https://youtu.be/_gyOYf7_wns
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    goldrush said:
    Picked up the Harvest Moon reissue this morning. It's a double vinyl issue, with the tracks split across 3 sides.
    Side 4 is an etching of the album cover.

Sounds pretty sweet so far!
    Is this a RSD only release, how limited is it and how hard us it to find? Not trying to pay flippers
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited November 2017
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:
    Picked up the Harvest Moon reissue this morning. It's a double vinyl issue, with the tracks split across 3 sides.

Is this a RSD only release, how limited is it and how hard us it to find? Not trying to pay flippers
    5000 released, so shouldn't be overly hard, but it's not on any mainstream websites to buy online. I think this will need to be a discogs or ebay purchase for those of us who aren't finding it in a record store. That is my impression after searching around online about it, anyway.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

5000 released, so shouldn't be overly hard, but it's not on any mainstream websites to buy online. I think this will need to be a discogs or ebay purchase for those of us who aren't finding it in a record store. That is my impression after searching around online about it, anyway.

I thought it was just limited release for RSD and then would be in print a little later down the road.

if this is limited to 5000 then I need to get this today. Thanks for the heads up.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    edited November 2017
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

I thought it was just limited release for RSD and then would be in print a little later down the road.

if this is limited to 5000 then I need to get this today. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh, well, don't take my word for it in that context, lol. I haven't read anywhere that there are plans for a wider release later, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I might just not have landed on that information during my search. I suppose better safe than sorry? But it's certainly possible that there are plans down the road for a big release, just because that happens sometimes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Tonight's the Night (1975). Following the death of Crazy Horse member Danny Whitten and roadie Bruce Berry Neil Young recorded this raw and painfully personal record - even including a note saying sorry to the listener for its personal nature. There's pretty much no production to separate Neil from me, and maybe that has a part in why I don't revisit the album that often. It sounds in part like demos in all the crudeness and Neils voice shifting in volume. Even though there are really great songs on it, e.g. World on a string, Borrowed tune and Tired Eyes.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Zuma (1975). Great album with one of Youngs worst album covers. Cortez the Killer being the most iconic song on the album. Have a weakspot for Stupid girl and Dont cry no tears.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

American Stars 'n Bars (1977). One of the greatest album covers of all time. Hold back the tears, Will to Love and Like a Hurricane are great and Bite the Bullet is fun. Feels more like a collection of songs than an album though.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

Oh, well, don't take my word for it in that context, lol. I haven't read anywhere that there are plans for a wider release later, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I might just not have landed on that information during my search. I suppose better safe than sorry? But it's certainly possible that there are plans down the road for a big release, just because that happens sometimes.

right on...RSD website says that it is a RSD "First" release limited to 5k copies. no more info. so it might come out again next month or in 2 years. doesn't really say. oh well. I am checking my local shop today for it and the Poncier EP.

http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/9841

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

right on...RSD website says that it is a RSD "First" release limited to 5k copies. no more info. so it might come out again next month or in 2 years. doesn't really say. oh well. I am checking my local shop today for it and the Poncier EP.

Ah ha. See, I didn't even notice that! Yeah, I would take that to mean it will be widely released, so thanks for the info, lol. But indeed, it could be a while.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

Ah ha. See, I didn't even notice that! Yeah, I would take that to mean it will be widely released, so thanks for the info, lol. But indeed, it could be a while.
    It's Harvest Moon. Just get it.

:)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

The timing of black Friday RSD is just bad - with Xmas coming up, I don't have extra bucks for records!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

The timing of black Friday RSD is just bad - with Xmas coming up, I don't have extra bucks for records!

:P 
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    See I thought it was just supposed to be a RSD First release as well, but it came with a "RSD Exclusive" sticker on the front.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    The 'Decade' 3 LP reissue also had a "Record Store Day Exclusive" sticker but I think that's available pretty much everywhere now.

Gotta agree with this though...

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    It looks like Neil's 'secret ' show on Friday is going to be in Omemee. It's still not confirmed (apparently there are a few locations booked out to try to keep it as secret as possible) but this is the closest we've got so far.

https://kawarthanow.com/2017/11/27/neil-young-is-performing-in-omemee/

The concert will be live streamed on Friday, December 1st at 8 p.m. in Canada on CTV.ca and iHeartRadio’s Secret Sessions, and worldwide on Facebook. “Somewhere In Canada” is being produced by Bell Media in partnership with Young’s film production company Shakey Pictures, and will be directed by actress Daryl Hannah.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    It looks like Neil's 'secret ' show on Friday is going to be in Omemee. It's still not confirmed (apparently there are a few locations booked out to try to keep it as secret as possible) but this is the closest we've got so far.

The concert will be live streamed on Friday, December 1st at 8 p.m. in Canada on CTV.ca and iHeartRadio’s Secret Sessions, and worldwide on Facebook. “Somewhere In Canada” is being produced by Bell Media in partnership with Young’s film production company Shakey Pictures, and will be directed by actress Daryl Hannah.
    Was David Corsby right all along... who knows... 

Wonder if it would have been Demme if he was still alive.
  • Options
    yanknuckyanknuck Peterborough, ON Posts: 57
    goldrush said:

Kinda where I figured it would be. Very cool to be in Omemee on Friday night, although I'm sure it will be a zoo trying to get anywhere near it. As much as I would love to go, I'm sure it will be a family/friends kinda deal. I'm sure Ronnie Hawkins will be in attendance, as well as members of Blue Rodeo. I think I'll opt for casting it to my big screen with a beverage or two. Should be a hoot. 
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    The 'Decade' 3 LP reissue also had a "Record Store Day Exclusive" sticker but I think that's available pretty much everywhere now.

Gotta agree with this though...

I checked my local store. they were sold out. I figured as much. the RSD selections were pretty picked over. No NY, no Poncier EP. my girl bought a Janis Joplin album. I will have to wait or search it out on Discogs/Ebay.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    For those worried about the upcoming auction, we should keep in mind that this is but a fraction of what Neil has collected over the years, at least with regards to the music side of things. Not a single vintage Fender Deluxe up for auction, and we know he has 40-50 of these alone. I just wish I had the scratch to pick up a Marshall head, stack or Fender amp that belonged to Neil... maybe that White Falcon.
  • Options

Comes a Time (1978). Had a teacher who claimed this was the best Neil Young album. Was surprised by that at first, but has since realised that opinion having weight. Flawless album. Love the warmth of it. 

• Options

Rust never sleeps (1979). Carved out of live recordings with only two of the songs being purely recorded in the studio. Makes it being a studio album or not debatable. Contains many of Neils most famous (and excellent) songs; Powderfinger, Hey hey my my and Pocahontas. Trasher and Sail Away are excellent and I have always had a weak spot for the punky Sedan Delivery.
  • Options
    So I guess this will stream on Neils Facebook page?
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Yep, I think that's been confirmed.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    my2hands said:
    Good thing the gf has Facebook lol
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    my2hands said:
    When?
  • Options

Hawks & Doves (1980). The 80s came and it feels like Young needed to clean house and release what he had left laying around. It sure sounds like Neil Young tunes but they don't grab me like pretty much every song of his from the 70s do. Weird.
  • Options

Re·ac·tor (1981). The starting point of Neils weird period. And a clean cut from his earlier sound. The album has great and catchy songs. Opera Star and Shots are standouts. Remove the song T-Bone and you have a four star album.
  • Options
    A very good Neil day today. Picked up The Visitor this morning, listened to it most of the day in work. The Archives are due to open later tonight and the Somewhere in Canada show will be on as well.

To top it all off this bad boy arrived in the mail...

It's an interesting record. Not exactly an essential Neil release, but the collector in me is very happy to finally get a good quality copy for a decent price.

Taken from good old Wiki...

“The film was scored by Neil Young, who sings the opening theme, "Home on the Range", accompanied by a harmonica. Variations on "Home on the Range" are played by Young on electric guitar as "Ode to Wild Bill" and by an orchestra with arrangements by David Blumberg on "Buffalo Stomp". Music in the film included rock and R&B songs by Jimi HendrixBob DylanThe Temptations, the Four Tops and Creedence Clearwater Revival. Additionally, characters played by Bill Murray and René Auberjonois sing lyrics from "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".

Because of the high cost of music licensing, most VHS and all DVD releases have retained only the Neil Young score and the Creedence song, "Keep on Chooglin'", with the rest of the music replaced by generic approximations of the original songs. Only the theatrical release and early VHS releases contained the songs found on the soundtrack. The choice of songs for the DVD version was somewhat anachronistic, since it featured 1980s-style songs in a 1960s and 1970s setting.

The soundtrack album was released by Backstreet Records in 1980 as a vinyl LP and included pieces of dialogue from the film. It has not been re-issued on CD

1."Buffalo Stomp"Neil Young with the Wild Bill Band of Strings3:10
    2."Ode to Wild Bill #1"Neil Young0:48
    3."All Along the Watchtower"The Jimi Hendrix Experience3:58
    4."Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"Bill Murray1:24
    5."Ode to Wild Bill #2"Neil Young1:01
    6."Papa Was a Rollin' Stone"The Temptations6:59
    7."Home, Home on the Range"Neil Young1:44
    8."Straight Answers" (dialogue)Bill Murray0:21
    9."Highway 61 Revisited"Bob Dylan3:21
    10."I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)"Four Tops2:43
    11."Ode to Wild Bill #3"Neil Young0:40
    12."Keep on Chooglin'"Creedence Clearwater Revival7:39