Options

Pearl Jam Bellingham 5/10/2000 Vault Show #4 Vinyl PreSale. CD/Digital on sale now! Free Digital D!

Comments

• Options
    givebloodreborngivebloodreborn Calgary AB Posts: 32
    Freaking great show to release ...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    TinAnt said:

How much dead wax is there? Maybe the decision was based on run times for the LPs?

That is usually why songs are left off of vinyl. They may have had to cut something to avoid spreading it between 4 discs.... if the song is still on then CD and/download, that is almost certainly it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

How much dead wax is there? Maybe the decision was based on run times for the LPs?

That is usually why songs are left off of vinyl. They may have had to cut something to avoid spreading it between 4 discs.... if the song is still on then CD and/download, that is almost certainly it.
    None of the vinyl is short of run time. Side A has 5 songs which is the most of any of the vinyls. I think one side has 3 songs on.

10c should have notified us that the song would be missing.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Maybe they can send us a digital file like they did with Orpheum? Remember that?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    Crossing fingers when the 10club warehouse receives these vinyls that they will ship them in the same packaged boxes the Vault 3 vinyls were shipped.

• Options
    What the fuck? Dead Man is THE song of that album together with Of the Girl to listen to on vinyl.

I hate incomplete stuff - HATE IT. It was bad enough with the last DC98 show.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140

What the fuck? Dead Man is THE song of that album together with Of the Girl to listen to on vinyl.

I hate incomplete stuff - HATE IT. It was bad enough with the last DC98 show.

Agree. I hate the asterisk in the set list page that says that the set list on the discs may be different than the actual
    Show.... Bummer.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    For the love of all that is holy please release a full complete live show on vinyl!! We will pay the extra for the 4th record....Just saying!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options

For the love of all that is holy please release a full complete live show on vinyl!! We will pay the extra for the 4th record....Just saying!!

Totally!! I don't care if it's just one song per 12" side. I'll pay for a 12+ LP's x vinyl box set for one show. Just please, release an official complete live bootleg vault vinyl show.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    boyo79 said:

PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

None of the vinyl is short of run time. Side A has 5 songs which is the most of any of the vinyls. I think one side has 3 songs on.

Oh. Well, yeah, in that case they should have just said something.... Of course, would anyone have actually not bought it if they had said something?? I doubt it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Haven't recieved mine yet. Did you all get a shipping email?
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    PJ_Soul said:

boyo79 said:

PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

Oh. Well, yeah, in that case they should have just said something.... Of course, would anyone have actually not bought it if they had said something?? I doubt it.
    Exactly!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Maybe Ed wasnt happy with the performance?

Deadman on vinyl was what i was most excited about.
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454

Haven't recieved mine yet. Did you all get a shipping email?

My orders still show as being in the warehouse and haven't received any shipping confirmation emails either.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    jervin007 said:

I had a parcel pickup notification in my mailbox from Santos today. Not sure if its a poster or the vault. I will be hitting up the post office tomorrow morning

Looks like it was the St. Paul poster

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited December 2014
    From another thread:
    Santos L. Halper Posts: 785
    December 1 Flag
    Vinyl is scheduled to arrive in Seattle later this week, pending customs clearance. US, CA, Rest of World Shipments should start leaving the warehouse week of 12/08/2014.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

PJ_Soul said:

boyo79 said:

PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

Exactly!
    obviously people would have still bought it. But the issue is 10C almost never is full disclosure on this shit. The reasoning for DITP was most likely because the 2 songs left off were covers (I still don't get that, btw). the point is, if you are going to release a live show in vinyl, make it the complete bloody show. otherwise, in my eyes, it's completely pointless. the show is like a story. do movie studios released a dvd with 5 minutes of the movie missing? no. they put it on two discs and charge more.

orpheum was retarded. they could have EASILY made that a two cd set. I get the issue with a few of the tracks and the taping, but the good tracks that were left off? I just thought that was the weirdest official release ever.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

PJ_Soul said:

boyo79 said:

PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

Exactly!
    obviously people would have still bought it. But the issue is 10C almost never is full disclosure on this shit. The reasoning for DITP was most likely because the 2 songs left off were covers (I still don't get that, btw). the point is, if you are going to release a live show in vinyl, make it the complete bloody show. otherwise, in my eyes, it's completely pointless. the show is like a story. do movie studios released a dvd with 5 minutes of the movie missing? no. they put it on two discs and charge more.

orpheum was retarded. they could have EASILY made that a two cd set. I get the issue with a few of the tracks and the taping, but the good tracks that were left off? I just thought that was the weirdest official release ever.

Totally agree. It's not too difficult for 10c to send a communication saying it's an incomplete show. Not difficult at all. Just dismissing it off-hand and taking the view that people will order regardless is pretty poor.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Hi is Deadman the only song not on the Vinyls?
  • Options
    demetrios said:

boyo79 said:

Dead Man Walking is missing from the vinyl release.

That's disappointing, especially if it wasn't mentioned in the item description when it was for sale. Hopefully the CD/Digital Download includes it.
    It totally is disappointing. Because the complete show, including Dead Man (3:46 running time), has been shared in the trading community for many many years. How did this not make it on the Vault 4 release?

It's a Pearl Jam song. Not a cover song.
    http://pearljam.com/music/lyrics/all/all/20840/dead_man_walking

There's no technical problems with this audio file that we have been sharing.
    It's an Eddie song, not a Pearl Jam song - maybe it's a rights issue as presumably Sony (who put the film's soundtrack out) may not want it issued elsewhere? PJ did leave Sony to start their own label after all...
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
  • Options
    ali_burge said:

demetrios said:

boyo79 said:

That's disappointing, especially if it wasn't mentioned in the item description when it was for sale. Hopefully the CD/Digital Download includes it.
    It totally is disappointing. Because the complete show, including Dead Man (3:46 running time), has been shared in the trading community for many many years. How did this not make it on the Vault 4 release?

It's an Eddie song, not a Pearl Jam song - maybe it's a rights issue as presumably Sony (who put the film's soundtrack out) may not want it issued elsewhere? PJ did leave Sony to start their own label after all...
    COMPOSER: Vedder
    ARTIST: Pearl Jam

The song wasn't used in the Dead Man Walking Soundtrack. The Face of Love & Long Road tracks by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Eddie Vedder were on the films soundtrack. Dead Man which is a B-Side to Off He Goes & the song played @ Bellingham '00 was never played in the films soundtrack. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112818/soundtrack

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    boyo79 said:

Totally agree. It's not too difficult for 10c to send a communication saying it's an incomplete show. Not difficult at all. Just dismissing it off-hand and taking the view that people will order regardless is pretty poor.

Agreed. It sucks that almost every Vault release has some flaw and it's never communicated. Hopefully the CD version is complete.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2014

the show is like a story. do movie studios released a dvd with 5 minutes of the movie missing? no.

This is a GREAT way to put it. Sometimes I think that the decision-makers on this (whether it's the band or someone else) are just too close to the situation to realize how much we care; like they don't realize leaving off one song is a BIG deal). I wish they would consult a handful of long-time collectors to get input on which shows (stuff that wasn't taped by fans and has never circulated) to release and how to do it.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    demetrios said:

ali_burge said:

demetrios said:

boyo79 said:

The song wasn't used in the Dead Man Walking Soundtrack. The Face of Love & Long Road tracks by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Eddie Vedder were on the films soundtrack. Dead Man which is a B-Side to Off He Goes & the song played @ Bellingham '00 was never played in the films soundtrack. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112818/soundtrack

Ooops - my bad!
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Thin oversize box, thin bubble wrap. My Vault 4 was rattling around inside the box but I got lucky, mine was in perfect shape. Totally didnt expect this to arrive this year.
  • Options
    leespjleespj Liverpool Posts: 172
    Mine arrived today. Shipped from Czech Republic ?
    So why the very large shipping fee ?
    I thought that was because it was shipping from the US

Are Ten Club having all the vinyl made in the US then shipping them to Czech Republic to a distribution warehouse then re-shipping to europe ten club members ?

Or do they out source to Europe for final production for Europe members ?
    Pearl Jam

1996-10-28, 2000-05-29, 2006-08-25, 2007-06-21, 2007-06-26, 2009-08-17, 2009-08-18, 2009-10-28, 2010-06-23, 2010-07-03, 2010-07-06, 2010-10-23, 2010-10-24, 2011-09-14, 2011-09-15, 2012-06-20, 2012-06-21, 2012-07-04, 2012-07-05, 2013-10-15, 2013-10-18, 2014-06-26, 2014-06-28, 2014-07-08, 2014-07-11, 2014-10-17, 2014-10-20, 2016-05-02, 2016-05-05, 2018-06-18, 2018-07-03, 2018-07-05, 2022-07-25.

Eddie Vedder

2012-07-28, 2012-07-30, 2012-11-15, 2017-06-11, 2019-06-25, 2019-07-03.

Brad

2013-02-08.

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,438
    demetrios said:

ali_burge said:

demetrios said:

boyo79 said:

FWIW, Dead Man is on the Dead Man Walking reissue
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    KV4053 said:

demetrios said:

ali_burge said:

demetrios said:

boyo79 said:

FWIW, Dead Man is on the Dead Man Walking reissue
    Oh shit it is. D'oh!!!! My bad. I have this CD+DVD combo. Totally forget it was on this.

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Man-Walking-David-Robbins/dp/B000EHQ8FA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417562068&sr=8-3&keywords=dead+man+walking+soundtrack

"The Legacy Edition of the Dead Man Walking Soundtrack is a bit different in that it includes Eddie Vedder's "Dead Man," which was originally left off the original soundtrack (and the movie) because it conflicted with Bruce Springsteen's eponymous tune.

Still blows though that it's not included on the vinyl.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    boyo79 said:

PJ_Soul said:

boyo79 said:

PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

Exactly!

Haha, well I'm not one to avoid saying something when 10c does something that seems off to me (shipping!!!), but I am clearly biased because Dead Man is one of my least favorite PJ songs ever, so I am happy they took it out. :)) ;)

Again, that does suck for those who are going to miss it... although really, even without bias, it isn't THAT bad. I listen to Vault 3 all the time and haven't once wished the deleted part was there while listening, even though I was initially disappointed about the cuts - I love Push Me, Pull Me. But after the initial disappointment, it's hard to miss it that much when you've never even heard the show with it in the first place.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited December 2014
    I know you didnt just make fun of "Dead Man"......
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.