Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    ldent42 said:

In BC there is an ambulance charge - I'm not sure what it is, but I think I've heard in the region of $150 - $200. Nothing else pertaining to a hospital stay is charged for, but there are charges for odd other things like specialty colours of cast material (you can get the plain old white one for free), braces and crutches, outpatient physiotherapy, etc.

what about in patient physio?
    Inpatient physio is covered and it depends on whether you have any/what kind of extended health you may have for how much you pay for out patient physio.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    ldent42 said:

In BC there is an ambulance charge - I'm not sure what it is, but I think I've heard in the region of $150 - $200. Nothing else pertaining to a hospital stay is charged for, but there are charges for odd other things like specialty colours of cast material (you can get the plain old white one for free), braces and crutches, outpatient physiotherapy, etc.

Inpatient physio has no direct cost to the patient. I'm struggling with how to phrase this, because of course it isn't "free"; it's paid for by taxes and all health care consumers need to be mindful of that to minimize misuse of resources. But yes, no-one is billed for it directly.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2014
    ldent42 said:

I don't think you pay for in-patient physio. Just out-patient (even 75% or so of that is usually covered by extended medical, which any good employer provides).

I have never ever received a bill from a hospital or clinic, and no, radiology is never an extra cost if you're not talking about completely elective procedures (not sure there is any such thing when you're talking radiology tests, x-rays, etc).

Basic Healthcare covers everything you REALLY need besides prescriptions (which you also get a large amount of coverage for with extended healthcare coverage), not counting put-patient physio or thearaputic massage (perhaps there are exceptions to this too). Unless you're talking fancy casts and private rooms and shit it would be bizarre to have to pay a bill on your way out of a hospital or clinic for a non-elective/necessary stay or procedure or test.
    Ever watched Sicko? That movie gives you a bit of an idea.

No idea how Americans tolerate their Healthcare system. It's basically a criminal enterprise.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Yup. South Carolina.

As far as American healthcare, its just like any other business that want to make money....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2014
    Except that most businesses don't kill people against their will to make the money....
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Ugh I'm moving to Canada.
    Except I'm not cuz it's too cold & snow is a problem.

But yea I get that it's not exactly free. But you don't have to pay quarterly premiums to insurance A and monthly premiums to insurance B only to get kicked out on your ass cuz they've decided you don't need to be treated for more than 100 days even though the doc said you need 6 months right?

I'm sorry. I'm just aggravated as fuck and frankly I shouldn't be discussing this on the internet. But I am seriously considering getting myself settled somewhere a little less awful in a couple decades so I don't have to put myself through this b.s.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Ident42, are you really in New York city? You get snow, right? I can pretty much guarantee that the winters are warmer where I live than in NYC.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    yea i am. Snow is a problem. I just Googled Victoria, BC and see it's on the west coast. I will consider that for meself in the future.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Where's everyone at today?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I just got home from work.

So why does BB not want you to come to his party EG?
    edited October 2014

:)) I said he got "boom roasted" in some thread
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Is that like getting "high" with boom? =))
    badbrains said:

Is that like getting "high" with boom? =))
    I like that. Fuck yeah...Boooooooom
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Stupid Question:

Is Hedonist always looking for conflict or a peacekeeper? :))

That thread gave me a laugh.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Stupid Question:

No brainer, peacekeeper 100%! :-bd

Stupid Question:

She is looking for conflict - so she can smooth it out!
    Hedonist is quite intelligent, and that sometimes comes off as contrite, or irksome.. But I say peacekeeper all the way!

Stupid Question:

Ask big bank hank? Lol

Stupid Question:

Ask big bank hank? Lol
    This is funny!!

This does not qualify as a stupid question...correct phrasing is 'why do I feel all alone here?'

P.S. I imagine it's most people's first day back to work after rocking the last of the tour which means way too busy.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

This does not qualify as a stupid question...correct phrasing is 'why do I feel all alone here?'

P.S. I imagine it's most people's first day back to work after rocking the last of the tour which means way too busy.

I feel that it does qualify as a stupid question. Didn't you see who asked it? =))

I feel that it does qualify as a stupid question. Didn't you see who asked it? =))
    we need a kick to the nuts smiley
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Wouldn't using a kick in the nuts smiley get someone banned????

Also I don't know Empty so I can't comment although starting a thread asking to go to a party does carry a certain wiff of desperation that is questionable...

edited October 2014

Also I don't know Empty so I can't comment although starting a thread asking to go to a party does carry a certain wiff of desperation that is questionable...

=))

You may have a point
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

=D>

Funny thing is, I don't know him either!!! :P

we need a kick to the nuts smiley
    We can use this instead of a smiley

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Hedonist is quite intelligent, and that sometimes comes off as contrite, or irksome.. But I say peacekeeper all the way!

I'm so confused on this - nice but then...the hell?

Never been my intent to get under anyone's skin..and contrite? I'm typically not remorseful unless warranted.

But...thank you?

Sure, fuck it. Thank you!

(and, Empty, as to your conflict question...

...can I even say "dumb" anymore here? :D)

You're alright, man. A good sport.
    hedonist said:

Never been my intent to get under anyone's skin..and contrite? I'm typically not remorseful unless warranted.

But...thank you?

The overall message is that sometimes intelligent, witty and sometimes sarcastic people can come off very differently when seen written on a page, but you are a good person who is more of a peacekeeper than a shit disturber.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

hedonist said:

But...thank you?

The overall message is that sometimes intelligent, witty and sometimes sarcastic people can come off very differently when seen written on a page, but you are a good person who is more of a peacekeeper than a shit disturber.

Add to that the qualities of being up front and honest which sometimes can include a little shit stirring AND peacekeeping both and all put out there forthrightly (aka, "no bullshit"). :-)

Stupid question: How did we get here?!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.