*** Amsterdam 1 Fanviews Here 6/16/14 ***

Comments

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    ^ congrats.. sounds liek a dream weekend!
    thats cool you met mike by the rijksmuseum.. really wanted to get over there but wasnt in the cards.. next time..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Amazing night, amazing sound, and the Ziggo Dome is now one of my favorite venues for many reasons.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Any know where to find a high-res image of the poster (the magnifying glass one)? Gonna need that for the iTunes album artwork.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Show was awesome.. Was on the floor and Dutch folks are frigging tall! Lol
    Ziggo Dome has great sound. Great setlist. Quit whining about the songs you DONT hear and love the ones you do
    Was surprised to look up and see everyone sitting. As I am writing these reviews after coming home from a three concert euro tour I have to say it is a blast to meet other PJ fans from across the pond.
    Looking forward to Moline and St Paul in October and our first 10c seats!
  • RR202413RR202413 Posts: 8
    Is there anyone who has the orange (football) Amsterdam shirt for sale? Size Medium....I'm still sorry for not buying this unique shirt
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    RR202413 said:

Is there anyone who has the orange (football) Amsterdam shirt for sale? Size Medium....I'm still sorry for not buying this unique

shirt

me too..but i guess its hard to find now..good luck anyway
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    How many different buttons did they sell at the merchandise? Unfortunately I only bought the windmill. I didn´t realise that there was even one more ... the one with the tulips. Was there a third one?
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Clarkie1971Clarkie1971 Belfast Posts: 17
    Does anybody know if European tour merchanise will be available from the online shop?
    London 2009
    Belfast 2010
    Manchester 2012
    Amsterdam 2014
    Milton Keynes 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    London 2018
    Madrid 2018
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited July 2014

Show was awesome.. Was on the floor and Dutch folks are frigging tall! Lol

The exact reason we went for reserved seats..haha
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

Does anybody know if European tour merchanise will be available from the online shop?

No..but that is a good demand for the ''let your voice be heard'' thread..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

How many different buttons did they sell at the merchandise? Unfortunately I only bought the windmill. I didn´t realise that there was even one more ... the one with the tulips. Was there a third one?

really cool pins
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

really cool pins
    Absolutely!

Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • My first of 5 shows this tour so I was looking forward to seeing some compelling shows and meeting some new people along the way. I really like the Lightning Bolt and having read the reviews of the US Tour it looked like we were in for a treat especially with the majority of the shows been billed as an 'Evening with...'.

New opener and Pendulum sounded great. The run from Breakerfall to Even Flow rocked and Who You Are? That was a pleasant surprise and so cool to see thrown in there. People have mentioned before that opening nights of the tour not been the best but I felt in Mancs 2012 that they hit the ground running and it felt the same here. Light Years was another first time for me and a personal favourite so I was really stoked to see this. Acoustic opening to Encore 1 was something new and I like the way the band can use this to sort of catch their breath a bit and set them up for the remaining songs. Thin Air was such a surprise as I thought this had pretty much been retired - excellent version I seem to re-call. Footsteps is on my PJ bucket list so I was stoked at this point. Rearviewmirror was fantastic as always but it seems to have been stepped up a notch here. Nice rocking 2nd encore (Supersonic Reducer!)

Fantastic night and if this was a sigh of things to come this tour we were in for a treat. Oh and what a great venue (not sure about the beer/food tokens idea though!)
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Anyone got video from all nigtht that is not uploaded to youtube?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Boot sounds good - bump
    edited July 2014
    I really have to figure out an excuse to go back to the Netherlands more often....

Post edited by myoung321 on

myoung321 said:

I really have to figure out an excuse to go back to the Netherlands more often....

sweet memories my young..a new tattoo is the excuse..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Cool photos! I also have to go back to this fantastic city! Loved it to just walk around in the small streets and have a look at all those nice houses.
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    myoung321 said:

GREAT pics! Thanks for sharing!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497

Hahahahahaha!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    myoung321 said:

Holyshit! Did u steal the pics out of my phone?? I have identical pics! Hahahaha the "love me" graffiti is like the exact one I have lol. And the pancake upstairs place, the one place I was told I HAD TO GO EAT, was fucken closed until July! What a fucken disaster hahahaha, we all got up early and went there to read that stupid "closed until July 16th" sign! Memories
    edited August 2014

Holyshit! Did u steal the pics out of my phone?? I have identical pics! Hahahaha the "love me" graffiti is like the exact one I have lol. And the pancake upstairs place, the one place I was told I HAD TO GO EAT, was fucken closed until July! What a fucken disaster hahahaha, we all got up early and went there to read that stupid "closed until July 16th" sign! Memories

HAHAHA.....Don't feel too bad... been there 3 times and it's been closed every single time. It's become a joke now..

Hahaha that is just great.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • 3 highlights I edited together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ROYPBE7UbY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

3 highlights I edited together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ROYPBE7UbY

:)
  • Kim SimonsenKim Simonsen Posts: 4
    edited September 2014
    Just received the bootleg and must say i'm a bit disappointed. Not by the Sound of the band, but i almost cannot hear the crowd. You usually can on the bootlegs, and this crowd was LOUD! During Jeremy I heard the crowd just as much as Eddie and RVM was awesome. But on the bootleg the crowd is barely noticable. A shame. Jeremy was even labeled "loudest version ever" by dimi in his live updates.
    Post edited by Kim Simonsen on
  • GerpuGerpu Posts: 18
    well, my opinion is that crowd was awful.. just standing and listening without singing or anything.. except jeremy, that was loud and great, too bad they weren0t like that all the time.. like in berlin or vienna, those people were A+ :)
    ...the in between is mine...
  • Gerpu said:

well, my opinion is that crowd was awful.. just standing and listening without singing or anything.. except jeremy, that was loud and great, too bad they weren0t like that all the time.. like in berlin or vienna, those people were A+ :)

Totally agree. And it would've been great if they just stood and listened - they were bringing stuff from the bar, like chips and burgers. And they were actually seated in their seats during the show. Thought that was a bit weird..
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    .... that's cuz the Dutch are a bit weird but that's what makes the place so WONDERFUL. I'm heading back in late October after Detroit, Moline and Milwaukee.