in every walk of life. The light being shined on Hollywood isn't so surprising; it's happened before.
    There are pedophiles all over the place of course, but what Wood seems to be suggesting is that there is some kind of organization involved here, along with a whole shitload of labour laws being involved. Sounds like a good reason for a full blown investigation maybe.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited May 2016
    Pedophiles, predators, and creeps in Hollywood is old news. They've been there for 100 years and nothing has been done. Why should/would they start now?
    edited May 2016

Pedophiles, predators, and creeps in Hollywood is old news. They've been there for 100 years and nothing has been done. Why should/would they start now?

Are you really asking why they SHOULD start now? Because I think that's pretty obvious. Why would they? Well, because it's in the news again. Just because it's not been done yet doesn't mean it never will be.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    The media will bury this quick fast and in a hurry. If it doesn't involve catholics, the chosen media aint interested in letting it out the bag. lol
    edited May 2016
    I am simply hoping for law enforcement to react. If just one person with some pull in a police force or at the FBI decide that they up for the challenge here. Or if a victim or a parent of a victim decides to go on a mission. I'm certainly not holding my breath. Just saying that there are possibilities here. If there is even a loosely organized pedophile ring happening with child actors, then perhaps someone somewhere, like in the child sex crimes unit somewhere, will decide to dig.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I don't care if the media covers it. As long as the cops arrest the guilty parties and they rot in jail, I'll be good.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    Cops might arrest em but judges and lawyers in Hollywood are bought and sold by Hollywood execs. If you want to really hurt them, stop going to their "superhero" movies.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywood-execs-sued-by-bryan-698200

He doesn't look at all like a pedo. LMAO

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/04/18/bryan-singer-photos-019-480w.jpg

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    rssesq said:

Cops might arrest em but judges and lawyers in Hollywood are bought and sold by Hollywood execs. If you want to really hurt them, stop going to their "superhero" movies.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywood-execs-sued-by-bryan-698200

He doesn't look at all like a pedo. LMAO

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/04/18/bryan-singer-photos-019-480w.jpg

You are posting 2 yr old articles
    Eventually it was proven the accusations were false and the accusers withdrew all charges and lawsuits. Guess you forgot to mention that.
    how much was the payoff to withdraw the suit.
    and Frodo was yesterday
    edited May 2016
    I know nothing about the situation that you two are talking about, but I see " it was proven the accusations were false" and getting a payoff to withdraw the suit" as two very different things.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    Like someone mentioned above, this will be swept under the rug soon...
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Woody Allen still makes movies and people go to see them even though he started the relationship with his current wife when she was a child and has been accused of abusing another one of Mia Farrow's daughters.

If people truly cared, it seems to me that they should boycott his movies!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    King of Pop

If he was still alive would he be going through what Cosby is going through?

I think being able to dance and people give you a pass.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    edited May 2016
    I think it's interesting that Cosby is not going to escape the embarrassment of his habit even though he is old now. (!!!) He probably thought he was in the clear when he got away with it for so long when
    he was younger.

Cosby isn't being accused of pedophilia, just other sex crimes, because he was involved with adult women.
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Nothing will come of it because the kids involved will sell their souls for fame and fortune or their parents will. By the time the smoke clears they are drug addicts and Hollywood is done with them or they have a career and don't want jeopardize anything. This is how organized and recognized crimes against children happen on a daily basis and nothing is done. Until as a society we determine as a whole that a child's safety is more important than fame the cycle will continue.

Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Nothing will come of it because the kids involved will sell their souls for fame and fortune or their parents will. By the time the smoke clears they are drug addicts and Hollywood is done with them or they have a career and don't want jeopardize anything. This is how organized and recognized crimes against children happen on a daily basis and nothing is done. Until as a society we determine as a whole that a child's safety is more important than fame the cycle will continue.

The cycle will continue because parents are willing to sell their children's soul for a profit. It's difficult to blame the children. The parents are ultimately responsible.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    You're right - can't blame the children, DF. I'll always consider the peds themselves responsible, and the parent(s) as well for not knowing what was going on with their child, willfully blind or not.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    So we have Woody Allen and Polanski as confirmed offenders. Hollywood never shunned them.

I'm shocked that the public hasn't.

I have never cared to nor seen a Woody Allen film since I heard what he did.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Woody Allen is to movies what Bob Dylan is to music. I just don't understand the genius people claim to see.
    Confessed this before - Rosemary's Baby is one of my favorite films. Perhaps I employ that suspension of Polanski-disbelief whenever I randomly come across it. Plus you have kooky Ruth Gordon and that dreamy Cassevetes.

And it sucks because my watching it makes me feel like a hypocrite...just for a bit though.

Yup, I'm a selfish hypocrite.

Haven't watched anything of Woody's since Manhattan Murder Mystery and have to admit that his contribution to New York Stories was pretty good. Oedipus Wrecks? C'mon.

(Jason, I'm not a big Dylan fan either :no_mouth: )
  • As intolerant as I am of the creeps we refer to in this thread... I always pause when discussing Polanski.

His ordeal before his discretion was out of this world and not that it is an excuse, but his 'victim' doesn't claim to be a victim.

Led Zeppelin dominates the Lounge thread. Do people know Page and Plant's history?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Jason P said:

Woody Allen is to movies what Bob Dylan is to music. I just don't understand the genius people claim to see.

Agree in full.
    Thirty, I think she was 13 at the time? Most kids around that age who've been molested or worse won't see themselves as a victim, more as the perpetrator or somehow responsible.

As to Page...another suspension of disbelief thing, dammit. I don't know but have read some things of him that don't sit well with me. Beyond sitting.

And yet, I'm a sucker for his music and talent.

I can't really rationalize or reconcile it.
  • hedonist said:

Thirty, I think she was 13 at the time? Most kids around that age who've been molested or worse won't see themselves as a victim, more as the perpetrator or somehow responsible.

As to Page...another suspension of disbelief thing, dammit. I don't know but have read some things of him that don't sit well with me. Beyond sitting.

I know.

I'm not defending him although it appears as I am. I've seen her in an interview recently and she spoke to her willingness, eagerness, and complicity. She wanted people to forgive Polanski.

Jagger liked the young girls too.

Zeppelin and the Stones are two of my all time favourites.

I guess I'm compromised?

hedonist said:

I know.

I'm not defending him although it appears as I am. I've seen her in an interview recently and she spoke to her willingness, eagerness, and complicity. She wanted people to forgive Polanski.

I guess I'm compromised?
    No, I know you better than that, no defense on your part.

And aw hell, the Stones' Stray Cat Blues (another favorite song AND band) speak to that predilection.

We're all compromised in some way - simply who we are and how we live :) I think just some in ways heavier than others, depending on the road(s) walked.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

hedonist said:

I know.

I guess I'm compromised?
    It's a tough one. I absolutely love the music of these bands, as well as Michael Jackson. People who allegedly did awful things, yet created beautiful things apart from them.

I don't think it makes us compromised. I imagine there are some really important things we use in our everyday lives that were maybe created by people who did awful things. I certainly wouldn't stop using my phone or watching tv if I found out the creators of them were pedophiles.

Maybe it's not the same, but I am just trying to draw some kind of parallel. I guess it boils down to a personal preference and if you can separate the art from the person. I can.
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Bob Dylan a "genius"? That is up for debate. I guess I will just enjoy his music and take solice in the fact that at least he isn't a child molester. Woody Allen I have no idea if I've seen his films or not but would feel gross if I did. Dylan albums I am enjoying most right now are Saved, and Slow Train Coming.