Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    I don't really understand how people can think there even MIGHT not be aliens in the universe. That seems like a literal impossibility to me, considering how many planets are out there, and how ridiculously insignificant Earth is in the universe. We're a fucking piece of dust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC7yFDb1zOA

That's really an easy answer. There is no proof. Just because we are a speck of dust in this vast universe, doesn't mean that we aren't alone. Why can't any of you open up your minds to the idea that we could just be the lucky ones. It's just as possible.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    I don't really understand how people can think there even MIGHT not be aliens in the universe. That seems like a literal impossibility to me, considering how many planets are out there, and how ridiculously insignificant Earth is in the universe. We're a fucking piece of dust.

That's really an easy answer. There is no proof. Just because we are a speck of dust in this vast universe, doesn't mean that we aren't alone. Why can't any of you open up your minds to the idea that we could just be the lucky ones. It's just as possible.

so true.

Godfather.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    I actually can't say no, as I've had an experience, so I personally have seen proof, and no, I am not even a little crazy. I know how crazy it sounds to some people (would have said the same before), but it's reality, so I really have no choice in the matter. For me, it's already fact, not conjecture.

And that one might think that we are it... in the whole universe?? That seems way, WAY more crazy than what I'm saying. I mean, why would it even occur to anyone that biology and evolution would be restricted to one planet in the entire universe?? Because that is pretty mucb what the no people are claiming here.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Yes
    I actually can't say no, as I've had an experience, so I personally have seen proof, and no, I am not even a little crazy. I know how crazy it sounds to some people (would have said the same before), but it's reality, so I really have no choice in the matter. For me, it's already fact, not conjecture.

And that one might think that we are it... in the whole universe?? That seems way, WAY more crazy than what I'm saying. I mean, why would it even occur to anyone that biology and evolution would be restricted to one planet in the entire universe?? Because that is pretty mucb what the no people are claiming here.

Well, for some it's very difficult to view this vast universe past what we have here on earth. Either that or they just don't want to. Remember there was a time in earth's past where thought this earth was not round, a time when we would never travel to the moon and one day long after I'm gone from this earth we will travel to Mars.

They will come a day when the non believers will get all the proof/evidence they need of other beings other than what we have here on earth, it all just takes time.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

No

I'd like to hear that story if you would be comfortable sharing that with me. I also do not believe that ghosts exists, and have heard people I know say they've seen them. So I am genuinely interested in that story.

As I said before, I am open to the possibility. The universe is huge. I just want proof. That's all. It's not to much to ask.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No

my grandfather said that he had seen a craft (ufo) when he was a teenager in Kalamazoo Mi. he would be about 95 or so today (passed in 87) he said it hovered
    above him as he walked down a dirt road about a mile from his home but he told me that and never talked about it again.. to me anyway.
    so Im not saying your wrong but I do wonder if these ufo's people are seeing are military projects ? my grandfather said this craft was round with lights om the bottom of it

Godfather.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes

my mind is open. I just can't imagine our planet is the only one in the entire universe in all of history to house living beings. the universe is bigger than any of our puny brains can even comprehend, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were living things out there that we couldn't comprehend either; maybe not even as what we consider "living".

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes
    Godfather. wrote: »

my grandfather said that he had seen a craft (ufo) when he was a teenager in Kalamazoo Mi. he would be about 95 or so today (passed in 87) he said it hovered
    above him as he walked down a dirt road about a mile from his home but he told me that and never talked about it again.. to me anyway.
    so Im not saying your wrong but I do wonder if these ufo's people are seeing are military projects ? my grandfather said this craft was round with lights om the bottom of it

Godfather.

PJ Soul never said the experience was just a craft sighting. could have been something else.

I do believe in UFO's, in the sense of the military or some other entity testing shit. who knows.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    All that those are, are just not yet identified.

FO's, if you will :-D
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

PJ,As you know,I'm right there with you.
  • Yes, and they have visited Earth
    leaving this here again

http://scaleofuniverse.com/
  • TheiaTheia Posts: 145
    edited January 2015
    hedonist wrote: »
    Hugh!

Why are there no "don't know" or "the fuck prompted this?" options?

Don't limit me, man [-X

Agree. Need an "I don't know, show me proof". I don't say yes or no unless I see something that makes me believe.
    Post edited by Theia on
    Theia wrote: »
    Hugh!

Why are there no "don't know" or "the fuck prompted this?" options?

Don't limit me, man [-X

Agree. Need an "I don't know, show me proof". I don't say yes or no unless I see something that makes me believe.
    I find it more probable than not, especially given the link that PJfan posted (quite mind-blowing)...but I can't say for sure. Definitely can't say "no" to the concept.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Yes
    I would love it if we made contact with other intelligent life but good lord would I want for us to clean house BIG TIME before inviting them over to our side of the universe for a visit. Unless, that is, it was at a Pearl Jam show. They can show up for that any time!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Yes
    brianlux wrote: »
    I would love it if we made contact with other intelligent life but good lord would I want for us to clean house BIG TIME before inviting them over to our side of the universe for a visit. Unless, that is, it was at a Pearl Jam show. They can show up for that any time!

Humankind at this current stage of evolution isn't ready for contact, if it was even possible. Everyone would just point their biggest nuke at the sky and yell "yippeekyeyaymutherfuckers!" before they had a chance to say hello.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Our movies certainly support that mindset (and how aliens have oddly human-like features).
    paulonious wrote: »
    Humankind at this current stage of evolution isn't ready for contact, if it was even possible. Everyone would just point their biggest nuke at the sky and yell "yippeekyeyaymutherfuckers!" before they had a chance to say hello.

Ha, Ha, I can see the headlines now - "Strange object on radar approaching Earth obliterated"
    Yes
    Our movies certainly support that mindset (and how aliens have oddly human-like features).

No kidding. How unimaginitive we are as a species where every other life form in the universe has the same body structure as humans! That is, until george lucas showed us otherwise.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I cannot even imagine that there isn't some other life form out there. We are so incomprehensibly tiny in the grans scheme of things, and I think it clouds our vision at times. We can't imagine the vastness of space with our feeble minds.

This picture...well, this video of this picture...has to at least give you some idea of what I'm talking about. The dust cloud that seems to swirl around a galaxy is not made up of gas and dust so much...as it is stars. Stars like what our planet orbits around. Some much bigger than our sun, and many about the same size. Each one their own unique solar system. HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF THESE...in just this one small segment of this one galaxy that is "only" 2.5 MILLION light years away from us. Just in this one galaxy there could be hundreds, if not thousands of solar systems with planets just like ours. And there are billions, and by some estimates, trillions of galaxies. If you want to feel really really really small, just watch this, and keep in mind that each and every one of those tiny pinpoints of light is a star just like our own...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udAL48P5NJU
    Yes
    paulonious wrote: »
    brianlux wrote: »

Sadly, no, we're not. Sure seems like maybe the Egyptians were though. There's no proof that aliens visited the Egyptians but if they did I wonder if they figured, "That's about as good as it's gonna get"?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Μaybe the next ''threat'' after terrorism, its the allien ''threat''..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Yes
    Maybe then those terrorists would then say.....we need to stop this terriorizing our fellow man, we have BIGGER fish to fry.....

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I can't believe this topic generates this much debate but it's very interesting ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153054575998000&pnref=story

Created for diver training? No, I don't believe it.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    Hahahhaa did you watch the video? It was clearly shoveled with a snow shovel, looks exactly like my sidewalk.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Yes
    Come on now- everyone know aliens like to shovel snow. It's their favorite past time!

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Yes
    d42.jpg
  • Yes
    23scidoo wrote: »
    Μaybe the next ''threat'' after terrorism, its the allien ''threat''..

It would serve as the global unifying event.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    No
    $100 bucks says I wouldn't be on a building top holding a sign that said "welcome home!"
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Shut up asshole