YOUR Top 10 Bootlegs???

Comments

• BinFrog wrote: »
    i still don't have anything form 2006 on my list

Or 2008

I can't really speak about "06 but those '08 MSG shows were incredible. People seem to prefer '10 but I loved the tunes they broke out in '08-- Who You Are made a live comeback, WMA is in both those MSG shows, and incredible energy.

I haven't heard anyone agree with me on this but I find 2000 depressing because to me Ed really sounds depressed. As good as his voice sounds, he just sounds like a man fighting an uphill battle to remain engaged with life. So it sounds to me anyway.

And in a totally random comment but I make it because it's that amazing... listen at least to Porch from St. Pete 1994. No other Porch like it that I know of. You'll know what I mean when you hear it.
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    ladydocNYC wrote: »
    And in a totally random comment but I make it because it's that amazing... listen at least to Porch from St. Pete 1994. No other Porch like it that I know of. You'll know what I mean when you hear it.

3/29/94. Top tier version of Porch.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    Need some earlier ones.

Yes, you do.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    BinFrog wrote: »

This version is top 3 for me along with holmdel 2003 and e rutherford 2006. bin frog I think you love the albany version from 06 right? That's another sweet one.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 wrote: »
    BinFrog wrote: »

This version is top 3 for me along with holmdel 2003 and e rutherford 2006. bin frog I think you love the albany version from 06 right? That's another sweet one.

Yup....awesome version.
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Moline 2014 now is making it into my top 10. It really is that good of a boot. Obviously, the set list with No Code played in its entirety is the main point, but so many other gems thrown in there WITH the band being totally on and the performance to match. Crowd and vibe was off the charts that night, which the band totally played and def off of - and it all translates and comes thru on the boot almost perfectly. Special night, legendary show, and a fucking great boot.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

YLed2 wrote: »
    Moline 2014 now is making it into my top 10. It really is that good of a boot. Obviously, the set list with No Code played in its entirety is the main point, but so many other gems thrown in there WITH the band being totally on and the performance to match. Crowd and vibe was off the charts that night, which the band totally played and def off of - and it all translates and comes thru on the boot almost perfectly. Special night, legendary show, and a fucking great boot.
    totally agree! this boot is amazing!
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Listened to all of the Vault shows today leading up to the Super Bowl. In light of the thread, I have to personally rank the current Vault releases:

1.) Vault #2 - Vic Theatre, Chicago 2007
    I just love the set list and overall performance from the band. Amazing start to the show opening with All Or None, and a stunning version at that. I just love the All Or None, Education, Sad, and In Hiding opening quarto. My favorite, and in my opinion, the greatest version of In Hiding every recorded on a bootleg with the crowd sounding deafening taking the entire chorus in the song. Then a great mid-set slow tempo combination of Parachutes, I'm Open, and Wish list. Down and Undone back-to-back is awesome. Superb version of Hard To Imagine and a fantastic closing to an excellent main set with Gods Dice, WWS, Rats, Gone, and Why Go. I think the encores are a little weak in my opinion, but the rarities continue and cool to hear Black Diamond with a Ben Harper making a magnificent cameo on Indifference. I just love the vibe and flow of the show, and the band sounds great. Definitely a set list crafted for a fan club only show in a small theater.

2.) Vault #3 - Constitution Hall, Washington DC 1998
    Very tough not to make this #1, but it goes almost hand in hand with the Vic. It's just great to have a superb quality recording of the '98 tour. Just love the sound and Ed's singing style during the '96-'98 era. It's also very nice to hear the original slower tempo versions of songs like Given To Fly, Corduroy, and Dissident as opposed to how hyper they play those songs these days. Absolutely love the opening Long Road-Act of Love combo. A shame the show isn't complete.

3.) Vault #1 - Moore Theatre, Seattle 1992
    Another one that I wish was the full show, but also very fortunate to have such a quality recording from 1992 and hopefully more to come. Sweet version of Release and it's always great to have such a quality version of the song back when it was more raw and Ed's voice was even more powerful. The boot really does capture the band's more aggressive stage presence during that time period.

4.) Vault #4 - Mt. Baker Theatre, Bellingham 2000
    Not to say this is a bad boot by any means at all, but I just think the band took it too easy with this release. We already have 72 official boots from the Binaural tour, and I would have loved to see a release from 1996 or 1995 instead. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome having an unreleased show from 2000 that was a warm-up to the legendary tour, and one that featured the Binaural songs being played live for the first time - but I think Ed struggles a little bit and the band doesn't necessarily sound the tightest (first show of the year and first time playing a loft of songs), which is expected. Still a great boot though, just falls short on what has been an amazing short list of excellent selections for the Vault Series thus far.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Thanks for your review of the previous vaults, I forgot how great vault #3 is, I've been listening to it for the last few hours I'll have to move onto vault #2 next.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    edited March 2015
    I'm hardly as obsessive as some are with the boots, I've mainly collected hometown shows (Toronto, Canada) and whatever's come my way officially free (which gives me about 20 or so shows to draw on for this, lol). In no particular order then (numbered only to stick to 10, lol):

1. Toronto 2 1991 - I was there (sentimental)

2. Toronto 2000 - first official bootleg, loved the idea (again, sentimental)

3 & 4. Katowice, Poland 1 & 2 2000 - again, the first wave of boots, bought these 2 shows based on the setlists, and suffice to say I loved 'em both

5. Benaroya 2003 - different vibe from the rest of the shows I've heard

6. Moline 2014 - No Code in its entirety, Moline (the song), great vibe. Expect Yieldwaukee will make my list when I hear it, lol

7. Toronto 2005 - Bono guesting on RITFW, cover of You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

8. (Edit 1) Atlanta 2 1994 - can't believe I forgot this initially, lol. This one's again in part sentimental...I was able to collect all the Dissident CD EPs, despite the edits, still really enjoy this show. Their first show I owned.

9. (Edit 2) Halifax 2005 - the mood of the show, "Fuck Heineken, I said fetch me a Keith's!"

10. This'll be a tough one to choose, more relistens are required, lol, though at the moment it's leaning towards either Yieldwaukee (favourite album in its entirety) or New York 1992-12-31 (fast Wash, Ed's comments about Marky Mark and Madonna, lol).
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    There is a link earlier in this thread for wegotshitblogspot or something like that. Visit this site at your own peril. I got creamed with adware and malware just for visiting the site.

Just FYI........
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • iVEDDERiVEDDER Posts: 71
    edited February 2015
    BinFrog said:

Good Porch version. But Pinkpop 92's is king.
    Post edited by iVEDDER on
    2005 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose December 4th 2011 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose November 6th 2013 São Paulo, Brazil | Lollapalooza March 31st
    People need to learn how to quote on this board. I see several quotes above attributed to me that I did not actually say in my post.

For example: PinkPop '92 is definitely NOT king. Visually it's top tier for sure, but if you just listen to it, it's not up there, IMO, with the greats.
    So according to binfrog pink pop 92 is the best bootleg of all time ;)
    Damn you.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I think Moline is overrated.
    and this is listening to the HDFLAC version.
    bring on the hate.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    lolobugg said:

bring on the hate.

I'm guessing if you were there the mindfuck factor would be through the roof!

Knowing what comes makes it less special..

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018

lolobugg said:

bring on the hate.

I totally agree....
    bootlegs really can't represent the vibe of the show.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

bring on the hate.

I totally agree....

Yes. But that being said: bootlegs are not the same thing as being at a show. That is where people discussing shows need to find a way to step back from the experience of being at the show. Whenever this sort of post comes up, there are always people who pick a show and say "well, you had to be there". Maybe so: but you can't do that with a bootleg. There are also people who can only ever mention shows they were at...as if it's just the worst thing in the world to admit other shows might make better bootlegs.

I wish the bootleg discussion didn't always go down this path, but it always does.
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    ^ Unless the premis of the discussion is that you can't pick shows you've been to that will keep happening.. My favorite shows ARE ones I attended and it's just super hard to be neutral with that stuff.. I don't even have a favorite show I didn't go to tbh..

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
    BinFrog said:

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

bring on the hate.

I totally agree....

Yes. But that being said: bootlegs are not the same thing as being at a show. That is where people discussing shows need to find a way to step back from the experience of being at the show. Whenever this sort of post comes up, there are always people who pick a show and say "well, you had to be there". Maybe so: but you can't do that with a bootleg. There are also people who can only ever mention shows they were at...as if it's just the worst thing in the world to admit other shows might make better bootlegs.

I wish the bootleg discussion didn't always go down this path, but it always does.
    totally agree...
    I am totally biased to shows I went to
    that's why I can't be objective reviewing my shows only other shows.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

My two favorite bootlegs are ones I wasn't at: melbourne 3/16/95 amd soldier field. These two def get played the most. And I totally think moline is a fantastic bootleg!
  • Perry NeumPerry Neum Vienna, Austria Posts: 856
    from 2000
    -salzburg
    - berlin
    - hamburg
    - greensboro
    - montreal
    - seattle night 2
    from 2003
    - perth
    from 2009
    - spectrum night 4
    from 2012
    - prague
    from 2014
    -vienna
    Salzburg, Austria 06-18-2000
    Vienna, Austria 09-25-2006
    Vienna, Austria 06-16-2007
    Berlin, Germany 08-15-2009
    Berlin, Germany 06-30-2010
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-26-2012
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-27-2012
    Praha, Czech Republic 07-02-2012
    Trieste, Italy 06-22-2014
    Vienna, Austria 06-25-2014
    edited March 2015
    Greensboro 00...interesting. I thought it was one of the weakest shows from that entire tour (I listened to them all in order). What stands out to you?
    Post edited by BinFrog on
  • Perry NeumPerry Neum Vienna, Austria Posts: 856
    BinFrog said:

Greensboro 00...interesting. I thought it was one if the weakest shows from that entire tour (I listened to them all in order). What stands out to you?

it was the first bootleg I got back then, and I love -in my tree- from this gig
    Salzburg, Austria 06-18-2000
    Vienna, Austria 09-25-2006
    Vienna, Austria 06-16-2007
    Berlin, Germany 08-15-2009
    Berlin, Germany 06-30-2010
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-26-2012
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-27-2012
    Praha, Czech Republic 07-02-2012
    Trieste, Italy 06-22-2014
    Vienna, Austria 06-25-2014
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    In chronological order:

Atlanta 2 1994
    Chicago 1995
    Randall's Island 2 1996
    MSG 2 1998
    Katowice 2 2000
    Tokyo 2003
    Gorge 2005
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Hartford 2008
    Philly 4 2009
    MSG 2 2010
    Buenos Aires 2011
    Charlottesville 2013
    Leeds 2014

I cheated and gave 14 shows instead of 10. But these to me are the top shows of every major touring year since 1994 (I have not heard enough 1993 or earlier to choose- I'm not even sure enough exists to choose).

I also managed to fit in the USA, Canada, Europe, South American and Asia.

I tried not be be biased for shows I attended but I ended up choosing some of my shows for 2008-2010 anyway. 2003 was my toughest year to choose and I'm actually surprised I picked Leeds for 2014. Grand Rapids wins my most underrated award haha. Also, the Vic was probably amazing live and I love rare setlists but I'm not that big into the boot so I didn't include it.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414

In chronological order:

Atlanta 2 1994
    Chicago 1995
    Randall's Island 2 1996
    MSG 2 1998
    Katowice 2 2000
    Tokyo 2003
    Gorge 2005
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Hartford 2008
    Philly 4 2009
    MSG 2 2010
    Buenos Aires 2011
    Charlottesville 2013
    Leeds 2014

I cheated and gave 14 shows instead of 10. But these to me are the top shows of every major touring year since 1994 (I have not heard enough 1993 or earlier to choose- I'm not even sure enough exists to choose).

I also managed to fit in the USA, Canada, Europe, South American and Asia.

I tried not be be biased for shows I attended but I ended up choosing some of my shows for 2008-2010 anyway. 2003 was my toughest year to choose and I'm actually surprised I picked Leeds for 2014. Grand Rapids wins my most underrated award haha. Also, the Vic was probably amazing live and I love rare setlists but I'm not that big into the boot so I didn't include it.

nice list..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..

(I have not heard enough 1993 or earlier to choose- I'm not even sure enough exists to choose).

Nice list, but there are tons of great 91-93 shows out there to check out.

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    BinFrog said:

(I have not heard enough 1993 or earlier to choose- I'm not even sure enough exists to choose).

Nice list, but there are tons of great 91-93 shows out there to check out.

I know, I need to dig deep into this era. I have some shows but I have not listened enough to know which show is which from memory. I'm more into the longer, varied sets and there was obviously less they could do in the early years with less songs.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2

I'm more into the longer, varied sets and there was obviously less they could do in the early years with less songs.

The lack of variety and length was made up for with intensity and a desire to absolutely destroy everyone in the crowd.