Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Global Citizen Festival

Comments

• Options
    spinchikspinchik Posts: 56
    still trying.....i will go to great lengths to see this band!!!!! have since 1997!!!!
    "we are Given To Fly using Parachutes to Breakerfall landing on the Marker In The Sand. we are just Driftin down the Long Road of life for Nothings As It Seems, it's a roll of Gods' Dice and in the end we all Go into Thin Air. so Smile when you are Down - You Are your own Pilate in life; Release the Leash and don't regret a Life Wasted, live in the Present Tense, and Hold On for you will Soon Forget the Insignificance of it all."
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 456
    Anyone ever go to one of these and sit in the VIP sections? Anyone know approx. how many people are in each VIP section?
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options

a fight between beyonce and pearl jam lol. but they are first listed and the announcement does say headliner so. i kinda want PJ to go before beyonce so i don't have to see her..

I just don't get this... when I saw The Who back in the day, I saw people leaving after The Clash... how does one not stay to check out The Who? Granted, Beyonce is no Who, but you paid the freight... why not have an open mind and check out a legend? I was at the GCF 2 years ago to catch Stevie, and I was impressed by Alicia Keys, Mayer and KOL, all of whom I never would have gone to see otherwise.
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    rdeal1999rdeal1999 Posts: 21
    zero luck getting a ticket in this ticketmaster crap show but good luck keeping me out of central park that day
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,855
    BeerBaron said:

I had literally one date booked for all of 2015.... September 26th....

Me too :(

Misery loves company haha
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

yellowwho said:

It's funny how Pearl Jam seems to get no respect sometimes. After all, they ARE The headliners for this festival, and I've read multiple articles that have listed them last and of course listed Beyoncé as the headlining act. I know... of course she's more popular, but give credit where credits due ! not a big deal, just had to get it off my chest. Pearl Jam is headlining, thank you Internet article writers !!!

Kanye?
    That went over my head !
  • Options
    gdbear71gdbear71 Posts: 21
    Keep trying, it's a pain but just got in vip2 w/ code @ $250
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507

a fight between beyonce and pearl jam lol. but they are first listed and the announcement does say headliner so. i kinda want PJ to go before beyonce so i don't have to see her..

I just don't get this... when I saw The Who back in the day, I saw people leaving after The Clash... how does one not stay to check out The Who? Granted, Beyonce is no Who, but you paid the freight... why not have an open mind and check out a legend? I was at the GCF 2 years ago to catch Stevie, and I was impressed by Alicia Keys, Mayer and KOL, all of whom I never would have gone to see otherwise.
    i'm sorry that i'm not really interested in seeing her? lol. i liked her as a kid but music tastes change. i'm sure she'll be great but i'd rather see pj. sheesh. sure it's going to be a great festival though.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    AG280962AG280962 Posts: 66
    Beyonce's set is my bathroom break
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    AG280962 said:

that. LOL. rather see coldplay and check out ed sheeran. never heard any of his stuff and i hear he's great.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    gdbear71 said:

$250? I'm just seeing $175 & $150 for sections 2 & 3...which are of course 'unavailable'
    if hope could grow from dirt like me
  • Options
    got 2 VIP2 tickets @250.... got them around 10:45 which was a surprise. I would keep trying, looks to me like they are releasing tickets on the platinum option but the prices seem to have sky rocketed !
  • Options
    davemandaveman Posts: 2
    Is it sold out? "unavailable" :(
  • Options
    gdbear71gdbear71 Posts: 21

gdbear71 said:

$250? I'm just seeing $175 & $150 for sections 2 & 3...which are of course 'unavailable'
    That is what is said for me too on those prices, but once the payment screen comes up it is instantly higher...

that high quality global initiative lanyard the VIP's will get is a true collectable well worth the extra $75 a ticket ;)

• Options
    Platinum is $5K
    if hope could grow from dirt like me
  • Options
    yellowwho said:

yellowwho said:

It's funny how Pearl Jam seems to get no respect sometimes. After all, they ARE The headliners for this festival, and I've read multiple articles that have listed them last and of course listed Beyoncé as the headlining act. I know... of course she's more popular, but give credit where credits due ! not a big deal, just had to get it off my chest. Pearl Jam is headlining, thank you Internet article writers !!!

Kanye?
    That went over my head !
    Just joshing ya! It sounded like something Kanye would of said in reverse. He loves defending Beyonce.

But aside from that and for realz.. there is a really good chance that Beyonce comes on last. Everyone is assuming PJ is last. Could go either way. She's a big deal to a lot of people with lots of grammys etc.
  • Options

AG280962 said:

that. LOL. rather see coldplay and check out ed sheeran. never heard any of his stuff and i hear he's great.
    Don't have much interest in the other acts ,but I think I will be able to tolerate them(although Chris Martin was pretty fun at the 12.12.12 concert) and Ed Sheeran is a ginger version of John Mayer(which I like).

Considering you get a t-shirt(i think) and a poster,which would cost $50,which makes it $125.00 to see PJ-Not a bad deal at all

• Options
    Saw Coldplay at the Beacon a year ago... wasn't a big fan, but it was a killer show. Had to take kids to T-Swift, and Sheeran was pretty good for a mellow acoustic set to open. Will be a good day.
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    spinchikspinchik Posts: 56
    just got one!!! 11;27am VIP2 $250 don't know why the price went up but $75 though:(
    "we are Given To Fly using Parachutes to Breakerfall landing on the Marker In The Sand. we are just Driftin down the Long Road of life for Nothings As It Seems, it's a roll of Gods' Dice and in the end we all Go into Thin Air. so Smile when you are Down - You Are your own Pilate in life; Release the Leash and don't regret a Life Wasted, live in the Present Tense, and Hold On for you will Soon Forget the Insignificance of it all."
  • Options
    i'm so absolutely gutted I wasn't able to get VIP tickets. I went through something really difficult and this was going to be one of my ways to get through it--to get to see Pearl Jam and hopefully from somewhere relatively close. Now my only hope is to get the General Admission tickets and watch on the screens. I'm so sad. :-(
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I just checked stub hub to see what the market looks like, and there is a notice that says
    "stubhub will not be selling tickets to this event"
    Very cool!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

i'm so absolutely gutted I wasn't able to get VIP tickets. I went through something really difficult and this was going to be one of my ways to get through it--to get to see Pearl Jam and hopefully from somewhere relatively close. Now my only hope is to get the General Admission tickets and watch on the screens. I'm so sad. :-(

Don't worry, there will be tickets floating around this board as the show gets closer
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

I just checked stub hub to see what the market looks like, and there is a notice that says
    "stubhub will not be selling tickets to this event"
    Very cool!

They are not doing this due the goodness of their hearts . Until last year when they were ordered to take them off their site(E-bay as well) they sold them and of course got a cut of the profit .

I don't know why the enemy(Ticketmaster) is allowed to offer "prime" tickets from scalpers
  • Options
    brunobellbrunobell Posts: 72
    It looks like the released more blocks every 15 mins, at a higher price. I ended up getting a pair when they first launched using my 10C code. Then my buddy got them at 10:15, at $175 each. Then I saw at 10:31 it go up to $250.
    2006 Toronto II
    2008 Toronto II (EV)
    2009 Toronto
    2010 Cleveland, Buffalo,
    2011 Detroit (EV), East Troy I and II, Montreal, Toronto I and II, Hamilton
    2012 Philadelphia
  • Options
    Anyone looking to transfer their tickets to me for face.. please message me. :)
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886

If you still don't have a ticket around the beginning of September, message me. I pulled a single VIP 3. But would much rather end up in the rabble with one of the freebies.
  • Options
    AlaG said:

If you still don't have a ticket around the beginning of September, message me. I pulled a single VIP 3. But would much rather end up in the rabble with one of the freebies.
    Thank you sir.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    What the hell? They released more at a higher price? I gave up after 25 minutes because I had to leave. I'm just hoping for free tickets now, got my first entry in.
  • Options
    mp0213mp0213 Posts: 16
    Anyone ever done VIP for one of these shows? Curious to hear whether its worth it?
  • Options
    Louied825Louied825 Posts: 132
    does VIP 2 or 3 at least have the option to buy alcohol? and about how many people per VIP section?
    Louie