Options

The LOVE Of The Band RUSH

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    BinFrog said:

imalive said:

Saw them last night. Stellar show for sure but not my favorite setlist.

that said, anytime they close with Working Man is alright by me. I still say PJ ought to cover that tune!

Yikes. The setlists on this tour are about as good as it gets...

well, even tho I've been listening to them since day one some of the herky jerky freeform stuff is not really my cup of tea. still, a great show.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    *slowly backs away*
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options

BinFrog said:

imalive said:

Saw them last night. Stellar show for sure but not my favorite setlist.

that said, anytime they close with Working Man is alright by me. I still say PJ ought to cover that tune!

That would be a great cover.
    For years I have been saying Limelight would be a sick cover. Ed could nail it, and Mike would OWN the solo.

Agreed. After thinking about it, there are a few Rush songs PJ could cover very well.

How much fun would Matt Cameron have?
    You know he played drums on Geddy's solo album, right?
    Did not know this- thanks!

I meant for Cameron to beat down on his drums 'playing' Neil Peart. Is it humanly possible for a person not to air band a drum roll to Tom Sawyer? Any section of it for that matter?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited July 2015

^Nice!!

• Options
    And while we're at it:

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Getting ready to head out to the show! Row 14 in the middle.
    Greatest Canadian Rock band ever.... By a mile (1.6 Kms) :grin:
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

And while we're at it:

Pretty cool.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    :rock_on:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    One of my favourite rock 'n' roll stories of all-time was when Lifeson got arrested with his son and daughter-in-law at a Ritz-Carlton in Florida on New Year's Eve 2003.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

Theres a Huge RUSH fan on todays episode of Jeopardy, she has a pair of Neil Pearts drum sticks as a good luck charm. She also wagered $2112 on double Jeopardy....... Pretty Cool!

I'm jealous of her sticks I'd have them insured. Lol

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    g under p said:

Theres a Huge RUSH fan on todays episode of Jeopardy, she has a pair of Neil Pearts drum sticks as a good luck charm. She also wagered $2112 on double Jeopardy.......

Hilarious!!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/16/toronto-rock-legends-rush-destroy-calgarys-saddledome-in-stellar-wednesday-evening-show

Show last night was awesome. Got 5 hours sleep and was smiling and in a good mood all day at work.
    The boys can really rock, what talent
  • Options
    Nice!
  • Options
    Sarah said:

g under p said:

Theres a Huge RUSH fan on todays episode of Jeopardy, she has a pair of Neil Pearts drum sticks as a good luck charm. She also wagered $2112 on double Jeopardy.......

Hilarious!!
    She pulled off a come-from-behind win today! Yeah! You go, Jennifer!

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    RUSH through THE Camera Eye.....

Peace

• Options

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2015

• Options

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,832
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Got my VIP package in the mail yesterday. The wooden guitar picks in the faux-ring box is kick ass
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Happy birthday to the best Jewish bassist alive.
  • Options
    The final massive tour show is on Saturday in LA, that should one hell of a show like
    ALL THE OTHERS!

Peace

• Options
    They hit the stage @ 7:30 Pacific.....ALL FREAKY PEOPLE MAKE THE BEAUTY OF THE WORLD....and they will out & about at this show tonight!

Peace

• Options

Found this You Tube video of Working Man from the show, nice to see Alex, Geddy and Neil together at the end of the show.

http://youtu.be/KOWBLOuLIDU

After watching this I tearing once again. For those who were there at the finally it must have been an overwhelming feeling. There were a few it was their FIRST EVER SHOW!

Peace

• Options
    g under p said:

Found this You Tube video of Working Man from the show, nice to see Alex, Geddy and Neil together at the end of the show.

http://youtu.be/KOWBLOuLIDU

After watching this I tearing once again. For those who were there at the finally it must have been an overwhelming feeling. There were a few it was their FIRST EVER SHOW!

Peace

Someone just linked to that on ctpts and I checked it out.

Not gonna lie...I teared up.

• Options
    WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    I cannot believe it's over. I just don't even know what to say - I've been listening to Rush and going to shows for 30 years... and I'm 42. Nearly 3/4 of my life.
  • Options
    I hear you. They've been a staple in my life since I was 14.

But here's the thing: for me it's not the end of Rush. It's the end of Rush as we know them, but they will continue to be a force in my little world. The concerts may be over, and new music may never come our way again...but Rush will always be Rush. Nobody can take away the behemoth that is the 40 years of their existence.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I was on rushisaband.com today and I saw a quote they featured from Eddie Trunk's interview with Alex Lifeson about 3 weeks ago

I think in my gut that this is probably the last major tour that we'll do. I'd like to think that we'll do specialty gigs, maybe a week in New York or something like that. But we haven't even discussed that. We just want to get through this tour and see where we're at. We want to discuss whether we want to make another record anytime soon. ... Whatever this tour is, it's not the end of the band. It's just kind of reviewing where we're at in terms of major tours. ... Whatever it is - if it is the end of touring - I feel good that we're at least playing as well as we are, that we've developed a show that's really quite something in terms of our historical story and it's nice to go out on a note like that.

A few words from the song Prime Mover....

From the point of ignition
    To the final drive
    The point of a journey
    Is not to arrive

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN....!

.....at this point they can do any DAMN thing they want and I would be happy with whatever that decision is going to be.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on