Options

Women being shamed to vote for Hillary

FreeFree Posts: 3,562
edited February 2016 in A Moving Train
Post edited by Free on

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm not a woman, but I am a feminist, and I think it's bullshit, it isn't feminism, it is reverse sexism.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Best candidate for any job regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, etc.

Period.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    THAT's a bunch of bullshit.
    I haven't seen the comments but I heard Steinem apologized for what she said?

Either way honestly no one is making me feel guilty for NOT supporting Hillary BECAUSE she is a woman. I'd be a shitty fucking feminist if I wanted to vote for Hillary ONLY because she is a woman.

And on another note, back when she was running against Obama I remember thinking I dunno how I feel about the first female president being Hillary Clinton.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Best candidate for any job regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, etc.

Period.

Amen, Thirty.

Two other things:

How it's (almost?) assumed by the OP - and no offense to the OP, as while I'm not necessarily on the same page as you, respect a good number of your prior posts - that all women are assumed to be voting for either Clinton or Sanders.

And...I'm so tired of this "X-shaming" nonsense.

It's become as ineffectual as the term "bullying".
  • Options
    My wife has been shamed by her sisters for months now for not being a Hillary supporter.

And the last post? Everyone knows that women are not liked by the other party, the GOP is not a fan of women. To vote Republican by any woman is delusional. Sorry if you disagree. Republicans are not looking out for you. They just want to take your reproductive rights away.
  • Options
    Free said:

My wife has been shamed by her sisters for months now for not being a Hillary supporter.

And the last post? Everyone knows that women are not liked by the other party, the GOP is not a fan of women. To vote Republican by any woman is delusional. Sorry if you disagree. Republicans are not looking out for you. They just want to take your reproductive rights away.

If you vote based on social issues, yes, you would be a bit of an idiot to vote republican as a woman...some people vote based on fiscal issues...although that doesn't make much sense either lol
    Historically the economy does much better under Democrats than it does under the GOP, with Reagan being an over-esteemed exception.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    This is no different than during the last 2 elections when some Black leaders,celebrities and sport stars came out and said "all black people should vote for Obama".Shaming them if not.
    Forget issues and politics.Votes should be based on who represents your interests the best.Hiw bad would it sound if I said I'm only voting for a White Male,because he's white.Stupidity.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    For some reason Carson doesn't get the same treatment Obama did. Huh.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

This is no different than during the last 2 elections when some Black leaders,celebrities and sport stars came out and said "all black people should vote for Obama".Shaming them if not.
    Forget issues and politics.Votes should be based on who represents your interests the best.Hiw bad would it sound if I said I'm only voting for a White Male,because he's white.Stupidity.

It's true, it's no different at all. Seriously reprehensible, it really contrasts the difference in feminism between the older generation and younger... The fight that was necessary in the 70s is long past, it is in danger of becoming the new sexism.
  • Options
    Free said:

I'm not a Republican, not sure who I'm voting for, but I can assure you I'm not delusional.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    True equality would be if we voted for people (male or female) just because they are the best candidate.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

Stop it rr, that be Racist!! I got to say watching the Hildabeast in the coming months is going to be very enjoyable on many levels for Republicans. I can't wait till they indict that lying bitch.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Stop it rr, that be Racist!! I got to say watching the Hildabeast in the coming months is going to be very enjoyable on many levels for Republicans. I can't wait till they indict that lying bitch.
    Always keeping it classy lol
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    The simple fact is that if Hillary Clinton was a better candidate this wouldn't be an issue.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited February 2016
    rr165892 said:

Come on. Really? Blacks voting for Obama due to his race certainly played a part and good for that but he was by FAR the best choice.

RR you seem to be leaning more and more towards the racists poor white male having it so bad due to blacks position. What gives? Appeasing the racist Chicago cop? Fk.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Your post was even more racist than RR's. And your probably proud of that. Sad.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

The simple fact is that if Hillary Clinton was a better candidate this wouldn't be an issue.

She's sure as hell a better candidate than all the R's.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Even if it was Elizabeth Warren and
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

Come on. Really? Blacks voting for Obama due to his race certainly played a part and good for that but he was by FAR the best choice.

RR you seem to be leaning more and more towards the racists poor white male having it do bad due to blacks position. What gives? Appeasing the racist Chicago cop? Fk.
    The point is that people voted for him because he was black, not because he was obviously the best choice by far.
    That is the problem with it, and with this issue now.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Hillary's the most qualified and women don't need to be shamed to vote for her. I've heard that's something that Madeline Albright was saying for years, about a special place in hell for women who don't "support" other women but it's not necessary any more. Most women finally realized they need to support each other so we can progress.
    P.S. It's also not necessary to use nasty and sexist language if you disagree with a candidate.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    And many are voting for trump because he's old white male that talks shit about minorities. So fkn what.

Get tired of the poor white men having it so bad and how the blacks and Hispanics are hurting them. Fk, you won the god damn lottery. Stop whining.
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    I support good people, period. Those in whom I believe and who have proven themselves in my eyes, whether through politics, life, this forum - lots of different walks and mindsets.

How about Trump is just an asshole? Why is it OK to label him with the overused "old white male" thing but hands-off when speaking about a woman? Seems like a double-standard.
  • Options
    Kat said:

Hillary's the most qualified and women don't need to be shamed to vote for her. I've heard that's something that Madeline Albright was saying for years, about a special place in hell for women who don't "support" other women but it's not necessary any more. Most women finally realized they need to support each other so we can progress.
    P.S. It's also not necessary to use nasty and sexist language if you disagree with a candidate.

I'm not sure she is the most qualified, Bernie has been a more progressive politician for much longer, and Hillary's time as Sec of State was very short and was not a smashing success. I don't think she is more qualified than Bernie, I think they have different strengths of resume that are relatively equal.

If it's a real, true progressive that you are after, the choice couldn't be any clearer.
  • Options
    You missed the point. Amen.
  • Options
    Bernie's just not talking about the issues I care about. He's a very nice man but I'm just not into him. :)
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Kat said:

I'm not sure she is the most qualified, Bernie has been a more progressive politician for much longer, and Hillary's time as Sec of State was very short and was not a smashing success. I don't think she is more qualified than Bernie, I think they have different strengths of resume that are relatively equal.

If it's a real, true progressive that you are after, the choice couldn't be any clearer.
    Hillary is very well qualified.., at taking money from big banks and corporations and being a typical politician not making any real substantial difference in the lives of the people of this country, unless you're comfortably upper middle class.

Not ONCE, does she talking about the vanishing middle class or people living in poverty. Not ONCE. All she can talk about is how much money she receives to talk and how she's suddenly progressive.
  • Options
    Madeline Albright caused Hillary to lose even more voters.
  • Options
    I think it's interesting that Bernie's progressiveness is used as a sign that he is the direction the Democratic Party should be going. He has not been a Democrat for very long. (since 2015) I am all for him running for President, I do wonder at his extremely recent switch from an Independent to a Democratic Candidate. He should be running as an independent and leaving the Democratic race to the actual democrats. His political career has spanned over 30 years of elected office. (since 81, I believe) all as an independent. I think I would respect him more, as a politician, and his movement were he not making such an obvious grab at a more viable (and war-chest heavy) political party.

Back to the topic at hand, I think that saying women are being "shamed" for choosing to not vote for the gender-female candidate is oversimplifying the matter.

Madeleine Albright has been saying that statement for years, she has recently adapted it to fit her own support of Hillary. Hillary is an old-time feminist, something that I think younger women have a different view point on. the word Feminism just last year was (controversially) "retired" something that needs to be remembered during this current political season. We, as gendered females should recall that we are right now experiencing political power put in our hands by the fight and wit and (sometimes dirty grabbing) of our predecessors. To pretend that we are at a place where the gender of our candidates doesn't matter, is to cut that connection to the struggle which is ongoing. The fight to be viewed as equals is not over. It's a truth of current society that we cannot actually claim "best candidate, period" when, in fact the candidacy has always been gendered.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Free said:

Madeline Albright caused Hillary to lose even more voters.

I think you are right there. Never insult the voter....unless of course you are Trump. His supporters seem to love eating shit sandwiches.
  • Options
    You can believe your own eyes and ears.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/13/hillary-clinton-2016-_n_7784722.html

I'm going to keep forming my opinion based on what I see, not on what someone else is saying. Everyone can have their own opinion but it should be based on fact. Ok, have a beautiful day. :)

• Options
    Kat said:

You can believe your own eyes and ears.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/13/hillary-clinton-2016-_n_7784722.html

I'm going to keep forming my opinion based on what I see, not on what someone else is saying. Everyone can have their own opinion but it should be based on fact. Ok, have a beautiful day. :)

Hillary has been fighting since her HUSBAND'S political career started. She has been a progressive Democrat, who understands the way political systems work, and has proven leadership.

BTW, thanks Kat for posting this. keepin' it issues driven shows her at her best.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.