Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Have fun tonight kids

photo thumb_zps5zfkjjmw.jpeg
    We did have fun! :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Derby,Post up a pic of that poster please.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    rr165892 said:

Here you go buddy:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

Wanna see my parking ticket too?? :rofl:
    The venue had MAJOR construction going on all around it and the only parking lot was full by the time we got there.
    The ticket was only $25.. .not even close to what I paid for a space in a garage for the Global Citizen Festival two weeks ago!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

derbydave said:

Wanna see my parking ticket too?? :rofl:
    The venue had MAJOR construction going on all around it and the only parking lot was full by the time we got there.
    The ticket was only $25.. .not even close to what I paid for a space in a garage for the Global Citizen Festival two weeks ago!!

Here you go, Dave:
    photo thumb_zps7gnw4avt.jpg
    Seriously, the ticket is what the cost of what parking would have been anyhow. We all got into the venue on time and were able to enjoy the show. No big deal! My check is sitting in the mail box now. Would have paid it online, but last night's tickets aren't logged in yet!
  • Can anyone confirm that Chris has been hitting the stage around 9pm? I saw the earlier post that mentioned that in Vancouver his opener was on at 8pm and Chris went on at 9pm. I'm going to the Toronto show tonight and want to make sure I'm there on time. Thanks.
    Last night was 8:35 ish.
    Check to see if he has someone opening for him. Last night he did. We didn't make it for the opening person. The ticketed time to start was 7:30. Doors at 6:30.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    two more weeks. I'd love to get Seasons, not going to check the sets though to see how often he's been playing it
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Deadendp and Empty Glass, thank you. The ticket just says 8pm, no time listed for doors or specific show time. I can't find anything more online either so I appreciate your help.
    Can you call the venue to see if he is set for an opening act?
  • I decided to check Hemming's website and she has tonight listed as part of her tour dates with Cornell so I think I now have all the info I need. Thanks again.
    Have a great time!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Got my ticket for Houston! Very excited. I missed this solo tour last time he was here.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Really want to go see him in NYC, but also trying to save $$, and I've seen him before solo....what to do, what to dooooo
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone here is going the the Cornell show at the Beacon and would be willing to do me a favour?

I've got a friend accessibility tickets (I think you call them ADA in the US?) for the show to give her something to look forward to as she has gone through hell since a car accident over 2 1/2 years ago. She's in chronic pain everyday and music is the thing that her through. Sadly the pain is only the tip of the iceberg.

I know she won't have the money to pick up any merch so I wondered if anyone who'll be going early would be willing to pick something up for her and give it to her at the show?

I'll PayPal you the money up front and cover a tee or poster for you as a thank you.

Tom

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    derbydave said:

rr165892 said:

Here you go buddy:
    Thx Dave.Good Stuff
  • Owl JamOwl Jam Posts: 88
    edited October 2015
    Just wondering if anyone has any extras for the Sunday Beacon show or Wilmington, DE?
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Tonight's the night for me!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden

Tonight's the night for me!

Have a GREAT time!!!
    :rock_on:

• StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Massey Hall show was fantastic!!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • derbydave said:

rr165892 said:

Here you go buddy:
    Very nice! Had that been the show print for Seattle I'd have bought one.
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    IamTom said:

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone here is going the the Cornell show at the Beacon and would be willing to do me a favour?

I've got a friend accessibility tickets (I think you call them ADA in the US?) for the show to give her something to look forward to as she has gone through hell since a car accident over 2 1/2 years ago. She's in chronic pain everyday and music is the thing that her through. Sadly the pain is only the tip of the iceberg.

I know she won't have the money to pick up any merch so I wondered if anyone who'll be going early would be willing to pick something up for her and give it to her at the show?

I'll PayPal you the money up front and cover a tee or poster for you as a thank you.

Tom

I'll be at the Beacon for Sunday nights show, which night will she be attending?
    NYPJ
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    wall232 said:

IamTom said:

Hi All,

Tom

I'll be at the Beacon for Sunday nights show, which night will she be attending?
    She's there Monday.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Last night was incredible! It was my first time seeing him and I enjoyed every second. Highlights were River of Deceit, All night thing (love the song so much), rusty cage, blow up the outside world... Honestly when I look at the setlist I think every song was a highlight! I'm loving Higher Truth and those songs sounded so amazing just him and a guitar. He had a rockin cellist Byron Gibson accompany him on a few. Fell on Black Days with cello blew my mind! The only thing that might have been better is if Mike walked out for river of deceit. :wink: now I'm aching to go to the beacon. It's actually closer to home than New Brunswick was but my hubby doesn't find it necessary to do both. I might need to save my multiple concert "credits" for an impending spring tour by another band we all know and love. Tough to miss the beacon though when it's practically within spitting distance. Hope those of you with upcoming shows soak it all in and love it as much as I did!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    Incredible show. ^^

SETLIST-10/12/15-State Theater-New Brunswick, NJ

Before We Disappear
    Can't Change Me
    Moonchild
    The Times They Are A-Changin'
    (Bob Dylan cover)
    As Hope & Promise Fade
    Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart
    Fell on Black Days
    (Soundgarden song)
    Thank You
    (Led Zeppelin cover)
    You Know My Name
    River of Deceit
    (Mad Season cover)
    Doesn't Remind Me
    (Audioslave song)
    Blow Up the Outside World
    (Soundgarden song)
    Let Your Eyes Wander
    All Night Thing
    (Temple of the Dog song)
    To Love Somebody
    (Bee Gees cover)
    When I'm Down
    All Day Long (made up song on stage)
    Worried Moon
    Rusty Cage
    (Soundgarden song)
    Sunshower
    Black Hole Sun
    (Soundgarden song)
    Like a Stone
    (Audioslave song)
    Nothing Compares 2 U
    (Prince cover)
    Hunger Strike
    (Temple of the Dog song)
    Wooden Jesus
    (Temple of the Dog song)
    Seasons
    Josephine
    Higher Truth
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Can't wait til Saturday!
    Have been listening to the new album a lot this week. I'm not loving it, but it is a solid album.
    Really hoping for River of Deceit!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    FrankieG said:

Can't wait til Saturday!
    Really hoping for River of Deceit!

I think you'll get it. Chris praises Mike before he goes into the song, too. I recorded a lot of last nights show. If I knew how to post my videos, I would.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Incredible show. ^^

SETLIST-10/12/15-State Theater-New Brunswick, NJ

Before We Disappear
    Can't Change Me
    Moonchild
    The Times They Are A-Changin'
    (Bob Dylan cover)
    As Hope & Promise Fade
    Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart
    Fell on Black Days
    (Soundgarden song)
    Thank You
    (Led Zeppelin cover)
    You Know My Name
    River of Deceit
    (Mad Season cover)
    Doesn't Remind Me
    (Audioslave song)
    Blow Up the Outside World
    (Soundgarden song)
    Let Your Eyes Wander
    All Night Thing
    (Temple of the Dog song)
    To Love Somebody
    (Bee Gees cover)
    When I'm Down
    All Day Long (made up song on stage)
    Worried Moon
    Rusty Cage
    (Soundgarden song)
    Sunshower
    Black Hole Sun
    (Soundgarden song)
    Like a Stone
    (Audioslave song)
    Nothing Compares 2 U
    (Prince cover)
    Hunger Strike
    (Temple of the Dog song)
    Wooden Jesus
    (Temple of the Dog song)
    Seasons
    Josephine
    Higher Truth

WOW!!

I could handle that set
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    New Brunswick was amazeballs. I can't believe there haven't been more reviews raving about Bryan Gibson. I didn't think it was possible for Chris to elevate his solo shows but the cello just took things to a different stratosphere. Fell on Black Days was unbelievable! Really, Bryan did a fantastic job on all the songs he played on and just brought a different dimension to the show. Chris said that a friend shared with him Bryan's string arrangement for Fell on Black Days which is how he ended up on tour with Chris. That was such a good call by Chris, good for him.

It's been fun to see how comfortable Chris has grown over the last 4 solo acoustic tours I've seen him on. I mean, I never thought he was uncomfortable but he just keeps getting looser and looser and I love the random stuff that he says, and he just seems to really be enjoying the shows and having lots of fun on stage.

Some other tidbits I jotted down (yes I'm a total geek!):
    *He starts talking about how Euphoria Mouring has finally been released on vinyl, and it only took about 15 years. Then he goes on a rant about how "they" should have just released it on vinyl in the first place rather than turning up "their" noses at it, bla bla bla. And then he stops and was like, I probably shouldn't be complaining about this. I assume "they" is the record company?

*Chris introduced You Know My Name by saying it's probably the weirdest thing he's ever done. But he did it because it got him on a list that Paul McCartney was also on. Then he went on to say that he'll be on any list with Paul McCartney, and they probably could have been a list of weird hairtyles from the 70s, because he had really weird hair in the 70s

*He loves NJ because there's no bullshit. Kinda like Australia.

*He was using a microphone/harmonica stand around his neck like Neil Young. He didn't invent it, but he thinks the first person to steal it is almost as much of a genius as the person who invented it. He also said when Soundgarden was touring with Neil Young and he saw Neil walk up to the mic stand and there was no microphone, he was like, yeahhh, someone's going to get fired, and then Neil started singing and his harmonica stand had build in microphones and he was like, that's genius!

*He dedicated River of Deceit to Mike McCready, "one of the best people to make music with"

*I loved that he covered Johnny Cash covering Rusty Cage

*People were yelling out songs, he heard "All Day Long" and did an improv with Bryan. Later on when more people were yelling, he said, what was that third one? Don't make me write another song!

*Someone tweeted Chris before the show to play All Night Thing for her parents who were going to be at the show. It was their wedding song. Chris didn't mention all that stuff but he did play the song because he saw it "on the internet" and that the person requesting wasn't at the show but her parents were. And then he told the parents to bring their daughter home some cigarettes :lol: (so random)

*Hemming was good, but there were points where she was straining her voice trying to do a bit of a growl (I'm not describing this right, I know already :lol:) where she would have sounded better just singing. She came on right at 8 and played for 30 mins. Chris came on at 8:56.

If anyone comes across a recording, please PM! I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to bootleg shows. Shame on me.