WINNERS for Fenway or Wrigley? Post here

Comments

• Comatose PilateComatose Pilate Maine Posts: 353

Vedd Hedd said:

Poncier said:

I would just like one question answered. I was under the assumption that initially this lottery system was set up to even the playing field and make it more fair, my question is, how can people be winning both nights to Fenway while others lose both nights?

The explanation is in this thread in a few spots, basically night 1 the 1st priority requests exceeded the amount of tickets available. Some folks with night 1 as 1st priority lost, all with priority 2 and beyond lost.
    Night 2 more tickets than 1st priority requests. so some folks were drawn with Priority 2.

2 shows are drawn independent of one another. So if you entered for both and had priority 1 as 8/5, you had a chance to win 0,1 or 2 nights, if you entered both in reverse priority (8/7 1st), you won night 2 but lost night 1.
    All I know is I've talked to atleast 10 people who put in the same exact order as I did and entered the drawing after I did and they all won atleast one and some won both shows while I lost on both. Sorry still bitter! And regardless of what I hear my opinion is that the lottery still needs improvement.
    That sucks. Just for reference, it makes no difference when you enter the lottery. You can enter in the first 5 minutes or the last 5 minutes, it does not matter at all.

As for the other issues...it seems that Fenway Night 1 was the biggest demand.

So, lets split these 10 people into 2 groups, group A and group B.
    Group A put Night 1 as their first preference, and night 2 as 2nd preference.
    Group B put night 2 as their 1st preference, and night 1 as their 2nd preference.

So, it would seem that Group B would ALL get their night 2 selections, but not get night 1.
    Meanwhile, Group A....only a few would get Night 1, and some would get night 2. Randomly.
    If you put Night 1 as your 1st, you could miss out on both.
    All ten people put in the same exact prefrence order
    Yes night 1 first - its been explained.
    Yeah quite the solid explaination, thanks. Why would I think some people winning both nights at Fenway while others lose both nights isn't fair? What's wrong with me
    1996: Augusta
    1998: Montreal, Mansfield I&II
    2000: Mansfield I&II, Montreal
    2003: Las Vegas, Toronto, Montreal, Mansfield I&III
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I&II
    2007: Lollapalooza
    2008: Bonnaroo, Camden I&II, Hartford, Mansfield I&II
    2009: Philadelphia III&IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, New York City II
    2011: Alpine Valley I&II
    2013: Buffalo, Worcester I&II, Hartford, Los Angeles I&II
    2014: Tulsa, Lincoln
    2016: New York City I&II, Quebec City, Boston I&II, Chicago I&II
    2017: New York 
    2018: Seattle I&II, Boston I&II
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    My last two emails were from Chris Cornell and the Red Sox. Must mean I'm getting closer.
  • Poncier said:

cutz said:

Wilds said:

Pearl Jam Boston
    PRIORITY DATE CITY PRICE/PAIR STATUS
    1st choice 08/05/2016 Boston, MA- Reserved Seating $188.00 WON
    2nd choice 08/07/2016 Boston, MA- Reserved Seating $188.00 WON
    TOTAL CHARGED $376.00

Well, based on this, people who chose 8/7/2016 as first choice should win.
    Yes, have yet to hear of anyone losing 8/7 as 1st priority.
    Haven't lost with 8/7 as 1st choice, but havent won either- still tba...
  • tellie1976tellie1976 Iowa Posts: 39
    I have not got an email one way or the other
  • Still waiting.... :anguished: hanging out in the WINNERS thread hoping for some luck.
  • Vedd Hedd said:

Poncier said:

I would just like one question answered. I was under the assumption that initially this lottery system was set up to even the playing field and make it more fair, my question is, how can people be winning both nights to Fenway while others lose both nights?

The explanation is in this thread in a few spots, basically night 1 the 1st priority requests exceeded the amount of tickets available. Some folks with night 1 as 1st priority lost, all with priority 2 and beyond lost.
    Night 2 more tickets than 1st priority requests. so some folks were drawn with Priority 2.

2 shows are drawn independent of one another. So if you entered for both and had priority 1 as 8/5, you had a chance to win 0,1 or 2 nights, if you entered both in reverse priority (8/7 1st), you won night 2 but lost night 1.
    All I know is I've talked to atleast 10 people who put in the same exact order as I did and entered the drawing after I did and they all won atleast one and some won both shows while I lost on both. Sorry still bitter! And regardless of what I hear my opinion is that the lottery still needs improvement.
    That sucks. Just for reference, it makes no difference when you enter the lottery. You can enter in the first 5 minutes or the last 5 minutes, it does not matter at all.

Group B put night 2 as their 1st preference, and night 1 as their 2nd preference.

So, it would seem that Group B would ALL get their night 2 selections, but not get night 1.
    Meanwhile, Group A....only a few would get Night 1, and some would get night 2. Randomly.
    Yeah quite the solid explaination, thanks. Why would I think some people winning both nights at Fenway while others lose both nights isn't fair? What's wrong with me
    Your quite welcome - have a great day!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• I won! Soooooo happy.
    Good luck everyone it will be a great night!
    "Sean Hannity knows there is no greater threat to America today than Bill Clinton 15 years ago"- Stephen Colbert
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

from what i see around...one thing is sure..odds are talking to members....they tell u whats the best option to score tix,,its really great tool

I agree, but it only shows so much as the odds are all inclusive of every priority level. For the tool to truly be useful, they should break down the odds by priority level. This would be quite a simple adjustment in the equation used.

For instance based on what I am seeing, here are my guesses at what the odds would have looked like for Fenway had they been broken out.

Fenway 1 Priority 1 95%
    Fenway 1 Priority 2-6 0%

Fenway 2 Priority 1 100%
    Fenway 2 Priority 2 20%
    Fenway 2 Priority 3-6 0%

*Note - these are not actual odds!
    i agree,,would be even better
    from the other hand,if u see a show with 95% well..u will get it with your 1st or second or 3rd priority..so u could try play the lotto for more difficult show as 1st priority..
    for exable,seated at wrigley 2 had great odds..so,u could try the ga and if not score,u would get the seated
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315
    Wrigley, Reserved Seating both nights!!!!! Super excited!!!!!!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

So has ANYONE won both Fenway shows by ranking the first night #2 and the second night #1?

I'd like to know this too.(good question)
  • 8/7 is my birthday and was my 1st choice. I'm still sitting on the dreaded TBD. I hope you data crunchers are right! :)
    pjl44 said:

My last two emails were from Chris Cornell and the Red Sox. Must mean I'm getting closer.

good luck man!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    cutz said:

So has ANYONE won both Fenway shows by ranking the first night #2 and the second night #1?

I'd like to know this too.(good question)
    i dint see anyone anywhere at social media
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    dlymnfld said:

rssesq said:

Lost on every choice and selected Fenway reserved first.
    ????
    0 for 6 and a bit shocked

Did you recieve email that you lost or are you assuming you lost because your choices still say TBD?
    dreaded email telling me not selected for any

• Fenway 1 confirmed...whooo!
    2003 - Montreal, Toronto
    2005 - Ottawa, Toronto, Halifax
    2006 - Toronto 1, Toronto 2
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Montreal, Toronto 1, Toronto 2, Ottawa
    2016 - Ottawa, Fenway 1
    2018 - Fenway 1
    2020 - Ottawa

2008 - EV Solo Montreal
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    Is anyone still "Entered" like myself and not "tbd" thinking I lost both shows. Still hoping though.
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    Dear 10C, my boss would really appreciate it if you could let me know if I won or lost so I can get back to work, thanks.
  • Won for Friday night, which was all I entered for. So. Psyched.
  • AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 863
    edited February 2016

Vedd Hedd said:

Poncier said:

For people who misunderstand how this lottery works, yes I do feel bad. I personally entered Night 1 first because I knew it would give me a better shot at winning tickets to both shows, but also that it meant I might lose both. Felt like Night 2 was obviously the less popular option and a guaranteed win as first priority. I've spent my time complaining on here but honestly I have nobody to blame but myself.
  • kjsnow said:

8/7 is my birthday and was my 1st choice. I'm still sitting on the dreaded TBD. I hope you data crunchers are right! :)

Same here, except my bday is 8/5.

Based on what I see, you should be fine! I will have to rely on the 10c ticket lotto gods!
  • Eroom21 said:

I am the biggest asshole, I wanted reserved seating for Wrigley night two, and I literally noticed right after the draw closed that I clicked GA. AHHHHHH. We were planing a summer trip to Chicago, I am utterly heartbroken,

I will almost certainly have two extras for this night; don't lose hope.
    "If there was a reason, it was you."

May 9, 2006 - Toronto, ON :: May 10, 2006 - Toronto, ON :: May 10, 2010 - Buffalo, NY :: September 11, 2011 - Toronto, ON :: September 15, 2011 - Hamilton, ON :: April 8, 2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL :: April 9, 2016 - Miami, FL :: May 8, 2016 - Ottawa, ON :: May 10, 2016 - Toronto, ON :: May 11, 2016 - Toronto, ON :: August 20, 2016 - Chicago, IL :: August 22, 2016 - Chicago, IL :: July 10, 2018 - Barcelona, ES :: August 8, 2018 - Seattle, WA:: August 10, 2018 - Seattle, WA ::

The best is yet to come:
    March 18, 2020 - Toronto, ON :: March 24, 2020 - Hamilton, ON
  • mattcoz said:

Dear 10C, my boss would really appreciate it if you could let me know if I won or lost so I can get back to work, thanks.

Did you post the same thing last time too? I laughed this time too.
  • gnazteegnaztee Battle Ground, WA Posts: 82

Is anyone still "Entered" like myself and not "tbd" thinking I lost both shows. Still hoping though.

I'm "Entered" with price "$TBD"
    Portland '93, Seattle 1 '98, Seattle 2 '00, Phoenix '03, ACL '09, Dallas '13, OKC '13, ACL 1 '14, Bogota '15, Wrigley 1&2 '16
  • kjsnow said:

8/7 is my birthday and was my 1st choice. I'm still sitting on the dreaded TBD. I hope you data crunchers are right! :)

Same here, except my bday is 8/5.

Based on what I see, you should be fine! I will have to rely on the 10c ticket lotto gods!
    Good luck!
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Boston 1 was my first choice and I won
    Boston 2 was my second choice and I lost
    Would have loved to win both, but am still very happy.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Is anyone still "Entered" like myself and not "tbd" thinking I lost both shows. Still hoping though.

I am still entered on Wrigley 1 GA and Wrigley 2 Reserved with "TBD" on Total Charged. Thinking that means i still have a chance...? Please?
    We were but stones... Your light made us stars
  • Is anyone still "Entered" like myself and not "tbd" thinking I lost both shows. Still hoping though.

I am
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • My tickets for Fenway still say ENTERED but it says total charged $376 as well. No email confirmations yet.

My preference was Fenway 1 first choice and Fenway 2 second choice.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330

Vedd Hedd said:

Poncier said:

I think what people are trying to explain is.....night 1 was in higher demand....

Dont think about the odds for a moment....those odds dont give a true indicator.

Lets say there is 1 ticket available for each show:
    Chicago
    Boston
    New York

And I put my preference as
    1st Chicago
    2nd Boston
    3rd NY

Then my friend puts their preference as
    1st New York
    2nd Chicago
    3rd Boston

Then you put your preference as this:
    1st Chicago
    2nd New York
    3rd Boston

So, for all shows, they would say 33% chance of winning.
    So, the lottery happens for Chicago....and there is only 1 ticket, I win it.
    Now, we move on to New York. The friend is the only one with NY as their 1st, so they win it.
    Now, move on to Boston....You got shut out twice, but have Boston as your last show...I have Boston as my 2nd priority, so it will give the ticket to me.

Thats How I end up with 2, and the friend gets 1, and you get none.

So, Night 1 for boston there was a TON of "1st Priority" selections.
    Night 2 for Boston, there was much less.

So you could be lucky and get night 1, and then an easier Night 2 ticket.
    Or you could have put night 2 first, and assured yourself of a ticket.
    But since night 1 went quick, you missed out. Now anyone who put night 2 as their first gets first crack at night 2. Then anything left over, is thrown into the mix.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • My status still showing as 'Entered'. No e-mail as of yet.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds