*** Denver Fanviews Here 10/22/14 ***

Comments

• vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    COrock it's you with the tattoo! Sometimes on this thread I get confused....okay, so congratulations on your tat and yes there is good footage of Breath on youtube keep looking....
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 593
    A good Denver version of Breath? I seem to have only found the one from way back. I was hoping someone had good footage of the Breath/Leash/RVM run. In my recollection there was minimal time between each. I would be hard pressed to think of a trio I'd rather see, I think all 3 are top 5 for the Mrs. and I.
  • DJ253147 said:

A good Denver version of Breath? I seem to have only found the one from way back. I was hoping someone had good footage of the Breath/Leash/RVM run. In my recollection there was minimal time between each. I would be hard pressed to think of a trio I'd rather see, I think all 3 are top 5 for the Mrs. and I.

1st time I got Breath live was Hartford in '98 at my first show. 12 shows and 16 years later I got it again and it was worth the wait....... Can't wait for the boot.

Leash was great (my 1st time hearing it live) and of the 8 times I've seen them do Rearview Mirror, Denver was easily the greatest most inspired version I've seen them play.

Hands down, these three songs in the encore were the best highlight in a night filled with great highlights.
  • wvueers1wvueers1 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 61
    Ok, a little late to the discussion but here it goes. Flew in from PHX the day of the show. Went straight from the airport to the Merch Line. Not sure I will do the merch line again, but I digress. Although, I did meet some cool people and we enjoyed chatting.

Literally the best concert I have ever been to in my life. Was in the GA about 20 yards back in between Ed and Stone. Seeing how this was the last show of the tour and their 24th Anniversary show, the crowd was electric and the band (as always) was on fire. To open with Release was perfect. I spoke to many people during the day who were hoping they opened with Release. I saw PJ in Phoenix last year and they played Release. It is my favorite version of the song. Ed nailed it. I am anxious to hear this one on the Denver boot, but being in the middle of the pit for this one was a fantastic feeling. Such a great song.

I would be happy with anything, but I had an itch to hear either Last Exit or Not For You, pre-shot. Fourth song, Last Exit. Bam! After starting with Release and then getting LE was I well into my PJ mindset. Why Go came on after that and the wave of great music just kept going.
    Off Riot Act, I was hoping for LBC or Cropduster, Ghost came on and that was a pleasent surprise. I love Riot Act, its one of my favorite's from PJ so again very pleased. Then to follow up with Present Tense and an electric DTE and my mind was becoming mush from all the awesomeness. Then bam, a super rare song, Of the Earth. Clearly the band was making this a special show.

Even though I knew the show would be 3+ hours, I also knew it would absolutely fly by in my mind. I was trying to soak up every facet. Here we are almost half way in and it feels like it just started.

I am a noobie guitar player and one of the first PJ songs I happened to play was Don't Gimmie No Lip (I'm playing Jeremy and parts of Alive now) so when Stone went into DGNL I was incredibly pleased. Lukin fucking rocked after that. Ed was fiery as hell.

The first encore was ridiculous.
    FUTURE DAYS
    SLEIGHT OF HAND
    IMAGINE
    MOTHER
    LAST KISS
    BREATH
    LEASH
    RVM

An absolute great group of songs. Again, I really like Lightening Bolt and Future Days is a very nice song. It has some personal meaning so I enjoyed hearing it. Sleight of Hand was a great treat. I was hopeful to hear both Imagine and Mother. Again, at this point its just getting silly how great the show was. Breath, (again one I was dying to hear) Leash (really?!) and then I was floored by how they absolutely knocked the $hit out of RVM. OMG. I was literally mind blown. I can't freaking wait to hear RVM on the boot. If you would have told me that RVM would be the song that stood out in this incredible setlist, I would not have believed you. Anyway, they nailed RVM.

Second encore, just perfect. I know I already appear to be rambling so I will cut it short. The entire concert was a whirling dervish of great songs and atmosphere was fantastic. I rocked out from beginning to end. Great set list, all the way around.

Can't express enough how much I loved this show.

By the end, I had been up for about 20 hours that day and was absolutely spent. It was fantastic.
    Fan since the beginning, but 1st PJ concert ever -- Phoenix, AZ 11-19-13

Love boat captain
    Take the reigns,.. steer us towards the clear.

M.Y.T.H. is
    Belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear

tumblr_mtr7i1ZXuo1r0d33so1_400.gif
  • COrockCOrock Denver, CO Posts: 4
    DJ253147 said:

I managed to find this video of Breath in Denver, pretty good quality - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR9E7MZ0n_U

There's bound to be one person who got Breath/Leash/RVM out of the 18,000 people that were there... We can only hope that they'll share the footage. Looking forward to the bootleg for sure!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    I listened to the audience boot of the show the other day and when it got to the part where Eddie mention the Canadian flag looking bigger than the US one I was very disappointed in the large amount of booing that ensued. I don't remember this happening at the show but obviously it did. I find it very insulting and immature, especially considering the events that had occurred earlier that day in Ottawa.
    It has definitely put a damper on that show for me.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Dude relax.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031

I listened to the audience boot of the show the other day and when it got to the part where Eddie mention the Canadian flag looking bigger than the US one I was very disappointed in the large amount of booing that ensued. I don't remember this happening at the show but obviously it did. I find it very insulting and immature, especially considering the events that had occurred earlier that day in Ottawa.

I hope you're joking
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited November 2014

Context. If you were there you'd see Ed was just being silly as the two flags were right next to each other yet Canadian flag was a smidge bigger. Crowd just reacted as humans are tend to do. Personally have not heard or seen anti Canadian sentiment in US. It's all good.

Cool thing why Ed probably even noticed flags so he could recognize fans on top row at back of venue. He sent up a bottle.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • I listened to the audience boot of the show the other day and when it got to the part where Eddie mention the Canadian flag looking bigger than the US one I was very disappointed in the large amount of booing that ensued. I don't remember this happening at the show but obviously it did. I find it very insulting and immature, especially considering the events that had occurred earlier that day in Ottawa.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume people who were booing had no idea about the shooting earlier in the day.

Had EV made a remark about the shooting only to be followed by the boos, you might have a point, but I think you're making a leap on this one.
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume people who were booing had no idea about the shooting earlier in the day.

Had EV made a remark about the shooting only to be followed by the boos, you might have a point, but I think you're making a leap on this one.
    Agreed. I'm sure nobody in the crowd knew about the shooting in Canada considering they were all standing in the merch line for 6 hours.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Yeah, dude relax. No one hates canada. My god, sensative are we?
    Ok first of all I was there and it did just seem like a fun joke at the show as I'm sure it was intended to be. I may be a little sensitive due to the shooting which, even standing in the Merch line for 3 hrs I knew about.
    I didn't say there was a big anti-canadian sentiment just that hearing that on the boot was disappointing and I, for now, can't enjoy reliving the experience that way.
    I met a ton of great people on my mini tour who I will be forever to grateful for making my experience truly awesome. I'm not blaming anyone, freaking out or any of the above, just stating my current experience, which I should be allowed to do. Most of you have made reasonable and educated responses to my previous post and I am open to further clarification. I am sorry if this put a bummer on your experiences, I should have thought of that.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Ok first of all I was there and it did just seem like a fun joke at the show as I'm sure it was intended to be. I may be a little sensitive due to the shooting which, even standing in the Merch line for 3 hrs I knew about.
    I didn't say there was a big anti-canadian sentiment just that hearing that on the boot was disappointing and I, for now, can't enjoy reliving the experience that way.
    I met a ton of great people on my mini tour who I will be forever to grateful for making my experience truly awesome. I'm not blaming anyone, freaking out or any of the above, just stating my current experience, which I should be allowed to do. Most of you have made reasonable and educated responses to my previous post and I am open to further clarification. I am sorry if this put a bummer on your experiences, I should have thought of that.

I hear what you're saying..... Honestly, I heard about the shooting before the show, but was so wrapped up in the experience of the show that it wasn't until after it was over that I drew a correlation between the flag comment & the shooting (if there was any correlation at all, remember EV said nothing at all about the actual shooting itself)

I think in light of all the shootings we've seen here in the US, there would have been a sympathetic response had it been discussed more, I really do feel that way.

You're entitled to your opinion, and it sucks that this is a downer for you, but I really truly feel any booing was in reference to the Canadian flag being larger the the US flag, and nothing more.

Just my $0.02.
  • Dude relax.

Ok first of all I was there and it did just seem like a fun joke at the show as I'm sure it was intended to be. I may be a little sensitive due to the shooting which, even standing in the Merch line for 3 hrs I knew about.

I hear what you're saying..... Honestly, I heard about the shooting before the show, but was so wrapped up in the experience of the show that it wasn't until after it was over that I drew a correlation between the flag comment & the shooting (if there was any correlation at all, remember EV said nothing at all about the actual shooting itself)

I think in light of all the shootings we've seen here in the US, there would have been a sympathetic response had it been discussed more, I really do feel that way.

You're entitled to your opinion, and it sucks that this is a downer for you, but I really truly feel any booing was in reference to the Canadian flag being larger the the US flag, and nothing more.

Just my $0.02.
    It's all good I don't regret going to the show, or the experience overall. It just bothers me and I felt I had to say something. Thanks for the candid response.

• callencallen Posts: 6,388

All good and can understand your thoughts. I was on vacation and didn't check news. Though I didn't boo, love Canada.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Back to the positive..It was my 15th show since I got hooked in 2002...everything about the show was awesome..from the setlist to the Bands performance...What I always enjoy is the atmosphere and the way things fall into place everytime...flew in on the day of the show from Las Vegas with no ticket..met a buddy at the airport who came from Pheonix, he was nervous we wouldnt be able to get a reasonably priced ticket.drove to the venue talked to some friends of a friend about tickets w no luck..walked into the arena and bought 2 tix "behind the stage" just to get in...we were in 103..front row on Mikes side and could see the bands interaction all night which is what I love..watched the people in the pit alot of the time and it amazes me how jam packed it was and everyone is cool the whole time..that is why I love PJ concerts..oh yea and because they are the best live band ever! See you at #16 shortly I hope!
  • whoops..section 132 in front row!
  • vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    northerndragon....I met you at the airport in Milwaukee. We shared a cig and a common dislike of yellow ledbetter :0) Anyway, I ended up going to Denver....Crazy I know, it turned from just impossible, to sort of do-able, and then fuck it I just got on a flight! Sooooo glad I went. I thought of you when I heard Ed's comment. It sounded to me like the crowd was confused and were waiting for him to clarify what he meant, but he didn't and just gave that mischievous little grin of his! A total shit-disturber like you said!!! Don't worry everyone I know loves Canada!
    peace girl xox!
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• I heard eddie say merry Christmas at a show once. I was so mad! Can you believe him? It kinda ruined the show for me. It's happy holidays eddie.
  • COrock said:

Love this tattoo!

northerndragon....I met you at the airport in Milwaukee. We shared a cig and a common dislike of yellow ledbetter :0) Anyway, I ended up going to Denver....Crazy I know, it turned from just impossible, to sort of do-able, and then fuck it I just got on a flight! Sooooo glad I went. I thought of you when I heard Ed's comment. It sounded to me like the crowd was confused and were waiting for him to clarify what he meant, but he didn't and just gave that mischievous little grin of his! A total shit-disturber like you said!!! Don't worry everyone I know loves Canada!
    peace girl xox!

Holy hell hello,
    It was great meeting you that morning and hanging out before the flight. Glad you made it out to Denver, it was a good show. I was screaming and cheering so loud when he mentioned the flag and like said in and earlier post I didn't notice the booing that night. It was just when I listened to the audience boot I was a little taken aback and it bugged me. I don't think people hate Canada and I never did.
    I cheered, I sang, I jumped up and down all night in that pit - blew a knee out :p I wouldn't take it back for anything. I got my Denver pin from a fellow member today and it brought back a little of the thrill of the day and the show.
    I will get over it cause life is too short and it may be barely noticeable on the official boot.

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    So glad Hannah got her song! She was the girl who needed kidney surgery and we could buy Hannah strong like a lightning bolt shirts for
  • GstewartGstewart Delta BC Posts: 28
    Although Of the Earth didn't get a great response I thought it was stellar! Ok I must be dumb heard it a thousand times on PJ Radio; what album is it on?? Great Show, great city, great beer great people say no more! The 2$ limo ride from the wishlist party to Pepsi Centre..doesn't get better than that.
  • It was never recorded
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    To the beautiful cool blonde from Canada who hooked me up with a sticker, I really appreciate that. You rule!
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• I'm really looking forward to hearing Ghost on the boot. While it's not one of my top ten PJ tunes, (truth be told it probably doesn't crack my top 25) I still think it's a very interesting song, and was pretty psyched to hear it in Denver.
  • I think ghost is the only song they messed up that night or atleast eddie messed it up 2x
  • chiefbrodychiefbrody Denver, CO Posts: 2
    Getting back briefly to the flag thing - I am Canadian, I was at the Denver show. I took it as good-natured booing and was not offended in the least. There was just too much love in the room to have it be anything else.
    5.21.92 - Plaza of Nations, Vancouver B.C. 7.21.92 - Thunderbird Arena, Vancouver B.C. 9.4.93 - B.C. Place, Vancouver B.C. Nothingness... 10.22.14 - Pepsi Center, Denver CO