Options

Women being shamed to vote for Hillary

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    I do think her co-opting of Flint and the tragedy there is particularly shameless.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Free said:

Hoping to see her as Bernie's running mate.

The only problem I have with her is her vote for Monsanto. I expect someone like her of all people to be against them. I hope she changes her mind.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    You're right InHiding. And it was a Sanders bill fro GMO labeling. She had a change of mind the next day.

http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/2013/05/gmo-no-one-is-perfect-not-even.html
    Senator Warren made a bad mistake. She joined 27 Democrats from across the political spectrum-- from good ones like Tammy Baldwin, Tom Harkin and Sherrod Brown to the careful careerists like Kirsten Gillibrand, Bob Casey, Debbie Stabenow, and Jeanne Shaheen all the way to the worst worthless trash in the Democratic caucus like Joe Donnelly, Mark Pryor and Max Baucus-- to vote down an amendment by Bernie Sanders to permit States to require that any food, beverage, or other edible product offered for sale have a label on indicating that the food, beverage, or other edible product contains a genetically engineered ingredient." Yep, only 26 Democrats plus Alaska Republican Lisa Murkowski supported a bill to deal with GMO foods.
    UPDATE: Elizabeth Warren Supports GMO-Labeling

Her Press Secretary, Lacey Rose gave me this statement after the vote yesterday: "The Senator supports labeling and supports the rights of states to set labeling standards based on health and safety. She supports the purpose of the Sanders amendment but voted no because the proposal would have eliminated the ability of the FDA to force states to comply with a more pro-consumer standard in the future."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

I do think her co-opting of Flint and the tragedy there is particularly shameless.

Has anything been done yet? Something needs to be done NOW not a year from now.
  • Options
    This is interesting. A personal letter from Warren to Pulitzer Winner Jane Smiley on Monsanto.

http://2paragraphs.com/2013/06/sen-elizabeth-warren-responds-to-pulitzer-winner-jane-smiley-on-monsanto/
  • Options
    Free said:

JimmyV said:

Has anything been done yet? Something needs to be done NOW not a year from now.
    Rachel Maddow brought it to my attention months ago and hasn't let up since. There are voices everywhere bringing attention to it, many trying to do something about it including the band we love, but in the end it will never be enough for those kids.

That isn't my point though. Hillary Clinton went there as part of her campaign. That is shameless.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Did you read the first post though? That first post about 2 prominant women attempting to shame young women to vote for Hillary is what's shaming. I feel that you are attempting to change the topic. Difference between two candidates... Bernie calls out supporters that make sexist comments, Hillary has them campaigning for her.

Anyone working to get something done in Flint is far from shameless. However, helping in one area does not make one a saint especially if you're a politician. Everything done by a politician is for votes.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

Did you read the first post though? That first post about 2 prominant women attempting to shame young women to vote for Hillary is what's shaming. I feel that you are attempting to change the topic. Difference between two candidates... Bernie calls out supporters that make sexist comments, Hillary has them campaigning for her.

Anyone working to get something done is far from shameless. However, helping in one area does not make one a saint.

You are right on your first point, this probably belongs in a different thread. On the second point...I don't think she would have been anywhere near Flint if not for this campaign and I do think it is shameless. I stand by that.

Happy to pick the argument up in a more appropriate thread than this, though. :smile:

• Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    I support Hillary for prison
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Ha
    Love it
  • Options
    I think it's safe to say that any woman (everywhere) not jeering about the shaming of the Clinton camp shaming other women is obviously NOT PRO WOMAN! If you support women ( or any specific group), you support ALL. Not just those voting for your person. Just an observation.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Free said:

I think it's safe to say that any woman (everywhere) not jeering about the shaming of the Clinton camp shaming other women is obviously NOT PRO WOMAN! If you support women ( or any specific group), you support ALL. Not just those voting for your person. Just an observation.

I feel like I should get this tattooed on my forehead. "Intersectional feminism is:"
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Free said:

You're right InHiding. And it was a Sanders bill fro GMO labeling. She had a change of mind the next day.

http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/2013/05/gmo-no-one-is-perfect-not-even.html

Senator Warren made a bad mistake. She joined 27 Democrats from across the political spectrum-- from good ones like Tammy Baldwin, Tom Harkin and Sherrod Brown to the careful careerists like Kirsten Gillibrand, Bob Casey, Debbie Stabenow, and Jeanne Shaheen all the way to the worst worthless trash in the Democratic caucus like Joe Donnelly, Mark Pryor and Max Baucus-- to vote down an amendment by Bernie Sanders to permit States to require that any food, beverage, or other edible product offered for sale have a label on indicating that the food, beverage, or other edible product contains a genetically engineered ingredient." Yep, only 26 Democrats plus Alaska Republican Lisa Murkowski supported a bill to deal with GMO foods.
    UPDATE: Elizabeth Warren Supports GMO-Labeling

Her Press Secretary, Lacey Rose gave me this statement after the vote yesterday: "The Senator supports labeling and supports the rights of states to set labeling standards based on health and safety. She supports the purpose of the Sanders amendment but voted no because the proposal would have eliminated the ability of the FDA to force states to comply with a more pro-consumer standard in the future."
    That's a great relief. Thanks.
  • Options
    According to today’s Washington Post, the Democratic National Committee has quietly reversed restrictions banning donations from federal lobbyists and political action committees -- restrictions that were put in place by Barack Obama when he was the Democratic candidate for president in 2008. (The DNC’s sweeping reversal of the previous was confirmed by three Democratic lobbyists who said they have already received solicitations from the DNC.) According to the Post, Hillary Clinton has set up a joint fundraising committee with the DNC and the new rules are likely to provide her with an advantage.

To my mind, this is the worst aspect of insider-dominated crony capitalism – the rigging of our system by big money. It’s exactly what Americans are reacting against in this election. It’s precisely what the movement to take back our democracy and economy from the moneyed interests is all about. The DNC appears to be nothing but siphon for more corruption.

What do you think?
    (From Robert Riech today on Facebook)
  • Options
    An interesting tidbit on Hillary and how she treats women who have worked for her!

Hillary Clinton paid female staff 72 cents for each dollar paid to men when she was a senator
    http://theweek.com/speedreads/540672/hillary-clinton-paid-female-staff-72-cents-each-dollar-paid-men-when-senator
  • Options
    I am sorry Kat but you keep saying that Hillary is qualified to be the POTUS. I am not sure. I work in a place that handles classified materials. If I took 1 document out of the secured location I would fired and face criminal charges. Her blatant disregard for this makes me question her integrity. She has flip flopped on many issue just to get votes. I would have more respect for her if she stuck to what she believes in rather than pander to voters. Sure people can change their minds but it seems more for the benefit of votes rather than changing her mind.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2016

I am sorry Kat but you keep saying that Hillary is qualified to be the POTUS. I am not sure. I work in a place that handles classified materials. If I took 1 document out of the secured location I would fired and face criminal charges. Her blatant disregard for this makes me question her integrity. She has flip flopped on many issue just to get votes. I would have more respect for her if she stuck to what she believes in rather than pander to voters. Sure people can change their minds but it seems more for the benefit of votes rather than changing her mind.

I agree! One of the most basic principals of the place I worked at for 10 years (mental health center); You do NOT transport classified information without major incription and definitely not on an outside email server. It's irresponsible and puts lives at risk. It was pretty black and white as to the policy and discipline procedures if one was caught doing such a thing...FIRED! I know it's comparing apples and oranges, but the basic principal applies. Do you want someone being president that chooses her personal convenience over following some of the most basic rules of her job position? Rules that could have dire consequences to the safety of millions! I just don't get it...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175

maybe sanders has pulled her to the left?

i think it is good for the country that he has.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772

"In all the cases, however -- as well as Clinton's -- the information was not marked "classified" at the time the emails were sent, according to State Department investigators."
    Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/politics/hillary-clinton-email-classified-colin-powell-condoleezza-rice/

They've been after Hillary ever since she was an attorney for the House Judiciary Committee during the Watergate investigation. Decades of crap thrown at her and it's hurt her reputation for sure. But I believe what I see... and that's how it will remain. I'll believe that Congress is truly interested in the topic of emails and servers and national security when they subpoena Powell and Rice for public testimony. It only makes sense if that's a real issue. Otherwise it's just crap. Have a beautiful week you guys. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    I do believe Trey Gowdy's investigation of Secretary Clinton is crap.

I do not believe the FBI's investigation of Secretary Clinton is crap.

• Options
    Kat said:

"In all the cases, however -- as well as Clinton's -- the information was not marked "classified" at the time the emails were sent, according to State Department investigators."
    Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/politics/hillary-clinton-email-classified-colin-powell-condoleezza-rice/

They've been after Hillary ever since she was an attorney for the House Judiciary Committee during the Watergate investigation. Decades of crap thrown at her and it's hurt her reputation for sure. But I believe what I see... and that's how it will remain. I'll believe that Congress is truly interested in the topic of emails and servers and national security when they subpoena Powell and Rice for public testimony. It only makes sense if that's a real issue. Otherwise it's just crap. Have a beautiful week you guys. :)

So the FBI investigation is a political ploy? Maybe it is time to take your blinders off.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    edited February 2016
    JimmyV said:

I do believe Trey Gowdy's investigation of Secretary Clinton is crap.

I do not believe the FBI's investigation of Secretary Clinton is crap.

Agreed, The FBI who is run by the DoJ, is running the important investigation. Now we will see some politics if they have enough evidence to indict and the Attorney General does nothing.
    Post edited by Dirtie_Frank on
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    FBI is doing its job, to investigate any practices that may be corrupt and illegal. I would think we would all want the FBI to investigate our politicians to find out the truth.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited February 2016
    Kat said:

I have to agree with this point of view. Not blinders - common sense.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Kat, understanding how you feel about the emails, how do you feel about everything else that's been written here about what the Clinton team and the DNC is doing to rig this nomination. do you support this? Is it because you support Hillary regardless of the lying and scheming she's done?
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    Free said:

Kay, understanding how you feel about the emails, how do you feel about everything else that we've written hear about with the Clayton team is doing to rig this nomination.

I feel fine about it. I agree. I also think that Clinton is being vilified more than she probably deserves generally. Yes, she is in bed with corporations and I HATE that. But she isn't extraordinary in this way - she's really going with the flow of shit running through Washington, so I don't know why she is being so specifically being called out for that - I don't recall people going after all of the other nominees and winners who were exactly the same. And that is why I like Bernie Sanders.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Vilified? (BTW, it was directed to Kat, w/ some fixed misspellings). Look it up, The facts are all out there on Hillary. Choosing to keep blinders on is not seeing the truth and saying all the politicians are? That's true. I don't support them either. Sanders is the only man for the people, ALL people. I won't be going to vote any crooks into office again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

Vilified? (BTW, it was directed to Kat, w/ some fixed misspellings). Look it up, The facts are all out there on Hillary. Choosing to keep blinders on is not seeing the truth and saying all the politicians are? That's true. I don't support them either. Sanders is the only man for the people, ALL people. I won't be going to vote any crooks into office again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI

Filthy filthy filthy. Purchased and paid for!
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by PJPOWER on