Paris Attacks

Comments

• ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    How many more people will have to be slaughtered before the world wakes up to this cult of murderous fuckers?!?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    i wonder if the terrorists thought the eagles of death metal were actually death metal? maybe that's why they targeted that venue?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

• EODM are also an American band, I'm sure that's not lost on these subhuman fucking assholes.

• EODM are also an American band, I'm sure that's not lost on these subhuman fucking assholes.

France Vs Germany playing Soccer represents what then?
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    I just saw this. People singing the French national anthem as they evacuate the stadium. http://mashable.com/2015/11/13/paris-stadium-attack-national-anthem/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#AeB9H0VBOkqf
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Enkidu said:

I just saw this. People singing the French national anthem as they evacuate the stadium. http://mashable.com/2015/11/13/paris-stadium-attack-national-anthem/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#AeB9H0VBOkqf

That's very moving.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited November 2015

EODM are also an American band, I'm sure that's not lost on these subhuman fucking assholes.

Idk, maybe it has nothing to do with it at all, I don't have any answers.

All I know is I'm really fucking bummed about the state of my world and thinking about all the people who are suffering today.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on

Idk, maybe it has nothing to do with it at all, I don't have any answers.

All I know is I'm really fucking bummed about the state of my world and thinking about all the people who are suffering today.
    Agreed.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Why France? Of all places why there?

France has a controversial history with it's Muslim population, that may be a contributing factor or major motivator.

Hearts and thoughts for the people of France tonight.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Sad day in all ways for France.
    Yet there will still be people on here that do not support elimination of this faction by any means.
    Talk and peace will surely rid the world of these problems.
  • probably best to save the politics for another day.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    It's actually the best time to address it. Not in the haze of a distant memory. Maybe this horrendous act will finally open the eyes of the sleeping masses. The Muslim community could make tremendous strides by creating a deafening condemnation of this barbarism. They should be protesting in the streets and screaming from the rooftops, against these radical fuckers. My guess is, they won't.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2015

Sad day in all ways for France.
    Yet there will still be people on here that do not support elimination of this faction by any means.

Who on these boards do not support the elimination of terroritst groups? If "by any means" includes killing a bunch of innocent civilians, that makes sense. What do you see as "any means"? Carpet bombing cities or what?
    FWIW, I do not want Canada in a war. That is true. That doesn't mean I don't want to see the terrorists stopped. Canada pulling out of bombing will have absolutely no impact on that whatsoever. I don't think waging war like that will help at all. In fact, it will probably make it worse.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    How many people are going to be baffled by the name "eagles of death metal"? Already heard wolf Blitzer call them "eagles of Dream Metal" earlier
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    edited November 2015
    MayDay10 said:

How many people are going to be baffled by the name "eagles of death metal"? Already heard wolf Blitzer call them "eagles of Dream Metal" earlier

Talk radio host on the commute home said it all happened during a death metal show.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • PJ_Soul said:

Who on these boards do not support the elimination of terroritst groups? If "by any means" includes killing a bunch of innocent civilians, that makes sense. What do you see as "any means"? Carpet bombing cities or what?
    No one in particular.
    One can not be against the death penalty but for the destruction of terrorist groups.
    Any means - identify and destroy.
    Carpet bomb terror cells yes. Cities? - not

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rgambs said:

Why France? Of all places why there?

France has a controversial history with it's Muslim population, that may be a contributing factor or major motivator.

Hearts and thoughts for the people of France tonight.
    With you on this, gambo.

edited November 2015

PJ_Soul said:

No one in particular.
    One can not be against the death penalty but for the destruction of terrorist groups.

One cannot be against the death penalty but for the destruction of terrorist groups?? Are you drunk?

Terrorists are barely even operating in cells anymore. That kind of war will not work. We already know that. The focus needs to be on preventing people from being terrorists in the first place. And I have no idea how that can be done. But getting the fuck out of the middle east would be a good start.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited December 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No one in particular.

One cannot be against the death penalty but for the destruction of terrorist groups?? Are you drunk?

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No one in particular.

No
    Then why would you say such a crazy thing?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No one in particular.

Terrorists are barely even operating in cells anymore. That kind of war will not work. We already know that. The focus needs to be on preventing people from being terrorists in the first place. And I have no idea how that can be done. But getting the fuck out of the middle east would be a good start.
    I totally agree with that thought ^^^^^^^
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No one in particular.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No one in particular.

The US is not in Syria and it isn't so safe. I don't know how to fix this, but Isis just wants power and to kill. It doesn't matter who.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    How about we figure out who did what and go from there.
    edited December 2015
    dignin said:

How about we figure out who did what and go from there.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Europe is at a serious crossroads right now.
  • PJ_Soul said:

No one in particular.

Interesting eh? This point you have made.

It's fair and its accurate to some degree- even though there will be some that fail to see the visible parallel and refute it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No one in particular.

The US is not in Syria and it isn't so safe. I don't know how to fix this, but Isis just wants power and to kill. It doesn't matter who.
    You know what?

I've been hearing 'stay out and let Muslims handle the ISIS threat'. But I don't see them handling the threat. I see them abdicating the fight and fleeing for their lives.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    This feels so close for some reason. I am at a complete loss tonight. I'm gonna get drunk and listen to The Face of Love on repeat.