• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    njnancy said:

`

excuse me?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    FoxyRedLa said:

JWPearl said:

First I think you need to convert it from mp3 or whatever it is your phone is then you can put it in your movies folder then library then burn it, I did it once and this is all I vaguely remember, sorry its not exact, but the program for the convert should be a free one floating on the net somewhere..
    hope that helps :)

excuse me. she was asking ME.

but yes, this seems about right.
    Ok - the converter I need to download is for...? I have the videos in my camera folder on my desktop. I may need a little more step by step - I can try to surf the web some lol.
    jwpearl--can you get this one?

thank you
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    It's okay. I'll figure it out. Thanks anyway! Its not your fault I'm challenged.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    i uninstalled my browser and then reinstalled it and it took care of the

njnancy said:

`

excuse me?
    I decided to just put that I had fixed my problem in my original post; but it seems, once opened, a post can't be deleted - so that is why I have a post with a ' . Not even Google Translate could make sense of that! Thanks, Juggler. :)>-

FoxyRedLa said:

JWPearl said:

First I think you need to convert it from mp3 or whatever it is your phone is then you can put it in your movies folder then library then burn it, I did it once and this is all I vaguely remember, sorry its not exact, but the program for the convert should be a free one floating on the net somewhere..

Ok - the converter I need to download is for...? I have the videos in my camera folder on my desktop. I may need a little more step by step - I can try to surf the web some lol.

thank you
    You need a program for burning discs. First you have to make sure you have a drive that is read/write capable. And there is a difference between burning music to discs and videos. This article lists 8 programs that are capable of burning music/video to discs - even blue ray discs. It doesn't matter where the files are stored on your computer - once you download the software you feel is right for you, you open up that file and pick the files that you want to be burned to discs.

Here is the link - check out the different programs and the information - if you still have questions, let me know. The downloads will give you step by step directions and once you have the software installed - you should be able to click on a video file and have the option to burn to disc.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/best-free-dvd-burning-software-1141938
    njnancy said:

i uninstalled my browser and then reinstalled it and it took care of the

njnancy said:

`

excuse me?
    I decided to just put that I had fixed my problem in my original post; but it seems, once opened, a post can't be deleted - so that is why I have a post with a ' . Not even Google Translate could make sense of that! Thanks, Juggler. :)>-
    you're welcome. please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    njnancy said:

FoxyRedLa said:

JWPearl said:

thank you
    You need a program for burning discs. First you have to make sure you have a drive that is read/write capable. And there is a difference between burning music to discs and videos. This article lists 8 programs that are capable of burning music/video to discs - even blue ray discs. It doesn't matter where the files are stored on your computer - once you download the software you feel is right for you, you open up that file and pick the files that you want to be burned to discs.

Here is the link - check out the different programs and the information - if you still have questions, let me know. The downloads will give you step by step directions and once you have the software installed - you should be able to click on a video file and have the option to burn to disc.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/best-free-dvd-burning-software-1141938
    TY TY!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    ^^^YW - hope all goes smoothly - make sure you have the right type of disc and enough storage space in total on the disc/discs. Good luck; have fun! :)>-
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited July 2014
    i am the biggest asshole in the world. Ignore me.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

being a nice person is first and foremost about listening to others. the word is a big place. much bigger than you and i can imagine. i am sure there are bigger asshole's out there. just try being more open and honest to people. we all think you're swell. and you look great!
    chinese-happy.jpg

ldent42 said:

being a nice person is first and foremost about listening to others. the word is a big place. much bigger than you and i can imagine. i am sure there are bigger asshole's out there. just try being more open and honest to people. we all think you're swell. and you look great!
    lol thanks. I was driving myself over a 'connection problem' I couldn't solve only to realize I plugged the cable into the wrong port. Like, seriously.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • I've got a few bootleg downloads from this site but now none of the work. They are all highlighted in green on my computer and wont play or even copy. Do you know why this would happen or how to fix it?

I've got a few bootleg downloads from this site but now none of the work. They are all highlighted in green on my computer and wont play or even copy. Do you know why this would happen or how to fix it?

do you have any magic markers?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

I've got a few bootleg downloads from this site but now none of the work. They are all highlighted in green on my computer and wont play or even copy. Do you know why this would happen or how to fix it?

do you have any magic markers?
    I do.
    I have six

and the harvestmoon1976 may bone marrow,
    I mean borrow
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    I have to drive home to Toronto from Ottawa next weekend. I head south down the Queen's Hwy 416 for about 70 km and then West along the Queen's Hwy 401 for a little over 300 km. As you plainly can see these to roads form the opposite and adjacent sides of a triangle. So the square root of 70 squared + 300 squared = 308 km, the hypotenuse road. Saving me 60 km of time, gas and wear and tare. Juggler, could you please pave this road for me before August 31st. That's my birthday and I really want to get home quickly to my wife and kids. Much obliged.

In joyous part. [-O<
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
    TalonTedd said:

I have to drive home to Toronto from Ottawa next weekend. I head south down the Queen's Hwy 416 for about 70 km and then West along the Queen's Hwy 401 for a little over 300 km. As you plainly can see these to roads form the opposite and adjacent sides of a triangle. So the square root of 70 squared + 300 squared = 308 km, the hypotenuse road. Saving me 60 km of time, gas and wear and tare. Juggler, could you please pave this road for me before August 31st. That's my birthday and I really want to get home quickly to my wife and kids. Much obliged.

In joyous part. [-O<

only technical questions please.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    my internet connection is unstable and it's annoying the shit out of me. I don't know what to do about it.
    ldent42 said:

my internet connection is unstable and it's annoying the shit out of me. I don't know what to do about it.

hmmm....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I may have no internet too when I go to my daughters for 3 to 4 weeks, then I will just be keeping busy with music and so on
    JWPearl said:

I may have no internet too when I go to my daughters for 3 to 4 weeks, then I will just be keeping busy with music and so on

i am sorry but i did not see a question here...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ldent42 said:

I may have the same problem when I go away, any solutions ?
    my issue is a network connection problem. If your daughter lives without internet get a dongle or something for a month's plan. you're in australia right? I think I used Optus while I was there.
    No I have portable wifi but doubt I will get good reception and Optus is no good where im going, but thank for you info :)

ldent42 said:

hmmm....
    It was the modem.

My ISP is a shithead.
    JWPearl said:
    No I have portable wifi but doubt I will get good reception and Optus is no good where im going, but thank for you info :)

There is no such thing as portable wifi. Therein lies your problem. Good luck.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    How do you carefully separate a 2012 iMac in order to drop a SSD in there. I've been able to replace HDs in other Mac laptops, but never on a desktop.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Is it possible to inform someone when I add an event to google calendar without sending them an 'invite'?
    Is it possible to inform someone when I add an event to google calendar without sending them an 'invite'?
    This is a common glitch with google calendar. 9 out o of 10 times, the user must also phone the person you want to extend an invite. Hash it out over the telephone. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

How do you carefully separate a 2012 iMac in order to drop a SSD in there. I've been able to replace HDs in other Mac laptops, but never on a desktop.
    There is no separating from 2012 iMacs. You're only option is to stay together and focus on just you and your iMac.

Bringing in another party can ruin a relationship. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    This is a common glitch with google calendar. 9 out o of 10 times, the user must also phone the person you want to extend an invite. Hash it out over the telephone. 
    Thanks.