Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I haven't. It's slow going. They are going by your first name. Last I heard they were on the Ls or something.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

I haven't. It's slow going. They are going by your first name. Last I heard they were on the Ls or something.

thanks
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    JK_Livin said:

Does anyone here have 2 subscriptions to The Vault? If so, do you use different email and shipping addresses?

Everything is the same except email addresses
    MedozK said:

JK_Livin said:

Does anyone here have 2 subscriptions to The Vault? If so, do you use different email and shipping addresses?

Everything is the same except email addresses
    Thanks.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2014
    JK_Livin said:

Anyone else not get a shipping confirmation for Vault 19?

I didn't. When did those start coming out?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

JK_Livin said:

I've received them for the last few.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited April 2014
    JK_Livin said:

PJ_Soul said:

JK_Livin said:

I've received them for the last few.
    Ha, thanks! But I meant on what date did the emails for Vault 19 start coming? :) I got one for the Neil Young album I ordered, but nothing for the Vault.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    They started coming at the beginning of April. If you log onto the Vault, you'll see a news announcement.
    edited April 2014

They started coming at the beginning of April. If you log onto the Vault, you'll see a news announcement.

Thanks! I think I'll annoyingly email them and ask when mine will ship. :P
    Woke up to this!!

Dear Tom O'Malley!
    Your Third Man Records Vault Subscription has been suspended.
    Suspensions of Vault subscriptions are most likely due to an address verification, expiration date error with your card or an issue collecting payment on Paypal's end.

If your account has been suspended, you purchased with a credit card and you wish to maintain your current renewal date, please go to My Account->My Subscriptions and choose to edit your suspended subscription. Click the reactivate link. At that point you will be taken through the checkout process again and have the chance to update your credit card billing information.

If your account has been suspended, you purchased your subscription using Paypal and you wish to maintain your current renewal date, please contact us at vault@thirdmanrecords.com.

Regardless of payment method, you will have 3 business days to work with us to reconcile your account before your account will expire, at which point you will need to start from square 1 and resubscribe.

I forgot I got a new CC expiration date.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    That happened to me back in the Fall and I updated it with them by e-mail and I still got the package for the quarter. But now I renew in the middle of a quarter and I'm always afraid they may not pick up on that and I'll miss a package.

• Karojo820673Karojo820673 Posts: 201
    edited April 2014
    If you become a member are the vault packages part of the subscription of extra? If so I'm gonna have to check that out
    They have a regular subscription that gets you access to the site and a platinum which gets you the package.

If you become a member are the vault packages part of the subscription of extra? If so I'm gonna have to check that out

$70.00 quarterly for the subscription with the Vault package. I would imagine that the subscription without the vault package is significantly cheaper (or free?).
    $20 for the Gold (basically site access s you enter contests, get news, and access the vault only store)
    $60 for the Platinum (Gold + the package)

USD.

I don't think anyone subscribes to Gold. Why would you?

Oh, $70.00 outside of the USA btw, presumably for the extra shipping cost.
    So these are still shipping, but people are not getting notifications as they ship. They are just showing up. They are in the last third of the alphabet.

So these are still shipping, but people are not getting notifications as they ship. They are just showing up. They are in the last third of the alphabet.

I emailed them yesterday about it, but still haven't heard back. My last name is Jones.
    They are going by first name on this one.

edited April 2014

My first name is Alli, lol. They must be going through the alphabet in reverse. :P
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204

$20 for the Gold (basically site access s you enter contests, get news, and access the vault only store)
    $60 for the Platinum (Gold + the package)

USD.

I don't think anyone subscribes to Gold. Why would you?

I have a Gold membership. It allows me access to ticket presales. If one of the Vault packages really catches my eye I pony up to the Platinum for the quarter. No member number BS with Jack and Thirdman. Sometimes I'm a member sometimes I'm not. Paying 20 bucks a few days before his pre-sale tickets go on sale is smooth sailing.

• Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    There was a lot more incentive to pay for the Gold subscription when it first started. THey regularly have video chats (Dead Weather, Jack, Ben B, Swank, etc.) I haven't seen one of those in a grip though.

The gold really is only good for pre-sales. the vault novelty store is all left over stuff from various appearances.

Knowing there won't be any pre-sales again for another long while, I would either pay the $60 for the full pacakge or just sit out and pay attention for when I should re-subscribe.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    PJ_Soul said:

My first name is Alli, lol. They must be going through the alphabet in reverse. :P
    You do know that people are asking about Vault #19 shipping which you had to sign up for back by the end of January and not Vault #20 which probably won't ship until the end of May/early June right?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

PJ_Soul said:

You do know that people are asking about Vault #19 shipping which you had to sign up for back by the end of January and not Vault #20 which probably won't ship until the end of May/early June right?
    Nope! :P Thanks for the clarity!
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    Anyone ever had any "quality" issues from TMR before? I got "A Letter Home" delivered to the UK, which arrived today and it was scuffed/scratches straight out of the packaging. Looks more like a second hand copy than a new one. I e-mailed them, but not really sure what they can do. Returning the LP would cost as much as the vinyl itself...
    Unfortunately, URP (The pressing plant TMR uses) has terrible quality control. A record like that is pretty standard from them.

That being said, usually they have better QC for TMR because they are their biggest clients (which is saying alot because they are the busiest plant in the uS).
    FYI URP is the same plant that pressed Lightning Bolt, so, there you go.

8-|
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222

Ouch. Makes sense. Should have just waited for the general release but got nervous it was exclusive to them. Oh well. I'll see how they respond. Thanks.
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    The reason I still never bought LB and probably never will. I'm trying to condense my library to one offs or special box sets that will never be released again or won't be reissued.

'08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway