*** Denver Fanviews Here 10/22/14 ***

Comments

• KM206988KM206988 Denver, CO Posts: 28

Got in the GA line at 6am.. First people beat us by like 18 hours.. Had great people by us From Cody wy, from LA, from denver.. Got in the merch line at 8:45 with about 10 others and after a few minutes the line was easily 100ppl deep. I protested standing in lines so I sat in lines instead. I seriously love these people at these shows. Hilarity and stories.. The sun started to set and the sun burn set in, the GA line condensed and people returned their camping gear to their cars. The anticipation just continued to build. The line would move and people would cheer, finally we were in the building... Speed walking to our fateful spots on the floor for the faithfull. My wife and I ended up right there with the same people we had been chumming with all day, the party continues. After what seemed like months of waiting for the building to fill up and the house lights to dim, we finally arrive at our climax after what seemed like weeks of foreplay.
    Denver was released immediately, followed by lowlight, the crowd singing all along. My eyes wouldn't stop watering with every word I sang at the top of my lungs. The tempo picks up gradually with elderly woman, but the boys crank it up to 11 with last exit and why go. This sets the tone for the night, these guys know how to produce a show. A few from lightning bolt fill some gaps before evenflow melts your face off and blows off your socks. Before you can even get your socks back on they assault you with a ripping version of ghost. After the ghost passes we are reminded that we mustn't dwell in the past but stick in the present with a wave known as present tense, that song speaks to me on so many levels, sonically, it's a wave that could remain merely a ripple but it turns into a tsunami of sound that catapults you from a brooding heart broken teenager to an ever present omniscient observer of the NOW. From the present to the future as we kick our evolution into overdrive with DTE, and since melting our faces and stealing our socks couldn't be enough for mr mccready he decides to stone us with an eruption that would make any super volcano jealous. Blasting into the 8th time of the earth has been played live, I was shocked at how awesome this song is live, like a 3rd graders lunch sandwich, this song was filled with jam.

I could go on about every song played as none of it was hum-drum for me or the people around me in the pit, but I'll spare the potatoes and get to the meat.

Stone busts out no lip for the beggars in attendance. Lukin erected out of a nice improv.

Mike wrecked a globe and his finger in the tear down of porch as Eddie came into the crowd and shook my wife's hand among others. She said they "had a moment" eye contact and a firm handshake, evidence of true admiration and respect from both ends.

Future days, sleight of hand, imagine, mother, last kiss, for the starting lineup of the 1st encore, but the itch to rock is too great and once the crowd was jonesing for another one two punch we get knocked out with breath, leash, and RVM. Absolute knock down, drag out, combination.

Bam! end of 2nd encore.
    They come back and tackle us again with once then pick us up and dust us off with black. The solos, the crowd singing. The chemistry on stage. What a night.

Solat, betterman(sifl), life wasted, all were well received well by the crowd. As they bust into alive we know the inevitable is upon us and there is little chance for an all nighter so we strap on our rock gear for a few more minutes of heaven. The night is closed out with baba, yellowed and the Star-Spangled Banner. A gracious soaking of champagne for mccready and the front 5 rows. A group bow for the end of the show and tour and there you have it, denver, 2014, 24 years of pearl jam. My 17th show, my wife's 3rd.

24 hours later and I still have the post show buzz.
    Thanks to everyone we met, jessica from wy, Ryan from denver, everyone else that I may not remember their names. The lady from Ottawa, the girls from denver in the merch line, hope you keep that tambourine forever blondie.

Thanks for reading, thanks for being great!

Jay

Thanks for summing it up in such a perfect way. That tambourine is in a shadowbox proudly displayed with my ticket, sticker, and GA bracelet and I wouldn't give it up for the world. It was awesome hanging with you guys in the merch line. Your hilarity made standing in line for hours way more fun. See you around the bend!

Kristi
    Sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky _.. a human being that was given to fly _..
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Ghost (even though Ed fucked it up a little), P Tense, DTE, Eruption into Of The Earth followed by Given to Fly was an absolute onslaught for me! Highlight of the show. http://youtu.be/USQVXJ_Tlao

Also, as others have stated the trifecta of Breath, Leash, and RVM was super cool. Such a jam at the end of RVM. The band was on fire all night. Especially Mike. I thought Ed sounded the best I've seen of my three shows this tour (STL, Tulsa, and Denver)
  • adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    KM206988 said:

Got in the GA line at 6am.. First people beat us by like 18 hours.. Had great people by us From Cody wy, from LA, from denver.. Got in the merch line at 8:45 with about 10 others and after a few minutes the line was easily 100ppl deep. I protested standing in lines so I sat in lines instead. I seriously love these people at these shows. Hilarity and stories.. The sun started to set and the sun burn set in, the GA line condensed and people returned their camping gear to their cars. The anticipation just continued to build. The line would move and people would cheer, finally we were in the building... Speed walking to our fateful spots on the floor for the faithfull. My wife and I ended up right there with the same people we had been chumming with all day, the party continues. After what seemed like months of waiting for the building to fill up and the house lights to dim, we finally arrive at our climax after what seemed like weeks of foreplay.
    Denver was released immediately, followed by lowlight, the crowd singing all along. My eyes wouldn't stop watering with every word I sang at the top of my lungs. The tempo picks up gradually with elderly woman, but the boys crank it up to 11 with last exit and why go. This sets the tone for the night, these guys know how to produce a show. A few from lightning bolt fill some gaps before evenflow melts your face off and blows off your socks. Before you can even get your socks back on they assault you with a ripping version of ghost. After the ghost passes we are reminded that we mustn't dwell in the past but stick in the present with a wave known as present tense, that song speaks to me on so many levels, sonically, it's a wave that could remain merely a ripple but it turns into a tsunami of sound that catapults you from a brooding heart broken teenager to an ever present omniscient observer of the NOW. From the present to the future as we kick our evolution into overdrive with DTE, and since melting our faces and stealing our socks couldn't be enough for mr mccready he decides to stone us with an eruption that would make any super volcano jealous. Blasting into the 8th time of the earth has been played live, I was shocked at how awesome this song is live, like a 3rd graders lunch sandwich, this song was filled with jam.

I could go on about every song played as none of it was hum-drum for me or the people around me in the pit, but I'll spare the potatoes and get to the meat.

Stone busts out no lip for the beggars in attendance. Lukin erected out of a nice improv.

Mike wrecked a globe and his finger in the tear down of porch as Eddie came into the crowd and shook my wife's hand among others. She said they "had a moment" eye contact and a firm handshake, evidence of true admiration and respect from both ends.

Future days, sleight of hand, imagine, mother, last kiss, for the starting lineup of the 1st encore, but the itch to rock is too great and once the crowd was jonesing for another one two punch we get knocked out with breath, leash, and RVM. Absolute knock down, drag out, combination.

Bam! end of 2nd encore.
    They come back and tackle us again with once then pick us up and dust us off with black. The solos, the crowd singing. The chemistry on stage. What a night.

Solat, betterman(sifl), life wasted, all were well received well by the crowd. As they bust into alive we know the inevitable is upon us and there is little chance for an all nighter so we strap on our rock gear for a few more minutes of heaven. The night is closed out with baba, yellowed and the Star-Spangled Banner. A gracious soaking of champagne for mccready and the front 5 rows. A group bow for the end of the show and tour and there you have it, denver, 2014, 24 years of pearl jam. My 17th show, my wife's 3rd.

Thanks to everyone we met, jessica from wy, Ryan from denver, everyone else that I may not remember their names. The lady from Ottawa, the girls from denver in the merch line, hope you keep that tambourine forever blondie.

Jay

Thanks for summing it up in such a perfect way. That tambourine is in a shadowbox proudly displayed with my ticket, sticker, and GA bracelet and I wouldn't give it up for the world. It was awesome hanging with you guys in the merch line. Your hilarity made standing in line for hours way more fun. See you around the bend!

Kristi
    Hi Kristi congrats! I was the guy in the lightning bolt shirt, birthday hat and glasses rocking out right next to you. Thanks for the drink of champagne :)
  • One thing that wasn't mentioned is that Jeff and Mike switched instruments at the end for a while...
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    and ed jumped on the drums :)
  • Awesome show!! Totally worth the flight from Baltimore :)
    I am myself, like you somehow
  • KM206988KM206988 Denver, CO Posts: 28
    adamg5 said:

KM206988 said:

Bam! end of 2nd encore.

Jay

Kristi
    Hi Kristi congrats! I was the guy in the lightning bolt shirt, birthday hat and glasses rocking out right next to you. Thanks for the drink of champagne :)
    Anytime!! I'm so glad we were surrounded by awesome people the whole time! Thanks for rocking out with us! Also, for the sake of the ranters- I'm not sure if it was mentioned that Ed only fell down 3 times this show! Not too shabby!
    Sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky _.. a human being that was given to fly _..
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited October 2014
    Got home at 3am this morning.... 1300 mile road trip. Worth every freakin mile!!!!! Loved our McCready side reserved seats. It allowed me to get some pretty good shots. My favs always have fans in them. Love the emotion it shows of the moment......

Going to take some time to go through the images... since I'm exhausted...but DAMN.. STILL FLOATING FROM THIS SHOW...wow....just wow..

Even popped to the section behind the stage for a few seconds to get a couple of shots... hey bathroom break shots..haha

Will be posting more to my Denver Gallery over that next few days.
    myoungimages.com/Category/Denver-Pepsi-Center-Oct-22/n-wbrNB
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    warp420 said:

photo IMG_9644_zps496d38e9.jpg

I was so upset I missed that shot.. by the time I thought to take one it was too late.. great moment.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• xhausted1xhausted1 Posts: 126
    myoung321 said:

warp420 said:

photo IMG_9644_zps496d38e9.jpg

I was so upset I missed that shot.. by the time I thought to take one it was too late.. great moment.
    You have posted some great pictures. I can't wait to see the rest!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    myoung321 said:

Got home at 3am this morning.... 1300 mile road trip. Worth every freakin mile!!!!! Loved our McCready side reserved seats. It allowed me to get some pretty good shots. My favs always have fans in them. Love the emotion it shows of the moment......

Going to take some time to go through the images... since I'm exhausted...but DAMN.. STILL FLOATING FROM THIS SHOW...wow....just wow..

wow! some great shots! :-bd

did anyone mention they did Breath and a little ditty I like to call "Leash"? :))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Expanding on my earlier comment in this board.

Having seen the boys play ACL#2, I was even MORE excited for this show. I dig festival shows, but they tend to "play the hits" more at those shows, and I was jazzed for a few more deep cuts in Denver.

This was also the FIRST time seeing the band with my new bride - and Denver was her FIRST ever Pearl Jam show.

We didn't win the 10C lottery, but procured our seats through Altitude - landed in section 116, which was great! Straight on look at the stage over the sea of floor seats and GA ticketholders. A comfy place to be.

Earlier in the day I spent waiting in the merch line for about an hour before just giving up and heading back to the hotel. I knew anything I wanted would be gone by the time I got up there. Figured I'd either suffer eBay or kind traders here. I didn't wanna wait in line inside either (by the time I got inside, the line was down about 20 sections…). I required beer.

The show was fantastic! I kinda felt bad for my wife who - while super excited - wasn't very familiar with too much. Think she went to the bathroom during Of the Earth… :-/

Oddities (from my narcissistic perspective):
    • There was this couple directly in front of us, who were obviously on ecstasy… They couldn't keep their heads up at all. They made out and dry-humped the ENTIRE show. I'm not exaggerating. They made out and ignored the music, band, crowd, etc the ENTIRE show! I had taken a picture of this duo for future shaming, but I thought that might be a dick move so I've since changed my mind. I felt kinda horrible that the show sold out and these two were licking each other's faces and giving each other hand jobs, ignoring this epic show - like their seats should have gone to one of US who couldn't get tix because the show sold out. Their seats were wasted on them.

• Beer shower by some cat who decided to toss his drink all over us. I guess someone called him out on one of the Facebook communities, but like I said on there… I wasn't wearing my Sunday best… All in the name of the rock gods… besides…

•…the fun-lovin' dude in flannel behind me poured his whole beer on my arm about three songs earlier! HAHAHAHAHAHA! It was all cool. I wasn't mad. I come to expect these things. Crazy shit was afoot in section 116 :-)

Favorite highlights:
    • The Release, Low Light, Elderly Woman trifecta was AMAZING…but not as amazing as the Breath, Leash, RVM trifecta! HOLY FUCK!

• Of the Earth - just a privilege to be in the crowd for that one…

• Leatherman and Don't Give Me No Lip - big smile on my face for those :-)

• Ghost… lost a little momentum, but fun to hear nonetheless.

• Someone turned me onto the PJ Stat Tracker app - found out I'm only one song away from completing Lightning Bolt live!!!! :-)

This was my 8th Pearl Jam show.

Cannot wait for #9!

Love the band. Love the fans. Thank you!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • michaelomichaelo Morgantown, PA. USA Posts: 57
    edited October 2014
    ooops
    Post edited by michaelo on
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 541
    Show was incredible. Just one question Dmitri. Why isn't Star Spangled Banner #40, instead of joined with YL?
  • That wasn't a song.
  • mpar17mpar17 Posts: 161

That wasn't a song.

But they listed it for the Milwaukee show and it's tracked on the PJ website. Played 8 times including Denver.
    96 Hartford
    98 Hartford
    10 Hartford
    13 Hartford
    14 Denver
    16 MSG 1+2, Fenway 2
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited October 2014
    Funny how Eruption counts as a song but the SSB doesn't.

2nd time I've seen them end the show this way (first was Brooklyn 2 last year) & I have to say, there's no better way for them to end the night.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Mike was rough on his equipment.. His roadie had a look of horror a few times over the night.. Thanks to everyone in the pit for being so cool and fun the whole night. The gang from Utah (Ryan and Company) was especially nice, thanks for the champagne!!
  • This was my first show with Ten Club seats...awesome seats, awesome show. Release Me is one of my favorite songs/prayers/chants and it made me tear up to hear the whole crowd singing it together so joyously at the start of the show. Thanks for such a beautiful night!
  • chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    Denver was my 11th show... 2nd in the US... what a show!!!! From start to finish.... a classic Gem!!! Scratched 11 songs off my "never heard" list. Wished for Pendulum and Getaway... well next time!

Heard "Of The Earth"... this WAS the highlight of the night!!!!! Looked a bit more like an album version... they polished it.....Wash was scratched off the setlist... this would've been good!! All and all a classic for the ages!!! Thank you all for the nice afternoon in line. I'm Eric, the french guy from Montreal Québec who was with Alex in GA... Thanks to the fellow in GA who was with his sister... had a "blast"... thanks for the equipment...
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    edited October 2014
    Guys That Was An Incredible Beyond Show! Happy I was in the room (almost didn't make it but forces have their ways:))) I was first row behind stage, what a fantastic place to experience the band! The pit and the entire venue lit up behind the band, rising and falling with waves of incredible sound and energy. It has to be the most overall intensely moving show involving people and music that I've ever seen. Little moments, like EV gathering up his cell phone to take a selfie with the crowd, and the looks between band members, made me feel like I was literally on stage with them. What a ride!

Since I could see the faces in the pit of the friends I made down there at the St. Paul show, (which is where I would have been if I made the Denver flt the night before), but I was soooo happy where I was and totally enjoying it with them. Around the time Ed gives a shout out and has us applaud for all the military people, I realize the tremendous impact this band has made for people in these 24 years and I start to cry.

Other highlights for me were Ed's voice, it was so big and resonate, just really supernatural at times, with the merging of guitar sounds around it, was indescribably good. Mike was super-melty and I could hear him so clearly from the back which was surprising. Then add Matt's driving ferocity and Boom's sonic ability to round everything out...seriously what the fuck is this not the best music I've ever heard live???!!!

Yes, it is. And my first favorite band live was YES. So bravo, guys. "Imagine" was a very special thing to witness from behind the stage, I will never forget it. Then out of nowhere, a melody I've never heard before takes me to some long ago forgotten place, it is so beautiful and then suddenly "Lukin"! I learn from my pit buddies this is "Slow Lukin." I think I will call it "just rip open my heart and spill it out all over the floor-kin!!"
    :))
    Of all the songs they played that night, "My Father's Son" was super special to me. I have two brothers who are missing (non-military) and chose to leave the family right after my parent's divorce. I said if they played this in Denver it was a sign I should try to find my brothers. This song helps me to understand why they felt the need to leave the family, but also - it seriously fucking rocks! They nailed it. One brother is a musician and sound mixer who worked in NYC and I know he mixed a live album for a duo called Seb and Cait. The track playing as the band walked out sounded to me like her voice, or was I maybe just still high and hopeful from the show.....?

Thankyou to everyone I met from St. Paul to Milwaukee to Denver, and for making the ride possible: Brad and Sam, the "B" girls Barb and Barbie, Ivan and Nancy and Lizzie and Mike D and the single girl from Colorado who I told don't worry if you are a Pearl Jam Fan, you are never alone!!!!
    LOVE AND LIGHT XOX!!!!
    V.
    Post edited by vickisomoya on
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• Just got home from Denver from from PJ Journey 2014. Worth every obstacle to get there and back. It was my own PJ20! What an amazing show!!! Too many faves to list. Glad I was there.
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • PN3987PN3987 Portland, OR Posts: 34
    I really wasn't planning on going to denver to see Pearl Jam since I live in Portland, OR but when you get picked for a pair of GA tix via the fan club you gotta go. Worth the money. I had a great prefunk at the Brooklyn Pub where you could see the GA Line. Most of those people had been there all day. Once I saw the line moving I finished up my beer and got inside in less than 10 minutes and was ab out 15 rows of people dead center for the concert. No pushing in the Pit but a lot of vertical jumping around.
  • KL40564KL40564 Posts: 71
    You know, I could only think of one downside for that show. What if that was someone's first rock concert? How could any show live up to that, after that? I have seen SO many rock shows in the last 30 years - from the Police's farewell tour, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Van Morrison... etc. That was my top Pearl Jam show by a stretch, and in the top five of the hundreds of shows I have been to. Another update from this page - this show will be released on 11/26. I am guessing about 34 CDs will be needed to cover this one.
    www.IamCorrect.com
  • COrockCOrock Denver, CO Posts: 4
    This was my first Pearl Jam concert and I am still in awe at how incredible it was! I was in section 104 so I had a pretty good view but thank you everyone for posting close-up pictures. The concert exceeded my expectations by far and the audience made it even better! The day after, I decided to get a combination Colorado/Pearl Jam tattoo (with the words written in Ed's handwriting, of course). What a week this has been. :)
  • PN3987 said:

I really wasn't planning on going to denver to see Pearl Jam since I live in Portland, OR but when you get picked for a pair of GA tix via the fan club you gotta go. Worth the money. I had a great prefunk at the Brooklyn Pub where you could see the GA Line. Most of those people had been there all day. Once I saw the line moving I finished up my beer and got inside in less than 10 minutes and was ab out 15 rows of people dead center for the concert. No pushing in the Pit but a lot of vertical jumping around.

This, friends, is how you do GA! :) I did the same thing in PHX - while I didn't have the rail, I did have my entire day free, and still got to see a great show from a prime location on the floor!
  • COrock said:

This was my first Pearl Jam concert and I am still in awe at how incredible it was! I was in section 104 so I had a pretty good view but thank you everyone for posting close-up pictures. The concert exceeded my expectations by far and the audience made it even better! The day after, I decided to get a combination Colorado/Pearl Jam tattoo (with the words written in Ed's handwriting, of course). What a week this has been. :)

Amazing tattoo and great first post! :)
  • Hold OnHold On Posts: 80
    Definitely among my top PJ shows. Probably a close 2nd after Philly on 10/31/09. Hard to find any downside at all to a perfect show. I think it ranks second longest after Philly (unless you count "the experiment" in Boston 2003). Anyone know of any longer PJ shows besides Philly and Boston?
  • vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    edited October 2014
    Colorado fan - That tattoo is totally bad ass!

Post edited by vickisomoya on
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• COrockCOrock Denver, CO Posts: 4
    Thank you Colorado Fan and vickisomoya!!! I'm very happy to have the memory not only in my head, but permanently engraved onto my body as well. :)

Does anyone have a video of Breath? I found one on YouTube but would like to find one closer to the stage.