Milan, Italy
June 20, 2014
Set List

01. Release
02. Nothingman
03. Sirens
04. Black
05. Go
06. Do The Evolution (during “hallelujah” chorus Mike places a pick in Jeff’s mouth when they are singing on the same mic)
07. Corduroy
08. Lightning Bolt
09. Mind Your Manners
10. Pilate
11. Untitled
12. MFC
13. Given To Fly (forgets opening verse lyrics)
14. Who You Are
15. Sad
16. Even Flow
17. Swallowed Whole
(wishes first time concert goer Michael a happy 13th birthday)
18. Setting Forth
19. Not For You
20. Why Go
21. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1

22. Yellow Moon
23. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
24. Thin Air
(Ed toasts his wife on the 14th anniversary of when they met here in Milan)
25. Just Breathe
26. Daughter/W.M.A/Let It Go-(Lopez, Lopez)/It's OK-(Cole)
27. Jeremy
(audience sings happy Birthday to Matt’s wife)
28. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
29. Spin The Black Circle
30. Lukin
31. Porch

Encore Break 2
(Ed discusses how we are living in the greatest age of science, knowledge, technology and discovery our world has ever know and at the same time war and peoples mental health and corruption of the government keep all the people from living in peace. We agree on this and it is such a beautiful thing to go anywhere in the world and see this many people agree on anything. It’s fucking beautiful. It gives us hope.)

32. Alive
33. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
34. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    The set list looked really good on my computer in Ohio!

It would have been great to have been there for the experience!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    no words.....just one thing....Unbielivable...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    edited June 2014
    I never thought I'd see Pearl Jam in San Siro. Since the announcement was made, I have probably had the worst 7 months of my life. They end today.
    Thank you to the lovely toothless security person who orchestrated our entry into the stadium in a way so that my brother's girlfriend who didn't have a bracelet, could join us in the inner circle. I was so surprised to see the third ring open... very few acts manage to do that.
    The atmosphere in the inner circle was surreal. Everyone was incredibly polite and respectful. A marked change from 2006, when I seriously thought I would die.
    The beginning was absolutely magical, as the setlist gives away. During the stretch Go-Evenflow, a mixture of Ed's pain and San Siro's tricky acoustic and things got a little rough. During this parenthesis, I thought how brave Ed was being. He sometimes struggled to keep up with the band. His voice was gorgeous as ever, but during those songs I was reminded that they spoil us with near perfection all the time, and this was a hard time. Ed forgot the lyrics to GTF. Like... completely. That tells you something's wrong. Who you Are did sound like IMT at the beginning! Untitled was a thing of beauty, of course.
    While I adore Sad, it wasn't the best version. Then magically, during Evenflow Ed disappeared for a few minutes. I think he took something for the knee and straightened out the sound issue, cause from then on things got way better!
    Not for you was probably the best version I have ever heard in my 22 shows. Why Go was deeply personal for me this time. I had always sang it as the daughter, and this time I heard it as a mother. It was hard to hear Ed reproach me for not standing up for my kid :)

Love Yellow Moon, love it. Small town was glorious... acoustic start and then San Siro filled in :)

Thin Air was a little meh. I think I may have heard Ed sing off key for the first time in years!
    Before Just Breathe Ed gave a shout out to Jill, and he turned towards her several times while singing. Daughter is Milan's song. It's always played. The crowd always takes it to a new level. I positively lost it during the It's Ok tag. The first encore was looooong! So long that I seriously feared they would not come back for another, but they did! Alive was great... imagine 60000 people jumping and singing! RITFW is another one Milan always gets, and it drives the crowd crazy. At some point, I don't remember when, the crowd sang Happy Birthday to April Cameron, and Matt danced with her. His kid played guitar during RITFW in Mike's place. I think at some point Stone gestured him to take the solo and he said: NO! :)

I am beyond grateful that the band choose to play a bunch of yards from where I grew up and my parents still live. I hope Ed feels better soon. You could tell he was not going to let a little pain go in the way of enjoying this historic moment. I am moving back to Milan after 20 years in the US, and I am stoked my band welcomed me back.
    Post edited by meme on
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Can anyone confirm the Let It Go tease?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Amir1978Amir1978 Posts: 143
    The San Siro show just blew me away.
    Solid, solid performance!

I was three rows from the stage, Mike's side. There was a feeling in the stadium that they were up for something special, from the very moment Eddie showed up before the broadcast of the FIFA soccer match, but I wouldn't ever have dreamed about a show with such intensity.

It felt like kind of an all time hits show, and the crowd was delighted, but the guys also surprised everyone with some yield-era gems. Mike was ON FIRE. Too bad I couldn't sneak any pins.

It was the first time for me attending a show via the Ten Club, and everything was just perfect!

I liked the merch too, got myself a Milan shirt which has a nice mockup of the famous Alfa Romeo car maker, a Munk One print and a onesie for the toddler.

Hell of a night!
    Can't wait for the bootleg!
    The video recordings were awesome too, you guys should release an official video soon!
    Rome 1996 - Milan 2000 - Verona 2006 - London 2009 - EV Hammersmith II 2012 - Milan 2014 - EV Florence & Sicily I-II 2017 - Barolo 2019
    BinFrog said:

confirmed!
    BinFrog said:

yep
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    Hands down best show I've been too. I mean how can you top that opening sequence of release (I've never heard it live and been waiting), nothing man, sirens and black, with 65,000 or whatever singing along.
    Compared to Amsterdam 1, this was WAY better. I know larger crowd and Friday night makes a difference, but 10C tickets made a difference here unlike Amsterdam. Here we had room and had amazing view. In Amsterdam if I wanted to move it all and not be a sardine, had to go right to the back of the floor

Anywyas this show was amazing and my dream start!!
  • EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    I'd be beyond happy with this set .
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    great night
    Bucket list mutiple ticks on so many levels
    crowd spoiled Black. do do do do after Mikes solo
    see here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaNbXrmVWPo

But PJ in the San fucking Siro Oh My ....

'06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • devindoughtydevindoughty Las Vegas, Nevada Posts: 27
    I'm not sure how I can go back to shows stateside after tonight. Pure fucking magic. And they play some footy there too eh?
    1998: Knoxville, TN
    2000: Albuquerque, NM
    2003: Denver, CO
    2004: Asheville, NC
    2012: Atlanta, GA
    2013: Chicago, IL & Los Angeles, CA I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I, Milan, Vienna, Trieste, Berlin, St. Louis
    2016: Columbia, SC & Chicago, IL I & II
    2018: Chicago I & II
    That black video wasn't tonight. Ed was wearing a Bears jersey
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Very Impressive setlist :)
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited June 2014
    The GO, DTE, Corduroy, Lightning Bolt, Mind your Manners sequence was solid. Then they destoyed it by playing Pilate. It was like a bus driver hitting suddenly the break. They should have continue with GIven to Fly or Sad or Hail, Hail, a song with more energy in it.

Why go and Rearviewmirror was very special to me and I was shocked for the rest of the show after these two.

The accoustic Porch at the beginning of the football game was great.
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    just got home from the Dam. Nice set for Italy.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    This is a huge stadium, right? How full was it? Did sell the floor for the whole field?
  • bchagnonbchagnon Posts: 164
    I'm buying every Euro boot if this shit keeps up! Holy hell!

"Leave it to me as I find a way to be.
    Consider me a satellite forever orbiting.
    I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me.
    Guaranteed."
  • I'llridethewaveI'llridethewave Posts: 181
    edited June 2014
    Are you kidding me!?!? I would have lost it with the first two songs alone. What a night you all had. F&)$ing Fantastic! I get so much joy from reading posts of those who had a blast. Thank you. Oh, the anticipation of October in the US....
    And healing vibes go out to Eddie. Still giving it his all when his body isn't 100%. They love Italia!
    Post edited by I'llridethewave on
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • mchlmchl Posts: 15
    let it go? by whom? help me out, please....
  • JimmyjamhJimmyjamh Posts: 90
    No words to describe it guys, it was incredible. The atmosphere was electric, the Italians were amazing, the band were incredible and the set was stunning. There must have been 50 or 60 thousand in there singing there hearts out. A truly special night
    mrussel1 said:

This is a huge stadium, right? How full was it? Did sell the floor for the whole field?

It was sold out. 60,000. Lawn and three rings.

• milanmilan Posts: 447
    chitty said:

That black video wasn't tonight. Ed was wearing a Bears jersey

I know that was in 2006 and how it should be done. TTonight the crowd jumped in as Mike played the first notes of his solo - all wrong.

'06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
    Ok I see what you're saying now!

Only complaint for this show: the toilets on the floor. There was maybe 20 port a potties for the whole floor. There was a regular bathroom but they wouldn't allow you to use it during the performance.
  • mamacilmamacil Posts: 44
    It was absolutly fantastic to be THERE, to live that, a very spécial night...
    First of all, at 6pm Eddie comes and play porch acoustic, and It was like à big gift for people who wait during hours!
    Then we say hello to his little girl, to Matt's son, and , with à completly 65000 stadium, you feel at home. The inner circle was à first expérience for me, and It changes everything, cause, at the difference of Berlin in 2012 for example, you are "cool" in the stage, no crushing, space to dance, and open stadium is more more more comfortable, with fresh air!
    The TC fans in the inner circle were great, I was alone for the show, but speak and meet lot of very nice people, a couple of CANADIAN, if you read, give Mê your mail please!, guys from the States, a couple of Italians, hoping to see Bruce Springsteen...

The setlist.... Well.... Except "nothing as it seems" I hope I ll hear in Trieste tomorrow.... It was just behind words. The 4th first opening songs were calm, it changes!
    Was really happy to hear DTE and RVM , setting fourth was a good surprise, the encore 2 was long, and the show end at almost midnight!
    The band seems very happy to be there, joyful.
    Eddie forgot the beginning of given to fly...but the ambiance was there, so..
    Every show is going too fast for me...waiting 2 years the venue, and give all you have for 3 hours, it s a big emotion, a pleasure to meet that band, rocking, saying words of peace, generous men...
    The only default yesterday, maybe people should move more! Sometimes I look at people around me, listening "alive" and dont sing or dance...how is it possible?! So, a little too calm for me, I had to go at the middle to receive wild energy ;)

see u in Trieste PJ fans!

Is someone going to Venezia today? Hope I ll meet some fans there!
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • mchl said:

Hehe, I see, you probably don't have little children... Haven't you see the movie Frozen yet??? ;-)

She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • It was a surreal, fantastic show!!! I managed to survive a bunch of drunk people who got wild just behind me, a few guys crowd-surfing above me, but it was just magic, third row, singing along with 65.000 people, amazing set list!!! Thank you so much PJ!!!!
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
    seriously...PEARL JAM AT SAN FUCKIN SIRO??..cant believe it......how loud was that crowd...the sing along was coming like waves
    this is not for you yoj you....that echo....
    omg....i dont even have to mention..i met Mike ..i drunk eddies wine and eddie gave me a tambourine and gave one tamburine too to the security guy cos he did it right!!!
    a fuckin blast....THANK YOU MILAN...
  • mchlmchl Posts: 15

mchl said:

Hehe, I see, you probably don't have little children... Haven't you see the movie Frozen yet??? ;-)

no ;) but thank you....
  • LuigiCSLuigiCS Posts: 13
    edited June 2014
    Just got the train to Trieste. What can I say, every time I looked up to the packed rings I got chills. All those people singing along...wow! Really impressive. The setlist was like "ok, here's what we've got, let's kill them!". Mike was absolutely on fire (even if I was on Stone side so I might have lost something). I think that the guys looked pretty impressed. I mean, in San Siro is like you have a wall 30mt high full of people in front of you.

Eddie must do something for his voice. I almost thought he wasn't going to make it through the whole show. He just let the crowd sing for most of the time.

And now, Trieste! Let's keep on rocking
    Post edited by LuigiCS on
    2006: Turin - Pistoia| 2010: Venice | 2012: Berlin | 2014: Milan - Trieste | 2018: London - Milan - Padua | 2022: Zurich
  • Mookie1976Mookie1976 Posts: 51
    Pure declaration of love! Thank you Pearl Jam, Grazie Italia!
    Zürich 2000
    Bern 2006
    Southside Festival 2007
    Berlin 2010
    Berlin 1&2 2012
    Milano 2014
    EV-Solo Amsterdam 2017
    Padova 2018
    Prague 2018
    Zürich 2022