*** Moline Fanviews Here 10/17/14 ***

Comments

• dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 776
    Wow! I agree on the instant classic idea. Will definitely get the boot of this one. Glad to see the band digging deeper into their catalog. Quite a few gems they have stored up.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Ok, congrats to all you lucky fuckers in Moline. Now get those videos uploaded to YouTube!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Wow. They Never Cease To amaze

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Holy Crap. Can't believe what just went down...
    What a show.
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    I had to digest this for a little while. Hometown Show!!!!!!!
    Thank You Pearl Jam. Moline will be ever grateful for you.
    Unfucking real. I took my daughter and her boyfriend to their first show.
    Thursday I decided to play No Code to get ready and what the fuck after 4th song at the show I turned to my wife and said "They are playing No Code the whole fucking album"
    Not sure if the fans around us new what was happening but is was special.
    Going into this show I thought it might be over hyped but it was not.
    This was a show for us the die hard fans. It was magic.
    I didn't really want to hear Imagine but it was great and special.
    Everything was so special. The played just enough hits to make it special for my daughter.
    She wanted to hear Black but she got No Code. That is something I will always remember.
    I think the guys really had a fun time.
    Our seats were way up sec 205. Usually at this arena we have no trouble getting close seats but for PJ sec 205 at IWireless was awesome.
    In Hiding was great. Around the Bend Only 3 Lightning Bolt Songs. Infallible was great
    Porch Rocked.
    Moline didn't know what hit them. Downtown will never be the same.
    Waiting in line for Merch all day with wife was worth it.
    Good sound at the arena
    How many towns get a song written specifically for them?
    ONE-MOLINE-THE NO CODE SHOW. That will go down in history.
    Thanks
    This is Not For You
  • EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,827
    Finally, my wish for them to play all of No Code has come true!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    This was an amazing night, there are no words to describe it and I couldn't think of a better way to kick off my four show run! Special shout out to Jason for helping me get back to my hotel :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    knowing our luck someone probably forgot to hit "record" last night
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Mprincipe03Mprincipe03 Illinois Posts: 1
    Great show! lost my voice from screaming so much and. Hungover! Moline was a success! Thank u pj!!!!!
    Anything is possible when u believe in yourself!!!
  • Amazing show! Once Who You Are was played, I figured something was going on. I was actually a little disappointed they played Sometimes at first, since they just played it last week in Lincoln, but that feeling quickly went away. :D

I could tell the casual fans were getting a bit bored as they started going for beers/pisses during Off He Goes. Usually in a "normal" show things are hitting a fever pitch by the 7th song. It wasn't a mass exodus or anything but you could tell they wanted to hear Jeremy and Daughter. Oh and I know that because I heard some bros yell for those songs.

The band is playing really well on this tour and Ed's voice seems to be holding up nicely. He didn't crack on RM, Infallible, or even In Hiding which have been tough ones for him lately. Maybe he's lightening up on the American Spirits?

I was stoked to hear In Hiding for the first time since 05 and only second time overall. I saw it written with the chords on someone's music stand on the video screen during Imagine and I freaked!

It was just an incredible night and a great way for PJ to show appreciation to their fans and try something out of the box. Still processing all of this, but I think it was the best show I've seen!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638

Amazing show! Once Who You Are was played, I figured something was going on. I was actually a little disappointed they played Sometimes at first, since they just played it last week in Lincoln, but that feeling quickly went away. :D

I could tell the casual fans were getting a bit bored as they started going for beers/pisses during Off He Goes. Usually in a "normal" show things are hitting a fever pitch by the 7th song. It wasn't a mass exodus or anything but you could tell they wanted to hear Jeremy and Daughter. Oh and I know that because I heard some bros yell for those songs.

The band is playing really well on this tour and Ed's voice seems to be holding up nicely. He didn't crack on RM, Infallible, or even In Hiding which have been tough ones for him lately. Maybe he's lightening up on the American Spirits?

I was stoked to hear In Hiding for the first time since 05 and only second time overall. I saw it written with the chords on someone's music stand on the video screen during Imagine and I freaked!

It was just an incredible night and a great way for PJ to show appreciation to their fans and try something out of the box. Still processing all of this, but I think it was the best show I've seen!

Regarding the cigarettes, I definitely seen him smokin a blue e-cig in detroit so maybe he is trying to quit..
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Detroit and Moline look to be the best back to back shows they ever played not counting same city stays. Both shows compliment each other beautifully.....WOW
  • "I could tell the casual fans were getting a bit bored as they started going for beers/pisses during Off He Goes. Usually in a "normal" show things are hitting a fever pitch by the 7th song. It wasn't a mass exodus or anything but you could tell they wanted to hear Jeremy and Daughter. Oh and I know that because I heard some bros yell for those songs."

Ignorant fools
  • cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315
    edited October 2014
  • cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315
    After about 2-3 songs I knew this was turning into something special...and I was right. More than just bias (of being there, second row dead center), you could tell they were just having a blast and feeding off the crowd. Fucking epic night!!!!!!!!!
  • Sorry all is this 1996 all over again?The whole album WOW.......Da glove has been thrown for milwakee safe travels all see you suckers in Whiskey.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    edited October 2014
    Went to Detroit and Moline as the only shows on this tour and even though I am a little sad that we don't have any other show coming, I am still in some state of disbelief of what happened in the last two days :D The arena was tiny, just as we were all hoping. We were in section 205, but I thought the sound was extremely good. Really, no bad seat in the house. We had a couple of first timers around us, who started feeding off of our enthusiasm after a while and were blown off by the end of the show. It did have the feeling of a fan club show. My voice is raspy, my body sore, but I am still beaming with joy :D Continued the streak from Wrigley Field, Seattle and Detroit though - we got no poster, stickers or pins. I'd love that poster. If anybody has a lead, let me know.

Thank you Pearl Jam, I hope we do this again some time!
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748

No code. Fuck me in the brain

THAT...would have been awesome. No Code front to back followed by Ramblings III.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • mcgruff10 said:

This might be appropriate versus bad luck.

Such an intimate and unique show might be something owned only by those in house and only talked about by others.

I'm really envious. Really envious.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJFanDadPJFanDad Plymouth, MN Posts: 79
    This was show #28 for me...unbelievable. Love No Code...was in disbelief. Well worth the drive down from Minneapolis. Wow. Wow. Wow.
    41 PJ shows from 1995 to 2023...plus 6 EV solo shows.  St. Paul and Austin shows for 2023.  
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Note to self...get Moline and Detroit boots..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Unbelievable! Yes, this show was hyped by us from the beginning.... But never would have predicted it would be THIS amazing! Can't even think.... Great way to spend my 44th bday, and 21 years with my wife.... We were in GA about 9 rows back right in front of Mike. !!!!

Are you the one Ed talked about at the very end? He joked that turning 40 is no big deal then said 20 years of marriage is a very big deal..
    Actually no, that wasn't me, but my wife and I got a kick out of that similarity!
  • ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    So happy for you guys! Remember when they first posted the tour dates/locations; all the haters that were not from the Midwest said the shows and set-lists would be lame? Guess a big helping of humble pie ala No Code is in order. :P
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    So yeah we're gonna need a vinyl release for this one
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    This for me is the best PJ show (on paper)in at least 11 years
  • mcgruff10 said:

I didn't forget
  • My 10th show and with that special number, I was hoping for a special show and PJ delivered! The band brought their "A"game. The crowd had great energy and the band did too. Pre show I was looking for a rarity (Bee Girl, check), a bucket list song ( Brain of J, check) and some Stone singing (Mankind, check). Unbelievable! And for them to bust out front to back No Code, I was in awe. It brought back memories of waiting in line at Positively 4th Street Records in Charleston for the midnight sale of this album. And for someone who has a gap between live shows of 1995-2004, it was great to catch songs from tours I missed. God I loved this band.
    1995 - Milwaukee, Night 1 ~~~ 2004 - VFC Toledo ~~~ 2006 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2009 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2 ~~~
    2011 - PJ 20 East Troy, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley ~~~ 2014 - Moline ~~~ 2016 - Wrigley, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2018 - Wrigley, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2022 - STL~~~ 2023 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Holy balls. Definitely getting this bootleg. Best album ever played in full.... Won't ever happen again. Hope they make the sound incredible.

So happy for everyone that was there!!! Oh.... And jealous as hell! Screw you all!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Lucky fuckers! Best band in the world proves it again!
  • I'm about to make a lot of people hate me for being so very spoiled last night, so except my apologies in advance. But this was my FIRST Pearl Jam show... But believe me, the magic of last night was not lost on me for a moment. It was the best night of my life, as I had been anticipating being able to attend a PJ show for years. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. As you all know, the setlist was UNBELIEVABLE!!... My first show, and I must accept now that I'll never see one that compares to that. I can't believe I was able to be a part of that...

I am still riding a PJ high (as a kite) this morning. I'm sure all of you know damn well what that is like… Now I do too.

Highlights of the setlist, for me (besides the obvious No Code from front to back): Lukin, Smile, Present Tense, Mankind (let Stone sing!), Brain of J (headbanged my face off), Bee Girl (was so BEAUTIFUL), okay I better stop before I list them all.

One last song comment: Imagine... Was obviously special. During that song, they showed about ten people on the "jumbo" tron and 10/10 were crying. I think that entire building wept simultaneously.

Best night of my life.