Meanwhile back in Israel

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    this is so fucked up.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • this is so fucked up.

Don't intervene though. It's not your problem.
    Let them deal with it.

this is so fucked up.

Let them deal with it.
    exactly.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• this is so fucked up.

Let them deal with it.
    exactly.
    This is what I mean. Shit like this makes headlines because it is a fucked up situation that this "society" is living in. So we can comment about stuff but not get involved?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    The action I would take is to cut off funding, and treat them as an apartheid state.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    mickeyrat said:

The action I would take is to cut off funding, and treat them as an apartheid state.

things keep heading the way they are, that will be illegal in most of the west.

mickeyrat said:

yes in many places it is illegal to engage in BDS.

israel has a lot of power even thought the vast majority of countries have gone on record to condemn their actions.

i don't know what the international community can do with the us propping them up.

• mickeyrat said:

israel has a lot of power even thought the vast majority of countries have gone on record to condemn their actions.

i don't know what the international community can do with the us propping them up.
    Trump will help http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/trump-vows-to-move-us-embassy-to-jerusalem-if-elected/article29322626/

“When I become President, the days of treating Israel like a second-class citizen will end on Day One,” Mr. Trump said. “I will meet with Prime Minister Netanyahu immediately. I have known him for many years.”

mickeyrat said:

Trump will help http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/trump-vows-to-move-us-embassy-to-jerusalem-if-elected/article29322626/

“When I become President, the days of treating Israel like a second-class citizen will end on Day One,” Mr. Trump said. “I will meet with Prime Minister Netanyahu immediately. I have known him for many years.”
    except that fucking moron trump does not understand that israel is not being treated like a second class citizen. we give them billions in military aid every year. they maintain their standing in the world because of US vetoing any resolutions that are even slightly considered bad for israel at the UN.

if you think trump will make the middle east and the israel palestine conflict any better i have a bridge to sell you.

• mickeyrat said:

except that fucking moron trump does not understand that israel is not being treated like a second class citizen. we give them billions in military aid every year. they maintain their standing in the world because of US vetoing any resolutions that are even slightly considered bad for israel at the UN.

if you think trump will make the middle east and the israel palestine conflict any better i have a bridge to sell you.
    And Trump knows a guy who he can talk to behind closed doors.
    Business.

mickeyrat said:

Business.
    right.

it is absolutely pointless trying to have an actual discussion.

• mickeyrat said:

Business.
    right.

I was just comparing it to the bridge comment.
    Here is a guy that has massive headline coverage that speaks about the middle east/Israel.
    He is not saying he will absolutely change the other "political" minds but he has a far bigger voice than you or I to have a presence in the affairs of Israel.
    edited March 2016

mickeyrat said:

Business.
    right.

I was just comparing it to the bridge comment.
    Here is a guy that has massive headline coverage that speaks about the middle east/Israel.
    He is not saying he will absolutely change the other "political" minds but he has a far bigger voice than you or I to have a presence in the affairs of Israel.
    When AIPAC issues an apology for your speech from the day before, you have no influence. Pre-empting the PM of Israel to make that apology.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Does this article mean anything?https://newrepublic.com/article/131994/donald-trump-exposed-aipac
    Or is it just jibberish?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

Hillary just went all-in for Israel at AIPAC

https://youtu.be/n3CPsFpHGqk

Just??? Just like as in 20 years ago or just as in just recently?
    JC29856 said:

That's not a bleed-out, that's straight up execution....IDF apparently got tired of waiting for him to bleed out, so he shot him in the head point blank. Note how shocked everyone appears after he does it....

I missed that...around the 2min mark as the vehicle drives in view? Nice!

That goes along way towards the peace process. Occupy harass and when someone resists shoot him have him lay there dying for 5 minutes then blow his brains out because he won't die fast enough.
    I think you need to examine the root causes of that shooting.
    edited March 2016
    BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

That's not a bleed-out, that's straight up execution....IDF apparently got tired of waiting for him to bleed out, so he shot him in the head point blank. Note how shocked everyone appears after he does it....

That goes along way towards the peace process. Occupy harass and when someone resists shoot him have him lay there dying for 5 minutes then blow his brains out because he won't die fast enough.
    Occupying forces with full backing of the state.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

That would require unbiased opinions.You won't get that on this Israel hate thread.Facts get twisted here.
    rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

That would require unbiased opinions.You won't get that on this Israel hate thread.Facts get twisted here.
    I wonder if any of the posters on this thread were one of the people who tore or stomped on the Israeli flag placed at the Brussels memorial

http://nypost.com/2016/03/24/woman-in-hijab-rips-up-israeli-flag-at-brussels-memorial/
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Lackey? I call them cell block bitch boys.

United States president and every member of Congress worthy to be called a lackey for Israel, and their name is legion.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/03/25/aipac-israel-and-the-u-s-an-unholy-alliance/
    BS44325 said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

I wonder if any of the posters on this thread were one of the people who tore or stomped on the Israeli flag placed at the Brussels memorial

http://nypost.com/2016/03/24/woman-in-hijab-rips-up-israeli-flag-at-brussels-memorial/
    I'm sure they cheered inside.Classy huh.
    Islamics do the killing and their true colors come out.
    Thats what happens when you teach them in school to hate Jews from such an early age.But it's all Israels fault.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Did a quick search on the Post...couldn't find any articles on the execution in Hebron...Thank god they informed us of that poor defenceless Israeli flag, ripped to shreds and left to die in the streets...no doubt a victim of anti-semetism and radical Islam. Classy.

Did a quick search on the Post...couldn't find any articles on the execution in Hebron...Thank god they informed us of that poor defenceless Israeli flag, ripped to shreds and left to die in the streets...no doubt a victim of anti-semetism and radical Islam. Classy.

This guy got pretty classy at the memorial as well...

http://youtu.be/obSBOO7aJNM

I am not sure what point he is trying to make...Does the current status quo in "Palestine" justify the attacks? Do people in Brussels not have the right to mourn because of the plight of the Palestinian people?
    rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

how is being critical of israeli government policies and outing their injustices equating to an "israeli hate thread"?

calling something a hate thread is what happens when they can no longer defend the indefensible.

BS44325 said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

considering it is in brussels, i highly doubt it.

stop being a fool.

Jewish settlers threaten life of Palestinian who shot video of execution - See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2016/03/jewish-settlers-threaten-life-of-palestinian-who-shot-video-of-execution/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_content=56f6f9ba04d301078da2e99f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter#sthash.cPxoC4k4.dpuf

Ma’an reports that the man who shot the video documenting the execution of an incapacitated Palestinian suspect two days ago in Hebron has received death threats from Jewish settlers who occupy the city.

Israeli settlers on Friday gathered outside the home of a human rights worker in Hebron to hurl abuse at him, a day after he captured on camera an Israeli soldier’s killing of a wounded Palestinian that has sparked international outcry.

Ma’an states that the videographer, Imad Abu Shamsiya, said, “I now fear for my life and the life of my family. I’m afraid they might attack my house and do me harm.”

Human Rights Watch confirms the threats on Shamsiya, conveyed from settlers by soldiers to the photographer:

Imad Abu Shamsiyyeh.. told Human Rights Watch in a phone interview that Israeli forces had threatened him both at the scene and later, when he went to give a statement to the military. A few minutes after he filmed the shooting from the roof of a nearby building, he said, “more journalists gathered on the roof, and the Israeli soldiers noticed us. They pointed their guns at us and screamed at us to get down. Soldiers came into the building and told the [owner] not to allow people there or the family would pay the price.”

Abu Shamsiyyeh said that after B’Tselem shared the video with military investigators, the military asked him to give a statement. During questioning at a military office in Hebron, Abu Shamsiyyeh said he felt the interrogator was trying to intimidate him to make him say that he had not filmed the video:

“He told me, ‘How will you benefit from this video? It got a lot of publicity. Your name is known to everyone. Who is going to protect you and your family from right-wing Israelis? Remember you live in [Tel Rumeida], surrounded by Israeli settlers, who will be able to protect you there?’ I felt that I was being threatened. They took the original footage from me.”

Abu Shamsiyyeh said he had received two phone calls on March 24 from a Hebrew-speaker, calling from a private number, but did not understand what was said. “I feel in danger and my children are afraid,” Abu Shamsiyyeh told Human Rights Watch. “I’m not letting them out of the house. I’m afraid of walking in the street.”

Badia Dwaik of Human Rights Defenders in Hebron also confirms the report of threats to Shamsiya since the video was posted. He writes that Shamsiya is a volunteer with his organization. Dwaik relates his conversation with Shamsiya after the video was published.

Imad recounts the execution incident:
    “On Thursday morning at 8:30, I was having coffee with my wife Faiza as usual when I heard several bullet shots near my house in Tel-Rumeida. I left the house quickly with my video camera towards the location of shooting.The first thing I saw was an Israeli soldier on the side of the street pointing his rifle at a young man on the ground who was wearing a black jacket and black trousers. While filming I heard noises from other soldiers so I pointed the camera towards the noise where I saw another young man covered in his blood, with blood coming out of his face. This man was wearing a grey jacket, while the first guy in black seemed to be still alive as I was filming. In less than a minute, a large group of soldiers and settlers gathered in the location and an Israeli ambulance arrived and gave aid to an Israeli soldier without attending to either Palestinian men. The man in the grey jacket didn’t move while the man in black was moving his arms and legs while on the ground. After the solider was put in the ambulance, I heard the soldiers getting ready to shoot while I was still filming, and a soldier stepped towards the man wearing a black jacket, shooting him in the head directly from a very close distance even though he didn’t form any threat to the soldiers or settlers as he was on the ground. The man immediately died and his head was blown up to pieces visible on the ground. This is what I documented with my camera from the Human Rights Defenders Group and what I saw with my eye, and my wife Faiza was with me all the time helping me record.”
    Dwaik says the execution is part of a pattern of control of the Palestinian population near the Hebron settlements.
    Since the start of Intifada in October, occupation forces have carried out several tactics to make life even harder for Palestinians by rebuilding and expanding the military checkpoint on Al-Shuhada street [in Hebron]; the checkpoint consists of two lanes now for entry and exit, where a thorough inspection inside the ‘container ‘is carried out through a glass barrier with CCTV and recording devices, and the residents are required to show their ID and a number that identifies the place of their residence. Each person is required to carry such a number, in what is a new strategy to displace the residents by making life impossible.

Hadeel Hashlamon: a beginning for the executions

The series of executions started with the murder of martyr Hadeel Hashlamon, which was documented by a volunteer from Brazil working with Eappi program. The photos were distributed to international media agencies, and the volunteer recounted the story on his own blog. Since then,the area witnessed more execution-style murders from Tel-Rumeida through Al-Salemeh neighbourhood, to the illegal settlement of Kiryat Arba, forming an Israeli settlement belt known as the Jewish neighbourhood that came to exist after expelling Palestinians through a number of policies.

The map of executions is not random
    The locations of these execution-style murders is seen to be in areas around settlers, especially in Hebron; Imad says that 13 murders in cold blood were carried out in Tel-Rumeida and Al-Shuhada street, as well as executions near Al-Ibrahimi mosque and Kiryat Arba.This is in addition to Palestinians murdered in what is known as Gush Etzion north of Hebron, and Beit Enon [east of Hebron]. This makes it clear that there is a plan to cement the settler reality and escalate strategies against the residents of the land, particularly in the heart of Hebron to link all settlements through the Jewish neighbourhood, using all policies possible of ethnic cleansing and silent displacement, making Hebron a living example of apartheid in the world today.

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

how is being critical of israeli government policies and outing their injustices equating to an "israeli hate thread"?

calling something a hate thread is what happens when they can no longer defend the indefensible.
    Really Dude.
    Make this thread about any other middle eastern country/govt or people and it woulda been shut down ages ago.There has been more over hyped one sided biased hate on this thread than maybe any other.Thats why only the same few(all pro Palestinian Israel haters)posters are the only ones posting here.Its like a I hate Israel circle jerk.
    I don't agree with all the actions of the Israeli govt but I sure as hell don't think the acts of the Palestinians over the years are above reproach either.
    Its 98% one sided here.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

Really Dude.
    Make this thread about any other middle eastern country/govt or people and it woulda been shut down ages ago.There has been more over hyped one sided biased hate on this thread than maybe any other.Thats why only the same few(all pro Palestinian Israel haters)posters are the only ones posting here.Its like a I hate Israel circle jerk.
    I don't agree with all the actions of the Israeli govt but I sure as hell don't think the acts of the Palestinians over the years are above reproach either.
    Its 98% one sided here.

Which makes it a discussion that is proportional to the death toll in the conflict.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

Really Dude.
    Its 98% one sided here.

so start a i love isreal circle jerk thread then.

you are irritated because there are people posting in this thread from countries all over the world that recognize what is going on and they call out the israeli government for their actions.

you should be very mindful of how flippantly you are throwing around the term "hate". none of us hate jewish people. none of us are antisemitic, none of us are advocating any sort of violence. none of us are advocating war against israel. we oppose the actions of the israeli government and its frequent violations of international law. BIG DIFFERENCE.

all we want is for the settlements to stop, the land theft to stop, the human rights abuses to stop, and that the israeli government to adhere to the un resolutions and to capitulate to the pressure of the international community to stop doing what israel is doing.

what acts of the palestinians do you disagree with?

it has been said a thousand times on here, but the actions of the palestinians are in direct response to the illegal israeli occupation.

how about israel come to your state, build walls around it, claim that the land of your state is theirs by divine right, choke off your water supply, choke off your building supplies, prevent trade and items coming into your state, start building jewish only roads, jewish only parts of the state, bulldozing homes owned by people of your state, and expanding ultra right wing settlements with ultra right wing settlers.

let all of this happen and after a few years of that, come back here and tell us how you feel about it and how you would oppose it.

deal?

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

Really Dude.
    Its 98% one sided here.

First I am part of the 1% and now I'm part of the 2%!