*** Denver Fanviews Here 10/22/14 ***

Comments

• thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 118
    TW67747 said:

I think the flag comment was about the events of the day up in the great north

Possibly, yes. Absolutely. But that flag actually was/is bigger too!
    Fair enough.. I was so stoned they were both changing in size lol.. Great fucking show
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Sounds like it was a great show. I WASN'T THERE, but I wish I was!
  • michaelomichaelo Morgantown, PA. USA Posts: 57
    I just couldn't tell if it was the awesome weed or the awesome music..... of course it was both with a sprinkling of good crowd and new friends. What a great show with a killer RVM and enough great guitar licks to last me till we meet again. Thanks for such a great time guys.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited October 2014
    That was the 8th time I've seen RVM live, & it was hands down the best I've seen.

Edit (thanks stat tracker!)
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    We switched switched seats and watched from behind the stage for the two encores. The video on the screens behind the stage was backwards. Is that some effect of showing the video to the front of the audience?
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • I was behind the stage, the flag was bigger.

Great concert and even better people watching. I wish I could travel around the crowd filming people dancing, bobbing heads, etc.
  • As always, incredible show. Band was really tight last night. Not many mistakes other than Ed starting Ghost a little early a couple times. I thought the crowd was amazing. Very loud and really into the show.

Ed told a funny little story about the day after October 22. Can't remember it word for word but he ended it saying he gave his 30 days notice at his job on October 25th. Got a good laugh from the crowd.

Of the Earth was incredible!

It went something like this: on the 22nd we played our first show, the 23rd we recorded our 8 or 9 song demo, the 24th I went back to San Diego and the gas station job, then on the 25th once it all sank in I gave my 30 day notice

• fdavidfdavid Indianapolis Posts: 71
    Sane Mary said:

I found an iPod shuffle in Denver at section 126 row 1. If it is yours, message me and I'll get it to you.

Nice of you. (Not mine). The guy behind me stole my black & silver L bolt T during star spangled banner. XL & they were sold out after show. Oh well, it's the only hiccup in an otherwise perfect day. What a show.
    Soldier Field 95, Indy/Deer Creek 98, Indy/Deer Creek 2000, Cinci 2006, Tampa 2008, Columbus 2010, Indy 2010, Chicago United Center 2009, PJ20 Alpine Valley both, Chicago Wrigley 2013, Philly 2013 night 2, Charlotte 13, LA 1 '13, LA2 '13, Cinci '14, Denver '14, Tampa '16, Lexington '16, Chicago Wrigley Nite 1 2016
  • animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    No Lip! then Leash followed by RVM is awesome!
  • fdavidfdavid Indianapolis Posts: 71

As always, incredible show. Band was really tight last night. Not many mistakes other than Ed starting Ghost a little early a couple times. I thought the crowd was amazing. Very loud and really into the show.

Ed told a funny little story about the day after October 22. Can't remember it word for word but he ended it saying he gave his 30 days notice at his job on October 25th. Got a good laugh from the crowd.

It went something like this: on the 22nd we played our first show, the 23rd we recorded our 8 or 9 song demo, the 24th I went back to San Diego and the gas station job, then on the 25th once it all sank in I gave my 30 day notice

"And there's something great about being able to say, "I'm outta here"".
    Soldier Field 95, Indy/Deer Creek 98, Indy/Deer Creek 2000, Cinci 2006, Tampa 2008, Columbus 2010, Indy 2010, Chicago United Center 2009, PJ20 Alpine Valley both, Chicago Wrigley 2013, Philly 2013 night 2, Charlotte 13, LA 1 '13, LA2 '13, Cinci '14, Denver '14, Tampa '16, Lexington '16, Chicago Wrigley Nite 1 2016
  • KL40564KL40564 Posts: 71
    I too was at this show, and as you have read it was just incredible... even by Pearl Jam standards. I wrote up a decently thorough review for those who want the intimate details.
    http://maybeiamwrong.blogspot.com/2014/10/pearl-jam-live-in-denver-10222014.html
    www.IamCorrect.com
    edited October 2014

Post edited by KL40564 on
    www.IamCorrect.com
  • calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    What a show. My seventh and by far the best. Even though I was in section 379, the sound and visibility were perfect. Met some very nice people up there Release, MFS, Leatherman, Setting Forth, Lukin, Present Tense, BREATH!!!!!!!!! (I started the thread requesting it, incredible to hear it again after exactly one year in Philly 13) Leash. I would have to say the versions of Once and specially RVM are the best I've heard in years. I actually tend to skip RVM on the bootlegs, but yesterday it recovered all the fury, rage and emotion of old shows IMHO.

To finish an unforgettable show, during Yellow Ledbetter, Jeff saw my flag and made a gesture at me raising his hand. I almost shit my pants.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Oh one more thought..I saw someone else mention it too but that live video of the concert was like watching movie. Multiple angles, color changes, effects/transitions, artisitic shots all done in real time. My favorite was Mike's fish eye camera of his foot pedal. I hope they release video bootlegs of the concerts someday.
  • calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440

Oh one more thought..I saw someone else mention it too but that live video of the concert was like watching movie. Multiple angles, color changes, effects/transitions, artisitic shots all done in real time. My favorite was Mike's fish eye camera of his foot pedal. I hope they release video bootlegs of the concerts someday.

Yes, that camera in Mike's pedal, sweet!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • fdavid said:

As always, incredible show. Band was really tight last night. Not many mistakes other than Ed starting Ghost a little early a couple times. I thought the crowd was amazing. Very loud and really into the show.

"And there's something great about being able to say, "I'm outta here"".
    Yep. Great story.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1

My first and only show on this tour. Couldn't help notice the video production on the screens. Has it been this good the whole tour? I thought I was watching a DVD of the show.

I was watching this very closely. This camera gear was MUCH nicer than just filming for a jumbotron. Also, as mentioned, the cinemetography was increible. Even though I had great seats, I found myself watching the screens to see the beautiful camera work. There is NO way they put that much work and expense into something just for the cheap seats to watch. That was all professional gear. That show was being recorded for absolute sure. The question is, will we ever get to see it? Time will tell.

www.IamCorrect.com
  • lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Hard to explaine the joy I felt walking out of this show. So many great moments/goose bumps.

Took a friend for his first show. Told him that he just witnessed one amazing show. All he could say was that was incredible!

So much fun. Thank you pearl jam for another once in a lifetime experience!!!!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    KL40564 said:

My first and only show on this tour. Couldn't help notice the video production on the screens. Has it been this good the whole tour? I thought I was watching a DVD of the show.

I was watching this very closely. This camera gear was MUCH nicer than just filming for a jumbotron. Also, as mentioned, the cinemetography was increible. Even though I had great seats, I found myself watching the screens to see the beautiful camera work. There is NO way they put that much work and expense into something just for the cheap seats to watch. That was all professional gear. That show was being recorded for absolute sure. The question is, will we ever get to see it? Time will tell.

They've been using the same video set up for all the shows. And yes it was awesome and I too found myself watching the video even though I was close to the stage.
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    It was quite the evening. Such a joy!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Energy was great in the pit. Everyone was super pumped, polite etc

Longest show ever? Most songs for a show at 39?
  • OthneilOthneil Posts: 31
    edited October 2014
    What a bad ass show. Strong energy, major props to the band bringing the heat on the last stop of the tour. Very impressive.

Best ever? Well that's a stretch, but damn that was fun.

Thank you PJ for finally coming back to my hometown and putting on a spectacular show for all my friends who don't travel. After last night, they are all hard core born again Pearl Jammers! Fortunately I've been along for the ride the whole time....grinning ear to ear baby.

You rock.
    Post edited by Othneil on
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Fantastic show! The run from Breath to RVM was sick. Calves definitely hurting today from all the junping!!! Was about 10-12 deep in front of Ed and the energy was incredible. Of the Earth, No Lip and Imagine into Mother...just amazing. Plus Leash!! FINALLY was able to close out Vs. after all these years! Met so many awesome people and got to hang out with friends that I haven't seen since last year's tour. Couldn't stop smiling then or now! Met a man at Brooklyn's who was taking his son to his first show on his 21st birthday. He looked so excited before the show so hope it was his best birthday ever!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    adamg5 said:

Energy was great in the pit. Everyone was super pumped, polite etc

Longest show ever? Most songs for a show at 39?

38 songs actually. Longest show is Mansfield #3 2003
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 118
    edited October 2014
    Got in the GA line at 6am.. First people beat us by like 18 hours.. Had great people by us From Cody wy, from LA, from denver.. Got in the merch line at 8:45 with about 10 others and after a few minutes the line was easily 100ppl deep. I protested standing in lines so I sat in lines instead. I seriously love these people at these shows. Hilarity and stories.. The sun started to set and the sun burn set in, the GA line condensed and people returned their camping gear to their cars. The anticipation just continued to build. The line would move and people would cheer, finally we were in the building... Speed walking to our fateful spots on the floor for the faithfull. My wife and I ended up right there with the same people we had been chumming with all day, the party continues. After what seemed like months of waiting for the building to fill up and the house lights to dim, we finally arrive at our climax after what seemed like weeks of foreplay.
    Denver was released immediately, followed by lowlight, the crowd singing all along. My eyes wouldn't stop watering with every word I sang at the top of my lungs. The tempo picks up gradually with elderly woman, but the boys crank it up to 11 with last exit and why go. This sets the tone for the night, these guys know how to produce a show. A few from lightning bolt fill some gaps before evenflow melts your face off and blows off your socks. Before you can even get your socks back on they assault you with a ripping version of ghost. After the ghost passes we are reminded that we mustn't dwell in the past but stick in the present with a wave known as present tense, that song speaks to me on so many levels, sonically, it's a wave that could remain merely a ripple but it turns into a tsunami of sound that catapults you from a brooding heart broken teenager to an ever present omniscient observer of the NOW. From the present to the future as we kick our evolution into overdrive with DTE, and since melting our faces and stealing our socks couldn't be enough for mr mccready he decides to stone us with an eruption that would make any super volcano jealous. Blasting into the 8th time of the earth has been played live, I was shocked at how awesome this song is live, like a 3rd graders lunch sandwich, this song was filled with jam.

I could go on about every song played as none of it was hum-drum for me or the people around me in the pit, but I'll spare the potatoes and get to the meat.

Stone busts out no lip for the beggars in attendance. Lukin erected out of a nice improv.

Mike wrecked a globe and his finger in the tear down of porch as Eddie came into the crowd and shook my wife's hand among others. She said they "had a moment" eye contact and a firm handshake, evidence of true admiration and respect from both ends.

Future days, sleight of hand, imagine, mother, last kiss, for the starting lineup of the 1st encore, but the itch to rock is too great and once the crowd was jonesing for another one two punch we get knocked out with breath, leash, and RVM. Absolute knock down, drag out, combination.

Bam! end of 2nd encore.
    They come back and tackle us again with once then pick us up and dust us off with black. The solos, the crowd singing. The chemistry on stage. What a night.

Solat, betterman(sifl), life wasted, all were well received well by the crowd. As they bust into alive we know the inevitable is upon us and there is little chance for an all nighter so we strap on our rock gear for a few more minutes of heaven. The night is closed out with baba, yellowed and the Star-Spangled Banner. A gracious soaking of champagne for mccready and the front 5 rows. A group bow for the end of the show and tour and there you have it, denver, 2014, 24 years of pearl jam. My 17th show, my wife's 3rd.

24 hours later and I still have the post show buzz.
    Thanks to everyone we met, jessica from wy, Ryan from denver, everyone else that I may not remember their names. The lady from Ottawa, the girls from denver in the merch line, hope you keep that tambourine forever blondie.

Thanks for reading, thanks for being great!

Jay
    Post edited by thebuilder on
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Dude, awesome metaphors! The guy bitching about the poor fanviews shouldn't be disappointed in this. Good for you and your wife!
  • To `the builder` I was on the other side of blondie and also shook Ed's hand, and in a million years I could never have eloquently summed up that wonderful Denver evening as you just have. Well done Sir.
  • Amazing show. We came up from Dallas to see it and after a few strikeouts in my last couple of concerts I finally got to hear RVM live. OMG WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!!! The whole show was played harder than I have ever seen. Loved the couple of rarities and as always I love the interaction the band has with the crowd. We were in section DDD 3rd row (which are pretty damn good floor seats, thanks 10C) and I felt like I was standing 10 feet from them. Fav part of 10C is that I am surrounded by fans like me, not a bunch of yuppies that just want to hear 1 or 2 hits. We met a nice couple from Canada and a Denver fan who called release as the opener 30 minutes before.

What a night. What a show. What a band. Keep on rockin boys.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055

Oh one more thought..I saw someone else mention it too but that live video of the concert was like watching movie. Multiple angles, color changes, effects/transitions, artisitic shots all done in real time. My favorite was Mike's fish eye camera of his foot pedal. I hope they release video bootlegs of the concerts someday.

Forgot about the board cams. Saw that in Milwaukee. That was cool. Bring back the Matt Cam!
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Got in the GA line at 6am.. First people beat us by like 18 hours.. Had great people by us From Cody wy, from LA, from denver.. Got in the merch line at 8:45 with about 10 others and after a few minutes the line was easily 100ppl deep. I protested standing in lines so I sat in lines instead. I seriously love these people at these shows. Hilarity and stories.. The sun started to set and the sun burn set in, the GA line condensed and people returned their camping gear to their cars. The anticipation just continued to build. The line would move and people would cheer, finally we were in the building... Speed walking to our fateful spots on the floor for the faithfull. My wife and I ended up right there with the same people we had been chumming with all day, the party continues. After what seemed like months of waiting for the building to fill up and the house lights to dim, we finally arrive at our climax after what seemed like weeks of foreplay.
    Denver was released immediately, followed by lowlight, the crowd singing all along. My eyes wouldn't stop watering with every word I sang at the top of my lungs. The tempo picks up gradually with elderly woman, but the boys crank it up to 11 with last exit and why go. This sets the tone for the night, these guys know how to produce a show. A few from lightning bolt fill some gaps before evenflow melts your face off and blows off your socks. Before you can even get your socks back on they assault you with a ripping version of ghost. After the ghost passes we are reminded that we mustn't dwell in the past but stick in the present with a wave known as present tense, that song speaks to me on so many levels, sonically, it's a wave that could remain merely a ripple but it turns into a tsunami of sound that catapults you from a brooding heart broken teenager to an ever present omniscient observer of the NOW. From the present to the future as we kick our evolution into overdrive with DTE, and since melting our faces and stealing our socks couldn't be enough for mr mccready he decides to stone us with an eruption that would make any super volcano jealous. Blasting into the 8th time of the earth has been played live, I was shocked at how awesome this song is live, like a 3rd graders lunch sandwich, this song was filled with jam.

I could go on about every song played as none of it was hum-drum for me or the people around me in the pit, but I'll spare the potatoes and get to the meat.

Stone busts out no lip for the beggars in attendance. Lukin erected out of a nice improv.

Mike wrecked a globe and his finger in the tear down of porch as Eddie came into the crowd and shook my wife's hand among others. She said they "had a moment" eye contact and a firm handshake, evidence of true admiration and respect from both ends.

Future days, sleight of hand, imagine, mother, last kiss, for the starting lineup of the 1st encore, but the itch to rock is too great and once the crowd was jonesing for another one two punch we get knocked out with breath, leash, and RVM. Absolute knock down, drag out, combination.

Bam! end of 2nd encore.
    They come back and tackle us again with once then pick us up and dust us off with black. The solos, the crowd singing. The chemistry on stage. What a night.

Solat, betterman(sifl), life wasted, all were well received well by the crowd. As they bust into alive we know the inevitable is upon us and there is little chance for an all nighter so we strap on our rock gear for a few more minutes of heaven. The night is closed out with baba, yellowed and the Star-Spangled Banner. A gracious soaking of champagne for mccready and the front 5 rows. A group bow for the end of the show and tour and there you have it, denver, 2014, 24 years of pearl jam. My 17th show, my wife's 3rd.

24 hours later and I still have the post show buzz.
    Thanks to everyone we met, jessica from wy, Ryan from denver, everyone else that I may not remember their names. The lady from Ottawa, the girls from denver in the merch line, hope you keep that tambourine forever blondie.

Thanks for reading, thanks for being great!

Jay

Really appreciate the time and effort you put into this! THANKS FOR SHARING!