Options

Quebec city roll call

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,825

Gibson said:

Are there any good bars within walking distance of the arena?

The bud club is attached to the arena. We wanted the preparty there, but they open too late. Otherwise, Pub Galway is your best bet.
    Sweet so we can go drink while the stampede tries to evecuate the arena before heading back to old town and the castle.
    Except those places are not usually open after show is over, anyone know if this is?
    I hope so haha. I would imagine that place will be very packed before and after a show though. Probably hard to get a drink
    Not if you have boobs. :wink:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 895

Gibson said:

The bud club is attached to the arena. We wanted the preparty there, but they open too late. Otherwise, Pub Galway is your best bet.
    Sweet so we can go drink while the stampede tries to evecuate the arena before heading back to old town and the castle.
    Except those places are not usually open after show is over, anyone know if this is?
    I hope so haha. I would imagine that place will be very packed before and after a show though. Probably hard to get a drink
    Haha! I guess im shit outta luck there
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    Bogey ManBogey Man Newfoundland Posts: 118
    Gibson said:

I am all over any bar/pub post concert.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016
  • Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 270

Gibson said:

You can make it happen!
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    jtr101 said:

Gibson said:

You can make it happen!
    If i eat enough poutine in quebec before the show i might grow a pair!
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,467

Throwing this out there.....Anyone staying on Rue Sainte-Anne, Rue Saint-Jean, or Rue Dauphine area who would like to return from the show in a cab or Uber together?
    I am fairly sure it will be a wait to get cabs/etc back from arena and the bus, who knows?
    Looking for anyone who wants to rideshare with me.
    Thanks.PM if interested

Bumping...or anyone at Chateau Frontenac? Very close to where I'm staying...ride share leaving show???
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,825
    My friend and I are at the Chateau, would have to check with her but it sounds like a good idea.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

My friend and I are at the Chateau, would have to check with her but it sounds like a good idea.

Cool, let me know via PM, can swap info...
  • Options
    Bogey ManBogey Man Newfoundland Posts: 118

My wife and I are there too.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016
  • Options
    Worth a try, anyone with a a pair of GA be willing to trade for 10c reserved?
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    Bogey Man said:

My wife and I are there too.
    I'm solo female and just don't wanna have to come back late at night alone, if y'all are headed in same direction I am....so if we can arrange it let me know!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,951
    edited April 2016
    Sorry if this has already been discussed but is there a get together happening after the show?
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Play Severed Hand in Quebec! :rock_on:
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835

Play Severed Hand in Quebec! :rock_on:

Ah yeah!
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    The countdown is on to une belle grande performance avec les Quebecois.
  • Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 270
    Will be show number 9 for me, 2 weeks until I head out!
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    PJNB said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed but is there a get together happening after the show?

Anything open late on a weeknight? Hotel bar at Chateau?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,123
    PJNB said:

Not that I know of at the moment. Would be great to plan something for us here @ the 10club board. Maybe 10club could give us all who've posted in this thread VIP backstage pass to hang out with Pearl Jam after the show. :p
  • Options
    demetrios said:

PJNB said:

Not that I know of at the moment. Would be great to plan something for us here @ the 10club board. Maybe 10club could give us all who've posted in this thread VIP backstage pass to hang out with Pearl Jam after the show. :p
    I like how you think!!
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Pub St-Alexandre...says open till 3am....looks great. On Rue Saint-Jean...any thoughts?
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g155033-d686553-Reviews-Pub_Saint_Alexandre-Quebec_City_Quebec.html
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,123
    2 weeks till Quebec City! :)
  • Options
    From what i have read by the time on get into quebec city at 2-3 on the day of the show all the posters will be already gone?? Sounds like its not even worth it to try
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,562

From what i have read by the time on get into quebec city at 2-3 on the day of the show all the posters will be already gone?? Sounds like its not even worth it to try

People have been saying that plenty of posters are still available inside.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    yes a pass would be fun
  • Options
    Hi Gibson
    you seem like a man that has the inside track on things. I would like to ask you something. I really want a poster from each show of the Canadian Hat trick portion of the tour. This event will mark the greatest rock adventure of my lifetime. Must get the set of posters. Any advices towards this goal.
  • Options
    TalonTedd said:

Hi Gibson
    you seem like a man that has the inside track on things. I would like to ask you something. I really want a poster from each show of the Canadian Hat trick portion of the tour. This event will mark the greatest rock adventure of my lifetime. Must get the set of posters. Any advices towards this goal.

Hey Ted!

Thanks for the kind words!! Don't treat my word as gospel, but here is my advice:
    -if you have time during the day, line up EARLY. It may seem like a waste of time, but the assurance of having a poster in your hand is priceless.
    -I've heard that the venue has lots of posters when doors open. If you don't want to be outside in line from noon-3pm, enter the arenas as soon as they open. You may be a bit bored between 6:30 and 8:30, but they have beer and you're likely to get your goods

Hope this helps! Other people may have better tips. Ill be that idiot in the line as early as I can.. And I know it's insane to do..

1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Thanks for the response Gibby...by the way you are the best skipper the jays have ever had.

One item popped into my head. If you will line up early then will the preparty you are a big part of also be ending at six or so?

Also, are the degenerate palooza rejects expected at the party. I gotta meet some of these people.

In joyous part.
  • Options
    TalonTedd said:

^^^^^^^^^^
    Thanks for the response Gibby...by the way you are the best skipper the jays have ever had.

One item popped into my head. If you will line up early then will the preparty you are a big part of also be ending at six or so?

Also, are the degenerate palooza rejects expected at the party. I gotta meet some of these people.

In joyous part.

I won't be in line at the Quebec show. The party ends at 6 and it takes 10-15 minutes to get to the arena.
    I'm not sure who the palooza rejects are, but there will be a lot of fans and 10C folk at the party :)

• Options
    TalonTedd said:

^^^^^^^^^^

In joyous part.

I won't be in line at the Quebec show. The party ends at 6 and it takes 10-15 minutes to get to the arena.
    I'm not sure who the palooza rejects are, but there will be a lot of fans and 10C folk at the party :)

• Options
    Thanks Gibson
    Check out the ...degenerate a palooza tour dates...in AMT. They got a good thing going in there. And I use rejects as a term of endearment. Lookin forward to the pre parties in QC and OTW. Its gonna be a great time.