One Guns n' Roses ticket cost me almost the same amt as all four PJ Fenway and Wrigley Shows

167891012»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited April 2016
    derbydave said:

Yikes, lol.
    I don't understand how he or anyone could sing too well sitting like that, with no room for the diaphram to expand and what not. He should get one of those gadgets where you kneel the leg that's injured on it and it has wheels, so you can move around easily just by pushing with the healthy leg. That throne is ridiculous, and GnR with the singer sitting the whole time is just kind of silly.
    One of these things built to look cooler, obviously, no handlebar, and a less obvious frame would work IMO, as long as they could keep some path on the stage clear of wires or make the wheels so they could roll over them okay. He could then stand and use his diaphragm properly and move around at least a little bit. Still awkward, but so much better than just sitting there. I understand why Grohl maybe couldn't havendone this, since kneeling like that might have damaged his broken leg, but Axl totally could.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Meatloaf was my first favorite band, I had a tape of Back Into Hell and a little tape deck strapped to my bike...man, I was rocking out allllll through the 3rd and 4th grade!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    Damn.
    If they're gonna play Coma, I may have to pony up for a ticket.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    Who else is really excited for this? Vegas last night seemed pretty killer... 20+ songs, 2+ hours.
  • docblazedocblaze Posts: 24
    got three pit tickets for pittsburgh, should be awesome
  • aw435aw435 Posts: 73
    edited April 2016
    I was at the second vegas show and they were amazing. The whole crowd, all the way to the back row, was on their feet for the entire 2 1/2 hours. It was full of fans waiting 20+ years to see them live. It was worth every penny. Axl sounded great, even though he was sitting most of the time.
    Post edited by aw435 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Hey now, I see everyones point about not liking MLB if it weren't for PJ, however, I would never say I like something just because it has to do with PJ. I f@#king love MLB. I might not have discovered them without PJ, but that's it. I love the music I love because it's subjective... I discovered it on my own. Not because my parent or boyfriend got me into them. I don't pretend to like anything for anyone elses benefit. I got myself into them. And I don't give a f@ck what anyone else says about what I love! Now back to GnR...

of course my statement wasn't meant to assume that 100% of people who like PJ and MLB like the latter only because of the former. I said a lot, not all.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

I think a lot of people on here would have nothing to do with Mother Love Bone if they didn't have the PJ connection. Just sayin'. I know I don't like MLB.

I think that's truth. I dug in after falling in love with PJ and love them. The only related project I don't like is Green River. Ugh. Not that great.
    I actually like Green River. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653

Hey now, I see everyones point about not liking MLB if it weren't for PJ, however, I would never say I like something just because it has to do with PJ. I f@#king love MLB. I might not have discovered them without PJ, but that's it. I love the music I love because it's subjective... I discovered it on my own. Not because my parent or boyfriend got me into them. I don't pretend to like anything for anyone elses benefit. I got myself into them. And I don't give a f@ck what anyone else says about what I love! Now back to GnR...

of course my statement wasn't meant to assume that 100% of people who like PJ and MLB like the latter only because of the former. I said a lot, not all.
    I think I skipped over the 'a lot' part so I could make a speech :wink:
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    Kind of shocked at how good they sound. Especially Axl. Maybe because he's not running around at 80mph
  • Like many others have said... It's paying for an experience that most people never thought would happen. I was able to snag a decent floor ticket for the sold out Toronto show for $280CDN and have no problem with this.

In fact it's not much of a stretch for an "experience". In 2013, I saw the revamped line up in a 3000-club in Toronto and had no problem paying the $150+ face value price just to see one of my favourite bands in a Toronto club versus an arena or festival.
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Looks like it sold well. Think shows will be added? Gaps in that schedule.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vm6HiF39Ec

Unbelievable performance. Floored me.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited April 2016
    Coma is a badass song.
    Kay, that video made me actually want to see them (even though the throne is still absolutely ridiculous, and I think Axl just sitting there like that is a real detriment to the performance. Such a shame. Plus, he's probably going to gain 20 lbs this tour, lol). I don't think the vocals make that song sound good (they are only okay at best). It's everyone else. They are all playing great, and hearing THAT makes me more interested for sure. Anyway, pretty sure they will never come back to Vancouver, lol. Not sure they'd even be allowed to if they asked, hahaha.
    I wonder how Axl and Slash are getting along so far?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :rofl: I certainly hope he's outta the "throne" by time they hit Det. It's hard to look at. :lol: and ok I get it but I hate the glasses.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    I dont know i think Axl sounds extremely good. Ive been watching YouTube videos and several people are wondering if he's pulling a Milli Vanilli :lol:
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago