Options

Quebec city roll call

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,467
    Gibson said:

Anyone else nervous that after MSG that there won't be any new surprises to pull out of their hats?

No
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,951
    edited May 2016
    waverue said:

Gibson said:

waverue said:

Has anyone ever done ga for a show at the videotron center? Thinking of being in the line for a few hours day of show....curious what the area is like in terms of bathrooms and food availability nearby?

if you want front row, get there at midnight. Good view: 10am
    Not worried about the timing on getting there as much as I am curious what the area is like in terms of what's around the venue for food/bathroom options. Not a huge deal, just starting to think of what to pack so figured I'd people knew the area it might be helpful info!
    I am going to do some research tonight on google maps and call the venue tomorrow to find some info out about location. Anyone from Quebec have some insight on this as well?

I thought I read somewheres that porta potties are provided too.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,562
    There's 1 bar attached to the venue. TheBud Club opens at 4:30. Otherwose, come preshrunk in old Quebec at pub Galway and a million other places. 10 minute taxi ride
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,123
    Wish TheBud Club opened earlier and gave the ok for hosting the preparty. Will probably be taking the bus ride from Galway to the arena.
  • Options
    We are looking into shuttles between Galway and the arena. More info later this week. Fingers crossed! If not, we've made cue cards with directions and which busses you can take.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    edited May 2016
    demetrios....I saw this post of yours in another thread and it spoke to me!!!....
    demetrios said:

Sarah said:

No, no, no. Binaural in Toronto.

I was going to come into the thread and second the Vitalogy idea, but this would top it.
    Ok. About about this ..

Vitalogy Toronto Night 1
    Binaural Toronto Night 2
    Lost Dogs Side 1 Quebec City
    Lost Dogs Side 2 Ottawa

Lost Dogs side 1 in QC would be amazing. Our family rocks out to Sad and a bunch of the other LD sons on guitars, uke, and tambo together and this will be our son's first show!!!!! He would love to see and hear it played in person. I am not one for doing requests but I promised I would try to somehow get a video to the band of him playing Sad lead on electric guitar, with a note about how happy he is playing Sad and how much he would love to hear it. No idea how to fulfill that promise but will start by sending it to 10c and hopefully it will get passed along. At least I can say I tried!
    Post edited by waverue on
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 813
    We are next! Cannot wait
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 738
    Gibson said:

Anyone else nervous that after MSG that there won't be any new surprises to pull out of their hats?

Not anymore.

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options

Gibson said:

Not anymore.
    AGREED! (Selfish sigh of relief)

• Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    I hope that they play 10 or VS completely but in reverse order.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    For the love of all things holy please don't play the entire Lost Dogs album in Quebec.
    Pick 2 songs max.
    Fans want Pearl Jam not "almost Pearl Jam songs"
  • Options
    Gibson said:

Gibson said:

Not anymore.
    AGREED! (Selfish sigh of relief)

That whole first encore was great. If we get anything close to that we are in for a treat.
  • Options

For the love of all things holy please don't play the entire Lost Dogs album in Quebec.
    Pick 2 songs max.

yes yes...you are probably right. surely it isn't something they would do (i cannot imagine it anyway). but if they want to play Sad, I promise they will never ever have seen a pJ fan so so so very happy as my son will be!
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,524
    On the Tarmac, just about to take off from Newark to Quebec City! Can't wait for this show (and great food!)
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    waverue said:

Pick 2 songs max.

yes yes...you are probably right. surely it isn't something they would do (i cannot imagine it anyway). but if they want to play Sad, I promise they will never ever have seen a pJ fan so so so very happy as my son will be!
    Sad is a great song. I've seen the video of your son rocking out on Facebook and hope you get your wish.

• Options
    PJNB said:

waverue said:

Pick 2 songs max.

Sad is a great song. I've seen the video of your son rocking out on Facebook and hope you get your wish.

you have?! that's awesome! thanks for your support! it seems so silly to me to be working on this request email with Noah (i guess we'll send it to 10c...not sure how else to get on the radar) because i really am so happy with whatever they play...i love them all...but he has worked so hard on this one song i do understand. he also knows he will have a blast even if they don't play it. see you Thursday!
  • Options
    waverue said:

PJNB said:

waverue said:

Pick 2 songs max.

you have?! that's awesome! thanks for your support! it seems so silly to me to be working on this request email with Noah (i guess we'll send it to 10c...not sure how else to get on the radar) because i really am so happy with whatever they play...i love them all...but he has worked so hard on this one song i do understand. he also knows he will have a blast even if they don't play it. see you Thursday!
    I know how you feel. I made one this morning at 3:00am after not being able to sleep and felt selfish the whole time. The main thing is if it does not happen to not let it effect your or your sons more show. But if it does it will just let you take your emotions to another level. Enjoy the moments and hope you guys make some great memories.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    PJNB I just realized that was you who posted the It's OK tag. what an amazing and intense story. I really hope they play it. I feel like they will...they didn't play it last night but they seem really into it this tour. i do wonder if they may do it in french though...sometimes it seems an easy one for them to translate to whatever the local language is. what will help if everyone in the front helps it to transition into it's ok rather than going into the other way they draw out Daughter. I saw it happen at a show earlier in the tour where the crowd really was a part of it transitioning. hopefully we'll be right up there and will do our best to help it emerge! i love it too...it has helped me through some times but absolutely nothing compares to your wife's story. so sacred.
    Post edited by waverue on
  • Options
    waverue said:

PJNB I just realized that was you who posted the It's OK tag. what an amazing and intense story. I really hope they play it. I feel like they will...they didn't play it last night but they seem really into it this tour. i do wonder if they may do it in french though...sometimes it seems an easy one for them to translate to whatever the local language is. what will help if everyone in the front helps it to transition into it's ok rather than going into the other way they draw out Daughter. I saw it happen at a show earlier in the tour where the crowd really was a part of it transitioning. hopefully we'll be right up there and will do our best to help it emerge! i love it too...it has helped me through some times but absolutely nothing compares to your wife's story. so sacred.

Thanks for the kind words. When I decided to make that post I told myself make it short and simple. No wall of text there are worse things out there then what you went through. But as I started typing it the story just went on and on and I had to tell the whole thing. I hope they play it english if they do decide to play it but if not we are happy with whatever songs they give us. Cheers and hope to see you guys at the show.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

waverue said:

Thanks for the kind words. When I decided to make that post I told myself make it short and simple. No wall of text there are worse things out there then what you went through. But as I started typing it the story just went on and on and I had to tell the whole thing. I hope they play it english if they do decide to play it but if not we are happy with whatever songs they give us. Cheers and hope to see you guys at the show.
    the wall of text happened to me too when i started talking about my kid!!! and then i thought it was just going to put links in to the videos but instead it embedded them in the post. oops. oh well...i think 99% of people find these kinds of things heartwarming and the rest i just won't worry about. if you notice us (we will be easy to spot with our kiddo with a huge head of golden wild crazy hair and he is probably going to be toting around a sign about "Sad" knowing him)...say hi!
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    For all the GA ticket holders, is anyone aware of which particular part around the arena the line will form before bracelets are given out? And around which time is everyone thinking of getting there? Thanks!
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    if anyone is looking for a potential great pair of reserves at face value let me know. thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2016

For all the GA ticket holders, is anyone aware of which particular part around the arena the line will form before bracelets are given out? And around which time is everyone thinking of getting there? Thanks!

The email said on the East Entrance. The closest parking to that is lot #4 and it costs 12$ cash for the day. Everyone is showing up at different times. I am sure there will be some overnighters and early birds but most I am guessing will be after lunch and right when doors open.

Did you get the email?
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Just finished dinner at Anciens Canadiens
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options

Seems there may be a handful of overnighters but the chatter on Facebook and elsewhere seems to be leaning in the more reasonable direction of back to the days of morning day of show line up vs the day before!!!
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    ^ Thanks for both replies! I got the e-mail. I'm sure I'll be able to find the East Entrance then.
    I was thinking of getting there for 10am but if there are going to be over nighters maybe I'll try for 8 or 9. I wanted to be on the rail but after a long travel day there's no way I'm doing an all-nighter lol. Maybe even earlier than 8 then
  • Options

^ Thanks for both replies! I got the e-mail. I'm sure I'll be able to find the East Entrance then.
    I was thinking of getting there for 10am but if there are going to be over nighters maybe I'll try for 8 or 9. I wanted to be on the rail but after a long travel day there's no way I'm doing an all-nighter lol. Maybe even earlier than 8 then

Haven't seen anyone say they were camping out yet. I am coming in line after lunch sometime and expect to be 2-4 back.
  • Options
    Someone will camp. People always camp.

• Options
    PJNB said:

Haven't seen anyone say they were camping out yet. I am coming in line after lunch sometime and expect to be 2-4 back.
    Really hoping this show is the big shift in how crazy it has been with the early lining up. But even in Hampton where people were in line early the day before, we showed up around 12 the day of the show and were second row under Eddie's mic no problem!
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    ten club number 161xxx