WINNERS for Fenway or Wrigley? Post here

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ragejoe said:

LONG LIVE THE 10C I am in for Both FENWAY SHOWS!!! THANK YOU & CANT WAIT!!!!

What order did you have your choices?
  • Comatose PilateComatose Pilate Maine Posts: 353
    Poncier said:

I would just like one question answered. I was under the assumption that initially this lottery system was set up to even the playing field and make it more fair, my question is, how can people be winning both nights to Fenway while others lose both nights?

The explanation is in this thread in a few spots, basically night 1 the 1st priority requests exceeded the amount of tickets available. Some folks with night 1 as 1st priority lost, all with priority 2 and beyond lost.
    Night 2 more tickets than 1st priority requests. so some folks were drawn with Priority 2.

2 shows are drawn independent of one another. So if you entered for both and had priority 1 as 8/5, you had a chance to win 0,1 or 2 nights, if you entered both in reverse priority (8/7 1st), you won night 2 but lost night 1.
    All I know is I've talked to atleast 10 people who put in the same exact order as I did and entered the drawing after I did and they all won atleast one and some won both shows while I lost on both. Sorry still bitter! And regardless of what I hear my opinion is that the lottery still needs improvement.
    1996: Augusta
    1998: Montreal, Mansfield I&II
    2000: Mansfield I&II, Montreal
    2003: Las Vegas, Toronto, Montreal, Mansfield I&III
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I&II
    2007: Lollapalooza
    2008: Bonnaroo, Camden I&II, Hartford, Mansfield I&II
    2009: Philadelphia III&IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, New York City II
    2011: Alpine Valley I&II
    2013: Buffalo, Worcester I&II, Hartford, Los Angeles I&II
    2014: Tulsa, Lincoln
    2016: New York City I&II, Quebec City, Boston I&II, Chicago I&II
    2017: New York 
    2018: Seattle I&II, Boston I&II
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Vedd Hedd said:

Zod said:

What's the lowest someone has pulled a win from Wrigley 1 reserved? 2nd preference?

I saw some people claiming they got Wrigley 2 reserved on their 4th preference. As for your question....i think 2nd preference for Wrigley 1 reserved is the lowest?

yep..i saw foto of that 4th priority for wrigley 2
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ArtgirlfriendArtgirlfriend Sweet Home Chicago Posts: 32
    edited February 2016
    Wrigley Night 2 - GA - First time ever drawn for GA after 20+ years. I had chosen all four possibilities for Wrigley and this was my first choice. Completely ecstatic!!
    Post edited by Artgirlfriend on
    I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. - Georgia O'Keeffe

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Artgirlfriend
  • rssesq said:

Lost on every choice and selected Fenway reserved first.
    ????
    0 for 6 and a bit shocked

Misery loves company...right?? I'm also part of the 0 for 6 Club. Fenway 1st and 2nd choice starting with 8/5.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Wilds said:

Pearl Jam Boston
    PRIORITY DATE CITY PRICE/PAIR STATUS
    1st choice 08/05/2016 Boston, MA- Reserved Seating $188.00 WON
    2nd choice 08/07/2016 Boston, MA- Reserved Seating $188.00 WON
    TOTAL CHARGED $376.00

Well, based on this, people who chose 8/7/2016 as first choice should win.

• Vedd Hedd said:

Zod said:

What's the lowest someone has pulled a win from Wrigley 1 reserved? 2nd preference?

I saw some people claiming they got Wrigley 2 reserved on their 4th preference. As for your question....i think 2nd preference for Wrigley 1 reserved is the lowest?

yep..i saw foto of that 4th priority for wrigley 2
    I saw the same thing.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    from what i see around...one thing is sure..odds are talking to members....they tell u whats the best option to score tix,,its really great tool
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    edited February 2016
    Still in limbo, hate this place. Not the 10c just the waiting game
    I'm starting to get worried that We am going to go 0-4 on two different memberships. With
    Boston 1-2 and Boston 2-1 as our preferences.
    Post edited by pawlowski1097 on
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329

Poncier said:

I would just like one question answered. I was under the assumption that initially this lottery system was set up to even the playing field and make it more fair, my question is, how can people be winning both nights to Fenway while others lose both nights?

The explanation is in this thread in a few spots, basically night 1 the 1st priority requests exceeded the amount of tickets available. Some folks with night 1 as 1st priority lost, all with priority 2 and beyond lost.
    Night 2 more tickets than 1st priority requests. so some folks were drawn with Priority 2.

2 shows are drawn independent of one another. So if you entered for both and had priority 1 as 8/5, you had a chance to win 0,1 or 2 nights, if you entered both in reverse priority (8/7 1st), you won night 2 but lost night 1.
    All I know is I've talked to atleast 10 people who put in the same exact order as I did and entered the drawing after I did and they all won atleast one and some won both shows while I lost on both. Sorry still bitter! And regardless of what I hear my opinion is that the lottery still needs improvement.
    That sucks. Just for reference, it makes no difference when you enter the lottery. You can enter in the first 5 minutes or the last 5 minutes, it does not matter at all.

As for the other issues...it seems that Fenway Night 1 was the biggest demand.

So, lets split these 10 people into 2 groups, group A and group B.
    Group A put Night 1 as their first preference, and night 2 as 2nd preference.
    Group B put night 2 as their 1st preference, and night 1 as their 2nd preference.

So, it would seem that Group B would ALL get their night 2 selections, but not get night 1.
    Meanwhile, Group A....only a few would get Night 1, and some would get night 2. Randomly.
    If you put Night 1 as your 1st, you could miss out on both.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 455
    Still TBD
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
    Vedd Hedd said:

Poncier said:

That sucks. Just for reference, it makes no difference when you enter the lottery. You can enter in the first 5 minutes or the last 5 minutes, it does not matter at all.

Group B put night 2 as their 1st preference, and night 1 as their 2nd preference.

So, it would seem that Group B would ALL get their night 2 selections, but not get night 1.
    Meanwhile, Group A....only a few would get Night 1, and some would get night 2. Randomly.
    All ten people put in the same exact prefrence order
  • paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    edited February 2016
    Got both Wrigley shows, priority 2 & 4 for nights 1 & 2 (both reserved). Shut out on both Fenway reserves priority 1 & 3. Stoked to have got anything!
    Post edited by payling on
    PA
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Just made a change of plans. Instead of hot ass Chicago in august, I'm going to extend my 4 show Florida run, straight up the east coast. Good thing I only paid 90 bucks for that return flight from Jacksonville to NYC. I was at the last Wrigley show.

the Club gave me lemons, but I made delish lemonade with em.
    danpursel said:

rssesq said:

????

Misery loves company...right?? I'm also part of the 0 for 6 Club. Fenway 1st and 2nd choice starting with 8/5.
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    I too am in limbo. Just happy to still have a chance!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

Vedd Hedd said:

Poncier said:

What was the preference order you guys had?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Fenway 1 then Fenway 2
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

Poncier said:

When you enter the drawing is irrelevant. Anyone who put 8/5 first and 8/7 second possibly could get shut out, win both or just 1 based on the 1st priorities for 8/5 exceeding the 10club allotment.

It turns out the way to guarantee 1 show was to put 8/7 as 1st priority (but you would not have gotten the 8/5 show that way), but we couldn't know that for sure beforehand unfortunately because the posted odds don't differentiae entry priorities.

And the system is definitely not perfect. But its the best they have right now, demand unfortunately far outweighs supply in certain cities.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    cutz said:

Wilds said:

Pearl Jam Boston
    TOTAL CHARGED $376.00

Yes, have yet to hear of anyone losing 8/7 as 1st priority.
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Got both Wrigley reserved!!! Choice 1 8/20 reserved, choice 2 8/22 reserved
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    edited February 2016
    Oops double post
  • Poncier said:

cutz said:

Wilds said:

Pearl Jam Boston
    TOTAL CHARGED $376.00

Yes, have yet to hear of anyone losing 8/7 as 1st priority.
    I'll let you know shortly!
  • Vedd Hedd said:

Poncier said:

Yes night 1 first - its been explained.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• tellie1976tellie1976 Iowa Posts: 39
    Is the drawing still running? Please tell me so
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    rssesq said:

????

Did you recieve email that you lost or are you assuming you lost because your choices still say TBD?
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958

Here's the deal:

If you selected Night 2 first, you definitely got that show but that show only.
    If you selected Night 1 first, any outcome is possible. You could have wound up with both, neither, or only one.

I am still TBD, but chose Night 1 first so anything is possible as I sit here.

Fenway 1 then Fenway 2

Yeah, then I could see your scenario happening.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,808
    edited February 2016

from what i see around...one thing is sure..odds are talking to members....they tell u whats the best option to score tix,,its really great tool

I agree, but it only shows so much as the odds are all inclusive of every priority level. For the tool to truly be useful, they should break down the odds by priority level. This would be quite a simple adjustment in the equation used.

For instance based on what I am seeing, here are my guesses at what the odds would have looked like for Fenway had they been broken out.

Fenway 1 Priority 1 95%
    Fenway 1 Priority 2-6 0%

Fenway 2 Priority 1 100%
    Fenway 2 Priority 2 20%
    Fenway 2 Priority 3-6 0%

*Note - these are not actual odds!

Is the drawing still running? Please tell me so

Yes, you may not get confirmation until later or possibly even tomorrow, but most will get confirmation today at some point. Keep an eye on junk mail.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Rebekah said:

Well if anyone wants a second for one night at Fenway- ZERO STRINGS ATTACHED- I'm happy to join you! It's been my dream to see PJ at Fenway since the Theo era (when we ALL thought it would happen!) and I'd LOVE to be among the TC on the field... :blush:

By looking at your picture, I would say that works better with strings attached ;-)