Is there anything I can help you with?

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited March 2014
    Lizard said:

Is there an "active topics" button on this new forum like the old one had??

hello, and thank you for your question.

thank you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

g under p said:

Ok where do you go on this now hideous board to find out where everybody's birthdays are listed??? Help please.

Peace

hello, and thank you for your question. please tell me who's birthday you are attempting to find.

thank you.
    It was mine yesterday, now I'd like to find other peeps birthdays.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

g under p said:

Ok where do you go on this now hideous board to find out where everybody's birthdays are listed??? Help please.

Peace

hello, and thank you for your question. please tell me who's birthday you are attempting to find.

thank you.

Peace
    we are no longer celebrating birthdays here. cost cutting measure.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069

Lizard said:

thank you.
    Dammit.
    DAMMIT

Happy belated birthday fellow Rush fan
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206

g under p said:

g under p said:

Peace

thank you.

Peace
    No longer celebrating birthdays ?!?! how very sad....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina said:

g under p said:

g under p said:

Peace

thank you.

Peace
    No longer celebrating birthdays ?!?! how very sad....
    HEY THAT'S LIFE, LADY!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Lizard said:

Lizard said:

thank you.
    Dammit.
    DAMMIT

Happy belated birthday fellow Rush fan
    Hey thanks Lizard....it seems everywhere is cutting back. Well if you love RUSH like I do come over to TheRushForum.com
    They celebrated my birthday over there so it's ALL good.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Is there a way to embed a video if it's not already posted online? Or, does it have to be up somewhere else and then linked to?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    yes, you need a link
    justam said:

Is there a way to embed a video if it's not already posted online? Or, does it have to be up somewhere else and then linked to?

videos have to be approved by the board, before being posted. mail me a vhs recording of the video you would like to upload and i will bring it before the board. they meet on the 3rd tuesday of every third month.

the normal price for something like this is $500. tenclub is running a special for today only....$400. we only accept cash.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392

justam said:

videos have to be approved by the board, before being posted. mail me a vhs recording of the video you would like to upload and i will bring it before the board. they meet on the 3rd tuesday of every third month.

the normal price for something like this is $500. tenclub is running a special for today only....$400. we only accept cash.
    You tell a good joke! :)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam said:

justam said:

You tell a good joke! :)

I know!....everyone knows that the tenclub accepts visa/mastercard. like, duh

• wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I was downloading the bootlegs from Nugs, and now my computer is messed up, coincidence? It says " unable to create root dialog box" Numerous icons are deleted, including outlook. I have tried a reboot twice. My plan was to work from home this afternoon and my iPad is not compatable with my remote connection from work. Any ideas
    wasa1971 said:

I was downloading the bootlegs from Nugs, and now my computer is messed up, coincidence? It says " unable to create root dialog box" Numerous icons are deleted, including outlook. I have tried a reboot twice. My plan was to work from home this afternoon and my iPad is not compatable with my remote connection from work. Any ideas

Reboot a third time. Let us know if that works.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410

mickeyrat said:

how soon can you change the board back to its waning glory of say 2008?

funny thing is, people were pining for the good old days of 2003 back in 2008.

hahaha
    well I did state waning glory days....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93

i am online and available to help you people with your technical problems.

I'm new to the forum, not sure how to use it. I've made a couple of posts, but I have to hit quote and type something, in order to get a comment box. Could you help me understand how to navigate the forum?

mandm621 said:

i am online and available to help you people with your technical problems.

I'm new to the forum, not sure how to use it. I've made a couple of posts, but I have to hit quote and type something, in order to get a comment box. Could you help me understand how to navigate the forum?

do you have any stamps?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    I am tired of my username so37031 but I have never figured out how to change it.

Please help the common laborer!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    okay, I have done some research and it seems I need large amounts of money to change my username. I cannot raise the required funds at this time. May I nickname myself?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    SO37031 said:

okay, I have done some research and it seems I need large amounts of money to change my username. I cannot raise the required funds at this time. May I nickname myself?

if you don't have the funds, you will have to accept whatever we choose to call you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    QUESTIONS?!?!? ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

NEED HELP!!????? PLEASE PUT YOUR REQUESTS HERE SO WE CAN KEEP THIS FORUM NICE AND TIDY.

HAPPY BELATED CANADA DAY TO ALL OUR AUSTRALIAN FRIENDS OUT THERE.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

how soon can you change the board back to its waning glory of say 2008?

funny thing is, people were pining for the good old days of 2003 back in 2008.

hahaha
    well I did state waning glory days....
    what kind of days are these?
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited July 2014
    Not sure what kind of answer I'll get but here goes - 2 weeks ago the forum website resized itself - it went from full screen to something resembling a grocery list down the center of my monitor. This didn't happen on my laptop and every other pearljam.com page looks fine (music, news, etc). I don't know if I somehow did this myself - It's an acer monitor and i'm using Windows 8.1 on Google Chrome. I know there's an obvious answer that I'm just missing - please give me a serious answer. My eyes are bad enough - trying to see the emoticons is killing me.
    And everything's all smooshed together. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

ETA - Uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it and after playing with the settings, everything is working fine.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • solat24solat24 Posts: 7
    can we get larger size articles of clothing in the store ?
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Juggler - I have video on my phone, I transferred the videos to my laptop, how do I load them on to DVD's? Do I need to purchase a program?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    First I think you need to convert it from mp3 or whatever it is your phone is then you can put it in your movies folder then library then burn it, I did it once and this is all I vaguely remember, sorry its not exact, but the program for the convert should be a free one floating on the net somewhere..
    hope that helps :)
    njnancy said:

Not sure what kind of answer I'll get but here goes - 2 weeks ago the forum website resized itself - it went from full screen to something resembling a grocery list down the center of my monitor. This didn't happen on my laptop and every other pearljam.com page looks fine (music, news, etc). I don't know if I somehow did this myself - It's an acer monitor and i'm using Windows 8.1 on Google Chrome. I know there's an obvious answer that I'm just missing - please give me a serious answer. My eyes are bad enough - trying to see the emoticons is killing me.
    And everything's all smooshed together. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

hi nancy. can you repeat that?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JWPearl said:

First I think you need to convert it from mp3 or whatever it is your phone is then you can put it in your movies folder then library then burn it, I did it once and this is all I vaguely remember, sorry its not exact, but the program for the convert should be a free one floating on the net somewhere..

excuse me. she was asking ME.

but yes, this seems about right.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited July 2014
    `
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

JWPearl said:

excuse me. she was asking ME.

but yes, this seems about right.
    Ok - the converter I need to download is for...? I have the videos in my camera folder on my desktop. I may need a little more step by step - I can try to surf the web some lol.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.