Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options

Pure comedy.

People who have hotel rooms booked, for an unannounced tour.
    Telling others to ....Calm down.

Pure comedy

I travel to see a lot of shows. Mainly Phish and I will book hotel rooms (refundable) based on rumors because it has saved me thousands over the years. It costs nothing to call and cancel a hotel room you book because a band is rumored to play on this day or that. When Phish would announce their tour and I didn't book a room prior to the announcement they cost hundreds more...I think it's pretty comical when people DON'T book hotel rooms based on a rumor then complain when they waited too long and can't find or can't afford a room.
    My comment is based on the "Calm down" comment.
    I find it to be PURE COMEDY when people who LOSE THEIR MINDS over an unannounced tour, feel the need to tell people to "calm down", when in fact all they are doing is losing their minds, over the same unannounced tour.,

Holy hell.
    I typed that, and I am not sure that even makes sense.
    Hahahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Pure comedy.

Pure comedy

I travel to see a lot of shows. Mainly Phish and I will book hotel rooms (refundable) based on rumors because it has saved me thousands over the years. It costs nothing to call and cancel a hotel room you book because a band is rumored to play on this day or that. When Phish would announce their tour and I didn't book a room prior to the announcement they cost hundreds more...I think it's pretty comical when people DON'T book hotel rooms based on a rumor then complain when they waited too long and can't find or can't afford a room.
    I find it to be PURE COMEDY when people who LOSE THEIR MINDS over an unannounced tour, feel the need to tell people to "calm down", when in fact all they are doing is losing their minds, over the same unannounced tour.,

Holy hell.
    Hahahahaha
    haha reading back through this thread does bring some comedy. people seriously get way too butthurt about stuff that isn't even confirmed. "noooooo my rumored date is better than your rumored date, calm down!"
    doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you...

Pittsburgh '00
    PennState '03; Camden 1 '03; Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Ottawa '05; Borgata 2 '05
    Ed Sullivan Theater '06; Hartford '06; NJ 1-2 '06
    WPB '08; Tampa '08; EV Newark '08
    EV Ft. Lauderale '12
    Ft. Lauderale '16; Miami '16
  • Options

Pure comedy.

Pure comedy

Holy hell.
    Hahahahaha
    haha reading back through this thread does bring some comedy. people seriously get way too butthurt about stuff that isn't even confirmed. "noooooo my rumored date is better than your rumored date, calm down!"
    We have 126 pages of "Calm Down!"

But its all good.
    For over a decade, I have come to these boards, and watched people go absolutely apeshit during tour announcements.
    Myself included.
    All good fun.

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

Pure comedy.

Pure comedy

Holy hell.
    Hahahahaha
    the word butthurt always makes me laugh
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    Another day, another US terrorist attack - Europe seem the safer choice, US tour cancelled ROW full tour on...
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    guess my statement does not fit in to the current discussion, but well... now I made it to the www and I just wanna thank you already for the rumour update - aka this post -

Since I followed the great Sout American Tour and their great descriptions and feedback, my longing to be also part at another PJ gig has become so much stronger... hardly to bear anymore ;) the great vibes they spread and share are so treasurable to me, especially considering this kind of scary world we live in... they really make a difference.

So I keep fingers crossed for an upcoming tour - and of course I wish the Europe rumour will become a fact !!! -
    and if not? well as all is different in my life again and as I always find back to my roots with Pearl Jam, I dare to announce, that this time I would even make it over the big ocean just to experience them live one more time .
    so ... big words - and I usually keep my words...

so Viva Pearl Jam, Viva 25 years in/with their music, Viva 2016!
    please let us rock out big times again :blush:
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    Funkez said:

Another day, another US terrorist attack - Europe seem the safer choice, US tour cancelled ROW full tour on...

What the fuck is wrong with you?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714

Ryan said:

Ryan said:

I doubt they are cancelling the Euro tour. If they did, I wouldn't fault them. They are about safety and while they can put on a stand against terrorism by having a concert, they also have to think about their fans and do they want to involve the fans in their "stand" as well. It is a little different for us as fans to go to a show as we only make a decision for ourselves. It is a little different if you are the one inviting 20,000 people to come to your event where your fans are counting on you to provide security.

if the band cancel euro tour,and even the excuse is security reason,(personally i dont believe thats the real reason) im ok with it..
    Doesn't a tour have to be announced first for it to be cancelled?
    are we play with the words here? a week ago all was booked and confirmed
    now things might change..the important is what will happen in the future
    as i said il take the best i can get..europe or no europe ill use my passport to see them

There's no play on words. No tour was announced, hence there is no tour to cancel.

Telling everyone that as recently as last week an entire tour was booked seems like bad form, especially when people here know you have sources that give you the inside scoop. Stating this on the band's official message board serves no purpose other than to rile up an already easily-excitable fan base.
    you dont know what i know or how i know it,so u are just assuming things..
    and especially the part im the guy to rile up the fan base...,.,that was a good one
    but im used to it around here,people assuming things about me..,so isnt biggie...all good
    I love your hints. Honestly, a hint from you is as reliable as it gets. No need for specifics. Everyone just needs to relax and be happy that rumors are here. There were no rumors in 2015 besides Global
    And SA and both came true. Chill out, and wait.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714
    Funkez said:

took 126 pages but seems we have a winner for dumbest comment of the thread. Wow.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,805

As I posted on page 111:

Let's please not led this devolve into an argument as to who is more vulnerable

If there are shows near you, PJ or otherwise, get out there and have a good time!

No one is arguing.
    RP112579 said:

Funkez said:

What the fuck is wrong with you?
    just call me Nostradamus lol
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

I doubt they are cancelling the Euro tour. If they did, I wouldn't fault them. They are about safety and while they can put on a stand against terrorism by having a concert, they also have to think about their fans and do they want to involve the fans in their "stand" as well. It is a little different for us as fans to go to a show as we only make a decision for ourselves. It is a little different if you are the one inviting 20,000 people to come to your event where your fans are counting on you to provide security.

if the band cancel euro tour,and even the excuse is security reason,(personally i dont believe thats the real reason) im ok with it..
    band knows better what to do with their business and im a fan and ill take the best i can,,and after 25 years the band is still doing shows ,thats the importatn and me i can go to shows to see them live..
    i always travel to see them live,,so the same gonna happen at 2016
    only difference is the cost for me , for exable i just check flights..
    for me go to usa for first 5 shows..meaning fly to miami and return from atlanta is the same money to fly and take trains to 15 shows here in europe
    i know would be better to see 15 shows than 5 ..but il take the best i can get at this point..
    Whilst you may be in the privileged position to travel to shows not everyone is.

For some the reasons are financial, others disabilities make travelling impossible, not to mention hidden issues.

Yes, to tour is utterly the band's choice. And for some where they tour doesn't matter but please be conscious of others for whom it's not as simple as checking the flights.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i am terribly confused by the last several pages of this thread.

can someone just tell me if i need to cancel the hotel room i booked in moline or not? i booked from 01/01/16 - 07/01/16, assuming the band would play there at some point in those seven months.

thanks.

and play rival, pussies.
  • Options
    rival. said:

can someone just tell me if i need to cancel the hotel room i booked in moline or not? i booked from 01/01/16 - 07/01/16, assuming the band would play there at some point in those seven months.

thanks.

and play rival, pussies.

they're playing Moline on july 2nd
    severed hand thirteen

• Options

Pure comedy.

Pure comedy

speedy, did you pack your $120 pearl jam backpack yet in preparation of any of these shows? if you are staying somewhere overnight, you might need a change of clothes and some toiletries.
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    rival. said:

thanks.

and play rival, pussies.

I'm pretty sure you're good.

Or maybe some other time.

Or not.

It's tough to call.

:-)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I hope they see us descending and will put us out of our misery soon.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options

rival. said:

thanks.

and play rival, pussies.

they're playing Moline on july 2nd
    fuck!
  • Options
    rival. said:

Pure comedy.

Pure comedy

speedy, did you pack your $120 pearl jam backpack yet in preparation of any of these shows? if you are staying somewhere overnight, you might need a change of clothes and some toiletries.
    My garbage bags are already packed.

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    edited December 2015
    rival. said:

thanks.

and play rival, pussies.

why would they play moline? and why the fuck would anyone go there?
    Post edited by I'm a Truck on
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    rival. said:

play rival, pussies.

God, yeah!

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    MayDay10 said:

Is Wrigley, Fenway, Gorge an actual thing, or based only on speculation? Dont want to read 124 pages of poop

From what I have seen, Wrigley and Fenway seem like legit rumours whereas the Gorge does not.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

Funkez said:

took 126 pages but seems we have a winner for dumbest comment of the thread. Wow.
    Nevermind that shear logic would place a winner at page 1.

My comment is indeed provocative, but so is the statement that Europe should pose some sort of security risk. That's so ridicules and hypocritical that it is beyond belief.
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    Funkez said:

Where was today s U.S. terrorist attack?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Funkez said:

shooting in CA
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Funkez said:

Unfortunately ongoing in CA. Last friday Colorado Springs.
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    This thread has nothing to do with shootings or terror acts. Please take that shit to where it belongs.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    RE4790 said:

This thread has nothing to do with shootings or terror acts. Please take that shit to where it belongs.

Totally agree. We don't want this thread locked.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Funkez said:

nicknyr15 said:

Funkez said:

Nevermind that shear logic would place a winner at page 1.

My comment is indeed provocative, but so is the statement that Europe should pose some sort of security risk. That's so ridicules and hypocritical that it is beyond belief.
    So why not take it up with the people making the comment you don't like instead of making comments you know are going to piss off a large portion of people for no reason? No offense but you are coming across in a childish tit for tat manner and using the death of people to get your point across is pretty shitty.
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    If they ever announce a new tour wherever it is... People are going to bitch because it's not in their own backyard.

All this drama is love/hate
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    RE4790 said:

True, my apologies. Mindless acts by likewise people should not affect our lives and joys.
    Dark gloomy humor is pretty much a Danish sport that never really catch on, probably for the best... :)