Options

Quebec city roll call

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    Is it going to be extremely hard to get around and park downtown after the concert for someone that has not been there before so my friends can have a couple of beers? I was thinking of staying in Levis to save a couple of bucks and just drive around a bit after the show since I will not be drinking or does it make sense to fork over the dough for the convenience of being downtown?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2016
    PJNB said:

Is it going to be extremely hard to get around and park downtown after the concert for someone that has not been there before so my friends can have a couple of beers? I was thinking of staying in Levis to save a couple of bucks and just drive around a bit after the show since I will not be drinking or does it make sense to fork over the dough for the convenience of being downtown?

Depends where you are staying - Old Quebec is not meant for cars. It is the main attraction and traffic is always congested.
    Levis is a good choice if you are travelling and want to pull into a hotel at the end of a long day of travelling instead of dealing with a city. I stay in this Levis hotel often http://levis.oiseliere.com/eng It is literally beside the highway. Quick easy in and out.
    You just have to think of how you will get back to Levis. Late at night you may not feel like making the commute.
    Quebec is a fantastic city and after walking around old quebec you just might wish you had a hotel downtown instead of levis.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346
    Maybe those of us that are staying in Old Quebec can organize transport together..share a cab, go to bus, whatever...etc...I"m traveling alone and I know it would be nice to share.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    The poutine when I was in Quebec a couple of years back.....the glorious poutine.......
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options

PJNB said:

Depends where you are staying - Old Quebec is not meant for cars. It is the main attraction and traffic is always congested.
    Levis is a good choice if you are travelling and want to pull into a hotel at the end of a long day of travelling instead of dealing with a city. I stay in this Levis hotel often http://levis.oiseliere.com/eng It is literally beside the highway. Quick easy in and out.
    You just have to think of how you will get back to Levis. Late at night you may not feel like making the commute.
    Quebec is a fantastic city and after walking around old quebec you just might wish you had a hotel downtown instead of levis.

Ya thanks for the info. I figured old Quebec was going to be like that. I decided to go with the the Hotel Clarion in Sainte Foy. Close to the Highway in and out and not too far of a drive from the concert. We may go downtown after the show to chill for a bit or if there is anything near our hotel we may go there or we may just hang out at the bar in the hotel. We got a great deal through hotwire. $71 bucks a night though I am sure the hotel isn't too much to write home about. Any other fans going to this hotel?
  • Options
    hoversmithhoversmith Québec Posts: 30
    edited February 2016
    Did not occur to me of a may 4th pre show pub crawl, i will gladly entertain the idea, i might even stay out in my own city, the Citadelle sounds nice;)

I beg caution as to not over hype this event. PJ will feel the vibe..., it all comes down to presenting our "A" game to the Vid. Center giving our 110% will ensure we have no regrets.

All-the-way, all-the-way, ...

Cheers

P.S. The key resides in pre game hydration, an pacing ourselves!! - A wink to Mansfield 2003'
    Post edited by hoversmith on
    1993 - Toronto, CNE (Soundgarden and PJ opened for Uncle Neil Y.)
    1998 - Montréal, Molson Center
    2000 - Montréal, Molson Center
    2005 - Halifax, NS. Metro Centre. (Missed but the Wife got to go while I was at New Orleans Hurricane Katrina relief work)
    2008 - NYC, NY. MSG 1&2 (revenge for missing Halifax in 05 !!)
    2011 - Montréal, QC. Bell Center
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB MTS Center
    2016 - Tampa, FL. Amalie
    2016 - Québec, QC. Centre Vidéotron
    2016 - Ottawa, ON.
  • Options
    Chez Boulez Bistro for "Blood" boudin for pre show meal.
  • Options
    Man, this show can't come soon enough!

Hey all. I noticed a few folks earlier in the thread looking for tix...not sure if everyone scored yet?
    I have an extra pair of reserved seats. PM me if interested!
    "Like a cloud dropping rain...I'm discarding all thought"
  • Options
    I found this interesting,if you don't like the use of the word "show" we can change it to "performance". Pearl Jam's 1000th Performance will be Quebec City.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746

I found this interesting,if you don't like the use of the word "show" we can change it to "performance". Pearl Jam's 1000th Performance will be Quebec City.

YES!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    demetrios said:

YES!!!!!!!!!

Is that a fact? What an auspicious occasion it will be. Great little tidbit. Maybe the band will mark the occasion with a great bit of merch.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    Depends who you talk to. Some think it already happened, some think it won't happen this tour, some think its Wrigley 2, and yes some think its Quebec. Eddie mentioned in the last Europe tour that they were on show 999 or something along those lines so I wouldn't put any weight into thinking that they will make it an announcement/special show for Quebec. That said its going to be an epic show on its own and doesn't need that hoopla. We are going to bring the roof down!
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

The math is correct...and I will be in the building.
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Man I can't wait! The GRAND performance. Vive le Pearl Jam.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    Hotel is secured! Sweet! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Chez Boulez Bistro for "Blood" boudin for pre show meal.

I've had it, and Boulay "Cuisine Boréal" is an easy top tier restaurant.
    Post edited by hoversmith on
    2005 - Halifax, NS. Metro Centre. (Missed but the Wife got to go while I was at New Orleans Hurricane Katrina relief work)
    2016 - Tampa, FL. Amalie
    2016 - Ottawa, ON.
  • Options
    Really happy to have y'all visit, should make for a great evening.
    2016 - Tampa, FL. Amalie
    2016 - Ottawa, ON.
  • Options
    cwjacwja Posts: 132
    Have an extra 10C reserved for sale if anyone is still looking.
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,525
    edited February 2016
    Hey friends!!

I am looking to organize the QC Wishlist Preparty. I've been looking at pubs/restaurants and am taking any suggestions. It seems like all the great places are about an hour walk (10-15 minute cab/Uber) from the venue.

Some early notables:
    -Taverne Grande Allee
    -Bar Sacrilege
    -Pub Edward

Please PM me with any suggestions if you're a local, or if you somehow know the city REALLY well :)
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited February 2016
    I booked at the Hotel Marie-Rollet on rue Sainte-Anne in Old Quebec. I'm really excited to make my first trip to Quebec City. I'll be in town from May 4 until May 6.
    Post edited by Yefa on
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    edited February 2016
    Booked the Auberge St Antoine...Stayed there many times now, i guarantee you will not be disappointed....
    Post edited by kg162716 on
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346
    Hotel Champlain...was such a bargain for the highly rated hotel!
  • Options
    Gibson said:

Hey friends!!

I am looking to organize the QC Wishlist Preparty. I've been looking at pubs/restaurants and am taking any suggestions. It seems like all the great places are about an hour walk (10-15 minute cab/Uber) from the venue.

Some early notables:
    -Taverne Grande Allee
    -Bar Sacrilege
    -Pub Edward

Please PM me with any suggestions if you're a local, or if you somehow know the city REALLY well :)

Where was the Wishlist Foundation preparty held back in 2005? Colisée Pepsi is pretty much next door to the Centre Vidéotron.
  • Options
    No one has given me any word on the '05 preparty. I'm looking into a few places, but Old Quebec is a strong possibility for venues... and I do know about the distance :(
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Hi,
    I am looking for an extra 10C GA ticket for a buddy of mine if anyone has one?
    Please inbox message me.
    Thanks so much!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,507
    FYI for those driving up from the States to this show (being the 1st Canadian show) and/or subsequent shows in Canada, keep in mind that if you have a criminal conviction you can be denied entry unless you've received a pardon. People have posted in the past about driving up to see the band up here and being turned away at the border having never been made aware of the situation. Traffic violations and parking tickets don't count and won't cause you to be denied.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    100 Pacer said:

FYI for those driving up from the States to this show (being the 1st Canadian show) and/or subsequent shows in Canada, keep in mind that if you have a criminal conviction you can be denied entry unless you've received a pardon. People have posted in the past about driving up to see the band up here and being turned away at the border having never been made aware of the situation. Traffic violations and parking tickets don't count and won't cause you to be denied.

If that happens then you're going to have to sneak onto the Swayze Express
  • Options
    Hey all!!! Shameless plug for the QC Wishlist party! If anyone has goods or services they wish to donate, please PM me. I can provide the address and details needed.

We're really close to locking down a venue, as well!

More from me soon!!

Mike

• Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options
    chain said:
    Not bad but you can save an added 6 bucks if you go with Priceline right now. It's at $93 for a PUR King Room.