Options

Jerusalem Post/Ben Red Completely Off Base In Criticism of Eddie and Pearl Jam

Comments

• Options
    I like lamp
  • Options
    mdevitremdevitre Los Angeles Posts: 26
    CharlieP said:

Just saw that Neil Young cancelled his Tel Aviv date. That´s really sad. Apparently there was some sort of demonstration going on outside the Hyde Park gig and now this. I fully understand that Young pulls the plug. He´s an artist who shouldn´t be involved with this madness. But it´s the fans that will lose in the long run and that´s really sad.
    It´s also sad that Ed can´t voice an opinion without people reading too much into it. Now some even wish to crucify him. It´s not hard to understand why the conflict´s not going to end anytime soon but if I was on tour I probably wouldn´t want to play that area either

Neil had to cancel under the circumstances. Hamas rockets can reach Tel Aviv easily - and a concert venue would be a very realistic target for Hamas who do clearly aim for such types of civilian targets where the damage/loss of life is high. I don't think he wants to bring a few thousand fans together (or himself and tour crew) to be potential rocket targets. An American artist performing in Israel makes a very appealing target to a Hamas, I'm sure.
    [X]  Ventura, California (May 12, 1992)
    [X]  Las Vegas, Nevada (December 01, 1993)
    [X]  Mountain View, California (October 01, 1994)
    [X]  San Diego, California (November 06, 1995)
    [X]  Seattle, Washington (September 14, 1996)
    [X]  Seattle, Washington (September 16, 1996)
    [X]  San Diego, California (July 10, 1998)
    [X]  Great Western Forum (July 13, 1998)
    [X]  Inglewood, California (July 14, 1998)
    [X]  Las Vegas, Nevada (October 22, 2000)
    [X]  Los Angeles, California (October 24, 2000)
    [X]  San Diego, California (October 25, 2000)
    [X]  Irvine, California (June 02, 2003)
    [X]  San Diego, California (June 05, 2003)
    [X]  Los Angeles, California (July 09, 2006)
    [X]  Hollywood, California (July 12, 2006)
    [X]  Santa Barbara, California (July 13, 2006)
    [X]  Universal City, California (September 30, 2009)
    [X]  Gibson Amphitheater (October 07, 2009)
    [X]  Los Angeles, CA (November 23, 2013)
    [X]  Los Angeles, CA (November 24, 2013)
    [X]  Greenville (April 16, 2016)
    [X]  Boston 1 (August 05, 2016)
    [X]  Boston 2 (August 07, 2016)
  • Options
    I still like lamp
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    edited July 2014

One thing I can say is US money has saved innocent Israeli lives due to the defense system shooting down rockets aimed for civilians.

Which is a reason you don't hear about Israeli children being killed.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    I still like lamp
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064

I like lamp

Interesting

92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I found another video where Ed sings against War as a Daughter tag from Milton Keynes. This one is better quality. Oh wait, this is from 2002. My bad. Go to about the 4 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmoAa93IpT0
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • Options
    Strawberries are good too. I didn't mean to insult. Speaking of which.....Pearl Jam play Regina!

• Options

Strawberries are good too. I didn't mean to insult. Speaking of which.....Pearl Jam play Regina!

I will edit later after more responses come in.
  • Options
    You liking Lamp makes as much sense to me as people arguing over killing people.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    mdevitre said:

CharlieP said:

Just saw that Neil Young cancelled his Tel Aviv date. That´s really sad. Apparently there was some sort of demonstration going on outside the Hyde Park gig and now this. I fully understand that Young pulls the plug. He´s an artist who shouldn´t be involved with this madness. But it´s the fans that will lose in the long run and that´s really sad.
    It´s also sad that Ed can´t voice an opinion without people reading too much into it. Now some even wish to crucify him. It´s not hard to understand why the conflict´s not going to end anytime soon but if I was on tour I probably wouldn´t want to play that area either

Neil had to cancel under the circumstances. Hamas rockets can reach Tel Aviv easily - and a concert venue would be a very realistic target for Hamas who do clearly aim for such types of civilian targets where the damage/loss of life is high. I don't think he wants to bring a few thousand fans together (or himself and tour crew) to be potential rocket targets. An American artist performing in Israel makes a very appealing target to a Hamas, I'm sure.
    neil is canadian.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Strawberries are good
  • Options
    SkeeterB said:

lbpeltz said:

I never get the idea that EV is really informed on political issues. Maybe he's intentionally uninformed or underinformed, but to view him in any higher light than a pot smoking hippie yelling, "peace dude" is to do an injustice.

And being more tipsier than normal. Not sure what he did on the Europe tour, but by the end of the US tour, he was drinking 2-3 magnums of wine a night. The guy is like 5'5"...that's 4-6 bottles of wine a night. I don't think anyone could do that without being hammered. He seemed to have a lot when he went on the rant, which has led to a lot of tension amongst a fan base that really looks out for each other. Seems like there's a divide now in the fan base, albeit not a huge divide, but a divide. I don't recall this ever happening before, the divide in the fan base.
    2003 following denver show. fans were divided way more than they are now. ed dared criticize bush. most americans couldn't care less what is happening in gaza. if they cared, they would care enough to investigate more than what the american media is telling them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I haven't seen the fans divided this bad since the Let It Go controversy of 2014. Oh, I guess that wasn't that long ago.
    Post edited by JB128716 on
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    edited July 2014
    and the american media are talking complete lies and showing footage of parents running from their burning homes holding their kids and portraying it as 'poor Israel' when it fact these images are from Gaza...ABC was caught red handed doing this and had to publicly apologise.
    Post edited by eldarion75 on
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    edited July 2014

SkeeterB said:

lbpeltz said:

I never get the idea that EV is really informed on political issues. Maybe he's intentionally uninformed or underinformed, but to view him in any higher light than a pot smoking hippie yelling, "peace dude" is to do an injustice.

And being more tipsier than normal. Not sure what he did on the Europe tour, but by the end of the US tour, he was drinking 2-3 magnums of wine a night. The guy is like 5'5"...that's 4-6 bottles of wine a night. I don't think anyone could do that without being hammered. He seemed to have a lot when he went on the rant, which has led to a lot of tension amongst a fan base that really looks out for each other. Seems like there's a divide now in the fan base, albeit not a huge divide, but a divide. I don't recall this ever happening before, the divide in the fan base.
    2003 following denver show. fans were divided way more than they are now. ed dared criticize bush. most americans couldn't care less what is happening in gaza. if they cared, they would care enough to investigate more than what the american media is telling them.
    Fair point which came to a major head in Uniondale. Back then, it was a mistake in NY because it was still too soon after 9/11. I did not like Bush but he needed to let the NY'ers continue to heal. In a very roundabout way, at one of the Continental Arena shows in 2006, he sort of tried to make amends.
    Post edited by SkeeterB on
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited July 2014
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

SkeeterB said:

lbpeltz said:

And a drunk too. Since the Fall tour, his drinking has been out of hand. Not sure what he did on the Europe tour, but by the end of the US tour, he was drinking 2-3 magnums of wine a night. The guy is like 5'5"...that's 4-6 bottles of wine a night. I don't think anyone could do that without being hammered. His drunk state led to the rant, which has led to a lot of tension amongst a fan base that really looks out for each other. Seems like there's a divide now in the fan base, albeit not a huge divide, but a divide. I don't recall this ever happening before.
    Now this will get locked........finally
    Why do you want this thread off the porch so badly? Stop reading it. I think it's great that the mods have left it, and let the 'bring pj to Israel' thread stay up for months. I didn't see you complaining in that one?
    Most people are woefully undereducated on this topic; the more exposure and discussion the better. Nobody reads the train, except for a few die hards...I wish more of the people taking the time to read this would chime in over there. Besides, this thread is 100% PJ-related.
  • Options

and the american media are talking complete lies and showing footage of parents running from their burning homes holding their kids and portraying it as 'poor Israel' when it fact these images are from Gaza...ABC was caught red handed doing this and had to publicly apologise.

she knowingly passed that off as israelis running from palestinian missiles, when it was actually a palestinian family in gaza running from an israeli airstrike.

the american media is making the story and slanting the news, instead of doing it's job and reporting the facts.

ron burgundy did a better job reporting on pandas.

• Options
    she should have been fired.

• Options
    SkeeterB said:

SkeeterB said:

lbpeltz said:

Fair point which came to a major head in Uniondale. Back then, it was a mistake in NY because it was still too soon after 9/11. I did not like Bush but he needed to let the NY'ers continue to heal. In a very roundabout way, at one of the Continental Arena shows in 2006, he sort of tried to make amends.
    yes it was bad back then. the moving train was god awful. i spoke out against the war in iraq until i was blue in the face. i got told to get the f out of america many times back then.

turns out, i was right.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    edited July 2014

she knowingly passed that off as israelis running from palestinian missiles, when it was actually a palestinian family in gaza running from an israeli airstrike.

the american media is making the story and slanting the news, instead of doing it's job and reporting the facts.

ron burgundy did a better job reporting on pandas.
    Who at ABC are we talking about?

Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    diane sawyer

lara logan got suspended for a debunked benghazi story on 60 minutes. sawyer should have gotten at least a suspension.

• Options
    That should be a fireable offense. No doubt.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

That should be a fireable offense. No doubt.

i have come to expect stuff like that from msnbc and fox news because they are pay channels with an agenda. abc, a network, should know better and should act accordingly when false facts are reported. cbs does not play around. dan rather got fired for broadcasting false news about bush's service records. he has not been on a regular network since.

• Options
    lbpeltzlbpeltz Posts: 98
    SkeeterB said:

One thing I can say is US money has saved innocent Israeli lives due to the defense system shooting down rockets aimed for civilians.

Which is a reason you don't hear about Israeli children being killed.
    Here here. Nice to see the USA doing some good.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695

badbrains said:

I dnt understand how someone pretty much says he doesn't want his tax payer dollars to support the dropping of bombs killing children and here's the telling part, crossing over borders and taking land that's NOT there's. Pretty fucken clear who he's talking about. To say it's fucken Cambodia or Russia or Canada is complete bullshit. He ment Israel and he ment the crazy lunatics that want to kill running that country. And if u think other wise, like someone posted above, keep telling yourself that. Again. Thank u eddie for attaching your name to this cause.

All wars are one nation crossing into another's borders to take their land and resources. Whatever bs reason they say they doing it for, like protecting the world from bad guys or for "freedom" is just the cover so one nation can own what another nation has. Like the US crossing borders into Iraq...or the US crossing borders into Afghanistan to gain control of their poppy fields / production... that's why you go to war, to take what does not belong to you... but you need a good cover story to do that because the masses won't support blatant stealing... so they say there's a terrible tyrant killing his own people or ready to attack us... all wars are resource and land wars.

In theory a US citizen's tax dollars wouldn't be paying for Israeli bombs, they'd be paying for US bombs, the ones we drop on innocent children...like the depleted uranium bombs we dropped on Iraq... you should see the images of birth defects caused by depleted uranium in Iraq... it's quite disturbing.

My countrymen and family have killed and died so you can draw pictures for a living
  • Options
    Profiteer
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Forget it. Somethings are just not worth responding to.

Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    Did I disturb the jerking?
This discussion has been closed.