*** Milan Fanviews Here 6/20/14 ***

Comments

• dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    mchl said:

let it go? by whom? help me out, please....

Indina Menzel (John Travolta screwed her name up at Oscars) sang it as the character in the movie and Demi Lovato (pop singer) also sang it during the credits. The song is corny and my 5 year old loves it (sings it all the time) but it did with the Oscar (Menze'l version) this year. Eddie clearly giving a shout out to his kids.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Amir1978Amir1978 Posts: 143
    The day after, I am still trying to process and digest all the excitement from last night.

Thank you PJ and a special thank you to the 10Club crew for the special care you give the fans. I look forward to more nights like this in the future!
    Rome 1996 - Milan 2000 - Verona 2006 - London 2009 - EV Hammersmith II 2012 - Milan 2014 - EV Florence & Sicily I-II 2017 - Barolo 2019
    Don't know if it's already been posted but here's yesterday's pin for the show
    Rome 1996 - Milan 2000 - Verona 2006 - London 2009 - EV Hammersmith II 2012 - Milan 2014 - EV Florence & Sicily I-II 2017 - Barolo 2019
  • The first encore trio of Spin the Black Circle, Lukin, Porch must have been incredible!!

Would have loved to have been there with all the Faithfull.

Happy travels everybody.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    Absolutely stunning show

So many highlights - personal ones for me are the unbelievable black, rvms and jeremy - honestly I've seen those tracks countless times but they were so intensely good .... They were on fire.

The crowd was awesome - the venue unreal - Ed proudly declaring his anniversary, randomly hugging his kids here and there, matt C dancing with his wife, his son taking over mikes guitar..

First time who you are and thin air for me - which had tremendous arrangement and I have to Ed sounded great to me - contrary to what is said above .... And my first (AT LAST) spin the black circle - and it was a scorcher

There ain't another band around like these boys.... Just insane.

( even funny to see Ed completely screw up GTF)
  • smcleishsmcleish Oxford Posts: 137
    What an incredible show! This easily ranks up there with one of my favourites, ever!

So many highlights for me - the crowd sing along during the first three songs was stunning! Hearing the Lightning Bolt songs for the first time played live! Mike running circuits round the stage (a la PJ20) during"Spin the Black Circle"!!! and "It's OK" during the break in "Daughter" - amazing!!!

Loved the fact many people cheered after Mike correctly played the first solo break in "Thin Air" - too many of us have been listening to Benaroya Hall :o))

Such a respectful crowd in the 10C area - much love to the Italian fans!

and respect to Eddie, clearly physically struggling with his knee but still giving it the full beans!!!

Love this band!
  • mamacilmamacil Posts: 44
    Amir1978 said:

hey! I want the same! Didnot see it yesterday :(

London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    we are in trieste...still..everyone talks about milan show..all are just WOW..
    i think yesterday we saw something unique and that happens once in a life time
    and thanks eddie...i think was during black he wave at me to lift my flag i had at barrier
    and i pick it up and show it to him and saw was greek one...and r like 25 songs later came to me and said to security give it to the guy with greek flag or to greece....
    that was really fun see him saying Greek or Greece

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • tsoviktsovik Oslo Posts: 3
    Thanks for the greatest night in Milano ever!!
    (just one thing to the guard who tried to sell Ed's emty wine bottle for 50euro: You should be ashamed of your self!)

Looking forward to Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Rock Welcher and Texas!
    And Everybody is invited to pre barbeque party in Fornebu bukta in Oslo before The show! The band members aswell!
    Sea,
    You should mention that on RITFW Mike gave the guitar to Matt's son. He was totally cool by the way!
  • PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    I was just about to ask who was playing Mike's guitar at the end.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    Amir1978 said:

Thanks for sharing! Love it
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    edited June 2014
    ***PSA: if you are flying out of Milan today (June 22), MXP and LIN staff on strike, check your flights***

Ok, about the show. Felt so special to be there, especially after seeing pictures of it filled up. WOW. It was initially like a sauna, even Matt had to keep out of his seat a few times, I'm assuming to get some air lol.

Highlight for me was the It's OK tag, I'm always hopeful but often disappointed so I assumed it wouldn't be any different this time, but it was!

Stone was totally playing to the crowd immediately in front of him, he broke out into a big smile at various times throughout the show. I forgive him for chopping off his hair.

Ed's anniversary dedication to Jill was super sweet, and the Happy Birthday to Mrs. MFC/Matt slow-dancing with her was lovely. Such a gentleman.

Also very cool to rock out with Paul (pdalowsky) and Graham (nadahombre). I think between the 3 of us, we had 4 continents represented :)
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Magic_NYCMagic_NYC Posts: 28
    I'll add that Matt, while dancing with his wife, did a smooth two hand grab of her ass. Classic.

10th show and first overseas. I was overwhelmed looking back at the crowd. The people in the last row were thrashing about. Impressive as hell.

Ed did Walter Payton's jersey proud by channeling "sweetness" and gutting it out with a knee obviously in pain.

I too appreciated Stone's playing to the crowd in front of him. He really connected with them and you could see his smile from 10 deep.

With Ed being hurt I though Mike and Jeff really picked up the energy. Mike running in circles during Spin The Black Circle and Jeff swinging the lights and ducking them. I've seen them break a swinging light in San Diego and saw Ed swing on one over the crowd in Brooklyn, but Jeff was really having fun with them solo while Ed poured wine down his throat. Tremendous show, Jeff.

For me, first time for Improv and Thin Air. Loved Improv.

On to Trieste. I'd love to hear Whipping and/or In My Tree.

Awesome job 10 club. Grazie PJ for another unforgettable night.
  • CB167195CB167195 Posts: 6
    wait, 1st set black? is this a type? ever happen before?
  • marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    PH20 said:

I was just about to ask who was playing Mike's guitar at the end.

He's Ray Cameron, the Matt's son.... I believe.
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • I was blown away and I've seen pj 50+ times and this is up there with Berlin 2010 and alpine valley,met some amazing dudes so a big shout out to the Bournemouth and Israeli crew and not forgetting my German drinking buddy!!!
    Bring on Trieste baby!
    COYS!
  • ron416ron416 Posts: 17
    perfect show, great crowd and big respect for the sound crew!!

Just returned home in Netherlands (was so stupid to not do trieste as well)

In the beginning i was a little scared, because the people from sound had hard time to let the guitar of Mike give enough volume, after 4 - 5 songs they managed it! Respect for that because the acoustic in San Siro is not the easiest. We where in the front pit and could hear the sound returning from the back many times in the beginning, the sound crew also managed that after a few songs.

Compliments also to the organisation. No line-up to get the 10c Tickets, Smooth and quick entrance to the inner pit, space enough at the back of the front pit. This is were you are member for!!! as a Dutchman i can say that the people at Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Mojo or whom ever is organising there, can learn a LOT from the organisation in Milano. Amsterdam 1 was terrible with waiting lines all over and early entry advance of 5 minutes. Of course PJ recoverd that negative feeling later on with a great show.

Ed surprised just at the moment the national hymne started at the game against puerto rico in Brazil, to come up and play Porch. Unfortunately for Italy and for the Night Italy lost the game. I am sure Ed had plans to do something with it if they had won the game. Now he could not use it!

The start with release and the reaction of the crowd singing louder than Ed promised a special night. It became a once in a lifetime experience, what is a combination of everything off course. Big time goosebumbs moments in 3 hours. Berlin 2010 was for me one of the best crowds ever, but San Siro 2014..........incredible. I give Berlin the chance next week to stay at number 1, before i judge.

A lot of international people among the italiens. The italiens are, Lets say special people: i saw 1 couple with a 2 year old kid in the front pit, i was happy that they protected her ears well. Although there was space enough in the front pit i saw the security 2 times take good action because people were fighting (never seen that at pearl jam shows in any country). Security was fast and rough for these stupid people.

Some of my request were heared:
    Sad
    It's OK tag
    Crown of thorns was on the setlist but not played.

Next week in Berlin i hope to get some of the rest, like: crazy mary, present tense, slight of hand and breath.

• evlover76evlover76 Posts: 26
    The concert has been simply amazing. The setlist was a gift in itself ... They love Italy and the Italian crowd and the atmosphere has been electric all night long ... never seen such a sharing ... I was really impressed. Mike was really on fire ... Ed gave everything he could for 3 hours nevertheless the pain in his leg.
    I felt like we were in a big and joyful party ...

But I must complain about the seats. For several reasons this time I had to take part to the drawing for reserved seats in Milan ... and I got the worse ones.
    I was in the 8th line on the left side of the stadium but it was so fuckin lateral that I couldn't even see Matt and Stone. And moreover I was amongst people that buyed tickets at the general pubic sale ...
    I don't know if it always happens but I was really disappointed about that and I could not live the show in the way I thought ... I mean ... you should give the best seats to fanclub members and not the unsold remains ... and moreover you have to put the fans in reserved areas because being with people that do not care that much about pj is really living "another" concert.
    Of course I met a lot of people in my same situation and everyone was fuckin upset.
    It was a slight ...
    I hope it depends on organization in San Siro and not on tenclub..
    Happy to have 2 GA in Stoccolma ... but I know it won't be the same.

Anyway .... thank you guys for the show. Loved it ...
    EVLOVER76
  • RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Just watched black from Milan !! Woowww that sing along was amazing! I wish i was there!
  • pljampljam Posts: 387
    I am all the way down here in Australia and always read these fanviews (thanks Sea) and can honestly say I am so happy(and jealous ) for everyone that has been at these shows,what amazing sets and with what Ed said after encore break 2 really resonates , it is not just the best music on this planet,PJ shows are a family of strangers from first song to last,keep enjoying the concerts all of you,greatest fucking band ever
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    There are some pictures up on the main page (or timeline on the app). This stadium looks so awesome.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    I have been waiting anxiously to read this thread, but having read it I am a bit stunned.
    Glad to see some valid points concerning the show - I needed that.
    We were four at the show with +70 shows between us, and we were all disappointed! The show had an odd subdued feel to it. The band was very intense, but they didn't connect with the audience as well as usual. People didn't resond very well to Eddie's italian and they didn't seem to understand his english...
    Having said that we thoroughly enjoyed the show - it just never took of. We probably had too high expectations from having seen them in Milan before.

We are back in Berlin in 5 days, so see you there then :-)
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • milanmilan Posts: 447

I have been waiting anxiously to read this thread, but having read it I am a bit stunned.
    Glad to see some valid points concerning the show - I needed that.
    We were four at the show with +70 shows between us, and we were all disappointed! The show had an odd subdued feel to it. The band was very intense, but they didn't connect with the audience as well as usual. People didn't resond very well to Eddie's italian and they didn't seem to understand his english...
    Having said that we thoroughly enjoyed the show - it just never took of. We probably had too high expectations from having seen them in Milan before.

We are back in Berlin in 5 days, so see you there then :-)

.............. but 65,000 fans singing along to Release .... and then screaming through Not For You was some kind of connection surely?
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
    Yup - but I expected a stronger connection! Where we were in the pit there wasn't much screaming and yelling...
    And I don't think 65.000 sang along. This is the problem with stadiums compared to arenas - you "dilute" the fan influence. It was insanely more intense in Milan in 2006!
    It was still a great show - never been to a 3h show before and never heard even a snippet of W.M.A before :-)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2014
    evlover76 said:

The concert has been simply amazing. The setlist was a gift in itself ... They love Italy and the Italian crowd and the atmosphere has been electric all night long ... never seen such a sharing ... I was really impressed. Mike was really on fire ... Ed gave everything he could for 3 hours nevertheless the pain in his leg.
    I felt like we were in a big and joyful party ...

But I must complain about the seats. For several reasons this time I had to take part to the drawing for reserved seats in Milan ... and I got the worse ones.
    I was in the 8th line on the left side of the stadium but it was so fuckin lateral that I couldn't even see Matt and Stone. And moreover I was amongst people that buyed tickets at the general pubic sale ...
    I don't know if it always happens but I was really disappointed about that and I could not live the show in the way I thought ... I mean ... you should give the best seats to fanclub members and not the unsold remains ... and moreover you have to put the fans in reserved areas because being with people that do not care that much about pj is really living "another" concert.
    Of course I met a lot of people in my same situation and everyone was fuckin upset.
    It was a slight ...
    I hope it depends on organization in San Siro and not on tenclub..
    Happy to have 2 GA in Stoccolma ... but I know it won't be the same.

Anyway .... thank you guys for the show. Loved it ...

I have noticed that whoever assigns reserved seats at 10C seems to think that the only thing to consider is actual distance between the seat and the stage, as the crow flies. It works very poorly in some cases, particularly when the stage blocks the view from seats close to the side of the stage. Same problem happened at Wrigley Field. People with low numbers had obstructed views while people with higher numbers were further away but could see everything so had way better seats. Same kind of thing with the seats behind pit in North America. 10C needs to work on this.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • evlover76evlover76 Posts: 26
    Yes ... I would like to make a claim about it ... but don't know where.
    For sure, I'll never take reserved seats again ...
    EVLOVER76