Options

*** Berlin Fanviews Here 6/26/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
    if linda protzam was there, please contact me. I've been trying to find you for 20 years in pearl Jam in Berlin makes me think of you.
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    edited June 2014
    I'll have what he's having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK2J0m79oME
    Post edited by green_girl on
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    I wasn't sure they would be able to top or even come close to Vienna the night before. But I must say they are pretty close. I would give the nod to Berlin only because of the magic of Wuhlheide, a very special place.
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    edited June 2014
    Back home from my part of the tour, so a quick comment.

Wuhlheide. Wow, what can I say? Instant favorite venue. Very relaxed atmosphere before the show.

Setlist was good, highlights in my books were Sleight of hand, Evolution (first time I heard it live), Who You Are and Lukin :D I was kinda hoping to hear SOLAT, but not this time. Other highlights were obviously the Let Stone sing and climbing Eddie.

Big hand to fellow Finns at the train line connecting bus. That bunch entertained all of us in the bus with sing-along. Lot of fun and most of passengers joined in :)) Also greets to the American people (the guy with US football team's shirt on and company) at the 10C GA line :)

Wuhlheide. I wish to see Pearl Jam there again :) Also Berlin as a city made a great first impression on me. Definitely I will go back there, but maybe next time with more time check out the city.

edit: greetings to the 10C member from New York who I had pleasure of meeting at Berlin airport on Friday evening. He spotted my tour t-shirt and early access wristband and came over for a brief chat. It was nice to meet you and share thoughts of the gig and venue. Too bad he had to run for his flight. Next time I'll buy you a beer, dude :)
    Post edited by petrimp on
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    I saw PJ in Wuhlheide in 2010 & 2014 and twice in the O2 in 2012, I have to say Wuhlheide is the much better location for such a great event. Just something very special to see PJ live at the Wuhlheide!
    2015/ 16 ... Pearl Jam ... Wuhlheide? A must have!
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,838
    First impression of going into the venue wasn't that great TBH. But once it's full, the sun is setting and the band is on fire, it knocks it up a notch!

Anyone know why there was not a true TC GA section? Anyone could get right down the front, with or without an early entry wristband. Maybe think about that for next time with all the crushing. Hope nobody was hurt.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Given2Fly2012Given2Fly2012 Posts: 659
    edited June 2014

First impression of going into the venue wasn't that great TBH. But once it's full, the sun is setting and the band is on fire, it knocks it up a notch!

Anyone know why there was not a true TC GA section? Anyone could get right down the front, with or without an early entry wristband. Maybe think about that for next time with all the crushing. Hope nobody was hurt.

Me and a friend of mine got literally crashed towards the front, we ended up in the third row, with no space to go. A girl beside me had to be lifted out, I think she panicked and couldn't stand there anymore. Some wild, completely drunk guys suddenly appeared from nowhere & started pushing, they where huge so they where hitting my head & shoulders with their elbows, I had to turn a few time & ask them to be more careful because I wasn't feeling safe, I couldn't breath. So typical. You wait patiently on your spot & some people just don't give shit & "invade" the arena leaving no space for the others. Eddie said "please go three steps back at least" two times, no way, no chance to move back for me... :-(
    The concert was otherwise great, I love this band so much and they give everything on stage. Another blasting night! :-D
    Post edited by Given2Fly2012 on
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    Godot1903Godot1903 Posts: 1
    What can I say... I was excited even prior to the show... Absolytely amazing...Still feels like I am flying...I just can say, PJ Thank you for the music and the amazing experince 
    I can only hope, that my words can bring close the true beauty we have experinced….

Feeling complete is taken from a breath devoted to the subtile screams
    With energy ready to explore all hidden sides of myself
    Each single word is taking me nearer different perspectives
    A feeling so imense I could swallow the whole world and still be hungry.
    Undeniable, reckless desire
    destroying all imaginary walls,
    Leaving only bare being in its purest form,
    to be a lonely witness of recreation.
    The moments of truth lavishly pouring ungraspable meaning to eternal questions,
    Without the immanent need to know the answers
    Time echoes through the sounds and as peace subdues
    The maturity of experiencing beauty brings wholeness to this endless universe.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I think what is so great about this venue is that it doesn't hold tons of people and it is open air and in the middle of the forest. The band seems to love it there too, cause we always get great sets there. We decided against the crammy looking GA section in the front, but then there is another cool thing about Wuhlheide - you get to choose your seats which means you can be with your friends during the show. This is something that creates a totally different vibe compared to shows in the US. This is what made this show the best I have ever been at (out of 17). I heard the GA in the front was not really fenced off, and that was the reason why it got so crowded. European GA is a little different than US GA. People seem to be much younger and energetic, and thus, the front section gets a little wilder... It was better in Stockholm. But hey, it is a rockshow, not a classical music concert :P ;)
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I like to leave notes in these threads as memories for each show, selfishly for me but so people can also get a glimpse into things they may have missed ... and this, will be a memory I will not soon forget.

This show wasn't about rarities, or being up close, or getting tambos or picks, hell, I don't even remember 1/4 the set ... this was about a group of 20 or so immediate friends which branched into 50 or so having that one show on this tour where we all overlapped sharing a once in a lifetime moment in this magical venue in the forest on a stunningly beautiful evening.

We took up space way off on Mike's side where the seating section began so, as stated above, us on the floor could share with our friends in the seats and they could join in when they wanted.

We spent a good 75% of the show in our group, and maybe 25% looking at the band. We sang together, we thrashed together ... we hugged, we drank ... sure, we loved it when Ed climbed up the rafters in front of us ... and Let Stone Sing was hilarious. All Those Yesterdays was phenomenal, Miracles was perfect as we all had a pilgrimage to the Ramones Museum scheduled for the next day. But again, this was more about friendships than anything.

Radio Rob posted a vid of my friends during Ledbetter in a "circle of love" which I was a part of, and what I said there, I'll reiterate here: This was a moment of a lifetime in a show of a lifetime on a trip of a lifetime with friends I'll have for a lifetime.

By the way, I never got to hear the post show report on PJ Radio, but if you heard some guy going on and on and on about how magical this show was, about how stunning this venue was ... that was me, Mr. Sweatbox, as Rob called me.

Peace to everyone continuing onward ... doesn't looks like the band is slowing down one bit!

"You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Lol, I had a great view of you lot during the show, the Mike 'wave' was something to see and I loved seeing you all enjoying dancing in the circle! Stuff like that makes Wulheide the special place it is.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Wow, when you talk about circle, it reminds me the empty circle area formed in the pit in the middle of the mosh area. It was like a cyclone, if you dared to get into this circle, you'd be attacked from all around till you... run away or drop. That was fun.

My initial plan was to hang out at the seated area since my legs were still sore from Vienna the night before and I had little sleep. As soon as the first notes of Pendulum started, I knew I had to be at the pit. Thanks to pit moshing, a lot of people upfront retreated and I found my way pretty close to stage. Stumbled upon a friend from Sweden, whom I met at Milan and Trieste shows, and we had a blast.

This was my last show of the Euro-tour and was hard for me to keep tears at start of Yellow Ledbetter. It's been a week I will never forget. After the show in Trieste, I was so mesmerized, I was praying to see just one more show like this. Vienna and Berlin shows were nowhere below Trieste. Now I pray to have one more tour like this one. Cannot wait for the next tour I'll be able to get in.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    gunter1976gunter1976 Posts: 587
    jimed14 said:

I like to leave notes in these threads as memories for each show, selfishly for me but so people can also get a glimpse into things they may have missed ... and this, will be a memory I will not soon forget.

This show wasn't about rarities, or being up close, or getting tambos or picks, hell, I don't even remember 1/4 the set ... this was about a group of 20 or so immediate friends which branched into 50 or so having that one show on this tour where we all overlapped sharing a once in a lifetime moment in this magical venue in the forest on a stunningly beautiful evening.

We took up space way off on Mike's side where the seating section began so, as stated above, us on the floor could share with our friends in the seats and they could join in when they wanted.

We spent a good 75% of the show in our group, and maybe 25% looking at the band. We sang together, we thrashed together ... we hugged, we drank ... sure, we loved it when Ed climbed up the rafters in front of us ... and Let Stone Sing was hilarious. All Those Yesterdays was phenomenal, Miracles was perfect as we all had a pilgrimage to the Ramones Museum scheduled for the next day. But again, this was more about friendships than anything.

Radio Rob posted a vid of my friends during Ledbetter in a "circle of love" which I was a part of, and what I said there, I'll reiterate here: This was a moment of a lifetime in a show of a lifetime on a trip of a lifetime with friends I'll have for a lifetime.

By the way, I never got to hear the post show report on PJ Radio, but if you heard some guy going on and on and on about how magical this show was, about how stunning this venue was ... that was me, Mr. Sweatbox, as Rob called me.

Peace to everyone continuing onward ... doesn't looks like the band is slowing down one bit!

Yeah, I remember you guys circling up, that looked like a lot of fun.

And I think one of your group asked me to take a picture of you guys the next day at the Ramones museum.

Cheers!
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    jimed14 said:

dude..seriously..whio was u??
    i knew all those people of thatcircle..i was a few row up..straight ahead..i would jojn if i dint have knee issues..mirella.hinny.dennis.david.nicole.seline.tina..becki all was there..who was u?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    love to see how many pwople loved Wuhlheide and understand why all those years alot of us saying this is the best place to see the band and our favorite..

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mixer77mixer77 Posts: 2
    Hello all
    I'm Mathilda's father - has anyone got pictures of her? Was too busy holding her and keeping her safe :)
    thank you all for help especially biggest thanks to Jason from AU and his wife :)
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    I tried to get a picture of her while she was waving to crowd behind you but unfortunately my mobile phone's camera ain't that good, so pic didn't really succeed. I'm sure someone has better pics of the lil' jammer :)

Big hand for you for holding her up through the show =D>
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    TH83124TH83124 Posts: 6
    Hey Mathilda's dad and whoever is interested,
    very brave and courageous to bring her, but I think, you picked a safe spot. It will be a very cool memory for her in the future. Now to the pictures: There is a site called regioactive.de and they have a photo series from the concert. http://www.regioactive.de/galerie/2014/06/27/fotos-pearl-jam-live-in-der-berliner-wuhlheide-hjNVJhkmk.html
    Check out numbers 5 and 13 for Mathilda.
    http://www.regioactive.de/fotostrecke/story/hjNVJhkmk-5
    http://www.regioactive.de/fotostrecke/story/hjNVJhkmk-13
    Another note:
    I also found my canadien friend on a picture, whom I lost after the early entry, since we spotted different groups of friends up front:
    http://www.regioactive.de/fotostrecke/story/hjNVJhkmk-27
    Whenever you read/see this, send me a PM and we can exchange emails for future concert or travels.
  • Options
    mixer77mixer77 Posts: 2
    thanks a million :)
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    What a setlist!!!
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    TK262896TK262896 Turku, Finland Posts: 18
    Oh how nice to see Mathilda! Greetings to her! What were her thoughts about the concert? How did she manage to wait so long? Maybe one day I'll bring my kids... They've seen only KISS so far. :)

I don't see a link to this, almost the whole show is on youtube https://youtube.com/watch?v=gO1_H98mzJI&list=LLQkviYIs0rubMP5eL51cFMQ

I haven't yet come down from the two gig high... All I can think, all I can listen to, is Pearl Jam...
    Berlin 26-06-14 * Stockholm 28-06-14
  • Options
    justdimijustdimi Posts: 256
    My Berlin photos - https://flic.kr/s/aHsjZpkDwJ

enjoy

greetings Justdimi
    Justdimi,

http://www.pinterest.com/justdimi/
    www.facebook.com/dimitri.sponselee
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/justdimi/
    ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
  • Options
    TK262896TK262896 Turku, Finland Posts: 18
    Great pics, thanks for sharing! :)
    Berlin 26-06-14 * Stockholm 28-06-14
  • Options
    U_it'sUUUU_it'sUUU Posts: 75
    justdimi said:

My Berlin photos - https://flic.kr/s/aHsjZpkDwJ

enjoy

greetings Justdimi

these pics are just so great! Thanks so much...!
  • Options
    Final BowFinal Bow flying Posts: 485
    Great pictures!
    Jun 05, 1992; Nov 04, 1996; Jun 09, 2000; Jun 26, 2000; Aug 29 2006, Sep 16, 2006; Sep 23, 2006; Sep 25, 2006; Sep 30, 2006; Jun 12, 2007; Jun 13, 2007; Jun 18, 2007; Jun 21, 2007; Jun 26, 2007; Jun 28, 2007; Jun 17, 2008; Jun 19, 2008; Jun 20; 2008; Jun 22, 2008; Jun 24, 2008; Jun 25, 2008; Aug 13, 2009; Aug 15; 2009; Aug 18, 2009; Oct 06, 2009; Oct 07, 2009; Oct 09, 2009; Jun 22; 2010; Jun 23, 2010; Jun 25, 2010; Jun 30, 2010; Sept 03, 2011; Sept 04, 2011; Sept 07, 2011; Sept 14, 2011; Sept 15, 2011; Jun 20 2012; Jun 21 2012; Jun 26 2012; Jun 27 2012; Jul 02 2012; Jul 04 2012; Jul 05 2012; Jul 07 2012; Jul 09 2012; Jul 10 2012; Oct 15 2013; Oct 16 2013; Oct 18 2013; Oct 19 2013; Oct 21 2013; Oct 22 2013; Jun 16 2014; Jun 17 2014; Jun 20 2014; Jun 22 2014; Jun 25 2014; Jun 26 2014; Jul 11 2014; Nov 14 2015; Nov 17 2015; Nov 20 2015; Nov 22 2015; Apr 16 2016; Apr 18 2016; Apr 20 2016; Apr 21 2016
  • Options
    gunter1976gunter1976 Posts: 587
    You caught some digital gems right there man, thanks for sharing
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • Options
    kamilaaakamilaaa Warsaw Posts: 44
    edited July 2014
    It was my 3 Pearl Jam concert and second one in Berlin. It was superawesome, rocking in second row in front of Stone. Made friends with Magdalini, great experience! Here're some of my pics. Analog camera this time
    I totally love this one, has something from 90's shows:)
    Berlin 2 2012 | Vienna 2014| Berlin 2014| Gdynia 2014| Berlin EV solo 2017| Heartland Festival EV solo 2017| Amsterdam 2 2018| Pinkpop 2018| Padova 2018| Rome 2018| Prague 2018| Kraków 2018| Berlin 2018| Rock Werchter 2018| Barcelona 2018| London 2 rescheduled 2018| Berlin EV solo 2019| Dusseldorf EV solo 2019
  • Options
    NoortjeNoortje Posts: 8
    Ok reading all these nice comments and show reviews I would like to share our experience!
    It was the 4th time we have been to a PJ concert and the 2nd of the euro tour. Amsterdam II was special in 2012 but Berlin, that is a whole different planet...

We enjoyed Berlin for a few days and got some of the local culture and history of Berlin and Germany. Great vibe in the city and it felt like home (living in the Netherlands)

Walking up to the area, picking up tickets and meeting up with people was all so relaxed that after around 15:00 in the afternoon we already had a great feeling and we said to each other that this would be a special one. The vibe was so relaxed. Getting in line, gates open early and then waiting to get in (everybody had to go to the 2 dixies... :-)

Then sitting about 5 meters from the center right in front of Eddie and waiting for the start of the show. Talked to a lot of dutch people, meet up with some others and still waiting. All so relaxed and great! Waiting for the start of the show; I think we moved back about 5 meters within the first 2 songs and by song nr 4 we were 15 meters from the stage. At some point we were right in the middle of a mosh pit and loved it. Some guys from france, new zealand and germany. Sometimes joining in and sometimes making sure we were not in. Great vibe over here, enough room to stand and perfect view on the stage. Sometimes looking around and seeing all the people standing, singing, waving their hands. What an energy!

Last half hour we went upstairs to see it from the top, walked down to the middle of the stairs and enjoyed the last part of the show. The vibe, people atmosphere and location, I am getting goose bumps just typing this; We LOVE IT! Then rocking in the free world. I never liked this song, it's just not my cup of tea. But in Berlin, with the history lessons we had during the week, the wall, war and everything we watched in Berlin it really hit me.

We looked at each other and had a moment of total freedom. The whole show build up to this moment and it just got together in every sense. It was just overwhelming at that moment and made us realize that we keep rocking in a free world.

At this moment; we would like to go back it was the BEST! We are still living on a cloud at this moment and almost bought tickets for the UK but we both think it will never be as good as Berlin.. So keeping the memory and watching all those video's and listening to songs of PJ. It will take some weeks before we are back on earth again.

• Options
    tedeeruxpintedeeruxpin NJ Posts: 32
    This was the third and last show I saw in Europe (Trieste and Vienna prior) and I think Berlin was my favorite! The venue was great, the people were all so nice and friendly, everywhere I looked everyone was just having a great time and singing along...it was wonderful!

I want to thank the two guys we met from Norway (one was named Tom) and two from Chicago (one was named Eric) that my friend and I (two girls from the US...NJ to be exact) met after the concert trying to get back to the city center. If you guys see this THANK YOU SO MUCH! We were having trouble getting back and they made sure we got back safely, it is much appreciated!