Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    It's best to store your poster flat...get them out of the tubes as soon as possible!
    Begin the flattening process by just letting them rest on a table for a couple of days.
    This should let them "open up" a bit before you begin using weights to flatten them.
    Place your posters face down on a piece of craft paper & put another piece of paper on top of the posters.
    I use small beanbags & a set of clean sandstone coasters as weights & put one on each corner of the poster...let them sit over night.
    Turn your posters over & replace the weights on the corners.
    It may take a few days to completely flatten them out.
    Store your posters in a flat file,
    photo SDC12619_zpsae462773.jpg

presentation portfolio

photo port_zps01b0f5fe.jpg
    or use a foam core display board, just like you use for science fair projects!!

photo foamcore_zps08a94eaa.jpg
    Hope this helps!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    edm826edm826 New York Posts: 23
    Awesome, thanks so much!
  • Options
    edm826 said:

Awesome, thanks so much!

Happy to help...
    Let me know if you have any other questions!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    aw435aw435 Posts: 73
    I use mylar sleeves with an acid free foam board inside. I put 1 print on each side of the foam board inside the mylar sleeve. I have a stack of them and put newer ones under a couple of the others to flatten.

I agree that storing them flat is the best way, but before I knew much about it I had a 96 Ft Lauderdale and 97 Oakland stored in tubes for around 7 years. The framers were able to flatten them and they look great.
  • Options

Took me a little while to find this one in near mint condition that wasn't vastly overpriced. Got it in a trade for a super deluxe Live On Ten Legs. Very happy to be looking for a space on the wall for it now... :\">

Huge fan of the Champaign '03 poster!

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    This is a great thread. I am about to get my 2 posters framed and I was wondering if amongst all the discussions there is an FAQ or newbie guide on how to get the posters ready for framing, what to watch out for, what to ask for etc etc.

Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    SchmaktSchmakt Charlotte Posts: 207
    Finally got my Stockholm '14 finished... I really hate that the tickets were solid white. I'm going to have to do something about that. All the rest of my posters have the tickets floated, but I think I'm going to see if I can get them to put these under the mat since it has a white core...

Pearl Jam - 28 June 2014 - Stockholm, Sweden photo 2014-06-28-PearlJam-StockholmSweden.jpg

Here are a pair of non-PJ's I got done at the same time...
    Dillinger Escape Plan opened this show, and I thought they were just horrible...
    Soundgarden were super solid and NIN... well... always such and incredible live show... no exception this time. Not one of my favorite from the tour and not one of my favorite Ames, but still...
    Soundgarden & NIN - 07 August 2014 - Charlotte, NC photo 2014-08-07-SoundgardenNIN-CharlotteNC.jpg

And a Toadies show the night after... so.so.so.so. Great.
    Neither Supersuckers nor Battleme were there though... show opened by Black Pistol Fire who were also pretty fantastic. (Although I thought I'd see that Ume was going to be there again... oh well)
    The Toadies - 08 August 2014 - Charlotte, NC photo 2014-08-08-Toadies-CharlotteNC.jpg
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    edited October 2014
    on2legs said:

I have the same frame for all of mine but not the same matte. Same disease, different embodiment...

I want to get my Borgata framed next and I'm tempted to go with the same setup but add an extra mat that's pink under the black top mat since the poster is black too. It's really messing with my OCD.
    :))
    JUST ordered this exact setup for my Borgata on Saturday through americanframe. Also similar setup for the 06 Gorge Klausen. Should arrive tomorrow, I'll post pics once I get it put together.
    Post edited by Brane_of_JFK on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427

on2legs said:

I have the same frame for all of mine but not the same matte. Same disease, different embodiment...

I want to get my Borgata framed next and I'm tempted to go with the same setup but add an extra mat that's pink under the black top mat since the poster is black too. It's really messing with my OCD.
    JUST ordered this exact setup for my Borgata on Saturday through americanframe. Also similar setup for the 06 Gorge Klausen. Should arrive tomorrow, I'll post pics once I get it put together.
    Oh cool!

Do you mind posting the catalog number for the pink mat? I want to make sure i choose the right color and sometimes its tough to do on a computer screen.

Can't wait to see your photos. Thanks!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Oh cool!

Do you mind posting the catalog number for the pink mat? I want to make sure i choose the right color and sometimes its tough to do on a computer screen.

Pretty sure it is CS9575

• Options

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Oh cool!

Pretty sure it is CS9575

Awesome... Thank you!

Did they hit you for an oversize charge with the Borgata frame?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    edited October 2014
    Was lucky enough to get into Jack White's show on Record Store Day in Nashville this year when he recorded "The Worlds Fastest Record". Got the record/sleeve, ticket, and poster all framed up and hanging over my turntable now.
    imageBlue Room photo 20141028_202704.jpg" />
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options

Was lucky enough to get into Jack White's show on Record Store Day in Nashville this year when he recorded "The Worlds Fastest Record". Got the record/sleeve, ticket, and poster all framed up and hanging over my turntable now.
    imageBlue Room photo 20141028_202704.jpg" />

Very nice...
    SWEET FRAME JOB!!!! :-bd

• Options
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Oh cool!

Pretty sure it is CS9575

Awesome... Thank you!

Yea unfortunately, but since I ordered 2 frame jobs, the total was over $125 and I had a free shipping code that saved over $20.
  • Options

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Oh cool!

Pretty sure it is CS9575

Awesome... Thank you!

Yea unfortunately, but since I ordered 2 frame jobs, the total was over $125 and I had a free shipping code that saved over $20.
    Thanks for the info! Looking forward to seeing the pics. Thanks.

• Options
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Oh cool!

Pretty sure it is CS9575

Awesome... Thank you!

Got them both framed but finished late last night, didn't take pics. The "pink" mat wasn't exactly pink, more red. Still looks good with the AC, but you may want to go for another option, if there is one. I picked the closest one that looked pink on the site. Will upload pics this evening.
  • Options
    edgesredgesr Posts: 52
    Does anyone know of UK equivalent to American Frames? Would love to have a go myself.
    Manchester 2 - 2012
    Milton Keynes - 2014
    Krakow - 2018
    London 1&2 - 2018
    Hyde Park 1&2 - 2022
    Amsterdam 1 - 2022
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    wall232 said:

imagephoto image_zps03fae700.jpg" />

Testing to see if I got this to work, hopefully it can be seen. The frame is a pewter color, it's coming across almost gold in the pic though.

Just picked this up last week, now to find a good home for it on my wall.

Love this!

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    As for cheaper framing... We got some nice deals at Hobby Lobby as well. They have a nice selection of mats and do not charge you for putting the actual thing together. Their frames are not too shabby either and most of the times on sale. We had this one done this way:
    imageimage
    And then also these, but only the one on the left has a mat.
    Right now, we're storing our latest purchases flat. Home reno has prio over framing jobs atm... But I cannot wait to move and decorate the walls in our new house with posters! Hahaha! All I'm hunting right now is a Moline poster. Fingers crossed I'll get lucky at the Tenclub sale...
  • Options
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Oh cool!

Pretty sure it is CS9575

Awesome... Thank you!

Again, the bottom Borgata mat is much more red than pink, but I still think it goes well.

• Options

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Oh cool!

Pretty sure it is CS9575

Awesome... Thank you!

Again, the bottom Borgata mat is much more red than pink, but I still think it goes well.

Looks great! I wouldn't sweat the pink... it works well and even picks up the darker pink in other parts of the poster. Nice job :D

• Options

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Oh cool!

Pretty sure it is CS9575

Awesome... Thank you!

I like the red matte...
    They BOTH look GREAT!!!
    :-bd

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 691
    Anyone have any examples of how they've shadow box framed a tambourine, either with a poster, separate, or with other show goodies?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Oh cool!

Pretty sure it is CS9575

Awesome... Thank you!

Looks great! I wouldn't sweat the pink... it works well and even picks up the darker pink in other parts of the poster. Nice job :D
    Thanks, yea I still like it without the brighter pink that I was expecting.
  • Options
    derbydave said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Oh cool!

Pretty sure it is CS9575

Awesome... Thank you!

I like the red matte...
    They BOTH look GREAT!!!
    :-bd
    Thanks, I really like how they both came out, especially the Gorge.
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    edited November 2014
    Here's my only framed poster, from Bridge 2010. Signed by Ed and Brad. No. 167 out of 214. Going to get my Wrigley Cracker Jack framed next, just soo damned expensive

Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,459

Here's my only framed poster, from Bridge 2010. Signed by Ed and Brad. No. 167 out of 214. Going to get my Wrigley Cracker Jack framed next, just soo damned expensive

Is the wrigely poster signed too? I see your avatar with a Cubs player?
    The Bridge Poster looks awesome!!!!!!! It is quite expensive when you pay someone to do it right.
    Now, to do it yourself you can save a ton of dough???
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    TJ25487 said:

The Bridge Poster looks awesome!!!!!!! It is quite expensive when you pay someone to do it right.
    The guy in that picture wishes he was a Cubs player. He's just some musician instead ;)
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    edited November 2014
    TJ25487 said:

No it's not signed. I'm gonna do it with our tickets fanned out along the bottom though. I think it was like $100. Cheaper to do it yourself but I'd rather let the pros do it, at least for the special posters. And no that is definitely not a Cubs player, although he probably wants to be from time to time :)
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    ST66483 said:

Anyone have any examples of how they've shadow box framed a tambourine, either with a poster, separate, or with other show goodies?
    Thanks in advance.

Go to the page before this one. About mid way down the page you will see a really nicely done poster set list and tamborine all done together.