Options

Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited August 2015
    Wtf? The Vacouver sale was today at 10 am, but when I went there it's got a notice saying the sale date and time is in the works (i looked at it before and it did have the sale date and time - it just disappeared this morning). So the sale is very sudden on hold (but still showing the show date and venue as usual) with no explanation anywhere and no new date. I have never seen this happen - if others have, what are the usual reasons for this to happen? Venue change? Date change? Show cancellation?

PS - Neil Young tix are fucking expensive. :frowning:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    PJ_Soul said:

Wtf? The Vacouver sale was today at 10 am, but when I went there it's got a notice saying the sale date and time is in the works (i looked at it before and it did have the sale date and time - it just disappeared this morning). So the sale is very sudden on hold (but still showing the show date and venue as usual) with no explanation anywhere and no new date. I have never seen this happen - if others have, what are the usual reasons for this to happen? Venue change? Date change? Show cancellation?

From event info on ticketmaster for Vancouver, BC show....

Due to overwhelming demand, the Neil Young performance at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre will be moved to a larger venue. Details, along with on-sale information, will be available over the next few days
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

PJ_Soul said:

Due to overwhelming demand, the Neil Young performance at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre will be moved to a larger venue. Details, along with on-sale information, will be available over the next few days
    I did not see that anywhere (maybe because of mobile version??), so thank you!! And this is exactly what I was hoping for!!! The orginal venue is horrible, and i actually wasn't even sure I was going to pull the trigger if i scored a seat because of the terrible venue and it's sound probs. So I'm going to guess (or hope at least) that he's moving to Roger's area, which would be so amazing! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2015
    SOLD
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687

Ended up with extra tickets for Neil Young at the Greek on 10/17/15. Face value of course.

GA Pit Tickets - $215/pair

They are e-tickets. I can accept payment by check, PayPal, or Chase QuickPay.

Thanks.

Oh so tempting! Only the first time I saw Neil it was free (I ran the main spot light on Neil with Buffalo Springfield at my high school) and the next time I saw Neil tickets were $3.50 (CSNY, Winterland). And the last time I heard Neil (and Crazy Horse) live was sitting in a tree next to Shoreline in Mountain View in around 1996.

Just can't afford them this time around. But who am I to complain, LOL!?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    brianlux said:

Ended up with extra tickets for Neil Young at the Greek on 10/17/15. Face value of course.

Thanks.

Oh so tempting! Only the first time I saw Neil it was free (I ran the main spot light on Neil with Buffalo Springfield at my high school) and the next time I saw Neil tickets were $3.50 (CSNY, Winterland). And the last time I heard Neil (and Crazy Horse) live was sitting in a tree next to Shoreline in Mountain View in around 1996.

If you REALLY want to go...
    check into lawn seats!!
    We got a 4-pack of tickets for $100 for the Cincinnati show!!
    Had a GREAT time hanging out in the cheap seats :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

brianlux said:

Thanks.

If you REALLY want to go...
    check into lawn seats!!
    We got a 4-pack of tickets for $100 for the Cincinnati show!!
    Had a GREAT time hanging out in the cheap seats :rock_on:
    Lawn tickets at Berkeley Greek running $49.50. Not bad, might have to consider it!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    PJ_Soul said:

Hobbes said:

PJ_Soul said:

I did not see that anywhere (maybe because of mobile version??), so thank you!! And this is exactly what I was hoping for!!! The orginal venue is horrible, and i actually wasn't even sure I was going to pull the trigger if i scored a seat because of the terrible venue and it's sound probs. So I'm going to guess (or hope at least) that he's moving to Roger's area, which would be so amazing! :)
    That's hilarious.....
    I remember you saying that it was a terrible venue..
    I am happy for you!!!!
    good luck with scoring tickets.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Looks like a Vegas show was added. Tickets for that go on sale Fri.

Still no update on the Vancouver, BC show. :i_dunno:

Anybody else score seats for the Portland show? :smiley:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Vancouver show moved to Rogers Arena (whoo!), presale is tomorrow, 10am Pacific. General sale on the 31st. The price range is MUCH more reasonable than it was at the QE. Went from $100 - $260, to $50 - $170. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Vancouver show moved to Rogers Arena (whoo!), presale is tomorrow, 10am Pacific. General sale on the 31st. The price range is MUCH more reasonable than it was at the QE. Went from $100 - $260, to $50 - $170. :)

Excellent!! Good luck. :plus_one:
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

PJ_Soul said:

Got a ticket in the tiny GA pit!!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Hobbes said:

PJ_Soul said:

Nice! :clap:

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    PJ_Soul said:

Hobbes said:

PJ_Soul said:

No MOSHING OR CROWD SURFING, now, PJ_Soul

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hobbes said:

PJ_Soul said:

No MOSHING OR CROWD SURFING, now, PJ_Soul
    :frowning:
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945
    My wife kindly bought me Massey Hall on vinyl as an anniversary present...it's easily now in my top three records that I own. Brilliant performance, sound quality and package, couldn't be happier with it!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    If anyone happens to have any extras/knows of any extras to the Eugene, OR show, please let me know. My cousin is looking for a ticket.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    ^^ Is it sold out? For the Vancouver show they moved it to a bigger venue, and now there are still an embarrassing number of tickets available for next Monday's show. I really hope a lot of people are just waiting until the last minute, because it will be pretty lame if that many seats are empty.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I'm watching his Heart of Gold concert film on Showtime streaming now. It expires at month's end so I though I'd watch it immediately. Love the touching intro to Here For You.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    PJ_Soul said:

^^ Is it sold out? For the Vancouver show they moved it to a bigger venue, and now there are still an embarrassing number of tickets available for next Monday's show. I really hope a lot of people are just waiting until the last minute, because it will be pretty lame if that many seats are empty.

He said it was when I talked to him last, but just went on the ticket website, and looks like there are tickets still available, in some of the price ranges. Looks like the cheapest tickets are sold out, but the 2nd cheapest are still available. I hope that's in his price range and that he gets to go! He lives abroad, and not many concerts come to his country. So hopefully he gets to check out lots of awesome concerts while he's living in the US!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Stoked for Seattle!

I have extra GA pit tickets for Seattle on Sunday.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    One week til the Portland show! :triumph:
  • Options
    Looking forward to hear about those shows from you fine folks in the great northwest. :smile:

• Options
    brianlux said:

Looking forward to hear about those shows from you fine folks in the great northwest. :smile:

Or the great southwest, in my case. ;)
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Or the great southwest, in my case. ;)
    Well played ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Well that show was amazing! Was very cool having the center rail (and it was nice to be able to have that by showing up only 10 minutes before doors) - it felt really intimate with that spot. I am VERY impressed with Promise of the Real. I enjoyed the band so much, and I love to see Neil mentoring these super young guys; they must be mind-blown about playing and writing with Neil Young at that age. And Neil really did seem like a great mentor. You could see him encouraging them, and you could see them studying him while they are performing, always trying to learn from him (one of them in Willy Nelson's grandson btw, if it hasn't already been mentioned). It was super cool. And some of the jams they pulled off were so fucking incredible - I was absolutely mesmerized. I especially loved what they did with Love And Only Love - the last jam of the main set - it was insanely cool.
    Neil is still on top of his game to say the least. It was even better than I expected.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810
    PJ_Soul said:

Well that show was amazing! Was very cool having the center rail (and it was nice to be able to have that by showing up only 10 minutes before doors) - it felt really intimate with that spot. I am VERY impressed with Promise of the Real. I enjoyed the band so much, and I love to see Neil mentoring these super young guys; they must be mind-blown about playing and writing with Neil Young at that age. And Neil really did seem like a great mentor. You could see him encouraging them, and you could see them studying him while they are performing, always trying to learn from him (one of them in Willy Nelson's grandson btw, if it hasn't already been mentioned). It was super cool. And some of the jams they pulled off were so fucking incredible - I was absolutely mesmerized. I especially loved what they did with Love And Only Love - the last jam of the main set - it was insanely cool.
    Neil is still on top of his game to say the least. It was even better than I expected.

Nice! All the times I saw NY I was in the last or second last row of the building hahaha.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

Nice! All the times I saw NY I was in the last or second last row of the building hahaha.
    Yeah, I was surprised there weren't more people waiting to get that rail, but was very happy there weren't! :) The girl next to me got the harmonica he was playing and then threw at the crowd... I was a little sad I didn't get it, but there was a dog fight for it, and I don't do that, lol. And of course, there was a requisite awful, horrible, obnoxious drunk chick who tried to come in late and squeeze onto the rail. When she was denied by us, and she started swearing and bitching and yelling about how it was bullshit, etc. I thought I was going to get into a fist fight for a second, hahaha ... there is always one! :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Excellent! Neil Young is old but it looks like old is the New Young, haha.