***CHRISTMAS FUNDRAISER FOR KELSIE! PJ MYSTERY BOX PRIZE!!! DEADLINE 12/17***

Comments

• Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900

Not the first time I have heard of this....lucky they didnt just kill your account.

I still don't understand the problem...
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Bump for everyones last chance, get your tickets asap :x
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

Not the first time I have heard of this....lucky they didnt just kill your account.

Agree but I know others on this forum have had to set up new accounts for fund raising purposes because of this exact thing.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Agree but I know others on this forum have had to set up new accounts for fund raising purposes because of this exact thing.
    Guess I'll have to take that into consideration if I do something like this again.
    UPDATE:
    I am ending the deadline a little early, as in right now. I have 1 other person who PMed me earlier today, and they will be the last one in if they decide to enter tonight. I simply don't want my paypal account to be restricted again and have any issue transferring the money.

The drawings will still go on as scheduled, tomorrow around 8pm ET. To add some intrigue, I will be notifying all winners via PM, but will simply inform them that they won, not what particular prize was won. Thought it might be a little more fun to wait for a mystery prize instead of knowing beforehand what you are going to receive :)

To all item donators, I will PM you tomorrow evening as well, or as soon as I receive mailing address for the winners. Any questions, just shoot me a PM.
    Also, to all those who do NOT win, I will be sending each of you a little something (and it will be your choice). So look for a PM, most likely on Wednesday.
  • SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Thank you!
    Scott A. Setser
  • moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805

I work in the not-for-profit sector so I'm aware that raffles are highly regulated. If we run a raffle we have to sell tickets and draw tickets on the same day. All other raffles have to be registered with the relevant state registering body. This is because raffles can be open to fraud - individuals/organisations selling tickets for prizes that never materialise etc, etc. It is an important system, so please don't feel offended by PayPal's actions - it is no reflection on you - they are meeting their obligations as a corporate citizen.
  • mystery prizes > mystery boxes. Looking forward to the raffle -- great job raising money and bumping this to the top!
  • VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    Today is the day ! We gotta be gratuful to be surrounded by such a generous and honest community. Long live 10C, long live you guys and of course, long live PJ !

Hope this money makes the whole family happy.
    I have tennis from 6-7:30pm ET, so I will still do the drawing around 8pm ET, 8:15 ET at the latest. I'll be sure to post updates in the threads once I've begun and ended the drawing, and again, will notify winners once it concludes.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I am on a plane for Cincy tonight to catch our guys tomorrow night....look forward to checking to see who won! (And I will be a few more days to mail out my contribution until I get home.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

I am on a plane for Cincy tonight to catch our guys tomorrow night....look forward to checking to see who won! (And I will be a few more days to mail out my contribution until I get home.)

Have fun! Sucks I can't make it to any shows but I'll be watching the setlists!
    edited September 2014

Have fun! Sucks I can't make it to any shows but I'll be watching the setlists!
    Me too, we can be wishing we are there!!

Well done Jeremy on raising everything for Kelsies family, you deserve more than a round of applause =D>, next time you are in Australia I'll buy you a few drinks. I love this great PJ community great to see everyone helping Kelsie, so sad what she must be going through and heartbreaking as a parent to watch her suffer. Thank you from everyone for arranging this raffle. =D> =D>
    Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on
  • Well said…
    Thank you Jeremy! :-h
    My pleasure guys!
    Again, drawing around 8pm ET tonight. I still have to tally up the total funds to go to Kelsie's fund, but as soon as I do (hopefully tonight) I'll be sure to post it here.
    Good luck everyone \:D/
    Pushing it to 9pm ET, sorry :( Tennis is going a little long.
  • dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    5 setter? Ha!
    dfishberg said:

5 setter? Ha!

LOL, almost. Took it down in 4 :)
    Just hopped out of the shower, drawing names now.
    Winners have all been notified. Thank you all again so very much for all of your contributions!

I just tallied up the total amount, and we raised $1,190 ($1015 sent through paypal and $175 sent directly to the fundraising site in the link on the first page). I am going to bump it up to $1250 total, so I will be transferring $1075 to Kelsie's fund by the weekend (I'd like to complete the process on all of the prizes first).

Thank you all, this could not have happened without you. We finished a little short of my $1,500 goal, and the Monaldi family is still well short of their $10,000 overall goal for medical bills, but this will certainly go a long way.

Again, thank you all very much!!!!

Jeremy
  • dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    Congrats! Glad all your time and effort went to such a good cause. At least this puts a dent in the medical bills!
  • TerryGTerryG La Crosse, WI Posts: 366
    Nice job Jeremy, very cool thing you have done here.
    Congrats to the winners
    but most of all a round of applause to those that donated!
    =D> =D> =D>
    Do yourself a favor and be you online. Anonymity plus audience often equals asshole.
    Try not to be one. Make mom proud.
    Dan Johns
  • moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    TerryG said:

Nice job Jeremy, very cool thing you have done here.
    Congrats to the winners
    but most of all a round of applause to those that donated!
    =D> =D> =D>

+1 :)
    Hi everyone!
    So I just made the full donation to Kelsie's fund account. Again, thank you all so much. To all winners, if you'd like to post pictures when you receive your prize, please feel free to do so right here. I honestly think the mystery of what you'll receive makes this even better.

Also, a few people emailed me over the past week with a good idea to try and do something for Kelsie for Christmas. I don't know what kind of Christmas Kelsie will be able to have, and the money certainly will help with the medical side of things, but she is still a 12-year old girl, and deserves to celebrate Christmas like any other kid.

Hopefully she will receive some great news soon (her family is hoping for a confirmation of remission around 10/22), so a great holiday season would be icing on the cake. I'm open to specific ideas, but the main one I received was a Secret Santa-type deal. Maybe find out some things Kelsie likes, spread that out among those who want to contribute, and put a fairly cheap spending limit on the gifts. I don't know, ideas are welcome. If you have any ideas, shoot me a PM.
    Count me in :)
  • courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    Got the Amsterdam poster. Sweet.
    doctorvik said:
    Yea, that's the same poster but not the one from this raffle. Mine had a lower number I believe, and it was not sent to Georgia.
  • courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    I was so hoping for that poster.. but my luck I knew I wouldn't get it.