Options

**Halifax Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    this is probably going to be my desktop background photo until the end of me

i was browsing the http://www.halifaxlocals.com forum one night and i found a picture of me and my friend at this show

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=53708391&size=o
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    i see what you mean lanners. it's just that i guess i remember the coast being the "alternative" paper when it first came out. to me bands like PJ epitomize the ducking of trends and focussing on the music, their art, and their fans. it was just surprising to me that they didn't do a story on PJ as well. i wasn't surprised at the SK story at all, just the lack of coverage for PJ.

I know what you mean. I have no problem with the Coast covering SK, but to ignore PJ is just crazy. Actually, they didn't just ignore them, they slammed them, saying PJ was in a slump and hard up. I was so pissed off I sent the Coast a letter which they printed in the feedback section the following edition. I didn't make it to the Hfx. show, though I went to the Toronto one. Frankly, SK did very little for me. I bought the boot for Hfx. and it sounds awesome, and better than the Tor. show. Sounds like the guys were having a lot of fun in Hfx.. Better setlist too. Frankly, I couldn't giver a shit about Bono showing up in Tor. Anyways, if the boys ever play Hfx. again, I'll be there. I wouldn't miss it. I've got Love Boat Cap'n(hfx. boot) cranked as a write - its fucking awesome !!
  • Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    Dare I say, DVD plans????????
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    my theory (in regard to the question in your subject line) is that we keep posting new things, so that's why they keep us up!

as for the DVD...i certainly hope so!!!
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    andydick8 wrote:
    Dare I say, DVD plans????????

A DVD of the Halifax show?? Man, would that ever rock, and what a plug for Keith's, I might ad!!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    I'd buy it, one for everyone I know.
  • Options
    If they did come out with that DVD I would build a house out of them and live there forever.
  • Options
    Wow, this show has probably gotten the best response out of all the shows on this tour.
  • Options
    It's not a sticky anymore. Now I've done it....
  • Options
    I hope there is a DVD cuz this show was AMAZING!!! this was the best show onthe Canadian tour and i am so glad i was in attendance for it
    peace
  • Options
    andydick8 wrote:
    It's not a sticky anymore. Now I've done it....

damn you for upsetting the harmonic balance of this thread! ;)

i was wondering when it would get demoted to non-stickyland.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    This thread should remain a sticky forever
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006
  • Options
    I'm gonna bump until this thread gets RE-stickied!!!
    Halifax Wins, "the dominant of all the Candian dates" Hooray!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    meancana wrote:
    I'm gonna bump until this thread gets RE-stickied!!!
    Halifax Wins, "the dominant of all the Candian dates" Hooray!!

Where have you been? Didn't you re-install messenger? If that doesn't work, I can always burn a copy and mail it to you.

Edit: This sounds bad mods, but it's a video. I'm not giving away bootlegs or anything.
  • Options
    andydick8 wrote:
    Where have you been? Didn't you re-install messenger? If that doesn't work, I can always burn a copy and mail it to you.

Edit: This sounds bad mods, but it's a video. I'm not giving away bootlegs or anything.

I did reinstall but it's no better, I'll hook up with you on MSN sometime very soon, I've been busy with stuff, but still want that video real bad!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    I think we East Coasters have proven ourselves to be either big-mouths or very loyal!

It was a great show and the fact that they even came this far east should be celebrated and fêted for a LONG time because shit like this doesn't happen very often 'round these parts.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    I have video clips and practically full versions of down, blood, daughter, small town, porch, fortunate son and rockin in the free world.
    Mansfield 07/11/03
    Halifax 09/22/05
    Dude! what period is it? I don't fucking know, get me another beer!
  • Options
    Someone hook me up with some videos. This show was amazing!

Mh
  • Options
    I want video too!!!!!!!! Anybody??
    The in-between is mine....
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    I can't believe someone out there has some Halifax video they ain't sharin ;-)

Google video it pronto!!

hehe
  • Options
    please supply a link... i would loooooooooooooooove to have it!
    peace
  • Options
    gimme a link
  • Options
    The video of Fortunate Son and RITFW is being "verified" right now. It was taken from the first row of the balcony with what looks like a digital camera. Not the best quality or anything, but there are some nice shots of the crowd if nothing else. I just wish I had one from my 10C seat. Oh well

I'll post the link as soon as it's up. Does anyone know if it's ok to post? Is it against board regulations or anything? Judging by the number of videos of seen here, it must be alright.
  • Options
    My video is from section 38, video is fuzzy but sound isnt bad, i had a digital camera so its as good as you can get with a camera, my buddies video's are a bit clearer but the audio is a bit scratchy.
    i also have
    rearview mirror
    even flow
    better man, with the crowd singing along
    and a couple of eddie's chats in between songs including, 8 pack WTF
    Mansfield 07/11/03
    Halifax 09/22/05
  • Options
    hey LABRADORIAN, you were only one section away from me...i was waaay up in the upper annals of Section 39. It was a great angle at which to watch the show, but we were quite far up.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    I totally agree about angle view, it was great. When i first got my tickets i was bummed because of where i was, i almost got out of the lineup when i heard what was left but decided to stick it out, glad i did. The Metro Center is so small that other then being in the back,. anywhere was a good view of the stage.
    Mansfield 07/11/03
    Halifax 09/22/05
  • Options
    You have to submit this video to us somehow Labradorian, i've been dying to see video from my first PJ concert Halifax!!! Someone said Google Video, that's a very good idea "hint, hint"
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    I know its off topic, but does anyone remember the April Wine concert in Halifax? It was somewhere back around '79-'81. Followed by a riot, of course. Ahhhh, good times... For whatever reason, I get the feeling that would never happen at a Pearl Jam concert these days.
  • Options
    I know what you mean. I have no problem with the Coast covering SK, but to ignore PJ is just crazy. Actually, they didn't just ignore them, they slammed them, saying PJ was in a slump and hard up. I was so pissed off I sent the Coast a letter which they printed in the feedback section the following edition. I didn't make it to the Hfx. show, though I went to the Toronto one. Frankly, SK did very little for me. I bought the boot for Hfx. and it sounds awesome, and better than the Tor. show. Sounds like the guys were having a lot of fun in Hfx.. Better setlist too. Frankly, I couldn't giver a shit about Bono showing up in Tor. Anyways, if the boys ever play Hfx. again, I'll be there. I wouldn't miss it. I've got Love Boat Cap'n(hfx. boot) cranked as a write - its fucking awesome !!

awesome letter! that's really what prompted me to write something here. that and the fact that the PJ concert was "reviewed" in the small corner of a full page on "the trews". i can't stand the trews!!! their sound is so generic and bland, and their lyrics are equally bland. just my opinion, but they stink. i thought it insulting to PJ that they were in the corner of that page in particular. you're right about this setlist, it was fantastic. i also liked it better than the toronto boot. for a weekly like the coast to virtually ignore an event of this magnitude and, as you said, slam PJ was unfathomable for me.

thanks again for writing that letter!
  • Options
    lanners wrote:
    I think we East Coasters have proven ourselves to be either big-mouths or very loyal!

It was a great show and the fact that they even came this far east should be celebrated and fêted for a LONG time because shit like this doesn't happen very often 'round these parts.

i think there are many factors lanners. the setlist, our loyalty, PJ loyalty to long time fans, and as you mentioned the lack of major events 'round these parts. for me it just keeps coming back to listening to "ten" in high school, and never imagining that i would see this band live, let alone in my hometown! i have been to a lot of shows, and i've seen a ton of bands, but there aren't very many that compared to this show for me. the tunes, the crowd, the band interaction with the crowd...just an unexplainable feeling and experience. i hope we are all able to get together and do it again!