Does BELLINGHAM 5/10/2000 VAULT SHOW #4 VINYL come with a Digital DL?

Comments

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    I don't know about others here, but I'm disappointed about the way this was handled. This shouldn't have felt like a 'battle' between customers and a business: you'd be hard-pressed to find a $60 vinyl release within the last five years which didn't include a digital download. I think there's a real lack of understanding from 10C about what good customer service feels like.

Look at the premise: the Vault vinyl goes on sale. Nothing is mentioned about a digital download, but the precedent has been set by the previous Vault vinyl sale which did include it.

Case A: An email goes out after all pre-orders are solidified. "Dear awesome Pearl Jam fan, thank you so much for your order! To show our appreciation, we've decided to include a digital download for you of the show. Attached is the code - please enjoy!"

Case B: The album is released on vinyl. The album is then released for digital download for $10. Fans recognize the low cost of delivering a digital download, and perceive this as a money grub from the corporation. Fans publicly criticize the corporation, who responds a week later by offering a free download code.

Case A and Case B technically produce the same result (buyers of the vinyl receive the download code), but they feel so different as a customer! I find it unlikely that this decision wasn't thought of prior to the product release, and if it was thought of, it means the band/corporation was specifically planning on not including it, in spite of what I'm sure they knew would be perceived as 'unfair' or 'poor business practice', and in spite of the relatively low cost of distributing something digitally (which I would guess the margins on the vinyl release more than cover).

When it comes to customer service, a proactive (rather than reactive) approach will always serve you better. Don't wait for shit to hit the fan to rectify a problem: pre-empt it, and just at the cusp of customer dissent, nip it in the bud by going above and beyond. Every little sign of concern from the business will be amplified in terms of how taken care of a customer feels. The old "Have a problem? Call 1-800-IDNT-CRE" mantra is no longer a sustainable way to run a business. Fix the problems before the customers find them.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    lolobugg said:

Nami said:

Ha was just looking to see if this was a legit email. Wheres lolobugg? he'll be happier than a pig in shit now...hehehe

guess I will have to call off my boycott!!!
    =))
    =))
    I think your boycott worked. Now just boycott PJ from playing in WV... And I bet they will add it to the next tour!!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Really really delighted with this. Thank you Ten Club for listening (It's obviously a change of mind). Sent them a mail yesterday and the reply was a download code. I'm thankful.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited December 2014
    benjs said:

I don't know about others here, but I'm disappointed about the way this was handled. This shouldn't have felt like a 'battle' between customers and a business: you'd be hard-pressed to find a $60 vinyl release within the last five years which didn't include a digital download. I think there's a real lack of understanding from 10C about what good customer service feels like.

Look at the premise: the Vault vinyl goes on sale. Nothing is mentioned about a digital download, but the precedent has been set by the previous Vault vinyl sale which did include it.

Case A: An email goes out after all pre-orders are solidified. "Dear awesome Pearl Jam fan, thank you so much for your order! To show our appreciation, we've decided to include a digital download for you of the show. Attached is the code - please enjoy!"

Case B: The album is released on vinyl. The album is then released for digital download for $10. Fans recognize the low cost of delivering a digital download, and perceive this as a money grub from the corporation. Fans publicly criticize the corporation, who responds a week later by offering a free download code.

Case A and Case B technically produce the same result (buyers of the vinyl receive the download code), but they feel so different as a customer! I find it unlikely that this decision wasn't thought of prior to the product release, and if it was thought of, it means the band/corporation was specifically planning on not including it, in spite of what I'm sure they knew would be perceived as 'unfair' or 'poor business practice', and in spite of the relatively low cost of distributing something digitally (which I would guess the margins on the vinyl release more than cover).

When it comes to customer service, a proactive (rather than reactive) approach will always serve you better. Don't wait for shit to hit the fan to rectify a problem: pre-empt it, and just at the cusp of customer dissent, nip it in the bud by going above and beyond. Every little sign of concern from the business will be amplified in terms of how taken care of a customer feels. The old "Have a problem? Call 1-800-IDNT-CRE" mantra is no longer a sustainable way to run a business. Fix the problems before the customers find them.

Benjs,
    will you be the spokesman for my boycott???
    maybe we can get them to fix some more of the shit that goes on around here.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Thanks 10C!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Anyone else not received the email yet? I haven't ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    benjs said:

As always this is very well said.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    i just received this email, not sure if it's legit...
    THANKS FOR PRE-ORDERING PEARL JAM VAULT #4 ON VINYL!
    The code below will allow you one free MP3 download of Pearl Jam Vault #4. Please save a secure copy of the completed files.
    1. CLICK HERE to redeem your code.
    2. You will need to LOGIN or REGISTER if you are a new LiveDownloads.com user. After logging in, input your unique code (below) and click REDEEM.
    3. Vault #4 MP3 will be automatically added to your shopping cart for 0.00.
    4. Proceed to Checkout.
    5. Complete the free Checkout by clicking Submit.
    6. Click Download All to start your download.
    YOUR MP3 DOWNLOAD CODE
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Each code is valid for ONE (1) time use to redeem at LiveDownloads.com.
    If you have trouble redeeming your code or completing your download please contact http://www.livedownloads.com/support.aspx
    Thanks for supporting Pearl Jam!

Anyone else receive it??
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    It is legit.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    Cool, thanks. I also saw demetrios posted the same email in the other thread.
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE, RIGHT ON!!!

I guess they listened to all of us bitchy whiners.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• CarneviLCarneviL Sounds Great Place Posts: 165
    Thank you Ten Club !!!!
    Happy Holidays!!!!
    I see the sound, in waves!
  • Thanks 10C.
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258

Thanks 10C.

what he said.....
    ajb
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2014
    benjs said:

I agree 100%. I can appreciate that they are willing to bend like this instead of stubbornly clinging to their bad decisions - that really is admirable in a pretty fucking stubborn world - but the initial decisions tend to be a little unfriendly sometimes..... And the kicker: somehow 10c fosters an attitude amongst its customers of feeling guilty for being unhappy with the bad decisions. It's genius, really. Even as I type that I can't help but feel bad about being critical. Bravo 10c.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

I agree 100%. I can appreciate that theu are willing to bend like this instead of stubbornly clinging to their bad decisions - that really is admirable in a pretty fucking stubborn world - but the initial decisions tend to be a little unfriendly sometimes..... And the kicker: somehow 10c fosters an attitude amongst its customers of feeling guilty for being unhappy with the bad decisions. It's genius, really. Even as I type that I can't help but feel bad about being critical. Bravo 10c.
    me too....
    Santos is a very likable guy it seems
    I feel bad for criticizing him.
    seems like he is working all by himself in this huge warehouse
    busting his ass all day to get orders out on time for the holidays.
    someone get this guy a helper

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Thanks 10c
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

I agree 100%. I can appreciate that theu are willing to bend like this instead of stubbornly clinging to their bad decisions - that really is admirable in a pretty fucking stubborn world - but the initial decisions tend to be a little unfriendly sometimes..... And the kicker: somehow 10c fosters an attitude amongst its customers of feeling guilty for being unhappy with the bad decisions. It's genius, really. Even as I type that I can't help but feel bad about being critical. Bravo 10c.
    me too....
    How do you buy Santos a digital beer???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    PP193448 said:

lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

me too....
    How do you buy Santos a digital beer???
    ~O)
    hot saki

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• mahndogmahndog Posts: 394
    Free dl in my email... happy friday... thanx santos
    Toronto 9.21.96/Barrie 8.22.98/Toronto 10.5.00/Toronto 6.28.03/Kitchener 9.11.05/Toronto 5.10.06/Toronto 8.21.09/PJ20 9.03.11/PJ20 9.04.11/Toronto 9.11.11/London 7.16.13/Buffalo 10.12.13

kingjeremysig.jpg
  • af7ukaf7uk Sheffield, UK Posts: 90
    Thanks for this 10C, very happy UK customer here!
    I still haven't received an email :(
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    chime said:

I still haven't received an email :(

Me neither. Figured I'd leave it overnight and maybe email 10c tomorrow if it's still not come through.
  • To all the people who where complening!! happy hollidays!!
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

me too....
    I've been offering to help out in the warehouse for years, but no one has taken me up on it.
    ELITIST FUK
  • So did anyone who ordered it, not get the download? I have the order in my box but never got a download today...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

Thanks 10c

What she said
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
    edited December 2014

So did anyone who ordered it, not get the download? I have the order in my box but never got a download today...

Maybe you just missed it? The email isn't from 10C. It's from livedownloads. I thought it was just spam for a second. Maybe your junk filter even got at it?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

So did anyone who ordered it, not get the download? I have the order in my box but never got a download today...

Maybe you just missed it? The email isn't from 10C. It's from livedownloads. I thought it was just spam for a second. Maybe your junk filter even got at it?
    I've been checking my junk folder and definitely nothing
    chime said:

PJ_Soul said:

I've been checking my junk folder and definitely nothing
    Oh, well I'd give it another few hours just in case it's still coming before the end of the business day, and then email 10C.