Paris Attacks

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,491
    Wake up Europe. You can't let all these refugees in without due diligence. You want to help out but you are going to lose your culture and lose your safety.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    dignin said:

How about we figure out who did what and go from there.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430

Wake up Europe. You can't let all these refugees in without due diligence. You want to help out but you are going to lose your culture and lose your safety.

do we even know who this was? what their agenda was? other than the wonton death they perpetrated?

what I listened to on MSNBC on siriusxm while I was driving , from a French reporter staitioned at the white house press pool, she said it may have some significance to charlie hebdo. the concert hall is only 300 meters from hebdo headquarters. French intelligence community knew soemthing was going to happen sometime, just not what or when, this was planned very very quietly according to her sources in the government. nothing electronic that they are letting on about at least. How would you fight against the older ways of doing things in secret? dead drops, letters, meeting in person etc?

everyone, before we begin condemning people, can we wait for accurate factual information? wild speculation doesnt help anything does it?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Fuckin sad..so sorry
    What make me more sick is those fuckin assholes who are behind the safety of their pc and use horrible stories like this to say their political bullshit agenda
    But then again u cant expect anyrhing better from fuckin assholes...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • dignin said:

How about we figure out who did what and go from there.

Are there any doubts?

Come on, man.

Ultimately, you guys are right, but when the psycho killers are yelling that stupid shit while bathing in blood... we know who's responsible (not that everybody didn't know in the first place).

Dignin... this is a curious bit of advice coming from you given you had tarred and feathered an officer in the Brown thread before the facts were out.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Did you hear somewhere that it was done by refugees?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mickeyrat said:

do we even know who this was? what their agenda was? other than the wonton death they perpetrated?

what I listened to on MSNBC on siriusxm while I was driving , from a French reporter staitioned at the white house press pool, she said it may have some significance to charlie hebdo. the concert hall is only 300 meters from hebdo headquarters. French intelligence community knew soemthing was going to happen sometime, just not what or when, this was planned very very quietly according to her sources in the government. nothing electronic that they are letting on about at least. How would you fight against the older ways of doing things in secret? dead drops, letters, meeting in person etc?

everyone, before we begin condemning people, can we wait for accurate factual information? wild speculation doesnt help anything does it?
    Hebdo was closed so they chose another place given they were all geared up to kick some infidel ass? I'm not so sure about that assertion.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    And on it goes...
  • BS44325 said:

And on it goes...

And will never stop.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430

mickeyrat said:

Hebdo was closed so they chose another place given they were all geared up to kick some infidel ass? I'm not so sure about that assertion.
    that its also a very popular venue. sold out tonight I hear. 1500 captive audience members? Simply sharing what a french citizen/journalist had to share from her contacts in the intelligence community. Now the hebdo thing may have been her speculation but it was worth noting imo.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited November 2015
    rgambs said:

No, but you think none of those refugees are Islamic militants? And you also think letting millions of people into countries that don't want to assimilate won't lead to issues in the future? Wake up. Europe played nice and just got punched in the face.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rgambs said:

Nothing official yet other than some hearsay reports, but if one doesn't think many of these "refugees" that have flooded Europe are ISIS, then there is nothing that can ever be said to convince you that unless you follow ALLAH you are a INFIDEL and must DIE.

My prayers to GOD are w/ the Partisans and the families that have lost loved ones at the hands of whatever Jihad loving Extremist Muslim group who committed these terrorist attacks.
    mickeyrat said:

Obviously there is a radical Islamic source to this attack. It is no surprise that it happens in France with the amount of disenfranchised Muslims there. My point is what do we think is going to happen in the future when million more Muslims from war torn countries immigrate? I am not saying they all want to be jihadis but be smart about who is allowed to come in and make sure there is an infrastructure available so you don't have a bunch of twenty year old Muslims angry that they don't have jobs and have nothing to do but go online and get radicalized.

Fuckin sad..so sorry
    What make me more sick is those fuckin assholes who are behind the safety of their pc and use horrible stories like this to say their political bullshit agenda
    But then again u cant expect anyrhing better from fuckin assholes...

I don't know if this post is directed at me but my point is responsible immigration. I am not saying bomb all Muslim countries but I think Europe should be smarter about who it lets in their countries unless they think there is an infrastructure that will help them assimilate and not just be disenfranchised and angry in France instead of Syria.
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    edited November 2015
    even if only 1% of the 4 million refugees are radical that is 40,000. I see this as part of ISIL's plan send people with the refugees, once in Europe, US, meet up and conduct attacks. Yeah I know I sound crazy but I would not put it past ISIL.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • mickeyrat said:

Obviously there is a radical Islamic source to this attack. It is no surprise that it happens in France with the amount of disenfranchised Muslims there. My point is what do we think is going to happen in the future when million more Muslims from war torn countries immigrate? I am not saying they all want to be jihadis but be smart about who is allowed to come in and make sure there is an infrastructure available so you don't have a bunch of twenty year old Muslims angry that they don't have jobs and have nothing to do but go online and get radicalized.
    The first generation Muslims would be overjoyed, happy and content- ready to make a new start.

The concern, as you have illustrated, seems to lie with the subsequent generations: some unable to reconcile the relative disadvantages they have given the fact their parents started with the shirts on their backs- unable to provide as much as established people they live beside.

even if only 1% of the 4 million refugees are radical that is 40,000. I see this as part of ISIL's plan send people with the refugees, once in Europe, US, meet up and conduct attacks. Yeah I know I sound crazy but I would not put it past ISIL.

No, to most on this board you are considered just a racist and bigot when all you want is not to have terrorist attacks. You can't have open debate on this board without being labeled.
    edited December 2015

No, to most on this board you are considered just a racist and bigot when all you want is not to have terrorist attacks. You can't have open debate on this board without being labeled.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited November 2015
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Nothing official yet other than some hearsay reports, but if one doesn't think many of these "refugees" that have flooded Europe are ISIS, then there is nothing that can ever be said to convince you that unless you follow ALLAH you are a INFIDEL and must DIE.

My prayers to GOD are w/ the Partisans and the families that have lost loved ones at the hands of whatever Jihad loving Extremist Muslim group who committed these terrorist attacks.
    I mean at the heart of it, common sense indicates that the refugees are fleeing from ISIS. If you are part of ISIS, why would you leave the comfort of Syria? Do you understand the basic premise of what ISIS is fighting for? Not saying this isn't ISIS or someone loosely connected to them, but these kind of attacks are not like them and don't contribute to their end game, quite the opposite actually.

Edit: if this and the plane turn out to be ISIS then they have changed pretty dramatically recently. Certainly possible but doesn't this seem a lot more like al Qaeda's style? Though at the same time al Qaeda has pulled back on civilian targets of late. I don't know. Really fucked up.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

I mean at the heart of it, common sense indicates that the refugees are fleeing from ISIS. If you are part of ISIS, why would you leave the comfort of Syria? Do you understand the basic premise of what ISIS is fighting for? Not saying this isn't ISIS or someone loosely connected to them, but these kind of attacks are not like them and don't contribute to their end game, quite the opposite actually.
    Or ISIS is hiding amongst refugees to get into Europe to perform terrorist attacks one day in Europe. That is what terrorists do. They don't want to have the good life in Syria, they want to terrorize the world.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited November 2015

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Or ISIS is hiding amongst refugees to get into Europe to perform terrorist attacks one day in Europe. That is what terrorists do. They don't want to have the good life in Syria, they want to terrorize the world.
    Except that terrorist attacks outside of the Middle East are pretty much counterintuitive to what they are trying to achieve. Like I said, I'm not saying this isn't them or isn't inspired by them, but attacking Europe will only bring more intervention to the Middle East, which is not what they want. Isis does not want to terrorize the entire world, they want a bat shit society. They probably want you to think that's what they want but their goal is to govern, in an extremely fucked up and sick way.

You are correct that they don't want a "good life"
    In Syria, but they most definitely want to control Syria and Iraq. bombing Paris does not help that goal.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474

rgambs said:

No, but you think none of those refugees are Islamic militants? And you also think letting millions of people into countries that don't want to assimilate won't lead to issues in the future? Wake up. Europe played nice and just got punched in the face.
    I think that if any terrorists who got in pretending to be refugees hadn't gotten in that way, they would find other ways to commit these attacks. But in any case, many are speculating that it was people with European passports.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    MayDay10 said:

How many people are going to be baffled by the name "eagles of death metal"? Already heard wolf Blitzer call them "eagles of Dream Metal" earlier

when this first happen i turned on CNN and they called them "Eagles of Death"

Also didn't realize that Julian Dorio was filling in for them on the European tour (drummer for The Whigs)
    http://onlineathens.com/mobile/2015-11-13/whigs-drummer-uga-grad-julian-dorio-scheduled-play-theater-attacked-paris
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Perhaps before we grab pitchforks and form a mob to round up the evil refugees we should wait for a shred of verified Intel...
    Nahhhh bootlegger and dirtyfrank are right, we should jump to conclusions and make broad assumptions, that's the right move. Let's not even wait a few hours, let's use this as an opportunity to push our agenda while the dust is literally still settling.
    edited December 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I think that if any terrorists who got in pretending to be refugees hadn't gotten in that way, they would find other ways to commit these attacks. But in any case, many are speculating that it was people with European passports.
  • rgambs said:

Perhaps before we grab pitchforks and form a mob to round up the evil refugees we should wait for a shred of verified Intel...
    Nahhhh bootlegger and dirtyfrank are right, we should jump to conclusions and make broad assumptions, that's the right move. Let's not even wait a few hours, let's use this as an opportunity to push our agenda while the dust is literally still settling.

And it starts....
    Wait and see.....
    All idears and no gears

rgambs said:

And it starts....
    Wait and see.....
    All idears and no gears
    Great contribution as always.
  • rgambs said:

rgambs said:

And it starts....
    Wait and see.....
    All idears and no gears
    Great contribution as always.
    Thanks!
    You too!
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

this was my thought too
    many along with refugees got free passage to act on their
    wishes on empathetic citizens..this is just so cruel and heartless
    to say the least