The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    that would look great next to my TX 2000 poster.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • I think all of the posters I have list the year. No year on this one. Fake?
    edited April 2016
    i have a PJ Ames with no year.
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    If it is legit...sweet.

Jazz one is a big no... The bat and the ape are the winners so far.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited April 2016

This was floating around fakebook - is this the one?

I kinda like that one. Would prolly pick that one up when 10C sells them.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    its awesome.
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    I had the Pendleton in my cart but it was gone by the time I checked out :bawling:
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

I had the Pendleton in my cart but it was gone by the time I checked out :bawling:

By it on Ebay for $50 in a few weeks/months. Just be patient.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427

This was floating around fakebook - is this the one?

Yeah that's the one I saw. I dig it.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    ComeToTX said:

ha...

i never noticed there was no year on that one... and it has been framed in my house for like 6 years... funny...

that being said... i do love the limited-ness of that print... only 200 of them in existence.... versus the like 1 million they printed of the camper for the same festival... between the camper, this print, and the ACL fest poster Ames did, they must have walked away from ACL with a pretty penny that year....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    That was the year of the pre-order and I remember asking whoever was at the Ames booth if the preorder was for the camper or that one and they had no idea. Went ahead and bought it and it worked out.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    ^ Ah yes, 2009. No need to worry about picking up a poster to the show you were attending. Place the pre order online and wait till the poster arrives to you. Good times! Wish they brought that back. Did anyone complain with 10club or had a problem with this type of sweet service for them to stop this?
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    shep said:

ComeToTX said:

ha...

i never noticed there was no year on that one... and it has been framed in my house for like 6 years... funny...

that being said... i do love the limited-ness of that print... only 200 of them in existence.... versus the like 1 million they printed of the camper for the same festival... between the camper, this print, and the ACL fest poster Ames did, they must have walked away from ACL with a pretty penny that year....
    There was only 200 of those? I remember getting one from their table at the show and how unpleasant the dudes were at the booth. I have it framed in my attic somewhere.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • demetrios said:

^ Ah yes, 2009. No need to worry about picking up a poster to the show you were attending. Place the pre order online and wait till the poster arrives to you. Good times! Wish they brought that back. Did anyone complain with 10club or had a problem with this type of sweet service for them to stop this?

I completely agree with you! I'd be surprised if there were a lot of complaints. If you recall though, a lot of these sat in the shop for quite a long time and were part of the 2013 Black Friday sale. Even the Salt Lake City "Red Mosquito" was readily available for months. They probably over-estimated demand, printed too-many and got stuck with holding too much inventory, which is never good for business.

Don't you think demand has grown significantly since then? I too wish the pre-order option was an option for us. Maybe next tour?
    ...just got a fresh bottle.

shep said:

ComeToTX said:

ha...

There was only 200 of those? I remember getting one from their table at the show and how unpleasant the dudes were at the booth. I have it framed in my attic somewhere.
    They were not nice. I remember that 6+ years later.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i hope todays print is a dud so it increases the chances of a classic Philly poster
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Arrived damaged. Shipping in tubes only 2" wider than the print is not a good idea grasshopper. Waiting for a response from the artist.
    demetrios said:

http://www.pjackson.bigcartel.com/product/official-pearl-jam-screenprint

Official PEARL JAM Screenprint
    £40.00

I made this print a for Pearl Jam a few weeks back. Its always a pleasure to be asked to do anything for a band that you respect so much.

The print is supposed to be a kitsch 1950s Sci-Fi comic book cover imitation. Its Darwin inside a giant robot ape which seems to have had its head ripped off...

It also has a back print of a drawing I did a while back of Darwin - plus an official PJ hologram to prove the prints authenticity.

I have 100 of these - once they are gone they are gone.

I will sign and emboss the ones I have.

Each print is 18" x 24" and is probably the best quality screen print I've seen.

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Got my Greenville AP yesterday, well packed from Ames.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    edited April 2016
    ComeToTX said:

shep said:

ComeToTX said:

ha...

They were not nice. I remember that 6+ years later.
    I never hung around long enough to interact with anyone at the booth.... got the print and got out of there.... remember there being a lot of people crowding the place tho... and I was there early Friday afternoon as myself and a buddy wanted to see Phoenix and they were on at like 4 pm (or maybe even earlier)....

yea, there is not many of those at all.... ebeans says it was 500 copies, I swear to go I remember it being numbered out of 200.... I'm not 100% sure though as the signature and numbering on mine was right at the edge and as a result is under the matting in the frame...

great line-up on the mainstage on sunday that year with arctic monkeys, dead weather, and PJ.... ah... those were the days.... before EDM took over every festival....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • jweyersjweyers Lincoln,NE Posts: 364
    Built in 6 variants
  • JW44563JW44563 Cincinnati Posts: 39
    edited April 2016
    Its not bad, but I feel like they missed an opportunity to hit on the burgeoning bourbon market. Some kind of bourbon bottle would have been cool. Just my opinion tho.
    Post edited by JW44563 on
    '96 Toledo
    '00 Cincinnati, Columbus
    '03 Lexington, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Columbus
    '06 Cincinnati
    '10 Columbus, Cleveland
    '13 Chicago
    '14 Cincinnati
    '16 Lexington
    '22 Nashville
    \m/
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    jweyers said:

Built in 6 variants

Yep. Like the Mexico print.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    Not sure the correlation between the wild west & Kentucky but it's definitely better than the jax, Hampton & columbia posters.
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
  • TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    Pearl Jam 2016 Lexington Poster available 4/27 @ 10 a.m. PST
    Ames Bros site
    I miss you hippiemom.

Ames Bros site

Yep & a direct link to where the poster(s) will be sold at tomorrow.

http://amesbrosshop.com/collections/pearl-jam-2016-lexington-posters
  • TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    demetrios said:

Ames Bros site

Why does it say "Posters". Variants or something?
    I miss you hippiemom.

demetrios said:

Ames Bros site

Why does it say "Posters". Variants or something?
    Pretty much. Show edition. "Variant" edition. "Super variant" edition. "Variant of all variants" edition. "Variant that ends all variants" edition etc ..
    As long as I get one.