Secret Santa 2015

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Sprunkn7 said:

Gillycw said:

Wow such creative and thoughtful gifts!! I sent my parcel on its very long voyage on Friday, I hope the weather behaves to allow safe passage.
    I love taking part in this exchange every year, I think this is my 7th time. Postage rates have certainly changed over the years and make it rather expensive sending parcels from the ass end of the world, this year $43...

Haha yep mine cost $42 and it's still not friggin there!

I sent to the middle of nowhere in Australia a few years ago from the US. shipping was in the $40's and it took a month!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • rpecsokrpecsok Posts: 45
    edited December 2015

Thank you to my wonderful Secret Santa from Canada! I enjoyed reading the "packing material" newspaper and finding out all about where you live. I loved all your notes about the goodies and local gifts you selected just for me! The Pink Floyd mug is awesome! You made my day!!http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc315/rpecsok/Mobile Uploads/image_1.jpeg
    Post edited by rpecsok on
  • rpecsokrpecsok Posts: 45
    edited December 2015
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

I got an amazing gift from JM39128 and am sending the picture to Dimi to post. Thanks so much! The coffee and candy and sticker from Mexico were perfect gifts for me!

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    From Linda Stiefvatre to wasa1971

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275

Love!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    That wire Stickman is fantastic!
    ELITIST FUK
  • LyndsayLyndsay NEW BRUNSWICK Posts: 73
    I sent an online gift this year and haven't received confirmation that it was received... hoping i did not screw something up!!!
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Such awesome gifts everyone. This is my favorite thread. I love seeing what was chosen and peoples response. Thanks again Dimi for continuing to organize this!
  • HaJoeHaJoe Bonn, germany Posts: 89
    My girlfriend called me at work to tell me that my secret santa has arrived! Very excited and looking forward. I have a couple of ten hours to work now, but then...
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

Hahahahahaha! Mike is the angel on the tree! So creative. And off course love that travel mug! Lol and stickman hanging from an ornament globe - perfect lol
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    Hi Dimi, our Chief Santa and other Secret Santa Claus 2015.
    Several past weeks since mid-November were quite tough for me. As some of my friends from this forum know already I’ve been diagnosed with a disease that is rather on the dark side. I’ve been struggling with several medical tests etc. instead of packing and flying to Brazil for my PJ SA 2015 tour. The diagnose was a bit depressing and then… suddenly… I received my Secret Santa gift 2015. I was speechless. I’ve never received a gift prepared with so much attention and care. Jojo – thank you very much. Words would not express your fantastic surprise. I’ve receive plenty of bigger or smaller gifts, which were awesome, but the best part was your wishes and letters attached to every single gift.
    In Poland we have the “advent’s calendars” for children – I do not know if everyone is familiar with this concept. As a kid we received boxes of chocolates where you were supposed and allowed to open only one box (one chocolate) per day. Reading your wishes and letters Jojo was like opening these small boxes in childhood. I should have read one per day, but of course I could not resist and have read all of them asap
    Thank you once again!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Good thoughts to you, radar. It's quite beautiful how we can, and do, touch each other's lives :)
    Radar I'm sorry to hear about what you've posted. Sounds like you have a handle on what's going on. We're here if you need us.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    radar said:

Hi Dimi, our Chief Santa and other Secret Santa Claus 2015.
    Several past weeks since mid-November were quite tough for me. As some of my friends from this forum know already I’ve been diagnosed with a disease that is rather on the dark side. I’ve been struggling with several medical tests etc. instead of packing and flying to Brazil for my PJ SA 2015 tour. The diagnose was a bit depressing and then… suddenly… I received my Secret Santa gift 2015. I was speechless. I’ve never received a gift prepared with so much attention and care. Jojo – thank you very much. Words would not express your fantastic surprise. I’ve receive plenty of bigger or smaller gifts, which were awesome, but the best part was your wishes and letters attached to every single gift.
    In Poland we have the “advent’s calendars” for children – I do not know if everyone is familiar with this concept. As a kid we received boxes of chocolates where you were supposed and allowed to open only one box (one chocolate) per day. Reading your wishes and letters Jojo was like opening these small boxes in childhood. I should have read one per day, but of course I could not resist and have read all of them asap
    Thank you once again!

Radar, sorry for what you've been going through. But I'm so glad that Jojo was your Secret Santa. She rocks! I know her gifts must be thoughtful ones. I'm familiar with advent calendars and always used to give them to my nephews. What a beautiful description of the gifts you received, that each one was like opening a special surprise.

Good wishes to you and I hope you will turn to this community for any support we can give.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    edited December 2015
    Thank you so much Katarina- all the way from Slovakia! I couldn't wait for Christmas to open. I'm a huge fan of cloth bags and this one is really nice. Love the chocolates- the kids and I will make quick work of it. My favorite is the wooden bracelet and pendant- very creative. Thank you again!

Edit: having issues trying to upload the image. I'll see if I can try again or just send to Dimi (thanks Dimi)
    Post edited by vduboise on
    So Sorry Radar that you are going through such a hard time. I'm happy that your Secret Santa has brought you some happy moments. Sending {{hugs}} and prayers your way.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    My thoughts flow over the oceans to you Radar xoxo
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    I was talking to my kids this morning about how far the parcel I sent had to go and then today to my surprise hiding in plain sight on my gate was a box all the way from Michigan!
    A massive thank you to FoxyRedLA for the amazing gifts and the lovely card!!!
    There is no way I could wait till Christmas so I cracked into it. Inside was some yummy salt water taffy that the whole family has tried already, lots of fudge, some cool Michigan bottle top magnets, a choice bag to hook onto my bike and the coolest bracelet made of a guitar pick that is customised with the engraving "Does it inspire".
    A massive thank you Foxy from the other side of the world! I wish you, your children and your loved ones peace, love and joy these holidays xxxx
  • HaJoeHaJoe Bonn, germany Posts: 89
    edited December 2015
    Got an brilliant collection of gifts from Christina Frappier. Thanks a lot, I'm flashed...
    Dimi will post a picture, hopefully...
    Post edited by HaJoe on
    edited December 2015
    I'm going to give it a go posting pics....
    Secret Santa1 photo image_1.jpeg">
    Secret Santa photo image.jpeg"><a
    Post edited by tinkerbell on
    HaJoe said:

Got an brilliant collection of gifts from Christina Frappier. Thanks a lot, I'm flashed...
    Dimi will post a picture, hopefully...

KG200371 GIFT TO .vduboise‏

I was talking to my kids this morning about how far the parcel I sent had to go and then today to my surprise hiding in plain sight on my gate was a box all the way from Michigan!
    A massive thank you to FoxyRedLA for the amazing gifts and the lovely card!!!
    There is no way I could wait till Christmas so I cracked into it. Inside was some yummy salt water taffy that the whole family has tried already, lots of fudge, some cool Michigan bottle top magnets, a choice bag to hook onto my bike and the coolest bracelet made of a guitar pick that is customised with the engraving "Does it inspire".
    A massive thank you Foxy from the other side of the world! I wish you, your children and your loved ones peace, love and joy these holidays xxxx

You're more than welcome!!! Gosh that sure was fast delivery! Thank you for the beautiful wishes, same to you and your family!
  • A HugeTHANKS to Cacarr1 for this incredible secret santa gift!

I want to go into detail: The Pearl Jam print out was the poster of my home town (Kitchener, Ontario) show from 05' .. killer idea!

The stickers were awesome (I didn't have any of those) Always wanted a Ed/Mikey sticker. I love the outdoors and the other stickers fit that theme.

Camping mugs!!! I've wanted these since the previous release of the camping mugs, but these ones are kick ass! Can't wait to use them in the spring, thank you for all the thought.

This is the first year I've participated in the secret santa. My wife did it last year, so we both went in this time.

Merry Christmas Jammers! We all have the same thing on the top of our lists this year .. Tour, anniversary and a new album?

Cheerz!!
  • KG200371KG200371 Bratislava, Slovakia Posts: 2
    edited December 2015
    Dear Secret Santa. Thank you for a wonderful surprise! I'm so happy with my gift. Tasty chocolates and biscuits, cute heart earrings, cozy Christmas socks, Sub pop sticker and pins and absolutely amazing festival kit! What else could I wish for?
    Marry Christmas everyone!
    Thank you so much Denise, Thank you Dimitris!
    Post edited by KG200371 on
    KG200371 said:

Dear Secret Santa. Thank you for a wonderful surprise! I'm so happy with my gift. Tasty chocolates and biscuits, cute heart earrings, cozy Christmas socks, Sub pop sticker and pins and absolutely amazing festival kit! What else I could wish for?
    Marry Christmas everyone!
    Thank you so much Denise, Thank you Dimitris!

mallalieu gift to.KG200371

• cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315

A HugeTHANKS to Cacarr1 for this incredible secret santa gift!

I want to go into detail: The Pearl Jam print out was the poster of my home town (Kitchener, Ontario) show from 05' .. killer idea!

The stickers were awesome (I didn't have any of those) Always wanted a Ed/Mikey sticker. I love the outdoors and the other stickers fit that theme.

Camping mugs!!! I've wanted these since the previous release of the camping mugs, but these ones are kick ass! Can't wait to use them in the spring, thank you for all the thought.

This is the first year I've participated in the secret santa. My wife did it last year, so we both went in this time.

Merry Christmas Jammers! We all have the same thing on the top of our lists this year .. Tour, anniversary and a new album?

Cheerz!!

So glad to hear you liked it!!!! Thanks Dimitris for doing this; I look forward to many more of these!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone!
  • Thanks Sandra my Secret Santa in the great state of Texas .. I love it. The PJ dog tag is awesome and fits just right on my new pup. Thanks for making my day brighter.. I'm having problems posting a pic

Kevin
  • LotusPearl73LotusPearl73 Cape Cod, Massachusetts U.S.A. Posts: 2
    edited December 2015
    Super stoked with my S.S. gift from Rebecca Goalder! Thank you so much for the homemade goodies, syrup, and chocolate! Love the shot glass, pin, stickers, and can't wait to listen to the cd!
    I'm not familiar with July Talk but, I love getting turned on to new bands.
    Extremely greatful and hope to cross paths some day. Merry Christmas!
    Another great year. Thanks again Dimi!imageimageimage
    Post edited by LotusPearl73 on