Options

*** Berlin Fanviews Here 6/26/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    edited June 2014
    I have seen them lots and this was the best show, best sound, I was (sitting) stones side, and it was so loud and crystal clear, even every note Mike played, the set list was perfectly flowing, band/crowd interactions and overall experience was the best.

Also requests from the forums were played. Well done to those who posted requests
    Post edited by milan on
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    It is very hard to describe what I felt at this show. I think this one will go down as my favourite ever. It was wonderful meeting up with everyone, despite the transport chaos (thanks to the awesome guys from Roskilde who let us ride with them to the venue so we didn't have to squeeze into the busses! We hope you had an amazing first show!). The setlist was stellar, but the overall mood and the people made this one spectacular. It was so awesome to celebrate the show with our friends together! I almost lost it when Ed started announcing a Matt Cameron song and then dedicated it to the people who are still strong enough to love (or something along those lines)! Even if I might have misinterpreted this, I am thinking You Are was played for us and all the people who found love through PJ :) Thank you, Pearl Jam!!! Hold on, the Stone chant, All those Yesterdays, and finally for me Sleight of Hand!!! Even Sleeping by myself was awesome! I can now say I have seen all of LB live! I don't even know how this can be topped, but I am sure there will be surprises in there for us in Stockholm! Pearl Jam in Wuhlheide is always a blast, but this time everything lined up perfectly! We didn't get a poster at the venue, cause we didn't like it as much, but now we want one because it was so memorable hahaha THANK YOU Pearl Jam, you are the best!
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    With berlin our tour ended but what an amazing night that was. It was absolutely the right decision to do the 4 shows milano/trieste/vienna/berlin. What we experienced in the last days is something i will never forget! 4 times a 3 hour set. 138 songs played (if i count correct) and so many songs i haven't heard before in vienna + berlin!!! But most of all i will remember the beautiful days with wonderful peeps! We really had a blast! Hope everyone enjoyed my hometown vienna and the pre-party there!

Berlin was the best way to end our tour and i'm so thankful that they played Hold On!

up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    TK262896TK262896 Turku, Finland Posts: 18
    This was my first Pearl Jam gig, after being a fan for over two decades. And it was everything I expected and more. First we were in the middle, maybe 6th row, but it really got crazy there. Enjoyed rest of the show from a bit further back.

The crowd amazed me, I had not expected it to be so... Intense... Best crowd ever, and I've been to many non-PJ gigs before. Mindblowing! And the venue was so atmospheric (sp?) - like someone in the 10c queue said, I was lucky to lose my PJ virginity there. :-) Porch, RVM, Sirens... Wanted to hear SOLAT and Crown of thorns, maybe tomorrow in Stockholm (I'm already here, funny with the SAS flight half full of PJ fans). Boy I'm glad I am doing two shows - although after this and reading about you guys doing so many shows, I yearn for more....
    Berlin 26-06-14 * Stockholm 28-06-14
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

That park needs more light though. I was terrified walking back to the train despite being in a huge crowd of people.

Not really, Berlin is one of the safest cities in the world.

Berlin could have a zero percent crime rate, it ain't gonna make me any less scared of the dark.

I did want to come back to mention how great it was that so many requests have been played if not necessarily in the cities requested. When they started introducing you are I immediately thought of Leez & Cav & the thread on here. That one huge sign with the blue back that the security guard took away was funny, but I couldn't see what it said. Also I counted four times the crowd got asked to step back, and from my perch way up high it looked like the ppl on the back rail got a little squeezed in. And the sleeping by myself dedication to that unruly mob in center was funny, but also I've decided i like this song live.

Thanks for clarifying that was from another frozen song. I don't have kids so I've only seen it once.
    Also I want some of whatever ed is taking for his knee.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    Awesome show indeed, gotta love the venue.

half a dozen fans missed a flight out of Berlin today, does anyone know what happened to them? I spoke with some of them, who should have had a connecting flight out of Copenhagen towards Stockholm. Didn't seem likely, so I hope they worked out something?
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    I Want that bootleg now!!!!
    That was an amazing show. EPIC! Hold On, Nothingman and In my tree made my Day. Woooooooo hooooo - the Best Pearl Jam show I Seen.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    NOT FAIR. I needed to be at that show. EPIC. Congrats to all who where at this TRULY special show. Amazing set list and people. Can't wait for the bootleg.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    Was just watching some videos on youtube... venue looks amazing.... during Mike's solo in Mind Your Manners it looked/sounded like Stone got lost there for a half a minute... Jeff was looking at him smiling and Mike's solo was twice as long... they soon pulled it together but it was really cool to listen and watch as they regrouped during such a fast paced song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEvPZ8shAAQ
  • Options
    PJKnopfPJKnopf Posts: 51
    Absolutely mindblowing gig!
    My 9th PJ-show and probably the best due to an amzing venue, fabulous crowd and of course due to the best band in the world. Finally I got Crazy Mary and was lost in tears of joy :-)

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    what a setlist
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    Ed no longer has a problem with his leg.

Channeling Pete Townshend all night!
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    fruuppfruupp Posts: 88
    Just back from Berlin & what a great time was had.Last nights show was just so good & got to hear Crazy Mary for the 1st time.Next stop Leeds.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Funkez said:

Awesome show indeed, gotta love the venue.

half a dozen fans missed a flight out of Berlin today, does anyone know what happened to them? I spoke with some of them, who should have had a connecting flight out of Copenhagen towards Stockholm. Didn't seem likely, so I hope they worked out something?

We arrived in Stockholm! Crazy SAS captain left us at Tegel...eventually we got on the Air Berlin...

Let me told the told you the whole story. Since Trieste I had painful headache because of fucking air conditioning on the train. I woke up on Thursday and it was very painful, then a pouring rain dropped on rome. Mega traffic jam which blocked public transport to the airport. I took a taxi and I paid 70 euros for a ride. I lost my flight and I have to buy a new ticket. The flight was delayed and I arrived in Berlin after 5 pm. Public transport was slow and I arrived at the hotel after 6 pm losing my reservation. I paid more to stay and get another cab. Eventually at 7.30 pm I was at the venue.

Today I arrived on time at Tegel. I had just my handbaggage but there was a monster line. I took almost 1 hour to check and then the fucking captain...

It seems an hilarious nightmare but it has been a dream. Great night. My beloved Crazy Mair!

Now Fatal for Stockholm!

Thanks guys!

• Options
    palmerspalmers Posts: 4
    This show was simply: magic...!

Awesome setlist ( absolutely epic ), great venue ( as always: Wuhlheide is a top location ), a truly passionate & highly energetic crowd ( stood around 15mtrs from stage, Mike's side, People knew how to rock... ).
    One of my absolute favourites since Düsseldorf 2007.
    Thank you Pearl Jam, this was truly a memorable wonderful night!!!
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    Set lists are still kicking ass... Lightning bolt round 2 in Europe hasn't let up...
    Congrats to all whom made a show or 2 or more... it's always worth it!!!
    And one lil' bootleg note...
    Like many of you on here....I'm nutz and buy them all...
    What surprises me is the "bootleg"...or "setlist" I'm like "I gotta have that one"...
    are always good and special ones....but..
    lots of times the ones I least expect,...end up being some of the best thought...
    sorry folks,...I've yet to hear or have been to an average pj show!!!...
    they simply give it their all !!! and they're always Rockin'!!..
    thanks for keeping the bus a rollin' and we'll see ya in the fall!!!
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    PrlJam27 said:

alizmi said:

Europe 14' has been awesome so far. There will be several boots purchased in the future for sure. They had me at Sleight Of Hand!

They had me at Low Light!
    I am hoping a lot of these will make it stateside for October!!
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    curly said:

Set lists are still kicking ass... Lightning bolt round 2 in Europe hasn't let up...
    Congrats to all whom made a show or 2 or more... it's always worth it!!!
    And one lil' bootleg note...
    Like many of you on here....I'm nutz and buy them all...
    What surprises me is the "bootleg"...or "setlist" I'm like "I gotta have that one"...
    are always good and special ones....but..
    lots of times the ones I least expect,...end up being some of the best thought...
    sorry folks,...I've yet to hear or have been to an average pj show!!!...
    they simply give it their all !!! and they're always Rockin'!!..
    thanks for keeping the bus a rollin' and we'll see ya in the fall!!!

Very well said Curly. There pretty much has to be a total mic/instrument failure to make these guys put on a bad show. Any combo of their songs will result in a Killer setlist they we all "must have"!
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    demetrios said:
    The boys were having so much fun....love it!
    It's great the way they were making fun of the "Let It Go" hype. :)

I hate to say it but.............what's up with those shorts Ed is wearing?!

• Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    edited June 2014
    So, my videos are uploaded. Feel free to comment them ;)

In my tree:
    http://youtu.be/fjqL_mpKdOE

Given to fly:
    http://youtu.be/VDZ1uf0dFuI

Jeremy:
    http://youtu.be/OyYRr9LLn9g

Comatose:
    http://youtu.be/uAuapYsQ75c

I believe in miracles:
    http://youtu.be/98hRSBltocM

Alive:
    http://youtu.be/50_qlHbrHhg

Post edited by binaural2002 on
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    U_it'sUUUU_it'sUUU Posts: 75
    This was my first concert and only now did I find the time to write some lines here. I don't know what to say, the place was fantastic and we sat by stones sideaane the sound was amazing. Especially when he sang backing vocals, or even his part on this kids song, lol! Eddie can't by no means be 49. What an energy! All of them. What a voice! Cannot believe I would admit in 2014 that he sounds way better live than in album! The guy next to me said that he's seen them 5 times in Germany and this was the best voice he experienced to see. Hold on was perfect, ATY, blood (!!!), you are, oh! And when they played who you are, I was so happy cause I didn't expect it after they played it so many times already. I just want to say that all the people were so polite around me, people from the US fly all over the world to see them. Everybody had their PJ tshirts on...they were fantastic. And Jeff! He was jumping around like a kid! And they really good at basketball, I owe to say ;-) next on, tonight, with an amazing friend I met through PJ...
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Amazing show in Berlin as always! Wuhlheide never dissapoints!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    Oh my god what a night.
    We flow in from Eindhoven airport and during the fight I got as sick as a dog.
    My friend asked if I wanted to stay at the hotel, but that would be even worse than being sick at the gig. When we arrived at Wuhlheide I was starting to feel better and during the show I was able to stand and dance and sing. After the show I was shaking from the cold, but I had the remory of the show to keep me warm.
    There was a brilliant admosphere in the venue and the setlist was great. Not to mention the boys were in prime form. I needed just one last new opener to have a different opener at all my ten shows, but hey you can´t have everything. I was happy to get such a wonderfull show for my tenth. A few I haddend heard live before, and a few of my personal favourites. I had a blast.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806

ldent42 said:

That park needs more light though. I was terrified walking back to the train despite being in a huge crowd of people.

Not really, Berlin is one of the safest cities in the world.

You could still break you ankle though. :D
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924

Back from Berlin. Went to the Wuhlheide four years ago for the first time and it became an instant favourite venue. So returning, despite the train line being disrupted, had me and my, now veteran, tour partner, and now wife, very excited. We got to the woods around 2.30pm and walked around to the Ten Club area. No queue for wristbands, 90s music blasting from the beer and bratwurst stand, fans just lying around enjoying the park and sunshine. The contrast to Amsterdam and most every other gig venue really hits home. If you've not been I can't recommend it enough. Got in about 5ish and went straight to the seats a couple of rows up on Mike's side. We were in this part of the Wuhleide last time, you feel part of the floor but just raised up enough for an amazing view of the stage and the sun sets off to your right behind the circling tree line. Once we had our spot I went off to grabs some wurst and the wife came back with the show t-shirt. We agreed the poster was a bit shit so didn't bother with that despite being merch fiends.

Untitled

Band came on around 8pm and ripped through a pretty decent first set. Highlights for me were Corduroy (love it every time), Hold On, You Are, Immortality and Lukin. The comedy moment was a chant to get Stone to sing which turned into an improv where Eddie explained that it was not up to Stone, Jeff had to let him. Stone got on the Mike and sang a line from Disney's Frozen (which Ed had tagged in Amsterdam on the end of Daughter and got a strange amount of media attention from). Was good fun stuff. Another good bit was when somebody chucked a basketball on stage and Eddie bounced it through his legs and Jeff spun it on his finger. Geeky PJ shit right there!

The first encoure was chilled and the energy from the first set started to drain away until Comatose and Blood woke everybody back up. Then Porch, the big globe lights came down for the usual swing and duck shenanigans. Ed had a proper fucked up leg in Amsterdam so we watched wondering whether he'd swing from his globe (something that was cool first time around, but now feels a little sad and way too stagey). Guess he felt the same and instead climbed up the the side of the stage...about half way up to the lighting rig. After seeing him limping off at the end of Amsterdam my mind was blown! Sure, it's just a guy climbing up some scaffolding but fuck off, this is Eddie Vedder back to climbing up shit! It doesn't get any better than that.

Ed Berlin 2014

Ed High Berlin 2014

Ed Climbs Berlin 2014

That last one shows how excited I was! Thanks Pearl Jam, if you play there again you'll see me in the crowd.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Oooh, I am a little jealous of this setlist ... "Who You Are" is the one I want most!!! But, Vienna was wonderful, so I will hang on to the afterglow of that experience.

Congrats to the lovers for getting "You Are"!!! Very happy for you.

Just one last thought ... it just amazes me that these guys can pull off a 3 hour high energy show in Vienna, fly to Berlin, and then pull off another fantastic show the very next night. Best band in the world ... and I am so grateful that they continue to give their best to us.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Sounds like this was one of those shows that reminds you why you keep going and why you need to see more than one show.

Awesome.
  • Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415
    I have no words - this was just a truly perfect show!
  • Options
    flintstonedflintstoned Posts: 118
    oh my god, for the sixth time i see them live and THIS happens. Last time was Berlin and Amsterdam 2012 but really they pale compared to this show. I mean, come on, a 3 hours set! Hold On was the highlight for me since it's my favorite 'obscure' song by them and I never even dreamt of about seeing it live. To be honest I barely made it to Berlin but as soon as they started playing Hold On I shed a few tears and figured out that that's the sign it was worth it. The slow set with sleight/sleeping/ATYs/Crazy Mary was spectacular. Overall I was impressed with how energetic the show was. They really gave it all.
    Chorzów 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010
    AMSTERDAM 2012, BERLIN 2012 !!!