Comments

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    paulonious wrote: »
    Godfather. wrote: »
    mickeyrat wrote: »
    oki-doki fellas I get it....I would want to offend anyone.

Godfather.

No dude. It was right to be posted here. Since I now have come to see it as free speech as is the thread subtopic I believe.

So are you now saying you wont stand for free speech?

I believe in free speach for everyone in fact it's one of the great things I love about America...well free speach as much we have anyway some places in the world are very restricted in that area but I just didn't want to keep rocking the boat or train as it were, free speach is limited on the train as well with the MODS rules of engaugement and the sencetivity of some members on different topics I feel that in some cases we are bound to censorship under the disguise of politeness, we all enjoy the opertunity to share our opinions here on the train and get feed back from one another but posting our real deep down feelings on different topics is a no no if they offend others, there are some topics that offend me but the right of free speach and the right to believe as one will is also important to me.
    and by the way thank you for your post.

Godfather.

free speech is not limited on the train. disrespectful speech is.

you can state your opinion on any matter as long as it is done in a respectful way. you don't always do that, with your "let's wipe them all out" comments regarding Muslims. being offended by stuff like that is not being defensive. saying stuff like that is being outright bigoted.

another example: there is no issue with saying homosexuality is against your personal beliefs. saying "what they do makes me want to vomit", as you have also done, is not in keeping with respectful debate.

and on the flip side, someone saying "I don't believe in god" is respectful. saying "anyone who believes in god is a fucktard" is not.

so FREE speach is limited then.....and what a memory you have ! you must remember other posts by members of the train that included members of my family then....right ? that must fall under the "is not" catigory of your post.

Godfather.

I remember incredibly racist and bigoted and Hitler-like posts, yes. I have zero idea what you are talking about with your family comment.

it wassn't you, I just asked if you remember it since you remember so much of what I post but I think you pick and choose what you remember about my posts but that's o.k. ..if I said it I own it no problem .

Godfather.

benjs wrote: »
    welllllll.......it seems I am the only one here who has the balls to say what is on his mind..ohhh myyyy
    people think things but are afraid to say them because they don't want to upset the the norm or they let fear point thier way and if that's what people want then cool but I don't.

Godfather.

I always find it funny that someone assumes just because they say something offensive, this then means they are the only ones with "balls to say what is on his mind". Bullshit. Most, if not all, people here say what is on their minds. They just don't share the same bigoted opinions as you.

that's not balls, GF. that's something else entirely.

Us Jews would call it Chutzpah (audacity, or nerve).

I could wear a swastika draped around my shoulders, or a KKK robe to work. Because I don't, do I lack balls and the patriotism to stand up for "freedom of expression"? No. I just choose to show some basic respect where it's due.

Godfather, how many times have people here proposed that you ought to stop making outrageous and vile blanket statements about groups of people, going as far as condoning murder because some wolves amongst the sheep are inherently evil. Your response is always the same - that you are exerting your right to speak freely in your opinions of what to do next, and how the world got to this place. Frankly, I think you've lost your perspective and humanity. On this particular topic, I believe you've forgotten that ignoring the death of innocents to destroy that which you consider evil is exactly what ISIL (and the other groups you claim to loathe) do regularly.

", I think you've lost your perspective and humanity." that could be, I am very angery about the whole thing with terrorism and maybe guys like B.B are good people and I'm sure they are but with all that has happened in the US and around the world many people are not trusting ..not just me and thats why HFD calls me a nazzi.......hahahaha fuck if you guys only knew, Im as far from that as anybody here but Im also honest with myself.

Godfather.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Godfather.

No dude. It was right to be posted here. Since I now have come to see it as free speech as is the thread subtopic I believe.

I believe in free speach for everyone in fact it's one of the great things I love about America...well free speach as much we have anyway some places in the world are very restricted in that area but I just didn't want to keep rocking the boat or train as it were, free speach is limited on the train as well with the MODS rules of engaugement and the sencetivity of some members on different topics I feel that in some cases we are bound to censorship under the disguise of politeness, we all enjoy the opertunity to share our opinions here on the train and get feed back from one another but posting our real deep down feelings on different topics is a no no if they offend others, there are some topics that offend me but the right of free speach and the right to believe as one will is also important to me.

Godfather.

you can state your opinion on any matter as long as it is done in a respectful way. you don't always do that, with your "let's wipe them all out" comments regarding Muslims. being offended by stuff like that is not being defensive. saying stuff like that is being outright bigoted.

another example: there is no issue with saying homosexuality is against your personal beliefs. saying "what they do makes me want to vomit", as you have also done, is not in keeping with respectful debate.

and on the flip side, someone saying "I don't believe in god" is respectful. saying "anyone who believes in god is a fucktard" is not.

so FREE speach is limited then.....and what a memory you have ! you must remember other posts by members of the train that included members of my family then....right ? that must fall under the "is not" catigory of your post.

Godfather.

I remember incredibly racist and bigoted and Hitler-like posts, yes. I have zero idea what you are talking about with your family comment.

it wassn't you, I just asked if you remember it since you remember so much of what I post but I think you pick and choose what you remember about my posts but that's o.k. ..if I said it I own it no problem .

Godfather.

I remember posts by ANYONE, not just you, when they are that extreme. and I call out EVERYONE who makes such statements, not just you.

I didn't call you a nazi. I said posts of eradicating an entire race/culture is reminiscent of Hitler.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Why does media think it's OK to show a man burning alive without warning?

I would have at least tried to tackle one of those guys with a machine gun the first chance I got and sure as shit would never surrender to them.

I was really hoping that another group of assholes would never emerge to give the Nazi's a run for the money. But these assholes are on their way there.
    Jason P wrote: »

I would have at least tried to tackle one of those guys with a machine gun the first chance I got and sure as shit would never surrender to them.

I was really hoping that another group of assholes would never emerge to give the Nazi's a run for the money. But these assholes are on their way there.

where was a man burning alive shown? I never saw or even heard about that.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I remember posts by ANYONE, not just you, when they are that extreme. and I call out EVERYONE who makes such statements, not just you.

I didn't call you a nazi. I said posts of eradicating an entire race/culture is reminiscent of Hitler.

hahhahhah don't ya just hate when someone adds words to a statement you may have made.

Godfather.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Well then,Looks like the Jordanians are about to go all Chuck Bronson on IsIs.I think this is a very good thing,although that poor pilot.Man o man.That was twisted shit.

where was a man burning alive shown? I never saw or even heard about that.

Gawker.com, a popular liberal website posted gruesome photos with little warning. Foxnews shows a picture on their main page with the ignition starting photo. Two ends of the political spectrum, although gawker has the photos that haunt me. Game of Thones type imigary that should carry a warning and a link if you are a demented person searching such imigary out.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited February 2015
    What's crazy is that syria has been telling Washington to tell turkey-close the border and syria will get rid of Isis in 3 days. I wonder why Washington won't make the call.
    badbrains wrote: »
    What's crazy is that syria has been telling Washington to tell turkey-close the border and syria will get rid of Isis in 3 days. I wonder why Washington won't make the call.
    Reason number one ..,

18k014b506c42jpg.jpg
    I'm sure McCain can be reason #1 as well Jason.

I need to see some photos of Sugar Cain with some boobies. How can I make a subjective analysis without boobies? It's just good science.

I need to see some photos of Sugar Cain with some boobies. How can I make a subjective analysis without boobies? It's just good science.

HAHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.......agreed.

Godfather.

G O O G L E

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

hahhahhah don't ya just hate when someone adds words to a statement you may have made.

Godfather.

the difference is, GF, you actually did say "wipe them all out" on more than one occasion.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    Very easy to get caught up in the heat of a moment following news like yesterdays.

Perhaps Godfathers thoughts on 'wiping them all out' mean wiping out the entire group of IS militants and not the billion plus muslims in the world. But then Im pretty sure that wouldn't be a contentious point....I cant imagine there's one amongst us who doesn't want to see them obliterated beyond recognition. Some of the atrocities they have committed are absolutely horrendous, and cleary as far removed from their faith as possible.

I for one hope that Jordan stands up at this point, rallies its neighbours and they take them on head on. IS clearly want a war with the west - no doubt a dirty war....but we all know that the prefect solution would be for the armies of the middle eastern countries to do the job without the west. Then and only then when they are finished, will there be a chance that another set of despicable cretins don't follow them in determined to blame the west. Perhaps Im dreaming, but I live in hope.

I do know that there is no place for these monsters and we must consider anything and everything to eradicate the world of them. The question will remain as to what to do with the youngsters within the ranks, the women amoungst them, who perhaps never chose to be there but have been brainwashed into the ways, and the youngsters especially whom have been trained to kill and have done so at ages as young as 7 and 8 years old. I don't have the answers.......but ......

The Images of that poor man were displayed initially before the decisions were taken to not show them, and being online when the news landed wasn't especially lucky. Those images are haunting.......and placed a feeling of horror in my gut that didn't leave me all night.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

the difference is, GF, you actually did say "wipe them all out" on more than one occasion.

I get your point completely, but there are massive problems in these religious books, and medieval notions in that they are so out of touch with the modern day. Folk can argue all day on the subject but there is no denying that the Muslim faith is a peaceful one largely speaking but there are extracts from the book that are always going to cause these problems, and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.

We've seen the same with the other faiths too.

If atheism was all there was, where would we be?
    How do you expect Jordan's neighbors to rally around them when they can't fart without the permission of the US? Assad has told the UN over and over, close the fucken border with turkey and he'll END Isis. And yet, still no.
    A little microcosm on why the shit will keep on rolling downhill ...

Cairo (AFP) - Al-Azhar, Sunni Islam's most prestigious centre of learning, expressed outrage at the Islamic State group for burning to death a captive Jordanian pilot, saying its militants deserve to be killed or crucified.

After a video was released showing the caged fighter pilot, Maaz al-Kassasbeh, dying engulfed in flames, the Cairo-based authority's head, Ahmed al-Tayib, expressed his "strong dismay at this cowardly act".

This "requires the punishment mentioned in the Koran for these corrupt oppressors who fight against God and his prophet: killing, crucifixion or chopping of the limbs."

"Islam forbids killing of the innocent human soul... It forbids mutilating the human soul by burning or in any other way even during wars against an enemy that attacks you," Tayib added in a statement.

news.yahoo.com/top-muslim-body-calls-killing-crucifixion-terrorists-100659379.html

Me thinks crucifixion and chopping of the limbs could possibly be interpreted as forms of mutilation. But that's just me. I could be wrong. I cannot judge.
    How do you expect Jordan's neighbors to rally around them when they can't fart without the permission of the US? Assad has told the UN over and over, close the fucken border with turkey and he'll END Isis. And yet, still no.

Assad lost credibility long ago. He'll end ISIS? hes not done a great job of sorting out the civil war within his country......In fact didn't ISIS grow from the shit storm within Syria?

Turkey have other interests to consider and they will only act in a manner which is beneficial to them considering the risk that the Kurds apparently pose them within Turkey and the risk to their stability. Given that they consider the Kurdish groups there terrorists it does leave them 'between a rock and a hard place'.....

I don't buy into the suggestion either that Jordans allies all dance to the americans tune......I think we are certainly seeing otherwise on varying matters
    pdalowsky wrote: »

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I get your point completely, but there are massive problems in these religious books, and medieval notions in that they are so out of touch with the modern day. Folk can argue all day on the subject but there is no denying that the Muslim faith is a peaceful one largely speaking but there are extracts from the book that are always going to cause these problems, and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.

you know, that's a good question. I used to be of the thinking that religion causes all wars and conflicts in the world. I now realize that is a very simplistic take on a more complex issue: it isn't religion that causes the issue, it's man's interpretation of said religion to suit their own agendas/beliefs that causes these conflicts and atrocities. there are extremists in all religions, they just have different methods. Westboro, for example, causes unimaginable emotional pain; ISIS causes unimaginable physical pain.

if there were no religion, there would still be conflict. territorial, economic, ethical, ethnic, you name it. why? because mankind is, in a word, a fucktard.

it would be interesting to see how the world would have worked with our population numbers back in the era before there was any particular belief system other than "survive". I think it would be Thunderdome, to be honest. Religion or not.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hmmm good point but im not certain of that. if there is no religious text to interpret to suit an agenda or belief then there is no room to start a conflict through the twisting of words that don't exist.

But what would we fight about ? borders? probably. But as the world currently exists, Its fair to say most borders are respected and not in conflict. Resources? economics sure? but then those battles would be fought on both sides via perhaps the same ideals leaving a more levelled playing field for all?

I take your point though, i'm no fun to talk about on these issues to be honest, as I have a massive downer on all religion and have a huge problem understanding why so many educated intelligent people subscribe to much of the stuff in the 'teachings'. But who am I to say they are wrong.
    Assad lost credibility? Really? But yet McCain gets a pass with all the pics of him and bagdadi all over the internet? And McCain wants to arm both sides in this conflict? Really? Come on dude. Dig deeper for the truth man. It's there.
  • paulonious wrote: »

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

you know, that's a good question. I used to be of the thinking that religion causes all wars and conflicts in the world. I now realize that is a very simplistic take on a more complex issue: it isn't religion that causes the issue, it's man's interpretation of said religion to suit their own agendas/beliefs that causes these conflicts and atrocities. there are extremists in all religions, they just have different methods. Westboro, for example, causes unimaginable emotional pain; ISIS causes unimaginable physical pain.

if there were no religion, there would still be conflict. territorial, economic, ethical, ethnic, you name it. why? because mankind is, in a word, a fucktard.

it would be interesting to see how the world would have worked with our population numbers back in the era before there was any particular belief system other than "survive". I think it would be Thunderdome, to be honest. Religion or not.

I don't appreciate you calling mankind a 'Billy Corgan'.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Hmmm good point but im not certain of that. if there is no religious text to interpret to suit an agenda or belief then there is no room to start a conflict through the twisting of words that don't exist.

But what would we fight about ? borders? probably. But as the world currently exists, Its fair to say most borders are respected and not in conflict. Resources? economics sure? but then those battles would be fought on both sides via perhaps the same ideals leaving a more levelled playing field for all?

I take your point though, i'm no fun to talk about on these issues to be honest, as I have a massive downer on all religion and have a huge problem understanding why so many educated intelligent people subscribe to much of the stuff in the 'teachings'. But who am I to say they are wrong.

there are currently how many wars going on at any given time in the world? what is it, like 100? 200? and only a small fraction are faith-based. and we hear about those because it's in our countries' economic interest to be concerned about that particular region.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pdalowsky wrote: »

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

There's an expression: in the absence of leadership... leadership will prevail.

To your last question: if atheism was all there was... we'd figure out a way to make ourselves idiotic. Some extreme branch of atheism would emerge and irritate the hell out of everyone.
    edited February 2015
    Oh yes, I do. But has Assad dealt with the uprising since day one? IF he was going to crush ISIS, the chance was there and it was blown. The conflict, before the others started to back their horses in the race, was not exactly being controlled by a man who claims he is able to deal with IS in 3 days......I believe its a pretty desperate attempt by a man who is vastly out of his depth to use a terrible situation to garner some much needed international support.

Of course this is a very simplistic take on a very complicated situation, but that's the way I understand things. At the end of the day Assad has Russian support, and I fail to believe that by closing the Syrian border with Turkey (more than it already is), would make the battle against this vermin that much easier. I believe if it was as simple as that they would be able to take them out very easy regardless of that border.

Initially Turkey assisting the coalition (anti assad) hasn't helped, but given that everyone is opposed to ISIS a few years on, I don't think Turkey would object to their being wiped out and open their borders to hamper efforts. Wasn't it the no fly zone that was the contentious part?
    Post edited by pdalowsky on
    "Perhaps Godfathers thoughts on 'wiping them all out' mean wiping out the entire group of IS militants and not the billion plus muslims in the world."

• Godfather. wrote: »
    "Perhaps Godfathers thoughts on 'wiping them all out' mean wiping out the entire group of IS militants and not the billion plus muslims in the world."

Most took it this way.