Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    freecandy44freecandy44 Pittsburghish Posts: 90
    I dont give a damn what month/day PJ comes to Pittsburgh, as long as they come.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    RS151862 said:

If US tour is delayed until summer I think it's because they're going to end up doing some US festivals. Bonnaroo for sure

That's a good theory. Thanks for sharing.
    Why are you always so positive. It's sickening.
    seriously bro
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2015
    rgambs said:

OP should update and put the compiled list of rumored dates on the OP for us!

:i_dunno:

I had the original leaked list on the front page but some or all of those have obviously changed so I thought the responsible thing to do was to remove it, sorry
  • Options
    summer in the south? pass

I hope this stays in the spring, great time for a road trip!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I will wait for a Pacific Northwest tour. Want to hit the coast for 4-5 shows. Never been out there and would love to see the different cities too.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,038

I will wait for a Pacific Northwest tour. Want to hit the coast for 4-5 shows. Never been out there and would love to see the different cities too.

The pacific northwest is awesome! You can't go wrong with any of the cities out there.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    I have never saw PJ outdoors, would like to at Indy or something
  • Options

If US tour is delayed until summer I think it's because they're going to end up doing some US festivals. Bonnaroo for sure

I promise you they aren't playing Roo due to the Nashville date before Roo. Nashville is still on as of today and ticket sales will be in January.

I said if the tour was delayed until summer. If the tour is delayed things may change and maybe they won't have a Nashville date.
    Mine is mine and yours won't take it's place
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    i wonder if the initial delay is because one of the other euro festivals had someone drop out (like maybe the gnr rumors?) and theyre trying to get pj in there instead as the headliner
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    nycrats said:

i wonder if the initial delay is because one of the other euro festivals had someone drop out (like maybe the gnr rumors?) and theyre trying to get pj in there instead as the headliner

I dont think the delay is euro-based, cause why not just go ahead and annonce the US leg?
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,644
    edited December 2015
    my2hands said:

summer in the south? pass

I hope this stays in the spring, great time for a road trip!

Being a fan of arena shows vs outdoor amphitheaters, I'm also hoping the tour happens in the spring.

With that being said, I'll take any dates I can get.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    TL170678 said:

Be careful - at Indy 2010, a tornado almost picked everyone up and took us away. :)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,661

TL170678 said:

Be careful - at Indy 2010, a tornado almost picked everyone up and took us away. :)
    Right? How surreal was that? Got into the venue early and took shelter from the rain only to be told they locked the gates and wouldn't be letting people in due to a tornado warning or so I seem to recall? For a little while felt like the show could/would be called off if the weather got worse.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    and people wonder why pj does arena tours in mild weather months... they've got it figured out.... plus to perform on stage for 3 hours when it is 100 degrees? or cold like the ice bowl show years ago? Vedders body & throat is the most important and delicate instrument in the band and they seem to gear their touring schedule around that, thankfully. Arenas provide a controlled environment and it sure seems like they prefer to limit risks when touring
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:

and people wonder why pj does arena tours in mild weather months... they've got it figured out.... plus to perform on stage for 3 hours when it is 100 degrees? or cold like the ice bowl show years ago? Arenas provide a controlled environment and it sure seems like they prefer to limit risks when touring

Not to mention the Wrigley shit show.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    100 Pacer said:

TL170678 said:

Right? How surreal was that? Got into the venue early and took shelter from the rain only to be told they locked the gates and wouldn't be letting people in due to a tornado warning or so I seem to recall? For a little while felt like the show could/would be called off if the weather got worse.
    Yep..and temperature dropped pretty good by end of show. Windy and cool after the show and we went out of a different exit and had a hell of a time finding the car..booze may or may not have had a role in that last part.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    edited December 2015
    my2hands said:

and people wonder why pj does arena tours in mild weather months... they've got it figured out.... plus to perform on stage for 3 hours when it is 100 degrees? or cold like the ice bowl show years ago? Vedders body & throat is the most important and delicate instrument in the band and they seem to gear their touring schedule around that, thankfully. Arenas provide a controlled environment and it sure seems like they prefer to limit risks when touring

What a great observation. Nicely done. I was the Ice Bowl show. It was indeed quite chilly. Boy the Midwest certainly does have their share of bad weather shows. That's too bad.
    Post edited by I'm a Truck on
  • Options

TL170678 said:

I was at this show as well. It was a bit scary. Thank goodness the security kept us safe and informed. Indiana is a fine state.
  • Options
    I sure am excited its the 10th!! It's a great day to be alive!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2015

my2hands said:

What a great observation. Nicely done. I was the Ice Bowl show. It was indeed quite chilly. Boy the Midwest certainly does have their share of bad weather shows. That's too bad.
    Thank you for your feedback, it really means a lot to me. You are truly a shining light of positivity for the world. I bid you a good day sir.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Thank you for your feedback, it really means a lot to me. You are truly a shining light of positivity for the world. I bid you a good day sir.
    Well thank you! Im hoping you get some great news today!!
  • Options

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

You are a good man, i hope your day is full of rainbows & magical cheese curds
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

this exchange reminds me of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7o0qw2930s
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    Sturgo said:
    It's a bogus picture. It was floating around FB last week.
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Sturgo said:
    That picture has already been posted in here. But it still is interesting for our European friends
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    SturgoSturgo Posts: 89
    I was afraid of that. Barcelona would be nice...
  • Options
    Anyone think that Lollapalooza is a possibility this year? Would make sense if there are potential late summer dates....
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options

Sturgo said:
    That picture has already been posted in here. But it still is interesting for our European friends
    It's OK! Maybe someone hasn't seen it and would be appreciative of any new info. Have a great day!