framed poster thread

1364365366367369

Comments

  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 8,506
    mcgruff10 said:
    Best place to find a 12”x23” frame?  Looking to frame my 2000 Montreal.  Thanks!
    https://www.amazon.com/ArtToFrames-12x23-Satin-Picture-2WOMFRBW74079-12x23/dp/B005MX8X18
    1996: Randall's Island 2
    1998: East Rutherford, MSG 1 & 2
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus, Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3, Boston 1, Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia, Uniondale, MSG 1 & 2, Holmdel
    2005: Atlantic City 1
    2006: Camden 1, East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Newark(EV)
    2009: Philadelphia 1, 2, & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Brooklyn 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Baltimore
    2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Fenway Park 2, MSG(TOTD)
    2017: Brooklyn(RnRHOF)
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Southern IndianaPosts: 130
    I've used arttoframes for most of my stuff. They've got a lot of options, are pretty reasonable on price, and you can usually do a quick google search to find a coupon code. I went with their anti-glare plexi on the last one I framed & I'm regretting not doing it on the previous ones.
  • sheckyshecky San FranciscoPosts: 1,041
    Jason7192 said:
    I've used arttoframes for most of my stuff. They've got a lot of options, are pretty reasonable on price, and you can usually do a quick google search to find a coupon code. I went with their anti-glare plexi on the last one I framed & I'm regretting not doing it on the previous ones.
    I'm with you regarding "non-glare UV plexi". Once you've seen a poster framed with it it's hard to go back to regular UV plexi. When I first started doing my own framing I couldn't afford UV plexi so I just used whatever came with the frame and tried not to hang my posters anywhere near direct or even indirect sunlight. Then about a year ago, I started upgrading my earlier frame-ups with UV plexi. Now, I'm upgrading those to "non-glare" UV plexi and it is the ONLY thing I'll frame with from now on!
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 1,814
    edited August 17
     shecky said:
    Jason7192 said:
    I've used arttoframes for most of my stuff. They've got a lot of options, are pretty reasonable on price, and you can usually do a quick google search to find a coupon code. I went with their anti-glare plexi on the last one I framed & I'm regretting not doing it on the previous ones.
    I'm with you regarding "non-glare UV plexi". Once you've seen a poster framed with it it's hard to go back to regular UV plexi. When I first started doing my own framing I couldn't afford UV plexi so I just used whatever came with the frame and tried not to hang my posters anywhere near direct or even indirect sunlight. Then about a year ago, I started upgrading my earlier frame-ups with UV plexi. Now, I'm upgrading those to "non-glare" UV plexi and it is the ONLY thing I'll frame with from now on!

    I need to do this! Need several 22x28's - where do you buy your sheets?


    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh
    My Photo Website  Given2Flyimages.com   
    Twitter - @Given2Flyimages



  • Jason7192Jason7192 Southern IndianaPosts: 130
    myoung321 said:
     shecky said:
    Jason7192 said:
    I've used arttoframes for most of my stuff. They've got a lot of options, are pretty reasonable on price, and you can usually do a quick google search to find a coupon code. I went with their anti-glare plexi on the last one I framed & I'm regretting not doing it on the previous ones.
    I'm with you regarding "non-glare UV plexi". Once you've seen a poster framed with it it's hard to go back to regular UV plexi. When I first started doing my own framing I couldn't afford UV plexi so I just used whatever came with the frame and tried not to hang my posters anywhere near direct or even indirect sunlight. Then about a year ago, I started upgrading my earlier frame-ups with UV plexi. Now, I'm upgrading those to "non-glare" UV plexi and it is the ONLY thing I'll frame with from now on!

    I need to do this! Need several 22x28's - where do you buy your sheets?


    https://www.arttoframe.com/glass-only?glass_name=Non-Glare-Glass
  • sheckyshecky San FranciscoPosts: 1,041
    Yep, same here, Art To Frames. That size in non-glare runs just under $40. each. They ship in heavy, super sturdy boxes and it ain't cheap so I usually order 3-4 sheets at a time to help defray the cost per sheet.
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,877
    Latest addition 

    6/24/95, 11/18/97, 7/10/98, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 6/05/03, 6/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/23/04, 7/07/06, 7/22/06, 10/21/06, 8/28/09, 10/09/09, 10/23/10, 10/03/12, 11/26/13.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 14,337
    edited August 22
    The wife hung up this one in the bathroom yesterday. 



    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • CrewCrew Posts: 50
    Just finished framing this up yesterday.  Had a vision of this when I bought it, and it turned out even better than I hoped!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 5,492
    ^^^^That’s an awesome poster idea.  Nice frame job!
  • CrewCrew Posts: 50
    ^^^^That’s an awesome poster idea.  Nice frame job!
    Thanks man!!  I'm in love with it!  =D
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 9,136
    edited August 26
    See next post!
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 9,136
    edited August 26
    JOEJOEJOE said:

    Photo taken by my wife at Foos show in Glasgow.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon In My PlacePosts: 19,201
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

    Photo taken by my wife at Foos show in Glasgow.
    SHE WAS ON STAGE???
    Headstones and Watchmen Fan Boy
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 841
    Busted this one into rotation. Lined up at 6am for it. Nice art. Frame nothing, but great to display my different posters.
  • jefftjefft Posts: 142
    Loujoe said:0
    Busted this one into rotation. Lined up at 6am for it. Nice art. Frame nothing, but great to display my different posters.
    Nice!
  • juswiljuswil Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 31
    Crew said:
    Just finished framing this up yesterday.  Had a vision of this when I bought it, and it turned out even better than I hoped!
    This poster is siiiiiiiiick! Awesome concept!
    PJ Melbourne 18-02-2003 PJ Melbourne 20-11-2009 PJ Melbourne 24-01-2014 EV Melbourne 19-02-2014
  • There is a new sheriff in town.

    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.




  • ^^^^ Looks really, really nice.^^^^
    I'd have never picked that matte and it's PERFECT!! Excellent job...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18.

    EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • ^^^^ Looks really, really nice.^^^^
    I'd have never picked that matte and it's PERFECT!! Excellent job...
    Thanks a lot!! :blush: :)
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.




  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 8,506
    There is a new sheriff in town.

    You nailed it!  Nice work =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2
    1998: East Rutherford, MSG 1 & 2
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus, Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3, Boston 1, Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia, Uniondale, MSG 1 & 2, Holmdel
    2005: Atlantic City 1
    2006: Camden 1, East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Newark(EV)
    2009: Philadelphia 1, 2, & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Brooklyn 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Baltimore
    2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Fenway Park 2, MSG(TOTD)
    2017: Brooklyn(RnRHOF)
  • SM187650SM187650 CanadaPosts: 127
    There is a new sheriff in town.

    Awesome job!! 
  • SM187650SM187650 CanadaPosts: 127
    I found this frame at a local thrift store and popped mine in there.  

  • on2legs said:
    There is a new sheriff in town.

    You nailed it!  Nice work =)
    Thank you :)
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.




  • SM187650 said:
    There is a new sheriff in town.

    Awesome job!! 
    Thank you :rock_on:
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.




  • SM187650 said:
    I found this frame at a local thrift store and popped mine in there.  

    Very nice too :D
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.




  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USAPosts: 116

  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,055
    SHZA said:

    Great job!  Those look really nice, especially the chief!
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 3,076
    Does anyone have a huge portfolio case?   I have the one below, but its 18 x 24.   Does anyone have something similar that is, say 24 x 36?  or would fit 24x36 artwork?  I have some posters that are either slightly over 18x24, or some of the old big record store ones that are 24x36 and they wont fit in my current one. 

    thanks!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H7N4H2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
Sign In or Register to comment.