Does BELLINGHAM 5/10/2000 VAULT SHOW #4 VINYL come with a Digital DL?

CarneviLCarneviL Sounds Great Place Posts: 165
I have spent so much in the last month on Pearl Jam goods, and now there's a Clearance?
Oy!
I see the sound, in waves!

Comments

• KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    So I emailed 10 club this:
    Hi, was just wondering if we purchased the LP Of Vault 4 will we be getting a free download of it. And this is what they replied back.
    Hi,
    The download is now available for purchase.
    Thanks
    10c
    Not really an answer
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    KW6232 said:

So I emailed 10 club this:
    Hi, was just wondering if we purchased the LP Of Vault 4 will we be getting a free download of it. And this is what they replied back.
    Hi,
    The download is now available for purchase.
    Thanks
    10c
    Not really an answer

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    Ok, so they just emailed me again and said:

Shipping (Tenclub)
    Dec 10 11:05 AM

I'm sorry, I missed the question.
    The download was not a part of the Vault Vinyl pre-sale.
    10c
  • KW6232 said:

Shipping (Tenclub)

10c

Thats BS. Vault 3 included it. Now we get a vinyl packaged poorly and don't even get the download anymore and can't even get a dinky 7inch record the minute it goes on sale.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    KW6232 said:

Shipping (Tenclub)

10c

Kind of Lame if you ask me, especially when they included it for Vault #3. I would go along with it if the show was exclusive to vinyl, kind of like what Jack White does with the Third Man Vault releases, but don't approve of milking and extra $10-$20 out of fans with a digital/cd release.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Oh well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    All set here - love the PJ network! B-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pearljaminpearljamin New York City Posts: 18
    Yeah, what a bummer. Charging $50 for vinyl and not giving a digital version. Every other piece of vinyl sold now days by other bands includes digital downloads and it seems silly to pay for the same thing twice. Especially when they've given digital downloads in the past for vinyl. Why the change of heart?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

All set here - love the PJ network! B-)

:-bd
  • marjenmarjen CT Posts: 792
    A download code should ALWAYS be included with the vinyl. Especially one as costly as this. Bad move on ten clubs part.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    marjen said:

A download code should ALWAYS be included with the vinyl. Especially one as costly as this. Bad move on ten clubs part.

AND when you wait MONTHS for it to arrive!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:

marjen said:

AND when you wait MONTHS for it to arrive!!!
    Yep. Frustrating :-q
  • I rarely comment here, but this really is infuriating.
    My package arrived in Ireland a couple of days ago and for the price I paid for postage compared to the last vault release it was terrible. Very little care, a thin sheet of bubble wrap around the middle of the record sealed in a crappy damaged piece of cardboard.
    And $50 for a record and no download code yet there was with the last one.
    Is there any way a proper answer will be given to this one?? I've given ten club so much hard earned money, I'm earning so much less than I have done so this was my wife's Christmas present to me and it just seems like another mess. Surely a DL code is just normal practice thee days with vinyl yet ten club expect us to fork out another €10 to listen to it in a different format to vinyl. It's just really disappointing and like things just aren't thought through (which seems to be a pattern).
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    This is probably the wrong place to bring this up, but according to this interview with Brett Eliason,

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2011/01/the-mixer-brett-eliason/

the 2000 shows were recorded to 16 bit digital tape. It is bizarre to me that they would produce vinyl and high rez audio files from 16 bit masters. Unless this show is different because it was close to home base? Can anybody set me straight on this?
    Prolly been upsampled.
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

I rarely comment here, but this really is infuriating.
    My package arrived in Ireland a couple of days ago and for the price I paid for postage compared to the last vault release it was terrible. Very little care, a thin sheet of bubble wrap around the middle of the record sealed in a crappy damaged piece of cardboard.
    Is there any way a proper answer will be given to this one?? I've given ten club so much hard earned money, I'm earning so much less than I have done so this was my wife's Christmas present to me and it just seems like another mess. Surely a DL code is just normal practice thee days with vinyl yet ten club expect us to fork out another €10 to listen to it in a different format to vinyl. It's just really disappointing and like things just aren't thought through (which seems to be a pattern).

You have given ten club so much hard earned money like the rest of us. We will buy sheep holding guns, we will buy PJ socks. We (including me) will buy anything PJ related so it's hard to expect them not to charge us for everything when we (again me included) continue to buy and buy
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Yeah, what a bummer. Charging $50 for vinyl and not giving a digital version. Every other piece of vinyl sold now days by other bands includes digital downloads and it seems silly to pay for the same thing twice. Especially when they've given digital downloads in the past for vinyl. Why the change of heart?

$$$
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    hsohi said:

You have given ten club so much hard earned money like the rest of us. We will buy sheep holding guns, we will buy PJ socks. We (including me) will buy anything PJ related so it's hard to expect them not to charge us for everything when we (again me included) continue to buy and buy
    Believe it or not, but lots of fans don't buy everything they release. I have no use for 90% of the stuff in the shop, but I do expect to get a download of the show for the price we paid. Especially when they gave us one for Vault #3.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    hsohi said:

Yep. I've already withdrawn plenty... my buying habits here aren't anywhere near what they used to be, and I plan on doing less and less transactions. Outrageously lengthy shipping times to get to Canada, stupid pricing, stressful purchasing experience on high-demand products (which, as some have stated, need not be low-supply), mediocre customer service, and poor packaging and security for fragile items are all very bad business practices for any eCommerce site. If I expect change, the onus is on me to simply stop speaking with my wallet. Most good businesses follow the money, and this band struck gold with such a dedicated fan base willing to put up with this.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    I just assumed that the code would be coming. silly me i suppose.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • I bought the LP, if anyone wants to PM me a copy of the digital file I'd really appreciate that as I'm not spending another $10 or whatever when I already spent a lot on this record.

Suggest a kickstarter, we all put in $1 each, buy it then share it around to everyone who wants it, that'll show those money grabbing swines hahaha
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • I bought the LP, if anyone wants to PM me a copy of the digital file I'd really appreciate that as I'm not spending another $10 or whatever when I already spent a lot on this record.

Yeah I'm with you on this. I'd so appreciate a copy of the show to listen to in my car and I'm not paying €10 for the pleasure after I've already spent $80 on the music.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    You should all join me in boycotting 10club Merch. I have been upset with the way they do things for a long time and I am now gonna stop supporting them financially. I will renew my membership but that is it.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363

This is probably the wrong place to bring this up, but according to this interview with Brett Eliason,

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2011/01/the-mixer-brett-eliason/

the 2000 shows were recorded to 16 bit digital tape. It is bizarre to me that they would produce vinyl and high rez audio files from 16 bit masters. Unless this show is different because it was close to home base? Can anybody set me straight on this?

MedozK said:

Prolly been upsampled.

This is interesting. I'd also like to know if it can be confirmed that the HD downloads have been upsampled. I'd really like to buy the HD, but it seems counterintuitve if those files have been sourced from 16-bit. In that case, I'd just go with the CD.
    If a producer of live music is purposefully going with 16/44, then that should tell us whether 24/96 is really that much of a difference.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Listening to vault #4 right now and the mp3s sound pretty damn good. iPod nano, AT headphones playback.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lolobugg said:

You should all join me in boycotting 10club Merch. I have been upset with the way they do things for a long time and I am now gonna stop supporting them financially. I will renew my membership but that is it.

Curious as to why you'd renew your membership as that gives them cash too? I'm nearly with you, but I know it would be unrealistic for me to keep my promise. Although the Lightning Bolt vinyl with the ten club bonus stuff was an absolute joke. The bonus thing was a video. One video pretty much cost me twice what lightning Bolt would cost me on vinyl in my local record store.
    Never mind the 'Sevens' debacle. They both near sent me over the edge but then a vinyl release like this and I can't help it.
    For me with this release, it's more the fact that lightning bolt, drop in the park, Orpheum, vault 4 all came with download codes and this one doesn't yet it's avsiable to buy on MP3. It makes no sense and I'd genuinely love to hear someone in ten club answer why. Is it just an oversight or is it pure greed?
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465

If a producer of live music is purposefully going with 16/44, then that should tell us whether 24/96 is really that much of a difference.

He was just going with the format that was intended for the final product. After all, it was 14 years ago, and hi rez files were just not feasible for distribution with the bandwidth at the time.

He was just going with the format that was intended for the final product. After all, it was 14 years ago, and hi rez files were just not feasible for distribution with the bandwidth at the time.
    Yep, I get that.
    www.cluthelee.com